• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The whole thing probably comes from this summary we got yesterday;

#21「デビューです!セレナとフォッコでポケビジョン!!」
ポケモンとトレーナーの魅力をアピールする動画を作ってサイトにアップできる「ポケビジョン」。サトシたち が見た
「ポケビジョン」の動画には、カロスNo.1アイドルのエルとフォッコの姿が!早速セレナも、動画制作を始 めるが……。
≫脚本=米村正二 演出=古賀一臣 絵コンテ=尼野浩正 作画監督=案浦達哉

... which basically states that (according to a member of this forum) Serena wants to make herself a promotional video with Fennekin after seeing the video of the No. 1 Kalos star named Eru. We don't have an official translation yet but I don't think anything's confirmed about Serena's future. Let's wait a little bit more before discussing about that. :p

If that's not her true goal then at least it gives her more options in the future. That episode doesn't seem to revolve around AmourShipping though, at least not given the current info. I wanted another episode that focused on Ash and Serena, but we probably won't get one for a very long time. Still, if Serena is gonna be more active in the future, that might still be beneficial to the pairing.

Wow, if being an idol would be her goal then that would suck. I mean, they just wasted another potential trainer. But then again, she never had any battles in the first place.... And nope, burning TR into ashes is not counted as battle....

Anyway, I hope this is just a one shot. I don't even see how this will benefit the group. I mean being an idol would really screw things up (Paparazzi, fan-trailing, etc). Lol, this could even be a threat to the ship, she'd have a lot of suitors, die hard fans, and if she'd become an actress, she might get her own leading man and nope, Satoshi will not be that person since he has to focus on winning more badges and the league. He won't even care and be like "Yep, follow your own dream!"

Another thing is that, Pokemon is all about battles and stuff. Pokemon contest maybe all about fashion and beauty, but at least it still involves battle.

AshKetchup64

TEH PHIR3
Wow, it's so quiet here...

Question: How do you think this non-confirmed Serena's goal can affect the ship?
I think the same thing above, not that much, bit I'd lol at Ash if he drooled or something close to that over Serena in some kind of outfit.
I'd rather prefer a better goal, like her being a great Trainer, maybe, unless they have a great idea for it.
AND it can't have focus, or it will make everyone think: This is not Pokémon.

Last edited:

SakuraLatias

Objection!
I just saw XY008 in English. I liked the ending in this episode. I think this AmourShipping moment. Serena was saying: "It must be nice to have something you can be really passionate about. "Huh? What did you say?", Ash replied. Then Serena: "Oh, nothing." I thought it was nice.

Lorde

I just saw XY008 in English. I liked the ending in this episode. I think this AmourShipping moment. Serena was saying: "It must be nice to have something you can be really passionate about. "Huh? What did you say?", Ash replied. Then Serena: "Oh, nothing." I thought it was nice.

I didn't see the dubbed episode, but that sounds really cute. It sounds like Serena was implying that she's passionate about Ash (which I'm sure she is), but Ash apparently didn't catch the meaning of what she said. I didn't really like the original version of XY008 though because it seemed to lack big AmourShipping hints and since it came right after a major AmourShipping episode, it felt really bland to me personally. I'm glad that the dub at least had that one line though.

Graham Aker

The thing in XY008 was never a hint to begin with. It was just in reference to her being unsure of what she wants to do with her life. The last hint we got was in XY013, and before that it was the stuff in XY007.

SakuraLatias

Objection!
I didn't see the dubbed episode, but that sounds really cute. It sounds like Serena was implying that she's passionate about Ash (which I'm sure she is), but Ash apparently didn't catch the meaning of what she said. I didn't really like the original version of XY008 though because it seemed to lack big AmourShipping hints and since it came right after a major AmourShipping episode, it felt really bland to me personally. I'm glad that the dub at least had that one line though.

Looks like Ash didn't catch it, since he's unsure about if he's passionate enough with Serena.

The thing in XY008 was never a hint to begin with. It was just in reference to her being unsure of what she wants to do with her life. The last hint we got was in XY013, and before that it was the stuff in XY007.

I see your point. Ash has one hint in this ship so far, I like to see more hints from Ash in this series.

Carltron9001

Mega Joey
Serena likes you ash, quit being stupid!

I have to say, I am slowly losing my faith in this ship. We only saw 1 or 2 pieces of solid evidence, (I think) her goal is going to interfere with the ship, ash will never realize what is going on, and the writers have too much to focus on to make this thing turn into a reality. If they do not do something to remind me why I am here in the first place, is it even worth it? Please do not get me wrong, I love this ship, but it is in desperate need for a new hint. At this point, ash will do what he always does, and the age-defying 10 year old will never get a girlfriend. ._.

I have to say, I am slowly losing my faith in this ship. We only saw 1 or 2 pieces of solid evidence, (I think) her goal is going to interfere with the ship, ash will never realize what is going on, and the writers have too much to focus on to make this thing turn into a reality. If they do not do something to remind me why I am here in the first place, is it even worth it? Please do not get me wrong, I love this ship, but it is in desperate need for a new hint. At this point, ash will do what he always does, and the age-defying 10 year old will never get a girlfriend. ._.

I can't believe people expect new hints so soon. This is still Pokemon, people, not a soap-opera. We can't expect hints to come up every couple of episodes or so. We should be grateful that the writers have even decided to tackle this kind of plot.

Carltron9001

Mega Joey
That is the thing, we don't even know if they are really attempting this plot. As much as I would love to believe it, this is pokemon. That is why I do not think anything will happen (as of late). Even if they are serious about it, they shouldn't just show us once, then never show it again for months.

I have seen this stuff happen in shows before. It most likely will end the same way.

Lorde

I want more AmourShipping hints too, but even I'm not that cynical about the future of the ship. Maybe it's because my expectations were already pretty low from the start. But regardless, I don't think Serena's goal (if she even gets one) would "interfere" with AmourShipping anyway. I mean it's not like Serena has made much progress with Ash to begin with, so there's nothing for her eventual goal to interfere with imo. AmourShipping is fine though. It's not declining just because of the lack of hints recently.

That is the thing, we don't even know if they are really attempting this plot. As much as I would love to believe it, this is pokemon. That is why I do not think anything will happen (as of late). Even if they are serious about it, they shouldn't just show us once, then never show it again for months.

I have seen this stuff happen in shows before. It most likely will end the same way.

Just because a shipping doesn't go canon as you hope for it to become, doesn't mean you should stop supporting it. I'll personally keep supporting this no matter what because it's just fun to do so. There's no absolute harm in wishful thinking even long after the thing has long ended. Otherwise, one would wonder why the PokeShipping fanbase still exists.

Nintendawg65

I think we should observe this like a videogame. The Pokemon themseleves, and Ash's journey to get badges and the league (and Serena's if she gets a Pokemon related goal, which imo she should and something that has some form of battle) while this romantic subplot is a sidequest. A sidequest I am glad that the writers are putting in at all. If they really want to take their time, I see that as no reason to be worried. Imo it'll be great for the ship if it isn't rushed. I think it is great though that about every episode, even if it just in the background, how they are usually shown near eachother, talking, laughing, walking together. It is great. This has the one up over Advanceshipping since May regularly had to concern herself with Max which drew her away from Ash (As did Drew), while Clemont is drawn away by Bonnie, leaving Ash and Serena in their own little space.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Yeah there needs to be some patience, I don't want the writers forcing hints/moments into our faces and shoving down our throats.
they need to come at the right time, if they force the next hint/moment, it would only serve to ruin the pairing.
I don't mind waiting for another 10 episodes just as long as it isn't forced on us.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I agree that it shouldn't be forced. real relationships never happen too quickly anyway. And i think it'd be pretty cute if ash actually falls for serena instead of just noticing her feelings out of nowhere and ends up being attracted by the idea of someone being attracted to him. They make a lovely pair :)

Ross451

Plz notice me senpai
I don't get why people want more hints? Because pokémon is mainly about going on adventures to different regions while battling different gyms and earning badges if they focused on the amourshipping pokémon will just turn into a soap Oprah. We are lucky that the writters are even trying this sort of thing on a children's program. So adding hints this early was such a nice treat imo. Plus I am enjoying season so far with or without hints it makes no difference in my eyes.

I agree that it shouldn't be forced. real relationships never happen too quickly anyway. And i think it'd be pretty cute if ash actually falls for serena instead of just noticing her feelings out of nowhere and ends up being attracted by the idea of someone being attracted to him. They make a lovely pair :)

That is true... plus us boys are pretty hopeless when it comes to noticing girls feeling so the writters are pretty damn accurate to be fair :p

Last edited by a moderator:

PokeHero96

I don't get why people are loosing faith in this ship, it's not even 20 episodes in. My point is.. just read every think below.
We all know the big hints so I won't list them.

Other hints:
- Serena is shown blushing at Ash in the poster
- While Serena asks Ash if he remembers her, pikachu and Fletchling both run/fly of, sensing that there was a sensitive moment between Ash and Serena.
- When Ash and and Serena are talking, Alexa is shown smiling at them both, showing that she could probably see a spark between them both.
- Alexa tells Serena that she knew Ash needed a push, "she just didn't know it was Serena to be the person"
- On both of the character connection tables, Serena's arrow to Ash basically confirms her crush.
- In the valentines day poster, Serena is shown looking up at Ash while holding a heart. Clemont and Bonnie are missing.

Small things:
- Ash seems to be more of a gentlemen towards Serena than any other female traveling companion.
- Ash and Serena are seen walking together a lot, or sitting next to each other.
- Ash helped Serena cross the river.
- Ash shouted out "Serena, everyone" when they all got trapped in a net, implying she's the first person she pops into his head.
- Serena goes to help Ash up after he falls of the trick, but he gets up before she gets to him.
- Serena was angry at the princess braking the deal with Ash (although so was Bonnie and Clemont)
- They based a trailer with only Ash and Serena (even though them them clips may not be in the movie it's just showing something may happen or whatever)
I can't think of anymore, if I left any out please say.

Anyways, my point with the smalls things and the other hints, is that they were all shown in random parts of each episode, or outside. Heck, they even made Serena and Ash dolls, I never saw Clemont or Bonnie in the package. It just goes to show even though there isn't much big hints, they are still showing small stuff.
They are still keeping Pokemon, well… Pokemon, while indicating they they have not forgotten about the ship. I'm sure something will happen in the future, we just have to accept they they are still giving up small stuff to enjoy, until the pig things come.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
idk if i see this correctly in the video , after the yveltal appears out of nowhere and fully blast ash and serena to the ground, serena seems to be wailing in pain on some sort (though i'm not sure what she is whining about), ash on the other hand was saying don't give up now ( idk if she is talking to serena or facing yveltal)

new trailer looks deceiving btw

Status
Not open for further replies.