• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Can you pls send me the link? i want to watch it too!!

There are images of the Valentine's poster/advertisement on this page.

Anyway, I'm convinced that Serena's admiration of Ash is what will keep AmourShipping going in the long run. We aren't likely to get very many AmourShipping hints from Ash himself in my opinion, so we might have to settle for Serena's side of the ship which shouldn't be a problem because she's provided a lot for the ship so far with her blushing and mild panic in XY013.

taeuknam

In other news, XY005 dubbed comes out tomorrow. :)
Do you think Serena's VA will use a different tone when serena talks to ash, to highlight her crush?

PokeHero96

Do you think Serena's VA will use a different tone when serena talks to ash, to highlight her crush?

Oh my daze I can't wait for the episode!
I'm sure she will do a good job with voicing Serena's voice, I don't know, we know her voice actress is good at making her sound sassy, now it's time for the shyness around Ash, hard to say, I guess well just see :) I'm my opinion, I think she'll do a good job.
I'm looking forward to the whole episode!

Sephora

yes I'm back
I am looking forward to the dub as well (for once lol).
I would love to see all the hints in XY005, 006, and 007 in English. Plus Serena's VA is very good which will make the hints that much sweeter.

Purim

Lone Wanderer

I, too am really looking forward to the dubs of these important Amourshipping episodes. I really hope the actresses (Sarah Natochenny and Haven Paschall) put in a lot of effort into these moments that establish the relationship between the characters. Especially the flashback in XY007.

If I may briefly go into another topic, I read a really good fanfic today. It's called "Calm in the Storm" and it can be found here. It's short and sweet, but really good to read on Valentine's Day. We're allowed to do Fic recommendations, right?

Lorde

I'm not sure if Serena's English VA can emote well since I've only watched two English XY episodes and I still have issues with Ash's English VA, so I'm not at all interested in how the AmourShipping scenes of XY005 will play out in the dub. I'll take the original version over the dub any day of the week as I've said before. I just can't be bothered about the dub especially after the way the music has been butchered recently. :x

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
I'm not sure if Serena's English VA can emote well since I've only watched two English XY episodes and I still have issues with Ash's English VA, so I'm not at all interested in how the AmourShipping scenes of XY005 will play out in the dub. I'll take the original version over the dub any day of the week as I've said before. I just can't be bothered about the dub especially after the way the music has been butchered recently. :x

Yeah, I prefer the original music tracks. Only wished the dub would keep the original tracks, as it would make it closer to the original. I may still watch the dub ep just to see if the dialogue is ok, though the music is gonna be off, particularly in XY 7

taeuknam

I just rewatched XY016, and it seems that Serena is getting a lot more used to Ash.
She was exasperated at the beginning when they were talking about Pokemon food, and when ash said he was hungry at the end of the episode.

Graham Aker

She was exasperated at the beginning when they were talking about Pokemon food, and when ash said he was hungry at the end of the episode.

She wasn't really exasperated, it was more of a "Oh geez...lol." at the end of the episode. The only time she seemed visibly annoyed (so far) was when he ignored her at the end of XY007.

Last edited:

taeuknam

I just watched XY005 dubbed, and I'd say Serena's VA emotes well.
She seems to speak in a soft, high pitched voice when talking to ash, and speaks in a giddy manner when she fantasizes about meeting Ash.
Also, Ash seems to speak more gently to Serena than normal.

Lorde

Even though I didn't care enough to watch the dub of XY005, I'm glad that from the sound of it, the episode remained faithful to the original version and that all the major AmourShipping hints were still there. I was mildly interested in learning about that because I've started losing faith in TPCi's dubbing abilities, but it seems like the episode was about as good as the original one, which is a good thing.

The "Do you remember me...?" at the end was soft and endearing. I quite liked it.

I also noticed a hint of instrumental French music being played in the background during some of the Amourshipping moments, particularly when Serena reminisced of Ash extending out his hand to her and when she returned his bag

Last edited:

PokeHero96

I just watched the episode, I found it really good! Dam it they are really sticking to the script, witch is greatness aha!

Serena's voice actress did a really good job with making Serena sound all excited and then shy when asking Ash if he remembered her, Ash seemed to have a more gentle tone in his voice when speaking to Serena, they both did a good job, can't wait for the next episode :p

Last edited:
Done watching XY05 in dub.... Well almost all of it, I just watched most of the part with Serena on it. Anyway It was great as well, like mentioned above, they really sticked to the script and I know that some music were changed but I really liked the music at the end when Serena asked Satoshi if he remembers her. The script and Serena's voice made it even lovelier to hear. I look forward to XY006 and more importantly, XY007.

Whoever dubbed Serena's voice really did a great job. She really sounds so....Um...Well..... "Serene".

Sephora

yes I'm back
The music at the end when Serena asks Ash if he remembers her was so sweet in the dub.

Whoever dubbed Serena's voice really did a great job. She really sounds so....Um...Well..... "Serene".

I know, right? I haven't liked a dub character's voice since 4Kids May so it makes the dub enjoyable at least to me. Ash's dub VA is improving as well but it is not nearly close to being as great as his Japanese VA.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

The "Do you remember me?" thing was done well enough.

But I'm more interested in what song was playing during that...it sounded really good (and was fitting). I don't recall that being there in the original scene. I'm willing to bet they'll use that song during the actual flashback than the Laverre City one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.