1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by BlueDragonfangirl, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SakuraLatias

SakuraLatias Objection!

I 100% agree. It's just isn't fair for the dub uses the music from the original. Let the dub create their own way. We should let it go about the music discussion. Please...

2. pixcalibur

pixcalibur Can't stop laughing

We all have our own preferences on what we prefer to see. I understand they can't satisfy everyone out there. The whole dub vs sub can go into another thread, so I'll hold off on my thoughts on it. Yes I have my preference on music, but as long as the series doesn't get bowdlerized, I'm ok with it.

3. rockerztonight1

rockerztonight1 Calm Trainer

I'll try and think of a quick question. If it's bad, then please ignore it. You all remember Serena was a big help to Ash when she told him to recall his training with the group during his first gym battle.

So...When will be the next time Serena is a big help to Ash? At the Cyllage Gym?

4. ElectroBall

ElectroBall Pokémon Master

Watched XY 7 in English. The dialogue was just as good, if not BETTER than the Japanese version. Serena's VA is perfect. I couldn't care less what they do with the music, as long as the script stays similar to the Japanese version. They nailed it. Looks like TPCi is on the AmourShipping train too. :D

5. PokeHero96

PokeHero96 Well-Known Member

I not to sure to be honest, I think she'll cheer him on and everything off cause, I'm hoping that when it comes nearer to the time of the gym battle, Ash will be training with Serena instead of Clemont. I have a feeling something will happen in the Pokemon league, but thats all in the future.
    I think the thing I'm mostly looking forward to, is them being split up from Bonnie and Clemont, we all know it's going to happen eventually, it's happened every season, I just hope that when that episode comes, we'll get some juicy hints :p

6. Lorde

Lorde Banned

That's good to hear. I mean like I said dozens of times before, it made little sense for TPCi to ruin such a good episode for AmourShipping imo since the ship is one of the selling points of the XY series, at least for me and some other shippers. I know that they changed the BGM which irks me to no end, but at least the dialogue between Ash and Serena has been translated faithfully as it should. I'm more interested in upcoming Japanese episodes and potential AmourShipping hints in those episodes than about the dub though.

7. nicholasbloom

nicholasbloom Well-Known Member

the dub handled ash asking her to join the group very well to and i know some fans are mad about the music change in the flashback but i didn't mind it

Jacob Black likes this.
  8. Nintendawg65

Nintendawg65 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I definitely liked how they kept Ash's nervous tone. How he is shy, smiling at her, cheek scratching as he told her it would be great if she came along. And how instead of just wanting to see him out of nonstalgia, in English she just straight out wanted to see him :3

Jacob Black likes this.
  9. Hungry Hungry Hypno

Hungry Hungry Hypno Neutral Type

Just watched 7 in English, and I have to commend TPCi for their music in the flashback; it wasn't the Laverre fairy tale, but it still fit the mood well, and that's all that should matter. The VA's were amazing during the scene, and I enjoyed finally hearing the scene in English. No complaints here.

Looking forward to 13 dubbed :p

Jacob Black likes this.
  10. SakuraLatias

SakuraLatias Objection!

Tbh, its the first time that Ash has asked any character to join his group. How can she say "no" to that. :3 That line was nice in English.

EDIT: The music during the flashback was awesome, it was perfect for the two. The dub did a nice job that the VA's did perfectly during that scene. Can't wait for XY011 dub. :3

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    Jacob Black likes this.
  11. Done watching the english dub of XY007.....Yep.....Music kinda....Ruined the mood.... :/

12. SakuraLatias

SakuraLatias Objection!

It was okay at first, but the VA's did nicely during the flashback. It fitted just fine afterwards. Kudos to the VA's.

13. Graham Aker

Graham Aker Well-Known Member

Removing the music in te scene makes me wonder if they'll actually put the song in the dub at all. Oh well, no really an issue since the scene was still well done.

14. SakuraLatias

SakuraLatias Objection!

What are your predictions for XY013 in English?

My input: Not much actually. Here's Serena's hint: After Ash begins his battle with Premier (her English dub name has not yet revealed); if she wins, she'll have to be with Ash for a while. Which made Serena starts to freak out and begins to blush.

I wonder how Ash's reaction would be in the dub when he learns the Fairy-type as well.

That's all that I can do for now until Premier's English dub name is revealed. :3

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

The whole jealousy subplot (for want of a better word) was so short in that episode that it was virtually a non-factor. I really don't know why TPCi would bother changing anything about it aside from possibly phrasing Premiere's request differently. That episode just isn't integral to AmourShipping in my opinion since Serena's reaction lasted like three seconds and the clarification scene was equally as short. I'm not looking forward to the dub at all at this point, so I could care less how the dub of that episode turns out tbh.

16. SakuraLatias

SakuraLatias Objection!

Yeah, you're right. There wasn't any of AmourShipping moments after Serena's part.

17. Master Trainer Empoleon

Master Trainer Empoleon Well-Known Member

Just saw the dub version with XY07. The VAs did fine with the dialogue, I just wish they would have kept the original music. Like the guy said above me, the music killed the mood a bit.

18. SakuraLatias

SakuraLatias Objection!

Not necessarily, some music are fine the way it is for the dub, imo.

19. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

Ash asking Serena to join them in the dub was really freaking cute. "Thanks to you, I came up with my Santalune gym strategy, and if you could help me from here on out, uh... *looks sheepish* it would be great :3"

Little Ash is so much more mature than Ash now, lol. I didn't think about the music while watching, so I didn't miss it.

I liked Serena's VA a lot more in this episode. I found that sometimes she said lines too slowly in too high of a pitch in past episodes, and all I could think of was Luna Lovegood. But she talks faster with more emotion here, which was awesome.

I still don't understand why Ash's biggest issue was figuring out how to not catapult himself over the rhyhorn, but okay, lol. Also, when the rhyhorn started crowding around Serena, she thought back to when she was riding the rhyhorn in episode two and said "maybe it was just playing before" ... not sure if I just didn't catch that in the subs, but that's the first time I understood the point of those scenes.

(Also, Clemont diving toward the remote control with a rock: "FOR THE FUTURE OF SCIEEEENCCEEE!!!" I lol'd. I like his English VA, suits him)

Anyways, yeah the English dubs in pokemon are almost always more shippy than their Japanese counterparts. It's interesting watching it deal with a canon (one-sided at least) ship for the first time. It's doing well, I think.

SakuraLatias likes this.
  20. Carltron9001

Carltron9001 Mega Joey

Lol yea, Tangeh I was surprised the first time I saw ash so... Unlike ash, inviting someone else. It was adorable.

I also like the tone that ash and Serena use with each other- it builds on their relationship. They talk to Bonnie and Clemons different than they talk to one another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.