• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyero

Dude, this is an official valentines poster. And no, Citron and Eureka are not included there.

My apologies I must have been looking at the wrong pictures.

I can't wait for the movie 17 since that's were the most interesting shippins happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

--VIRGO--

TASK: create a scenario that you think that will happen when Serena or Ash tell each other how they feel about them.

First Ash would be quite oblivious to her charm. She would hope, Ash will eventually notice by himself. After some time Serena finally realizes, her strategy won't work. After that comes to her mind, that there's no other way, but to tell him directly. Of course she will try many times, but something still interuptes her (TR, Clemont, Bonnie, missing Dedenne, new trainer wanting a battle with Ash. However during one of the beautiful evenings, Serena finally tell Ash:
Serena: "I like you"
Ash: "I like you too. We're friends after all".
Serena: "No Ash. I don't like you like a friend. After our first met you catched my attention. When Premier ask you to go with her, I thought she's talking about date. I know that was stupid of me. But after that I realized, you're much more to me than just a friend, like Bonnie or Clemont. So I can tell you, I like you, as someone very special to me".
Ash after minute of silence finally tells: "Serena. The thing is, I like you the way I never liked anyone else before. I hope you understand. That's new to me. But after what you've sad I guess we feel in similar way, so I can tell you too, that I like you like someone special".

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As for a confession scenario, Serena should get killed by yveltal and Ash should realize his feelings.

Sigh, I don't think those grim death scenarios are romantic. If Ash or Serena died in a movie it would be beyond sad even if they ended up being revived. I really doubt that either character would suddenly have an epiphany about their feelings for the other due to that anyway. I just find this to be the most sadistic AmourShipping scenario thus far, which is why I don't want it to happen. It just sounds so out of place with this anime and with Ash and Serena's relationship in general imo.

Last edited:

Bariokie

rock dog
Well... I can't even imagine Ash being romantic..
Ofcours there happened stuff like kisses but, not like talking romantic to a girl..u,u

XY007 will be airing soon. I wonder how people would react to the flashback scene, especially those who haven't watched it yet and to those who are getting curious of Satoshi and Serena's relationship?

demarc

Tomorrow Is Mine
XY007 will be airing soon. I wonder how people would react to the flashback scene, especially those who haven't watched it yet and to those who are getting curious of Satoshi and Serena's relationship?

I think the biggest difference between the original and the dub is the vocal expressions. I find that at times it's hard to read expression in a Japanese voice, I'm sure it's like that for other people as well. So in terms of interaction between Ash and Serena, Serena's voice actress knows that she likes Ash and does a great job at making her voice sound accordingly. Also the music. The Laverre City music in the flashback made the scene, obviously it's trying to indicate some kind of romantic aspect. If that music is replaced with something less emotional, it overall makes the scene seem less emotional. But in terms of visual hints (Ash's cheek scratching, Serena's blushing, ect.) that should all stay the same. And for the people who haven't watched the Japanese version, their reactions will depend on how different the English version is from the original. If it isn't as shippy (this is episode 7, which we consider to be the Amour goldmine), which t really should, chances are it won't be recognized. But seeing what they did with episode 6, the Amour might be spiced in the dub

Carltron9001

Mega Joey

For those who haven't seen the episode yet, we might get more shippers ^_^

thunder2910

Loves pizza

Lorde

For those who haven't seen the episode yet, we might get more shippers ^_^

We might, although I think most people will just be mildly interested in how the writers tied Serena into Ash's past. I know that I personally found if really interesting because it gave us another glimpse at Ash's childhood before he became a trainer. The added bonus is that the flashback from XY007 gave more fuel to AmourShipping and the biggest hints thus far imo, but I don't think it'll necessarily create as much buzz as the Japanese version of that episode did.

chellby

TASK: create a scenario that you think that will happen when Serena or Ash tell each other how they feel about them.

they get to the pokemon league, its the night before the beginning, ash cant sleep and he (and pikachu by default) go outside to look at the stars and think about the next day to come. serena comes out rubbing her eye asking if he cant sleep. Ash says yes and tells her about how he's nervous/excited for the next day then gets all depressed since thats a thing he seems to be doing this season. serena repeats the words he told her when they first met and ash remembers his first gym battle in the kalos region when she gave him the courage to defeat his opponents. he laughs and thanks her for always being there for him and being a support and how he couldn't have done it without her, and promises he will win and for her to watch him.

then he finally wins the league and after doing his victory fist pump with his pokemon and in the crowd at serena and she rushes forward and they embrace.

T0ubs1hk

they get to the pokemon league, its the night before the beginning, ash cant sleep and he (and pikachu by default) go outside to look at the stars and think about the next day to come. serena comes out rubbing her eye asking if he cant sleep. Ash says yes and tells her about how he's nervous/excited for the next day then gets all depressed since thats a thing he seems to be doing this season. serena repeats the words he told her when they first met and ash remembers his first gym battle in the kalos region when she gave him the courage to defeat his opponents. he laughs and thanks her for always being there for him and being a support and how he couldn't have done it without her, and promises he will win and for her to watch him.

then he finally wins the league and after doing his victory fist pump with his pokemon and in the crowd at serena and she rushes forward and they embrace.

I actually think that this could happen in the anime, i don't know why. Good job

I approve this scenario.

Last edited:

taeuknam

What I'd like to see is when he wins the league, Serena kisses him and we get to see the reactions of all of Ash's friends who are watching on TV.

Also XY007 dub tomorrow! Looking forward to all those hints in English!

SakuraLatias

Objection!
What I'd like to see is when he wins the league, Serena kisses him and we get to see the reactions of all of Ash's friends who are watching on TV.

Same here!

In XY006 dub, I like the part when Serena remembers Ash's line: "Never give up until its over." Then Serena tells him that he hasn't changed one bit. :p He laughed afterwards.

What are your predictions in XY007 dub?

EDIT 1: We'll see Ash's blush. Its the first time that Ash invites a character to his group. Then the flashback begins. 8D

EDIT 2: I wonder if he'll make it to the Top 4 in the Kalos League, like he did in the Sinnoh League. Nightmare it was. I like to see him win a league.

Last edited:

PokeHero96

I also can't wait for the English dub today! Oh man I'm to excited aha! even though I know whats going to happen, it would be nice to know what they are saying instead of reading subtitles and hardy watching whats going on. Plus I can't wait to see how the dub handles all the AmourShipping hints, its going to be fun :p

Lorde

What are your predictions in XY007 dub?

I predict that nothing will change; that is to say, the dialogue will likely be the same or phrased differently at worst, but that the original hints from the Japanese version of the episode will be kept intact. I personally never expected anything different. I mean I may not like the dubbed version of the anime, but TPCi hasn't done any drastic dialogue changes iirc so I'm not panicking over the fate of XY007 in the dub. I really don't think it's a big deal since AmourShipping will exist regardless of how one episode is dubbed in my opinion.

--VIRGO--

I think, theres gonna be big difference but in good way. Serena's voice sounds much better and subtle in English. 2bh I don't really enjoy those high pitched voices Ash and Serena are giving in japanese. The way Serena asked Ash "Do you remember me?" was so balanced in volume and ton, that there's no way it could be any better. Whoever is English VA of Serena, she's doing Giga remarkable job.

Coockie

I think, theres gonna be big difference but in good way. Serena's voice sounds much better and subtle in English. 2bh I don't really enjoy those high pitched voices Ash and Serena are giving in japanese. The way Serena asked Ash "Do you remember me?" was so balanced in volume and ton, that there's no way it could be any better. Whoever is English VA of Serena, she's doing Giga remarkable job.
How different humans could be. I think the Japanese voices are way better than the English voices. ^^(Sorry if I wrote something wrong, my one sentences are terrible DX)

BTW I really wanted to see the English dub of episode 7 I'm interested how they translate the flashback scene. Does anyone know where I could watch it when the ep going to be aried(when it isn't)?

thunder2910

Loves pizza
How different humans could be. I think the Japanese voices are way better than the English voices. ^^(Sorry if I wrote something wrong, my one sentences are terrible DX)

BTW I really wanted to see the English dub of episode 7 I'm interested how they translate the flashback scene. Does anyone know where I could watch it when the ep going to be aried(when it isn't)?

I find that japanese is better just because I find Ash's voice really irritating at times :/
Episodes air every Saturday, search on youtube to find it, make sure you put english dub in the search engine

Last edited:

unpleasant unfezant

Im useally not a big shipper, but this really has potential (as can be said everything regarding pokemon), But it would work better, if Serena did more, maybe be the judge of battles instead of Clemont, So she dosent end up being waifu, Used mainly for fanservice, and having no barring on the plot. They have an easy time shafting brock, since he was there from the beginning, but Serena is a new characther, and needs focus for people to keep caring.

Status
Not open for further replies.