• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon00151

Im pretty sure its about Pikachu or Serena. Seems like each line is either Serena or Pikachu.

Lets see..

We will shine even brighter tomorrow
We believe in the peace-peacsmile!
The glittering future is now
Everything is ready!

Neutral

Even if today is not a special day
You are constantly on my mind
Both
Where are you? What are you doing?
I want to meet you right now

Rarely is Ash and Pikachu separated and they seem to know what the other is doing and the whole reason Serena went on her journey was to meet Ash so it could be talking about her

Hey, no matter how long we've been apart
Our hearts will always be connected
Even though Serena had ash in her heart the whole time that she was away from Ash this line talks about both hearts being connected and I don't think was always thinking about Serena the whole time they were apart.

There are times when I get disheartened and want to cry
Doesn't sound like Pikachu but maybe its talking about Ash. On the other hand it could be talking about Serena and how she feels about Ash

But I am positive courage is the key to getting stronger
Things won't always work out but we shouldn't just look sad;
Let's overcome our problems together!
This sounds like its talking about Ash and Pikachu

Let's dream even bigger than before
Let's make a big peace-peacsmile!
It is now, it is now!
This could be either

We'll hold hands tightly;
Ash and Serena did hold hands but this could be talking about a bond

Make a cheerful peace-peacsmile!
I'm so happy I'm not alone!
Could be talking about Serena and it could be talking about Ash and Pikachu

I love your kind smile
Same as before could be talking about how Serena loves Ash's kind Smile but it also could be Ash and Pikachu
Let's return to your place!
Uhhh... not sure about this one.

Yeah more than likely its talking about Pikachu considering you hear his voice throughout the entire song but alot of the lines could also be said about Serena and Ash too.

BlueDragonfangirl

I don't know about this fighting episode, I still think it'd be over a jealousy only instead of being all pouty this time shey'll get angry thinking he likes her or whateverXD

Hmm, still not convinced, the song could only be meant for Pokemon and they've just probably throw in those lines to make it sound more interesting, y'know like any other anime with random songs on them that has nothing to do with the show.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
^yes I know what you mean, but I think they need to wait until after they reach 18 years old, if you know what I mean, lol.

no forget it, I better keep it G rated otherwise I might get into a little bit of trouble, for me the ending theme I am not 100% certain about, I think it would be better to wait and see what happens, who knows it might surprise us more than we expected.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
Hmm, still not convinced, the song could only be meant for Pokemon and they've just probably throw in those lines to make it sound more interesting, y'know like any other anime with random songs on them that has nothing to do with the show.

Generally for other animes, a lot of the songs don't particuarly make sense with the show in question. At least until recently anyway. Pokemon itself have always had songs that have something to do with the show in question, though some more than others. This particular ending seems to have more to do, at least in my mind, with the show's theme of companionship and friendship with just a subtle little nod towards Serena's affections for Ash and not too much with the actual show itself.

Honestly I am curious of where the studio will run with this. They have to know what they just did with Serena and Ash and I wonder how they will develop this relationship between the two. If they wanted a cute moment between the two, I am surprised they didn't take the Pokeflute mission from the game and have that with Serena and Ash looking at fireworks together. Would have been perfect. Instead we get this awkward episode with a weird, snob of a princess and seeing Clemont's.....bloomers? I don't even know what he is wearing as underwear.

pkmmkp

Im pretty sure its about Pikachu or Serena. Seems like each line is either Serena or Pikachu.

Lets see..

We will shine even brighter tomorrow
We believe in the peace-peacsmile!
Everything is ready!

Neutral

Even if today is not a special day
You are constantly on my mind
Both
Where are you? What are you doing?
I want to meet you right now

Rarely is Ash and Pikachu separated and they seem to know what the other is doing and the whole reason Serena went on her journey was to meet Ash so it could be talking about her

Hey, no matter how long we've been apart
Our hearts will always be connected
Even though Serena had ash in her heart the whole time that she was away from Ash this line talks about both hearts being connected and I don't think was always thinking about Serena the whole time they were apart.

There are times when I get disheartened and want to cry
Doesn't sound like Pikachu but maybe its talking about Ash. On the other hand it could be talking about Serena and how she feels about Ash

But I am positive courage is the key to getting stronger
Things won't always work out but we shouldn't just look sad;
Let's overcome our problems together!
This sounds like its talking about Ash and Pikachu

Let's dream even bigger than before
Let's make a big peace-peacsmile!
It is now, it is now!
This could be either

We'll hold hands tightly;
Ash and Serena did hold hands but this could be talking about a bond

Make a cheerful peace-peacsmile!
I'm so happy I'm not alone!
Could be talking about Serena and it could be talking about Ash and Pikachu

I love your kind smile
Same as before could be talking about how Serena loves Ash's kind Smile but it also could be Ash and Pikachu
Let's return to your place!
Uhhh... not sure about this one.

Yeah more than likely its talking about Pikachu considering you hear his voice throughout the entire song but alot of the lines could also be said about Serena and Ash too.

I doubt it's about Serena, But I guess we'll have to wait and see it for ourselves. BUT I think there could be an amourshipping scene with serena that could last like 5 seconds, Still really unlikely, but it could happen in a few more seasons though.

FairyCoordinator

i know that the writers will have to wrap up/resolve the serena loves ash subplot at some point, but i just wonder how they're going to do it. It'll probably come at the very end of the series, but three seasons with Serena still having an unspoken crush on ash seems like a lot. Plus, at the rate of which things are going, it seems like ash is gonna catch on pretty soon. I want an episode focusing on serena where the main focus is amourshipping. That would be great.

Jrzfine

Dennis the Menace
I doubt they'll have Ash catch on unless someone tells him. Everything else you said I'm totally with, though.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
It's most likely that this new song is not about Serena's affections. I think the song's message is what it's already done, to make the fans think about it. It is most likely about Pikachu and Ash' friendship, as well as everyone else's, but lines are thrown in here and there which can be interpreted as subtle hints.

I think Ash will realise when Bonnie says something. I can almost guarantee that she will catch on to Serena's feelings, like she did at the Cyllage Gym battle. Then she could blurt out something accidentally.

BecauseI'mBatman

It's most likely that this new song is not about Serena's affections. I think the song's message is what it's already done, to make the fans think about it. It is most likely about Pikachu and Ash' friendship, as well as everyone else's, but lines are thrown in here and there which can be interpreted as subtle hints.

I think Ash will realise when Bonnie says something. I can almost guarantee that she will catch on to Serena's feelings, like she did at the Cyllage Gym battle. Then she could blurt out something accidentally.

So what you're saying is... The writers are trolling again using the ambiguous-interpretation method? Unfortunately, even though shippers and anti-shippers can interpret it whichever way they please, they still refuse to be completely pleased.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Actually, I am still pleased with this, as at least this means that the writers have this on their mind. I'm not saying it's completely unrelated to Amourshipping, I'm saying they've purposely put subtle hints in to excite the fans (not tease). It's a positive sign for the anime, and I have NEVER complained about a lack or an overdose of shipping hints or storylines.

zhixun

i know that the writers will have to wrap up/resolve the serena loves ash subplot at some point, but i just wonder how they're going to do it. It'll probably come at the very end of the series, but three seasons with Serena still having an unspoken crush on ash seems like a lot. Plus, at the rate of which things are going, it seems like ash is gonna catch on pretty soon. I want an episode focusing on serena where the main focus is amourshipping. That would be great.

I agree with you idea for Serena's episodes being Amourshipping. It is better than what her episodes that she received, especially the Sihorn race in my opinion.

Sephora

yes I'm back
As much as I'd love to think that the lyrics for the new ending have some AmourShippy element to it, I don't think so at the moment. I mean don't most songs in pokemon have some friendly/love lyrics in them?
Unless Serena's VA is singing the ending song, I don't think it means anything. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
I doubt it's about Serena, But I guess we'll have to wait and see it for ourselves. BUT I think there could be an amourshipping scene with serena that could last like 5 seconds, Still really unlikely, but it could happen in a few more seasons though.

Remember XY025? Serena showed us that hints can last for a full minute. So don't expect hints to always last for a few seconds.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
So what you're saying is... The writers are trolling again using the ambiguous-interpretation method? Unfortunately, even though shippers and anti-shippers can interpret it whichever way they please, they still refuse to be completely pleased.

Pretty much. This isn't actually hasn't been the first time they have done this with shipping, or just hinting at certain events in general. Looking back at some of the Diamond and Pearl endings, some can be taken as a little nod at that shipping. Though, once again, I am much more inclined to say that the endings just follow what is happening in the show or going with the show's theme of friendship and companionship and such. Amourshipping is the only exception because of the actual cannon proof that Serena likes Ash, so the idea of the writers hinting is much more apparent and much more plausible. It just makes me curious of what they will do with this. To be honest I haven't been following the Pokemon anime for some time, I stopped somewhere in the middle of Diamond and Pearl. I only started watching XY because I enjoyed the games. So imagine my surprise when I heard about Amourshipping XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.