• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunder2910

Loves pizza
Im useally not a big shipper, but this really has potential (as can be said everything regarding pokemon), But it would work better, if Serena did more, maybe be the judge of battles instead of Clemont, So she dosent end up being waifu, Used mainly for fanservice, and having no barring on the plot. They have an easy time shafting brock, since he was there from the beginning, but Serena is a new characther, and needs focus for people to keep caring.

I'm sure that there will be episodes focusing on her in the near future,
perhaps maybe this time for character development they are doing it differently?

Spoilers for current dub episode below!!!!!

I really hated the music the dub used for the young serena meets young ash scene. :/ they really blew it with the music. Why couldn't they just use the original? Otherwise i loved the scene.

SoarStaraptor

Watching it. Apparently the voices in flashback, I thought they could be better.. The music too. Also Ash: it's rude to ignore serena! (Not to mention choke on cookie lol)

demarc

Tomorrow Is Mine
Yes, the music during the flashback wasn't as powerful as the original piece as I expected. But listening closer, they added a couple of gasps and sighs from Serena, obviously indicating some kind of affection towards him. Also was she blushing when Ash was holding her hand in the original, because I never noticed.

Last edited:
Did they replace the music during the flashback ?

Yes, but have a fit over it. XY soundtrack has a mixed respect anyway, before we hit xy014 I will like the dub music over the game remixes

PokeHero96

Can I ask, did the flashback scene have the same music as the scene wear Serena asked Ash if she remembered him at the end of episode 5 ??
If not what kind of music was it ??

Can I ask, did the flashback scene have the same music as the scene wear Serena asked Ash if she remembered him at the end of episode 5 ??
If not what kind of music was it ??

No, and let's not get into that. This is Amourshipping thread, not dub vs sub.

NPT

Just a member
Yes, the music during the flashback wasn't as powerful as the original piece as I expected. But listening closer, they added a couple of gasps and sighs from Serena, obviously indicating some kind of affection towards him.

Darn it! they should've kept the Laverre City theme during the flashback since it's one of the things that made the AshxSerena flashback cute. Geez, I hate it when the dub messes up the music. Anyways, how did the dub music sound during the flashback? Was it good or bad?

In my opinion, it was bad.

Well, that explains it.

Chill man, you need to get over they change the music, but this is not the place to discuss it and you know it.

So we can't disscus music? Even if it's Amourshippy? Ok then...

Last edited:
Why not? The musical choices can affect the ship or hints just as much as the dialogue in certain cases. It can have a direct correlation to the mood/setting of the scene. And in my opinion the musical choice for the dub scene really hindered it.

Darn, they should've kept the Laverre City theme during the flashback since it's one of the things that made the AshxSerena flashback look cute. I hate it when the dub messes up the music. Anyways, how did the dub music sound during the flashback? Was it good or bad?
In my opinion, it was bad.

Darn, they should've kept the Laverre City theme during the flashback since it's one of the things that made the AshxSerena flashback look cute. I hate it when the dub messes up the music. Anyways, how did the dub music sound during the flashback? Was it good or bad?

Chill man, you need to get over they change the music, but this is not the place to discuss it and you know it.

@Dragon Air, not really. This is someone who's get serious in writing, the music still sets the mood regard less where it comes from.

Last edited:

demarc

Tomorrow Is Mine

I can't even remember, I only watched it once. And it won't be until later today that's it's uploaded online and I can listen again closer while wearing headphones. But I think it was a little "lovey-dovey" if I remember correctly, just a little bit.

PokeHero96

I thought it was about AmourShipping, it was about the flashback, I wasn't trying to make it dub vs sub, I was interested in the music, I never even mentioned the sub, so how could you assume I was trying to make it a dub vs sub, anyway, sorry if its not AmourShippy.

Anyway, I don't want to start an argument, so I'll change the subject, I watched episode 19, and I found it really good, I liked the small details, like Ash covering Serena's ears, Serena winking at Ash, and when they were walking beside each other at the start. and for though's who thought they were holding hands, I watched that scene to double check, and they weren't holding hands sad to say, it was just how the screenshot was taken, just for though's who don't know, I'm sure most of you do though. anyways, all in all it was a funny episode, and I enjoyed the little details they gave us.

Last edited:
Reactions: NPT

thunder2910

Loves pizza
I thought it was about AmourShipping, it was about the flashback, I wasn't trying to make it dub vs sub, I was interested in the music, I never even mentioned the sub, so how could you assume I was trying to make it a dub vs sub, anyway, sorry if its not AmourShippy.

Anyway, I don't want to start an argument, so I'll change the subject, I watched episode 19, and I found it really good, I liked the small details, like Ash covering Serena's ears, Serena winking at Ash, and when they were walking beside each other at the start. and for though's who thought they were holding hands, I watched that scene to double check, and they weren't holding hands sad to say, it was just how the screenshot was taken, just for though's who don't know, I'm sure most of you do though. anyways, all in all it was a funny episode, and I enjoyed the little details they gave us.

The episode may not have had much hints but I found it highly enjoyable

rockerztonight1

Calm Trainer
Wow....there are some fastidious people here. I for one actually enjoyed the BGM of the flashback scene. Lemme guess, you want to know why? Well...why not? The music itself actually sounded like it came from France. I, for one, appreciate that the Dub Team creates their own original music, instead of using tracks from the game. Yes, the Laverrre City music is beatiful and all, but it's not the end of the world because the dub team decided to be original...again. Have some respect, guys. I'm sure the Dub Team worked/works hard to make their own music.

Last edited:

SakuraLatias

Objection!
Wow....everyone's being a critic, huh? I for one actually enjoyed the BGM of the flashback scene. Lemme guess, you want to know why? Well...why not? The music itself actually sounded like it came from France. I, for one, appreciate that the Dub Team creates their own original music, instead of using tracks from the game. Yes, the Laverrre City music is beatiful and all, but it's not the end of the world because the dub team decided to be original again. Have some respect, guys. I'm sure the Dub Team worked hard to make their own music.

I think you're right. Let the dub do their own music, rather than using the music from the original. My bad for adding the music from my previous post. I'll double check my posts. ^^"

Vanderluft

Fire Trainer
Wow....there are some fastidious people here. I for one actually enjoyed the BGM of the flashback scene. Lemme guess, you want to know why? Well...why not? The music itself actually sounded like it came from France. I, for one, appreciate that the Dub Team creates their own original music, instead of using tracks from the game. Yes, the Laverrre City music is beatiful and all, but it's not the end of the world because the dub team decided to be original...again. Have some respect, guys. I'm sure the Dub Team worked/works hard to make their own music.
I whole heartly agree. I thought the music was great.

PokeHero96

I've just finished the dub, and I agree with what you are saying.
I really enjoyed it, I also think that Serena's VA has got used to the role and feel more relaxed, she's doing a grate job with Serena's voice. And it might be just me, but in some scenes, Ash's voice seemed a little deeper, but thats probably me over thinking it, I did like it when he had a soft kind of voice when talking to her, his VA did a good job on that.

rockerztonight1

Calm Trainer
I think you're right. Let the dub do their own music, rather than using the music from the original. My bad for adding the music from my previous post. I'll double check my posts. ^^"

And that's perfectly fine. I just think people are being too hard on the dub for being different... I like that the dub creates their own music pieces! :) Add that in with the remixed music from the games (which the Dub Team adds in as well), and you're looking at one happy camper. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.