• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

--VIRGO--

Guys, don't give too much attention to their physical traits (height,skin,eyes,teeth,etc). Remember that they had new artists and they have their own style of drawing. They also doesn't seem to give much details on how their heights look or how tan their skins are. That's why sometimes you see Serena taller than Satoshi and vice versa.

As for the yandere part. Yeah, it's just a joke, don't take it seriously.

Also, some people say that if ever Iris reunites with Satoshi and if she calls him a "kid", Serena would be mad at her. Personally I don't think so. She would just probably laugh it out on how silly they look. I mean how bad does it sound anyway? I haven't seen BW quite honest but is it really that bad that Iris calls him a kid to the point that it would totally offend someone?

Serena being taller than Ash is just an optical illusion. Her hat seems to be bigger than Ash's.
And I think Ash looks taller because of his clothes, which makes him thinner and therefore taller.
Well about Iris. Calling Ash a kid almost every episode was really annoying. Maybe that was OK first five time. But after 100 episodes it became really old and boring. And when Dawn also caught that. That was very low.

I don't think the writers would want to ruin XY by bringing back Iris. She was afterall, the most annoying companion Ash ever had.
I know it's a trend but I wouldn't like to see her again in XY. Instead, they could bring back Brock for a few episodes.

I think better chances of return has May. Hoenn remakes, May's love for romance (and Kalos is based of France with Paris, the city of romance). Iris has no good reason to come to Kalos and unlike AG or DP when Ash got his main travelling companion. Iris acted more like another Brock along with Cilan.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Serena being taller than Ash is just an optical illusion. Her hat seems to be bigger than Ash's.
And I think Ash looks taller because of his clothes, which makes him thinner and therefore taller.
Well about Iris. Calling Ash a kid almost every episode was really annoying. Maybe that was OK first five time. But after 100 episodes it became really old and boring. And when Dawn also caught that. That was very low.

I think better chances of return has May. Hoenn remakes, May's love for romance (and Kalos is based of France with Paris, the city of romance). Iris has no good reason to come to Kalos and unlike AG or DP when Ash got his main travelling companion. Iris acted more like another Brock along with Cilan.

They really wasted Hilda and Rosa by not introducing them in the anime. Either one of them would have perfectly fitted with Ash.
Hell, if they would have had Hilda travel with Ash instead of Iris, BW might have been a quite a bit better. I still believe that Iris was one of the factors which affected BW and ruined important years in the Pokemon series.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
They really wasted Hilda and Rosa by not introducing them in the anime. Either one of them would have perfectly fitted with Ash.
Hell, if they would have had Hilda travel with Ash instead of Iris, BW might have been a quite a bit better. I still believe that Iris was one of the factors which affected BW and ruined important years in the Pokemon series.

I think Iris could have been a good character, but the writers made a bad decision in her personality. If Rosa or Hilda became Ash' companion, it would be a lot similar to XY, which would be a good thing BTW.

But back to Amour, I'm not calling it SpaghettiShipping, EVER. The new episode is coming out Thursday, and we have seen two possible hint scenes in the photo and the 0_0. Now, I know we've talked about it, but let's have some last-minute predictions. Also, anything else you think can happen in the near future.

I don't think the writers would want to ruin XY by bringing back Iris. She was afterall, the most annoying companion Ash ever had.
I know it's a trend but I wouldn't like to see her again in XY. Instead, they could bring back Brock for a few episodes.

Lol, seeing these comments makes me believe that people didn't really enjoy BW that much. XD
Well I have nothing against Iris (except maybe that they should have just used Touko or Mei's characters in the first place :p) Nor with the entire Gen V, in fact Black and White and B2 W2 are my 3rd favorite game while RSE being my personal favorite. But if they still have the old habit of bringing up a previous companion and writing them off after leaving, then yeah, Iris still has a big chance of returning.

Well I still wouldn't bet on it. Even though I want Haruka to come back so badly and even with the ORAS coming out, that still doesn't mean a big chance for her. Especially that we still don't have any idea whether they would use the same main characters or replace them with new ones. But then again, they've already break many traditions in XY. And I kinda want her to play a little part in amour. Well, we'll see.

Last edited:

Inferno792

Food Wars
I think Iris could have been a good character, but the writers made a bad decision in her personality. If Rosa or Hilda became Ash' companion, it would be a lot similar to XY, which would be a good thing BTW.

But back to Amour, I'm not calling it SpaghettiShipping, EVER. The new episode is coming out Thursday, and we have seen two possible hint scenes in the photo and the 0_0. Now, I know we've talked about it, but let's have some last-minute predictions. Also, anything else you think can happen in the near future.

Having Hilda or Rosa in BW wouldn't have been the same as only XY. It would have been the same as AG and DP as well.
But it worked, dint it?
A beautiful female protagonist of the game joining Ash always works.

Lol, seeing these comments makes me believe that people didn't really enjoy BW that much. XD
Well I have nothing against Iris (except maybe that they should have just used Touko or Mei's characters in the first place :p) Nor with the entire Gen V, in fact Black and White and B2 W2 are my 3rd favorite game while RSE being my personal favorite. But if they still have the old habit of bringing up a previous companion and writing them off after leaving, then yeah, Iris still has a big chance of returning.

Well I still wouldn't bet on it. Even though I want Haruka to come back so badly and even with the ORAS coming out, that still doesn't mean a big chance for her. Especially that we haven't have any idea whether they would use the same main characters or replace them with new ones. But then again, they've already break many traditions in XY. And I kinda want her to play a little part in amour. Well, we'll see.

The games were different. If we talk about the anime, Iris was a real pain in the a*s. The BW and BW games were good, no doubt. One thing bad about the gen V games was that there were no recurring Pokemon from the earlier generations(if I am not mistaken).

Last edited:

I already have my idea for the photo and 0_____0 part. you can read it in few pages back. :p
As for further episodes, well I still cannot see an open opportunity for any hints since most revealed episodes focused on mega evolutions.
For now I'll try to look for any possibilities in the movie since there's that part where it's only Satoshi and Serena.
Also, here's a good question for you guys and gals:
Do you think Serena will have any important part in the movie coming out or if not there, in future movies? So far, only Haruka got an important role in Pokemon movies. Would be great if Serena does too.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Do you think Serena will have any important part in the movie coming out or if not there, in future movies? So far, only Haruka got an important role in Pokemon movies. Would be great if Serena does too.

I don't see Serena having a big role to play in this upcoming movie like May did in the Manaphy movie, from what info we have right now.

zhixun

I already have my idea for the photo and 0_____0 part. you can read it in few pages back. :p
As for further episodes, well I still cannot see an open opportunity for any hints since most revealed episodes focused on mega evolutions.
For now I'll try to look for any possibilities in the movie since there's that part where it's only Satoshi and Serena.

I do not expect Serena to have a big role in the future movies. But she can give bigger hints than in the anime in my opinion.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy

Unless they suddenly give Serena some serious CD in these next few episodes (and maybe another Pokemon), I don't see Serena (or the blond siblings) playing that huge of a role in the movie. Which kinda saddens me. :( So much potential wasted.

ANLProbe

How many episodes do you think the XY saga will have? Considering that the DP saga took 37 episodes just for Ash to win 2 badges, I think it will probably be in the 120-140 episodes mark. Hopefully a lot more considering that XY is much better than DP. Hopefully Serena at least stays on for at least one more region after Kalos.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
How many episodes do you think the XY saga will have? Considering that the DP saga took 37 episodes just for Ash to win 2 badges, I think it will probably be in the 120-140 episodes mark. Hopefully a lot more considering that XY is much better than DP. Hopefully Serena at least stays on for at least one more region after Kalos.

141 episodes is basically the length of BW, including the DA! arc. I hope for around 140 episodes for the main quest and 40-60 episodes for the secondary quest. That's approximately the length of AG, which I feel had a good length.

That would give us enough time for various AmourShipping episodes. :D

zhixun

The number of episodes depends on whether the group decides to travel Hoenn. If they do then I think it will be slightly longer than AG/ DP in terms of number of episodes. No matter how long or short for the series of XY, I would still like Serena to go with Satoshi for the next region.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
The number of episodes depends on whether the group decides to travel Hoenn. If they do then I think it will be slightly longer than AG/ DP in terms of number of episodes. No matter how long or short for the series of XY, I would still like Serena to go with Satoshi for the next region.

Thinking about, I don't see why Serena wouldn't continue traveling with Ash. She doesn't want to continue Rhyhorn racing, even if she doesn't hate it. Unless something comes up, she has no goals to separate her from Ash. That is the main difference between her and the previous companions. They all had something else to do.

ANLProbe

Thinking about, I don't see why Serena wouldn't continue traveling with Ash. She doesn't want to continue Rhyhorn racing, even if she doesn't hate it. Unless something comes up, she has no goals to separate her from Ash. That is the main difference between her and the previous companions. They all had something else to do.

Agreed. With Ruby and Sapphire being remade, I think it's very likely that she will stay for the Kalos league since X and Y are bound to have a remake which would probably come out at the end of next year, so I think that Ash and Serena and maybe Clemont and Bonnie will most likely go to Hoenn for a while and compete in something there.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
Agreed. With Ruby and Sapphire being remade, I think it's very likely that she will stay for the Kalos league since X and Y are bound to have a remake which would probably come out at the end of next year, so I think that Ash and Serena and maybe Clemont and Bonnie will most likely go to Hoenn for a while and compete in something there.

I don't honestly think they will go to Hoenn just because of the remakes. Ash and co. only went back to Kanto because of the Battle Frontier during AG. They didn't go back to Johto despite HGSS releasing. I have the feeling that whenever Pokemon Z comes out, that will provide a new thing to do, both for end game and after main Kalos quest in the anime.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

She'll have to go eventually in my opinion; it's like the law of the anime sadly. I personally hope that she gets some closure beforehand though. I'd be okay with her still liking Ash, but maybe she'd realize that he needs some time to complete his journey before he's ready for a relationship.

Unless they suddenly give Serena some serious CD in these next few episodes (and maybe another Pokemon), I don't see Serena (or the blond siblings) playing that huge of a role in the movie. Which kinda saddens me. :( So much potential wasted.
Nah, Serena doesn't need a serious character developement just to get a special role in the movies. Pokemon movies aren't much tied up with the main anime anyway. Like Haruka, she could probably have a special bond with the certain legendary in the movie. Maybe she could hatch the egg and it calls her "mama" and then it calls Satoshi its "papa". :p

141 episodes is basically the length of BW, including the DA! arc. I hope for around 140 episodes for the main quest and 40-60 episodes for the secondary quest. That's approximately the length of AG, which I feel had a good length.

That would give us enough time for various AmourShipping episodes. :D
I think it's going to be less than AG and DP. Right now, only Satoshi has a current goal that involves battling/competitions while Serena and the siblings are just there to tag along with him. The reason why it took Satoshi long enough to earn his badges is because Haruka and Hikari were competing in their contests. Unless Serena gets into some certain competitions as well like maybe in XY026 or if another contest suddenly pops out (and maybe Haruka comes back to join the contest) , XY would probably get a short run.

szmty

THIS CITY IS OURS!
Nah, Serena doesn't need a serious character developement just to get a special role in the movies. Pokemon movies aren't much tied up with the main anime anyway. Like Haruka, she could probably have a special bond with the certain legendary in the movie. Maybe she could hatch the egg and it calls her "mama" and then it calls Satoshi its "papa". :p

I think it's going to be less than AG and DP. Right now, only Satoshi has a current goal that involves battling/competitions while Serena and the siblings are just there to tag along with him. The reason why it took Satoshi long enough to earn his badges is because Haruka and Hikari were competing in their contests. Unless Serena gets into some certain competitions as well like maybe in XY026 or if another contest suddenly pops out (and maybe Haruka comes back to join the contest) , XY would probably get a short run.

The series' duration is also strongly related to the entire length of this generation. Generation V was quite short (aprox. 2 1/2 years), so it's understandable that BW was short in comparison to AG and DP which were made in long generations (each lasted around 4 years). This generation began less than a year ago, and I hope it lasts as long as Generation IV. The 3DS console looks like it will last as much as the DS did, so I think that this generation can easily be as long as the fourth was. However, it seems that we'll be getting new games more frequently, so maybe this generation could go faster, and also there's the possibility of having the seventh generation in the 3DS too, but I hope that won't be the case this time :|

GamefanPPG

Eureka's Fan
The XY series show to us a lot of diferences compared with the other seasons. Who knows, maybe we will see something we dont espect at all. Tho I wish Serena continue traveling with Ash to the next region.

ashsfuture

Well for Serena's own character she herself has shown she can do ok on her own sometimes, I mean there is something really special about her, by the bonds she has forged so far with Ash, Bonnie, and Clement. She has shown she can be a Big sister and also a mother figure towards Bonnie, with Ash with their past together during childhood, her feelings for him is something that has also changed her by his own words that motivated her for all these years, she is learning more about Ash, not just about the person she knows he is, but about what he will become as their journey progresses. As for Clement sure they may not interact much with one another, but she does learns a lot about pokemon from him. Now all of them together are like a family, but this journey for Serena started because of Ash and at the end of it Serena will have what she wants for herself.

I really hope Ash and Serena continue to travel together

Status
Not open for further replies.