• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Aker

it will be obviously in the movie, but i don't think ash and serena will be separated just because it is planned, there must be something that separates them... probably clemont and bonnie looks for diancie

Not necessarily. Look at my earlier post about past trailers. Speaking of which I remember another scene from the Keldeo movie that wasn't in the final version. It was when everyone was running away from Kyureum, and Iris fell over. The Musketeer trio jumped in front of her getting ready to attack Kyureum. I believe that was in the third trailer of the movie. So don't necessarily expect 100% they'll be separated.

Last edited:

thunder2910

Loves pizza
Not necessarily. Look at my earlier post about past trailers. Speaking of which I remember another scene from the Keldeo movie that wasn't in the final version. It was when everyone was running away from Kyureum, and Iris fell over. The Musketeer trio jumped in front of her getting ready to attack Kyureum. I believe that was in the third trailer of the movie. So don't necessarily expect 100% they'll be separated.

True there have been many in the past which have shown scenes which never later on occured

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Speaking of movies, an interesting question grabbed my attention on the /vp/ anime thread.

If Serena confessed her feelings to Ash and kissed him in one of the movies, but then had their memories wiped ala "Mewtwo Strikes Back", how would you feel?

Well, actually, I'd be happy with it. I know it sounds ridiculously cheap at first but in another way, I would find it pretty cute. Of course, I would be a little bit disapointed inside but let's not forget we actually got to see a kiss AND a confession from Serena's part, even if it had to be removed from their memory.
I would rather appreciate and fanboy over it as the moment last better than crying over it afterward like there were no such scene (even if, logically, nothing actually happened). :p

BecauseI'mBatman

Speaking of movies, an interesting question grabbed my attention on the /vp/ anime thread.

If Serena confessed her feelings to Ash and kissed him in one of the movies, but then had their memories wiped ala "Mewtwo Strikes Back", how would you feel?

Sounds suspiciously similar to a relatively recent Disney movie also based on a TV show *coughAmnesia-Inatorcough*... which, within its own continuity, did provide "hints" from the more oblivious side of many fans' OTP. BUT! Even if they do use that memory idea, there is no guarantee it would play out the same way.

The only other way I can imagine the "no one remembers it happens" is a universal Reset Button a la Sonic '06 (which many fans disowned completely).

*cue epic grappling hook exit*

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wow guys! In the first trailer of the film there are only Ash e Serena!!!!!hints!!!

Someone in the anime section pointed out that initial trailers like the one that we got yesterday are almost never canon; that is to say, the events that are shown aren't actually in the final version of the movie. So I highly doubt that Ash and Serena being together in the new trailer confirms that we'll see them together a lot and get AmourShipping hints throughout the movie. I still hope that happens though, but I'll wait for the other trailers to showcase that before I get too excited about potential hints. :p

Hello! I've checking this thread for a couple months, but I just recently made an account. Hope y'all don't mind! :)

I've had an on and off relationship with the Pokémon Anime, but what I've seen of XY really piqued my interest in the anime again. Ash and Serena's history is really what got to me, and while I adore the interactions between all four members, I would also like to see more from the aforementioned two interacting in the future. Not to mention they look really adorable together whenever they're next to each other. :D

chalkus

I suspect that if Serena ever does mention how she feels, it will be after everyone has separated and she confesses while watching him go, which he will never hear.

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
I suspect that if Serena ever does mention how she feels, it will be after everyone has separated and she confesses while watching him go, which he will never hear.

That's possible, or she could confess while watching Ash sleep, or confess to Pikachu.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
That's possible, or she could confess while watching Ash sleep.

this one i think is possible, probably another camping episode in the future

as for the confessing to pikachu, idk how it should be done.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That's possible, or she could confess while watching Ash sleep, or confess to Pikachu.

How would her confessing to Pikachu progress the pairing? I mean what is Pikachu supposed to do with that information? I'm not even sure if Pikachu would comprehend Serena's romantic feelings for Ash. If Serena has to confess, it should be to Ash himself, but she still seems really shy so I can't see her doing that anytime soon either. She needs time before she opens up like that in my opinion.

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
How would her confessing to Pikachu progress the pairing? I mean what is Pikachu supposed to do with that information? I'm not even sure if Pikachu would comprehend Serena's romantic feelings for Ash. If Serena has to confess, it should be to Ash himself, but she still seems really shy so I can't see her doing that anytime soon either. She needs time before she opens up like that in my opinion.

It is said that Pokemon can sense the feelings of their trainers. Suppose Pikachu picks up on Ash's feelings, and then he hears Serena confess. Anything can happen.

Sorry I've read a few too many fan fictions with this scenario :D

Shiny Linoone

Coming and going
Going back a little bit here...

it will be obviously in the movie

That's not exactly right. Remember Evil Ash from the Zoroark movie? Orhow it initially started out as a "Lugia vs. Ho-oh" movie?
I recall an early trailer for Genesect had a blonde character defending Iris, but was never in the actual film.

Point is, it's too early to say how the movie will turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.