• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Aker

But seriously, she would probably just drop it and apologize, she's really submissive, at least to ash.

Well they haven't actually argued or gotten into any kind of fight so we can't say one way or the other. Sure she didn't speak up during the whole Premier date misunderstanding, and was just nervously reserved...but I think alot of you are underestimating Serena, especially given the fact she hasn't been in a position to really be annoyed with him.

Everything he's done "stupid" so far (whether it be him flailing around, losing a battle, or his desire for food) she's either just smiled, or laughed off. He hasn't done anything to personally offend her. Though your opinion on the end of XY 007 may vary.

Whoops, sorry. Got carried away there. :/

Yes, yes you did. :p

Iris meme

Well I wouldn't put my hopes up on that. Like what's been said earlier, Pikachu has been held by a lot of girls before. Besides, Pikachu is pretty friendly like Satoshi so he wouldn't mind if a friend, especially a companion would carry him.

On the bright side, this is a good chance for Pikachu to notice Serena's feelings for Satoshi. The more he was held by Serena, the more Pikachu will notice. Although Pikachu is pretty much dense like his trainer but who knows, something interesting might happen.

Quite honest, I was really worried that the whole shipping might fall down easily considering how fast things are. To me the childhood revelations was too early. Normally in Anime, those were revealed for like half the season or something. Don't get me wrong, I love it. And add the simultaneous hints from XY002 up to XY007 and in XY0013. But it seems like the writers have felt things are going too fast as well and they decided to go slow and smooth for the next episodes. I hope they do really slow things down for now.

hi guys sorry for not post for a long time but anyways
you have a point the way the shipping is going they either will canon amourshipping or this shipping will have a Titanic moment later in the anime. they should cool it down with the hints and work with character / relationships

I don't think she will cry if ash yells at her I means she a bit too sassy start crying when somebody yells at even if that her crush she probable give Ash sassy which make him embarrass , cause him to apology or start an agreement :p
development

Last edited:

taeuknam

If they do bicker, I hope Serena cries and Ash apologizes.
Not only because that would be cute to see Ash comforting Serena, but also because it establishes the white knight x damsel in distress relationship archetype.

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
That's so cute. I like how Serena has basically become Pikachu's caretaker recently. I mean it shows that Pikachu is comfortable being with her and I hope it's a sign of trust between Ash and Serena; if he thinks that she's a caring person and is totally fine with Serena watching Pikachu for him, then that would be cute. It's just something small that would really interest me. I hope Pikachu can be used to show how Ash feels about Serena since Ash is not very expressive himself. :p

Correct if I'm wrong, but I believe Bonnie is the only one who has taken care of Pikachu up till this point. This is the first time Serena has held Pikachu or done anything with him.

Correct if I'm wrong, but I believe Bonnie is the only one who has taken care of Pikachu up till this point. This is the first time Serena has held Pikachu or done anything with him.

Yeah, but that was until Serena officially joined the group. Looks like from here onwards, Eureka will be taking care of Dedenne and most of her onii-chan's Pokemon while Serena will be the one looking out for Fokko, Pikachu and most of Satoshi's Pokemon (Maybe himself as well, haha).

Last edited:

Graham Aker

One thing that's interesting about Serena is that she seems quite patient. She's not forcing anything, which is good. I'm not sure if that's being done purposely to avoid cluttering the show with romance or not. But if the writers want to try and space out hints to keep the show largely tied to it's regular formula, they probably should tell the promoters to chill out a bit.

Purim

Lone Wanderer
New topic time:

Where do you guys think Ash and Serena's relationship will progress from where we are now? Where do you think the writers will take it?

We're probably on the brakes until the next Serena-centric episode, or an Ash-centric episode that Serena can have a major role in. Most of the time I've noticed, characters have their personality shining strongest in their opening episodes, and then episodes that focus on them. They really wanted us to know that Serena is interested in Ash because her feelings are probably going to be central to her Character. I mean, in Enter Iris and Axew, we spent a bit of time seeing Iris swing around and be a wild girl, right? Even though in later episodes, she wasn't doing really anything "uncivilized". It's just how they write characters, I suppose.

We'll probably get another Serena Episode before XY25, since she's been out of focus for so long. Where the relationship goes kinda depends on where Serena's character goes. If she develops a goal soon for her to pursue while she's on the cast, it'll probably be the focus of her next episode and she'll need practicing with that. Ash, as seen with May and to a lesser extent, Dawn, has shown himself a pretty good teacher of Pokémon, which would lead to bonding time for the two of them. Ash knows Pokémon more than he knows anything else, so Pokémon could be what finally alerts him to Serena's feelings and helps him reciprocate.

If Serena never develops a goal (or, indeed, her goal is to find a goal), then her stay in XY will be different; she'll instead have to help and motivate Ash while he's on his badge quest. This requires Serena to put herself out there more, but we saw in XY005 and XY006 that she's capable of being there while Ash trains and being a huge support to him. In order to be more helpful, she has to get more Pokémon that could be used as training partners for Pikachu and the others. Again, connecting over Pokémon could be the key that pierces Ash's denseness, and training together would help them grow closer.

Two other things I'd like to bring up. First, on the note of Pikachu and Fennekin mirroring Ash and Serena, why has no one brought up Froakie? I feel like Froakie and Ash have a lot in common. They're both stubborn and brave, putting themselves in danger to help their friends, and not giving up even when at a disadvantage. They're both also prone to outside the box thinking, with Frubbles and unorthodox strategies. But Froakie and Ash aren't 100% 'the same'. Froakie is a better judge of character than Ash (such as trusting Team Rocket's Meowth) and would much rather deal in an eye for an eye than to let bygones be bygones. Maybe Froakie's personality sort of represents a more matured, but lonely Ash. One who cans see through Team Rocket's tricks, but maybe has trouble relating with others. But Froakie also has been seen close to Fennekin quite often, especially in XY011. Froakie has a soft spot for Fennekin, and from them sitting close together in later episodes, seems to be really friendly with it (contrast how Froakie acted to Fletchling in XY006 after the training had ended). Maybe Froakie and Fennekin's relationship is a sort of echo of Ash and Serena's, one that Ash might not be totally conscious about yet.

And on the other note, according to an interview I read here, Shauna is supposed to be seen as a romantic interest for the male player in the XY Games. This instantly made me think of Serena, especially with how much they're pushing her crush on Ash. A good sign, perhaps, since Ash is basically the "male player" in the series? Hopefully we'll get something from the Parfum Palace Episode.

Graham Aker

And on the other note, according to an interview I read here, Shauna is supposed to be seen as a romantic interest for the male player in the XY Games. This instantly made me think of Serena, especially with how much they're pushing her crush on Ash. A good sign, perhaps, since Ash is basically the "male player" in the series? Hopefully we'll get something from the Parfum Palace Episode.

Good post.

Do you think there will be certain times when Serena will call Ash out when he's being silly, and or stupid (without being excessive with it)? All the girls before her have done so, at one point or many. What do you think those instances will be? Right now she's seems super nice to him. She groaned a bit when his stomach growled in the recent episode but quickly laughed about it, showing it really didn't bother her that much.

One thing that's interesting about Serena is that she seems quite patient. She's not forcing anything, which is good. I'm not sure if that's being done purposely to avoid cluttering the show with romance or not. But if the writers want to try and space out hints to keep the show largely tied to it's regular formula, they probably should tell the promoters to chill out a bit.

I really like how stable Satoshi and Serena's relationship right now. The last episode, and maybe some other episodes kinda shows that they don't have any problem with each other nor any signs that they may start to bicker. They seemed to be very comfortable with each other. Though lacking hints, it is much better this way so that they can focus on the adventure while ensuring that their relationship will grow bigger on the future.

We're probably on the brakes until the next Serena-centric episode, or an Ash-centric episode that Serena can have a major role in. Most of the time I've noticed, characters have their personality shining strongest in their opening episodes, and then episodes that focus on them. They really wanted us to know that Serena is interested in Ash because her feelings are probably going to be central to her Character. I mean, in Enter Iris and Axew, we spent a bit of time seeing Iris swing around and be a wild girl, right? Even though in later episodes, she wasn't doing really anything "uncivilized". It's just how they write characters, I suppose.

We'll probably get another Serena Episode before XY25, since she's been out of focus for so long. Where the relationship goes kinda depends on where Serena's character goes. If she develops a goal soon for her to pursue while she's on the cast, it'll probably be the focus of her next episode and she'll need practicing with that. Ash, as seen with May and to a lesser extent, Dawn, has shown himself a pretty good teacher of Pokémon, which would lead to bonding time for the two of them. Ash knows Pokémon more than he knows anything else, so Pokémon could be what finally alerts him to Serena's feelings and helps him reciprocate.

If Serena never develops a goal (or, indeed, her goal is to find a goal), then her stay in XY will be different; she'll instead have to help and motivate Ash while he's on his badge quest. This requires Serena to put herself out there more, but we saw in XY005 and XY006 that she's capable of being there while Ash trains and being a huge support to him. In order to be more helpful, she has to get more Pokémon that could be used as training partners for Pikachu and the others. Again, connecting over Pokémon could be the key that pierces Ash's denseness, and training together would help them grow closer.

Two other things I'd like to bring up. First, on the note of Pikachu and Fennekin mirroring Ash and Serena, why has no one brought up Froakie? I feel like Froakie and Ash have a lot in common. They're both stubborn and brave, putting themselves in danger to help their friends, and not giving up even when at a disadvantage. They're both also prone to outside the box thinking, with Frubbles and unorthodox strategies. But Froakie and Ash aren't 100% 'the same'. Froakie is a better judge of character than Ash (such as trusting Team Rocket's Meowth) and would much rather deal in an eye for an eye than to let bygones be bygones. Maybe Froakie's personality sort of represents a more matured, but lonely Ash. One who cans see through Team Rocket's tricks, but maybe has trouble relating with others. But Froakie also has been seen close to Fennekin quite often, especially in XY011. Froakie has a soft spot for Fennekin, and from them sitting close together in later episodes, seems to be really friendly with it (contrast how Froakie acted to Fletchling in XY006 after the training had ended). Maybe Froakie and Fennekin's relationship is a sort of echo of Ash and Serena's, one that Ash might not be totally conscious about yet.

Woah, is that for real!? Well then there's truly a potential of this happening in the anime as well, provided that Sana herself does not show up.

Well, I'm also going to look forward to the fireworks event at the parfum palace, which reminds me that it will be next after the Keromatsu VS Gekogashira! Ninja Battle!! episode. Then after that another week without an episode. Dammit! >.<

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Well she has to start somewhere lol. But seriously, I just think it's cute that she's taking care of Ash's Pikachu for him in that picture. It's nice to see her bond with one of Ash's Pokemon and I hope that we see more of that in future episodes. Anyway, I'm still interested in seeing if Bonnie will ever find out about Serena's crush on Ash. They spend a lot of time together so she should pick up on that at some point and maybe tease Serena about it or something.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Heyyy! may i know what episode is this? or is it the preview for the episode 17?

The newest episode 17 preview.

I think it is very cute that Serena is holding Pikachu and I am glad that she is showing signs of bonding with Pikachu. I always found it cute when the female characters held him. The best way to Ash's heart is through his stomach (the macarons) and his pokemon :p

Brandon00151

Kinda Interesting shipping picture

[img139]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/046/7/8/commission12_4_gold_ring_951_by_hikariangelove-d76mrt3.png[/img139]

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Kinda Interesting shipping picture

[img139]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/046/7/8/commission12_4_gold_ring_951_by_hikariangelove-d76mrt3.png[/img139]

such a nice fanart, kudos to the owner

anyway sorry if this is a off-topic question or not : did i just hear it correctly that the pokemon company just made an official valentines poster or am i only misunderstanding things again?

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
such a nice fanart, kudos to the owner

anyway sorry if this is a off-topic question or not : did i just hear it correctly that the pokemon company just made an official valentines poster or am i only misunderstanding things again?

They made a poster, it only has Serena and Ash with Dedenne, Pikachu and Fennekin, Serena is holding a heart shaped balloon while her eyes are fixed on Ash. with no Bonnie and Clemont, one of the nicer posters, I wonder what is next for Amourshippng, makes us think to what extent they are willing to push this pairing

Pikafan123

Mewtwo Maniac
What if Ash and Serena get separated from the rest of the gang like in a forest or something..?? Couldn't this lead to lots of interactions and possibly loads of amoursipping moments??

Everlasting

Everything stays.
What if Ash and Serena get separated from the rest of the gang like in a forest or something..?? Couldn't this lead to lots of interactions and possibly loads of amoursipping moments??

It'd be a dream come true, though I'm expecting it to happen, honestly. There's always an episode like that in every serie, so... But let's remember Harley's wise speech!

[IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/ag/187/313.jpg[/IMG139]
"It's dangerous.... two kids alone like this!"

Last edited:

Pikafan123

Mewtwo Maniac
Maybe Ash could rescue her again..she falls down gets hurt..Ash uses the same cloth that he used (Serena gave it back to him didn't she?)..and Voilà we get the childhood scene all over again :D

majormanafemale

I just watched episode 3 it is right now a one sided shipping from Serena i will never give up pokeshipping but i acknowledge fact Serena as of this point has crush on Ash and it pains me to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.