• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the small hints. I actually prefer hints in smaller doses rather than have one every episode otherwise I would get tired of it really quickly. Regardless of what the writers have planned for amourshipping, even if Ash never returns her feelings, I will still support this ship no matter what.

AshKetchup64

TEH PHIR3
Yep, you have to enjoy the ship, it's so fun to look for small hints in every episode, see them happy together, things like that are making me excited about a new episode.
And if you're a true supporter, you'll never abandon the ship.
They are doing well, because rushing it wouldn't be so cool, we want to see Ash getting more and more interested on Serena by the time, or it would be really strange for everyone, the show is named Pokémon, remember that. ;)

thunder2910

Loves pizza
Its better if they do it slowly rather than quick, you know the saying "good things come to those who wait" ;)

taeuknam

How often did the other ships get objective hints? Are these dry spells a norm in Pokémon?
Also, even if it seems like not very many hints now, I'm sure that when xy is over and the DVDs come out, someone watching the episodes back-to-back would say there is a high concentration of hints. I think getting 1 episode/week is making it seem like the hints are rare and in between. If 1 episode = 1 day, it's natural that she hasn't shown any major hints in 5 days. I'm sure most people won't show any extremely obvious signs of attraction every day to their crush.

skulkidcachi90

The writers force the amourshipping when they give to serena hers backstory with Ash, they show a lot of fanservice development in the first 7 episodes of the X Y series and now they forget it, the "small hits" dont are hints at all, right now serena is very pasive and boring (she was more active and funny with Ash in the first episodes) and Aah is very very dense.

Right now I dont know if Serena new goal is good about amourshipping, is she become a Idol and Ash dont care about that, Possibly serena have in the future new love interest or someting like that (**** you Kenny).

PokeHero96

The writers force the amourshipping when they give to serena hers backstory with Ash, they show a lot of fanservice development in the first 7 episodes of the X Y series and now they forget it, the "small hits" dont are hints at all, right now serena is very pasive and boring (she was more active and funny with Ash in the first episodes) and Aah is very very dense.

Right now I dont know if Serena new goal is good about amourshipping, is she become a Idol and Ash dont care about that, Possibly serena have in the future new love interest or someting like that (**** you Kenny).

I don't think they'll make a new love interest, and I don't know, I'm not judging anything until I see it, a lot of people may be annoyed with Serena's goal, a lot are saying it's not going to do anything for the ship or the anime, but seriously how do we know that ??
All I'm saying is that when this all started, we NEVER predicted childhood friends until they showed the first holding hand clip, we NEVER predicted the whole hugging and everything, so who's to say we can predict what impact Serena's goal is going to be like for the Anime, they could be hiding a bunch of stuff we don't know about, like they did when the XY series started. This is all my opinion, you may not agree but hey, I'm just saying don't jump to conclusions that this is all going to go downhill from here.

Ross451

Plz notice me senpai
I don't think they'll make a new love interest, and I don't know, I'm not judging anything until I see it, a lot of people may be annoyed with Serena's goal, a lot are saying it's not going to do anything for the ship or the anime, but seriously how do we know that ??
All I'm saying is that when this all started, we NEVER predicted childhood friends until they showed the first holding hand clip, we NEVER predicted the whole hugging and everything, so who's to say we can predict what impact Serena's goal is going to be like for the Anime, they could be hiding a bunch of stuff we don't know about, like they did when the XY series started. This is all my opinion, you may not agree but hey, I'm just saying don't jump to conclusions that this is all going to go downhill from here.

Yeah I agree... I am really shocked at the fact Ash hasnt mentioned his goal yet to the group to be fair, he normally mentions it by now (not sure if he has in the japaneseversion) Second the English dub is actually quite different for the amourshipping I am wondering if the writters are going around this season differently but so far I am enjoying all the little hints, plus I dont think her dream will be affect the ship in a bad way it's more of a reason for Ash to help her and become more close.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Anyways, my point with the smalls things and the other hints, is that they were all shown in random parts of each episode, or outside. Heck, they even made Serena and Ash dolls, I never saw Clemont or Bonnie in the package. It just goes to show even though there isn't much big hints, they are still showing small stuff.
They are still keeping Pokemon, well… Pokemon, while indicating they they have not forgotten about the ship. I'm sure something will happen in the future, we just have to accept they they are still giving up small stuff to enjoy, until the pig things come.

What? You have a link. It's not really a hint per say but I'd just like to see them anyway.

Anyway, I'm not totally ruling out a new love interest. I mean she's young, it's not totally far'fetchd to fall in and out of love. That being said, I'm not ruling out she'll keep her little crush subplot for the majority of the region either.

Last edited:

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
Patience grasshoppers, the hints will come. Relationships don't start overnight. And by the time XY is over I'm sure we will all be happy and satisfied. :D

I have to say, I am slowly losing my faith in this ship. We only saw 1 or 2 pieces of solid evidence, (I think) her goal is going to interfere with the ship, ash will never realize what is going on, and the writers have too much to focus on to make this thing turn into a reality. If they do not do something to remind me why I am here in the first place, is it even worth it? Please do not get me wrong, I love this ship, but it is in desperate need for a new hint. At this point, ash will do what he always does, and the age-defying 10 year old will never get a girlfriend. ._.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/46993780.jpg

Seriously, you expect anything romantic to a series where it's all about battles, adventures and stuff?

But you know what? Amourshippers are lucky that this is being acknowledged by the new staffs of Pokemon anime. Pokeshipping may look like it's gonna happen but Shudo confirmed that it's not and there's also Orangeshipping as a roadblock. Advanceshipping also has it's own roadblock. Even though I like SatoHaru, I can't still help but to think of those barriers between them. Contestshipping, Makoto and the fact that Satoshi and Haruka didn't have much hints compared to Pearl and Poke. But hey, despite all those stuff, I still support it even today more than Amour.

Amour is so lucky that it gets a lot of hints in just a few episodes, Valentines poster, 2 connection charts and a character description confirming Serena's feelings for Satoshi, they are nice and sweet to each other, no bickering as of yet and there are no roadblocks so far, aside from Satoshi but it seems that he's showing slight hints that he may be able to fall for Serena (Like being a gentleman and all) but that's just me.

I'm not convincing you to get your faith back to the ship. Even I have my doubts. Hell, rather than doubting it, I just look at it at the neutral side and keep my expectations low while watching the anime. Meanwhile, I'll just fully support my favorite ship, Advanceshipping (By doing artworks and reading Fanfics) until a major thing happens to Amour (Then again, that won't stop me from being an advanceshipper).

Like what everyone else said (And like what's always been said every single damn time), it's much better to have few yet solid hints rather than having them in every episode because that'll ruin the main point of the anime. So far the two are doing great, when they're not in the spotlight, you see them interact more with each other in a good mood compared to Poke (too many bickering), Advance (Haruka's more busy with Makoto than to interact with Satoshi), Pearl (Well okay, they tend to interact more often as well but not as good as amour. Besides, they already bickered in just a few episodes) and Negai (Similar to Poke)

Anyway, I'm not expecting this to be fully canon like any other major shippings. Unless of course, they are willing to bet Satoshi's character and simply replace him with a new hero (Yeah, that's the only way he can get a girl). Until that time comes, no major ships will go fully canon. But hey, there are still shippers who will ship them hard like any other shippers. Also, it doesn't matter how many hints we get. What matters is the overall outcome. Wait for the series to end before you give judgement.

Last edited:

AshKetchup64

TEH PHIR3
Wow, who wouldn't do that, mwahaha, this is for the ones who are impatient for hints, hahaha.

AshKetchup64

TEH PHIR3
And @PK0082, I'm missing the episode shots... :(

demarc

Tomorrow Is Mine

AshKetchup64

TEH PHIR3
Looks good, I wish I could understand Japanese though, could someone translate it, please?

PokeHero96

http://www.filb.de/news/neuer-trailer-und-finales-kinoposter-zum-17-film-vorgestellt-2245

There's a new trailer for Movie 17, also showing Ash and Serena a little better than the first trailer. Unfortunately I'm having trouble watching ti because of filb.de's failboat player. Let me know what you think.

Whoooooooooooooooooooa! that.. that… I don't even know what say, my excitement is overboard, not just for AmourShipping, but for the movie as well!!
Dam it, I wonder how Ash and Serena get slit up if this is in the movie, tense stuff..

-breathing-

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
http://www.filb.de/news/neuer-trailer-und-finales-kinoposter-zum-17-film-vorgestellt-2245

There's a new trailer for Movie 17, also showing Ash and Serena a little better than the first trailer. Unfortunately I'm having trouble watching ti because of filb.de's failboat player. Let me know what you think.

It didn't really show anything new, but it did sort of confirm that Ash and Serena will hang out together during at least one scene. It's not exactly the biggest AmourShipping clue though since they've been shown together in the main anime as well, but it's nice that they're at least getting some attention of their own. I hope Ash protects Serena from Yveltal's rampage at least or from the two thieves.

Status
Not open for further replies.