• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's... extreme. Interesting plot though.

Yeah... sorta, but Pokemon XY is somewhat extreme for Pokemon standards. More graphically violent battles (no black screen with flashes when they get physical attacks), blunt mention of death in XY 13, a very graphic scene of a Heart disease in XY 27 and some swearing words in some chapters (I'm sure one of the rappers siblings said Shimatta!! (equivalent to "F****ng S**t!" or "G***ammit!") in XY 20). So, im sort of In Series system with my bickering rambling.

Well, I didn't resist the urge and finally decided to make the hypoteticelly 2nd episode of this fuss. So, here's the 2nd episode (aka, the "kouhen") of the bickering arc. Sorry about not making a resumed version, i suck at that.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Recap of later successes. Then the episode starts in the point of the cliffhanger with Shitoron and Yuriika around Satoshi and panicking very strong cuz he's not responding and not opening his eyes. Serena gets an "Heroic BSOD" and takes all the blame of the later successes.

Opening

Commercial Break

Episode Title Card: Taiketsu, Soshite Ayamaru! Satoshi dai kiki ippatsu (kouhen) (Emergency, and then apologize! Satoshi's moment of Great Crisis. (Part II))

Almost nighttime, in Miare General Hospital, next to Pokemon Center (in ep. 27 it's confirmed there's human hospitals in the Pokéverse) everyone is mourning about Satoshi's state. The doctor is somewhat unsure about his health state, but he avoids to mention death. Serena is still in a "BSOD" state and doesn't respond to nothing. A nurse tells the gang the visit hours are over and they must leave the hospital. Shitoron and Yuriika goes to the Pokemon Center and they also take the chance to check Satoshi's Pokemon now that he's unconscious. However Serena still doesn't respond. So, after a moment to try, the nurse let her (and Pikachu too, cuz he doesn't want to leave and he was about "Juuman boruto" the whole room if he is taken away from his best friend, so the doctor was resigned to let the thing stay with him) to stay in Satoshi's room. So, Satoshi's still on the verge of death and Serena, finally snapping out of her BSOD in the moment, nobody, besides an unconscious Satoshi resides in the room begins to cry and somewhat apologizing to him although he isn't listening, beggin' him to not give up in that moment.

In Pokemon center, Shitoron and Yuriika are relieved Satoshi's Pokemon (and theirs' too) are unharmed according to Joi-san. However they're very worried 'bout the state of his friend. To distress things they talk about the bickering and about they hope to them making up after this. So, Shitoron and Yuriika realizes something after seeing Serena in her BSOD state, and they make a conclusion... Yuriika in her gag mode, tells him to not take their example (basically a "non-hint that is a hidden hint", in every anime the "potential main couple" is basically the worst example of love for the rest of the cast) and she wants him to KEEPU a wife that doesn't bicker with him.

In some site from Kalos forest surrounding Miare City, Musashi, Kojirou and Nyaasu very pissed off about their last blast off and they plan sort of a very sinister scheme and Nyaasu proposes the idea about the moment Satoshi recovers, to take Miare Pokemon Center with everyone inside as hostages and make an exchange with Jari-boy (forn non used to jap version: Jari-boy = twerp)... to make things more troubling to him, they'll also make whole Miare City against Satoshi using TV Signals, so he will be forced to hand Pikachu to the rockettos. Even they daydream about getting megapokemons in the hostage pack and bringing them to Sakaki who very happily recieves the bounty when Satoshi finally decides not to hand them Pikachu Unknown to them, Limone, aka, Burshamo Kamen overhears this behind some bushes and decides to take action... when the situation needs it.

Next morning Satoshi opens his eyes, he feels somewhat touching his hand (yeah, a borderline shipping tease, but... it's something), he sees Serena sleeping in the corner of the bed (don't mislead this statement. She was in a chair xDD Remember... 'tis a Kodomo anime) In the other corner there's Pikachu sleeping and stirring.They wake up and somewhat she's very happy about him getting awake (Pikachu's happy too). Satoshi asks her since when she was here. She bluntly responds from the night he passed out. Satoshi starts awkwardly to try to make up when she interrupts him telling him about breakfast and that she'll bring his pokemons back, cuz the blonde siblings took them to Pokemon center. She said him to stay in bed and promise him to bring him breakfast and his Pokemons. He is taken aback with that change of mood, and now he wonders what's up with her and he becomes angry she didn't let him apologize, Pikachu calls him out about past success biting his forearm and asks him something in his pika language. Satoshi figures he was wrong about snapping at her in 1st place, and tells sorry to Pikachu about the bickering. Pikachu is gonna help him to apologize her, so he begins to plan a way to apologize.

In the pokemon center Serena goes where the blonde siblings and tell them the good news. So, they're going to plan a way to get Serena apologize him with breakfast when suddenly there's a blackout. They go to the main hall and then the lights are on and there's the Rocketto Dan with a bunch of stolen Monster Balls in a bag and people caught in nets. Nyaasu, Sonansu, Maaika, Baketcha, Musashi and Kojirou doesn't waste time and they catch the "blonde corps" and their Pokemons too and screams the police outside Pokemon Center something about bringing the main Kalos TV Station to Pokemon Center inmediately cuz they want to give a message to Miare's inhabitants and specially, to Satoshi from Masara Town or they'll have their Pokemons caught too!!.

A nurse goes to Satoshi's room in order to check him, only to realize the room is empty. No big deal, cuz she was telling him he is able to leave the hospital.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commercial Break, Pokemon Quiz, Sponsor tag, yaddayadayadda.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Satoshi, with Pikachu in his shoulder (as always) are walking through some Miare City Boulevard, still thinking in a way to apologize. Somewhat he popped out the idea about making a cake, but he discarded inmediately that idea, cuz he admits he is as bad as Kasumi at cooking (yeah, nostalgia thrill). He spontaneously sees a cake store, but he was about rejecting the idea because a matter of money when suddenly Limone appears in his motorcycle with sidecar and they have some talk about how Shitoron and Yuriika are doing and if was Satoshi taking care of his son. Suddenly the bickering and apologize subject is brought by the Kanto native. Limone promises him to pay for him the "weird way to apologize to a girl" when suddenly they see a message in a TV screen from the shop nest to Bakery store. Kojirou is making an angry announcement about bring to the Pokemon Center some boy who made a fuss with a Gaburias in the top of the prism tower. Musashi also tells to the inhabitants that if he doesn't hand Pikachu to them, they will "steal" the Pokémon center with every people and the blonde siblings and the Jari-boy's girlfriend (yeah, make Satoshi die from embarassment in front of a whole city), Satoshi is about to shout back, but Nyaasu makes a mindgame broadcasted to whole Miare City. Obviously directed to Satoshi. "What is more important... your dream about winning the Kalos League, or your precious Pikachu?" Satoshi is about to make a wrong decision when Burshamo Kamen (yeah, Limone made "henshin" and bought the "apologizing cake" when Satoshi was focused in the TV screen of the shop next to the bakery store) snaps out of his almost impulsive streak with some heroic phrase stolen from Kamen Rider series and they plan to make everything is safe. So, they go to Pokemon Center in the Masked hero's motorcycle.

Inside Pokemon Center the situation is outta control, with everyone being caught and unable to make action. Someone recalled the boy who saved Gaburias in Prism Tower, and how he'd wish him to control the situation. Another boy talks about he wishes Burshamo Kamen to appear. The blonde corps realized the 1st boy is talking about Satoshi, and they hope he would make at time.

Outside Pokemon Center Satoshi is in front the main door shouting the Rockettos to come out (with some "rare in the series" swearing words like Kusottare, Bakayarou, Konoyarou or most common Hikyomono (akin to "coward" or "candy-a** f***ot"), cuz he's still pissed off). The rockettos appears and he's about to hand them Pikachu when he shouts Burshamo's name and Mega Burshamo and Burshamo Kamen appears behind. The Masked hero orders Mega Burshamo to fire kick the rockettos and then they enter the center and free the hostages. However in the conmotion they forgot to bring back the Pokémons and the Rockettos run away in their (unlogically repaired) Nyaasu baloon with the Monster Balls inside. The whole gang (aka Satoshi, Serena, Shitoron and Yuriika) are about to use their Pokemons but suddenly Burshamo Kamen stops the blonde siblings to enter into action saying that this situation only matters to Satoshi and her friend. The blondes wonder how he'd know about the past bickering, but they got the message and they only have to watch into the sidelines expecting to them overcome their differences. They're somewhat akward to coordinate an attack and Kojirou sees that awkwardness as a chance to attack, so, he orders Maaiika to going down to ground and shot his signature attack (ink shot or whatever his attack is called) and somewhat Serena's instinct kicks and order Fokko to make hidden power. The attacks collide and this makes Satoshi also snaps out of his awkwardness, Serena suggests him to tell Pikachu use ExtremeSpeed (to remember, she saw Pikachu learning the attack from past battle) Satoshi, after some cliched-10-seconds-static-frame-dramatic stare decides with a smile to take her advice and orders his yellow rat to do ExtremeSpeed. It succeeds and Shitoron, being an electric type gym leader, suggest him to make an Elekiball. Satoshi wonders why an elekiball and no juuman boruto, but Shitoron says "just do it!", so he orders, but before that he tells Serena to command Fokko to use flamethrower cuz he had an idea. So, Pikachu makes an elekiball, and, by ExtremeSpeed effects it gets bigger than before (reference. Imagine it's about the size of the Red Death Ball Freeza used to destroy Namekkusei's core in DBZ). Serena begins to panic about the idea and Satoshi only tells to trust him, so he calls Pikachu to launch the enhanced elekiball and Serena commands her signatur pokemon to make flamethrower, so the elekiball takes the sun colors (yeah yeah, graphically imagine it's like Freeza's supernova, but way smaller and not devastating at all) it takes down Maaiika and the ball rises up due to anime physics' incoherences to Rockettos' baloon and blast off, again! and the bag with hostaged monsterballs fall to the earth, only for being taken by Burshamo Kamen and Mega Burshamo!! The day was saved, but the main thing wasn't resolved at all.

Burshamo Kamen appears to congratulate Satoshi and, as promised(taking the chance Serena's not noticing), he hands him the "apologizing cake" as a "reward" and he storms off the way. Satoshi (and the blonde siblings) begin to make a conclusion who'd Burshamo Kamen be when he's nudged by Serena. So, they still are very awkward to each other and can't start a proper conversation when Yuriika suddenly loses her patience (she wants to continue the journey) and, against some protesting from Shitoron about not getting on their matters, push her, only to make them accidentaly hug (and Satoshi throws again the cake, but it was saved by Pikachu and Fokko's fast reaction). After somewhat 5 seconds they, surprisingly gently push away each other and takes some distance to make things mone comfortable. In that awkwardness, after saying the truth about the cake incident, they finally apologize, but Satoshi does it in an overdramatic way (yeah, with the traditional shot of him covering his eyes with his cap and somewhat trembling), he says he reaaly didn't mean it when he questioned why'd he invite her to travel and he slips away that he likes travelling with her (making her to do the traditional blushing) and he hands her the cake as a double way to apologize. Somewhat she hands him a if not bigger, equal big bag of macaroons in a 2 way to apologize and congratulating him for past events. Satoshi (how did the macaroons appear after all? i suppose another plot device), surprisingly thanks her and put the macaroons in his bag telling that he doesn't deserve it after all that incident, but he'd eat it later. With this, the gang start their travel to Kunoe City with the narrator saying about the bonds being strenghtened , but also saying about the blonde siblings wondering the about that "special bond" that binds Sato and Sere (yeah, they're about figuring that after the whole incident) and also wondering if Burshamo Kamen is who they think he is.

To be continued.

Commercial break

Ending and NEP

Sponsors

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it's long for some ones, i hope someone makes a resumed version of it, like BecauseI'MBatman made it (sorry, I suck at making resumes). Well finally i finished my rambling about the bickering arc. So, if someone has some ideas, they're welcome.

For non japanese:

Burshamo kamen = Blaziken mask xD

Last edited:

ILiek-NO

I wouldn't exactly nitpick everything Serena does against Ash as a bad thing. It would be considered bad writing if there wasn't conflict here and there or no quirks one dislikes for that matter. It's been like, what, two episodes after the one people were hyping about? I think we need to have a little faith in the writers to make consistent writing and not centering the entire series on AshxSerena.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
^ I cracked up when somebody quoted to just make a quick response, I was caught up in the reading before I saw how long the text wall was.

Anyway, I personally do not think a bicker episode would be something Ash and Serena need for a bonding episode. I mean Ash and Serena appear to be more mature than that. Sure, Ash still has his food gags which is a pretty funny trait because Serena's the baker, but who can blame him? He just has bad manners.

So far, he doesn't appear to be dense, it makes sense that he would not pick up on the crush if Bonnie and Clemont haven't either. He obviously isn't as inexperienced as BW Ash and IIRC, his Pikachu has only lost to Viola and Diantha so far. So I think the writers have a much better understanding of how Ash has developed on his journey than the Best Wishes writers, so I wouldn't take what that BW episode said about Ash's age seriously.

--VIRGO--

^ I cracked up when somebody quoted to just make a quick response, I was caught up in the reading before I saw how long the text wall was.

Anyway, I personally do not think a bicker episode would be something Ash and Serena need for a bonding episode. I mean Ash and Serena appear to be more mature than that. Sure, Ash still has his food gags which is a pretty funny trait because Serena's the baker, but who can blame him? He just has bad manners.

So far, he doesn't appear to be dense, it makes sense that he would not pick up on the crush if Bonnie and Clemont haven't either. He obviously isn't as inexperienced as BW Ash and IIRC, his Pikachu has only lost to Viola and Diantha so far. So I think the writers have a much better understanding of how Ash has developed on his journey than the Best Wishes writers, so I wouldn't take what that BW episode said about Ash's age seriously.

Like Alexa said after his battle with Viola "he was unprepared". Ash was simply suprised by Viola's strategy. But in battle with Grant, he knew what to expect. And ruled the battlefield.

I don't think a simple "slap in the hands" would ruin their relationship. I mean, anyone would still do that to him. He was pretty lacking manners back there. That small piece of cake should be distributed to everyone but Satoshi wants it all for himself so he got what he deserved, a little hand slap and some nagging.

About the possible bickering, yeah sure they haven't done that yet and that's one major advantage of SatoSere which is a good relationship between Satoshi and Serena. But to make their relationship more better, they need to overcome a simple bickering. Even the sweetest couples anywhere tend to bicker a lot but they were able to overcome it.

You've got me wrong. I didn't said their relationship was ruined by that hand slap. As you said. No bickering is a major advantage amour over others. And that handslap somewhat scratched it. I hope that's the most we get, when comes to bickering.

Nice scenario. Cute and touching. However Ash and Serena acts ooc. And like I said bickering among them especially that big would make amour like others shipping IMO. They didn't bicker that much even Ash with Iris or Misty. So I see this only as a fanfic. However still very good one.

So umm is it true that Alan's english VA would be Yuri Lowenthal? If so then that would be totally awesome. Yuri's like one of my favorite VA in english.

Anyway, the fanfic above is quite nice but at the same time felt kinda rushed. And how Satoshi shouted at Serena is kinda harsh. He did shouted at his previous companions but not this kind of attack. But still, nice to read. I do hope we see them bicker because I believe that would strengthen their bond.

Oh cr*p! Didn't realized mah headcanon for a bickerin 2 episodes was indeed becomin unvoluntarily into a fanfic because post lenght. So, i have no way but startin to resume my zany ideas (don't know bout rep system. Today i had neg rep for the "bible sized" rambling. It wasn't my intention to accidentaly turn that into a pseudo-fic.

BecauseI'mBatman

Oh cr*p! Didn't realized mah headcanon for a bickerin 2 episodes was indeed becomin unvoluntarily into a fanfic because post lenght. So, i have no way but startin to resume my zany ideas (don't know bout rep system. Today i had neg rep for the "bible sized" rambling. It wasn't my intention to accidentaly turn that into a pseudo-fic.

I believe the term you're looking for is to "summarize" your ideas - and here's a hint: Try to say more with less.
For instance, your final paragraph can be shortened to a couple of sentences about how Ash and Serena give heartfelt apologies and Bonnie pushes them into a hug, forcing Pikachu and Fennekin to save the cake, and a general statement about bonds makes C&B contemplate AmourShipping.

I take instances like these with a grain of salt. The main girl is always the one to scream Ash's name out when he's in danger or hurt.

I know, I'm not saying that it's a hint nor does it imply anything. I just find it nice, similar to how they would usually seat/stand next to each other most of the time.

Teebu

I like how Serena slapped Ash's hand away and showed her sassy side. This shows that she is starting to get used to traveling with him and not be as shy, which is nice.

Agreed, it was more of Serena coming out of her shell than a hint, it's been subtle but gradual for serena, started with the facial expressions, then the lines she pulls and now this. Hopefully as she gets more comfortable they will start to interact just the two of them more, thats what the ship needs.

Brandon00151

Agreed, it was more of Serena coming out of her shell than a hint, it's been subtle but gradual for serena, started with the facial expressions, then the lines she pulls and now this. Hopefully as she gets more comfortable they will start to interact just the two of them more, thats what the ship needs.

I think thats a good thing. She couldn't stay shy Serena forever and hope to get Ash at the same time. Which brings me to ask this question. Is Serena coming "out of here shell" too early, too late, or at the right time?

I think thats a good thing. She couldn't stay shy Serena forever and hope to get Ash at the same time. Which brings me to ask this question. Is Serena coming "out of here shell" too early, too late, or at the right time?

Well, I'd say since we are on xy 25-26, maybe that's more than a month, show-wise??? Serena has probably traveled with Ash enough to be comfortable around him. I suppose she has "come out of her shell" at the right time.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

I believe the term you're looking for is to "summarize" your ideas - and here's a hint: Try to say more with less.
For instance, your final paragraph can be shortened to a couple of sentences about how Ash and Serena give heartfelt apologies and Bonnie pushes them into a hug, forcing Pikachu and Fennekin to save the cake, and a general statement about bonds makes C&B contemplate AmourShipping.

Chill dude, why are you all over him? I don't see why you're making a big deal about it.

Moving on, I thought it was a good read overall, and I'm glad Serena anime-wise sassed Ash. Just don't overdo it in excess writers, it would lose it's charm. I'm actually looking forward to their argument episode.

Jrzfine

Dennis the Menace
I'm right there with you. Up to this point Ash has only interacted with Serena while he's happy or concerned. It would be nice to see how he interacts with her while angry or sad.

In other news, do you guys think there will be any hints in next Thursdays Korrina/ Team Rocket episode? Personally I doubt anything major would happen. Would be nice if Serena viewed Korrina as a 'threat' similar to how she reacted with Millfui and the Sylveon trainer, but I don't think this'll be the case, since she will be travelling with the gang for multiple episodes.

ashsfuture

good news we"ll be getting the mega evolution special dubbed, and for next week 1- hour special I'm looking forward to seeing Ash's aura abilities being brought into the anime again (if this happens) and wonder how Serena will interact with Korrina.

Takeshino

武 志信
I have a theory to why would korrina travel with them:
As she is a Skater, she will probably go with them to the lost hotel (correct me if i'm wrong)

tomyno

I just wonder when is autor of biografies for serebii going to write on Serena's character about her crush on Ash. It is so obvious.

zhixun

I just wonder when is autor of biografies for serebii going to write on Serena's character about her crush on Ash. It is so obvious.

Although it is a canonical crush but the biographies of a character should stay neutral.

good news we"ll be getting the mega evolution special dubbed, and for next week 1- hour special I'm looking forward to seeing Ash's aura abilities being brought into the anime again (if this happens) and wonder how Serena will interact with Korrina.

If Corni does not have too much talk with Satoshi, then I think Serena will just be a background character rather than having an interaction because Serena is not interested in Aura.

Heh, Character bios shall stay neutral in famous and well received sites like Serebii and Baulbapidia. That's the reason bios' author from both sites doesn't add Serena's crush. But indeed Pokemon Fan and KuchiKomi characters' relation table confirmed the half canon crush. So, 'tisn't big deal after all.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
I don't understand why her bio in Serebii says that her goal is to follow in her mother's footsteps for Rhyhorn racing when she clearly hated Rhyhorn racing before XY007. But it does mention a bit about Ash so it's fine.

This anime could mean SERIOUS character development if Ash gets Serena, gets to Grand Duke to rematch Grant , Mega evolves Charizard, and beats Diantha's teleporting Gardevoir. So far I think it seems probable because Ash is a lot better in this anime so we will see.

I can't wait to see the new list of episodes to find possible hinty episodes, and I can't wait to watch the movie because it supposedly focuses on the whole group so hints may happen.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Man, we're still arguing about this? Look, I know some people think Serena's aggression took something special away from this ship, but I don't believe that's the case here. In fact, an argument could actually help bring them closer, maybe help them realize how much they need the other. I still don't know what their big argument could be about, but I'm pretty sure the resolution will end in a big hint. Maybe even from Ash's side!

Status
Not open for further replies.