• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
It is said that Pokemon can sense the feelings of their trainers.

Yeah, and it's also said by extension that if two Pokemon fall in love, chances are their trainers will too. Well that was refuted in the series. It was also said if two people see a school of Luvdisc, they'll fall in love. So unless Ash is two-timing with Dawn and May, that is also refuted.

----

Anyway, I hope this pairing starts to get mutual development within the next twenty episodes. A one-sided ship from Serena's end will be rather pointless .

Ash.mx

Point is, it's too early to say how the movie will turn out.

Yeah, but also keep in mind that it can go both ways. A Movie 9 trailer also featured scenes focusing only on Ash and May that were not included in the actual movie, and iirc it also happened with a movie 2 trailer.

Now ask Advanceshippers and Pokeshippers what they think about those movies respectively.

Still, better to keep low expectations, but just saying.

Yeah, and it's also said by extension that if two Pokemon fall in love, chances are their trainers will too. Well that was refuted in the series. It was also said if two people see a school of Luvdisc, they'll fall in love. So unless Ash is two-timing with Dawn and May, that is also refuted.

----

Anyway, I hope this pairing starts to get mutual development within the next twenty episodes. A one-sided ship from Serena's end will be rather pointless .

Well I wouldn't count on that since it's not the focus of the series in the first place. If anything, that one-sided crush will eventually remain as is for more episodes or worse, it could fade away in due time. That or I'm just being negative about it. Anywho, XY still has more seasons to go so I wouldn't hope for an early development for like 20 - 30 episodes and up.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think it's more realistic to expect AmourShipping to be one-sided in the anime, but at least we know that Serena likes Ash. That makes the ship a lot more interesting in my opinion and I still enjoy thinking of various scenarios where Ash and Serena could bond even if they don't become a real couple by the end of XY. I'd like for the pairing to develop a lot faster than it currently is though, but alas. The writers have a lot on their plates so the ship is progressing quite slowly imo.

Ash.mx

It was also said if two people see a school of Luvdisc, they'll fall in love. So unless Ash is two-timing with Dawn and May, that is also refuted.

Well no, actually the pokedex states that :
Luvdisc's heart-shaped body is a symbol of love and romance. It is said that any couple meeting this Pokémon is promised a loving relationship that never ends.
and:
It lives in warm seas. It is said that a couple finding this Pokémon will be blessed with eternal love.

I guess the pokedex is referring to a couple in an on-going relationship, so we can say it hasn't been refuted yet, since Ash was never in a relationship with Dawn or May.

I've always wondered tough, what would happen if ,even if they are not a couple strictly speaking, one of the two (or both) persons finding a Luvdisc does have feelings for the other one?. We never get to see Ash and Misty finding a Luvdisc. And we dont know if Ash and Serena are going to find themselves in that situation at some point too... Still , it's most likely one of the myths in the Pokemon world that has no base to prove it as real. But like the example you mentioned before, it could be true for some people/pokemon and false for others.

Last edited:

Carltron9001

Mega Joey
There needs to be a point to this one sided crush. It might come out sooner or later. (I hope)

I have a question regarding something that may arise during this ship:
What will happen if there is a new character to come in and start crushing on Serena? How would she act, and on a 1-10 scale, how oblivious will ash be?

(10 being the most)

Last edited:

taeuknam

There needs to be a point to this one sided crush. It might come out sooner or later. (I hope)

I have a question regarding something that may arise during this ship:
What will happen if there is a new character to come in and start crushing on Serena? How would she act, and on a 1-10 scale, how oblivious will ash be?

(10 being the most)

1) Serena rejects him, saying she loves someone else, which Ash is completely oblivious to
2) Serena pretends to reciprocate, trying to make Ash jealous, but is unsuccessful
3) Serena is creeped out because the guy is similar to Conway

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
3) Serena is creeped out because the guy is similar to Conway

I lol'd at this. That would epic to have another Conway-like character that goes after Serena like Conway went after Dawn :D

I would like to see Ash get protective in that situation. He didn't do it with Dawn and Conway though...

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome

Attachments

• pikamour_by_hikariangelove-d78xh8x.jpg
    pikamour_by_hikariangelove-d78xh8x.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 67
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/063/9/6/pikamour_by_hikariangelove-d78xh8x.png
done by Hikariangelove on Deviantart

alright ladies and gents caption this one.

Serena: Hey, Satoshi?
Satoshi: Oh, hey Serena! Umm, what's with the Pikachu outfit?
Serena: *Giggle* Since Pikachu is still in the Pokemon center for recovery, I decided to be your Pikachu for a while.
Satoshi: Uhhh, Ooookay?
Serena: *Giggle* yep. Now let me just cuddle with you like what Pikachu would usually do.
Satoshi: But Serena, if you're going to be my Pika-
Serena: Now, now don't ruin this moment for me.
Satoshi: B-but Serena!
Serena: *Sigh* What?
Satoshi: I have a better idea since you wanted to be my Pikachu. And I'm pretty sure you'll love it!
Serena: *Squeal* Awww, how romantic of you!
Satoshi: Wha-?
*5 minutes later* *Outside Pokemon center*
Satoshi: Okay, now use thunderbolt, Pikachu!
Serena: .............
Satoshi: Wait, I think that's a bit too hard for you. Hmmm, Iron tail? No wait, Quick Attack!
Serena: Ugh, not what I have in mind.

Whoops! oh right, just a caption. :/

Jazzy Jinx

Kudos for keeping Ash in character. >_>

That picture is absolutely adorable.~

*fades back away into lurker land*

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'm pretty sure that generating interest in XY was the main reason why the writers came up with Serena's crush on Ash. I mean it doesn't seem like the romance subplot will be integral to the actual story line of XY so I'm thinking that the writers just wanted to come up with something new that would get shippers excited and more invested in the XY saga in general. I think it's working given how AmourShipping blew up so quickly. The ship is just so interesting and it's hard not to support Ash x Serena imo.

SakuraLatias

Objection!

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Yeah I saw it on Facebook first, but I couldn't put it on until I found out who the artist was. luckily I google searched it. so I could give the artist credit.
What I like about the picture is that it displays a nice amount of innocence about it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.