• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
She'll have to go eventually in my opinion; it's like the law of the anime sadly. I personally hope that she gets some closure beforehand though. I'd be okay with her still liking Ash, but maybe she'd realize that he needs some time to complete his journey before he's ready for a relationship.

Perhaps, but once again everyone has left because they either had another goal or had another obligation to uphold. Serena has neither, so even if she has to leave, I don't expect it for a while. And I don't think she would leave Ash just because "needs some time to complete his journey before he's ready for a relationship." She can easily keep traveling with him until that point. Gives her the chance to both find something for herself while also getting close to Ash. Unless they pull a "I must travel alone to find myself" thing for Serena.

Well for Serena's own character she herself has shown she can do ok on her own sometimes, I mean there is something really special about her, by the bonds she has forged so far with Ash, Bonnie, and Clement. She has shown she can be a Big sister and also a mother figure towards Bonnie, with Ash with their past together during childhood, her feelings for him is something that has also changed her by his own words that motivated her for all these years, she is learning more about Ash, not just about the person she knows he is, but about what he will become as their journey progresses. As for Clement sure they may not interact much with one another, but she does learns a lot about pokemon from him. Now all of them together are like a family, but this journey for Serena started because of Ash and at the end of it Serena will have what she wants for herself.

I really hope Ash and Serena continue to travel together

Her character as a whole and her bondings with the group is great and all, don't get me wrong there. However, we are still dealing with Pokemon here so she needs a Pokemon related goal like being a casual trainer or a coordinator or anything that would involve competitions and stuff. As of now, probably the only thing that would make the XY series longer is the mega-evolution arc and Team Flare's arc.

On a brighter side, having no goals for Serena would give her a big chance of traveling with Satoshi on the next region. Personally, I'd like to see Satoshi, Serena and Shigeru go on a journey together, whether it's in the new region, Hoenn or back in Kanto. I don't care where as long as I see these three on a journey. It's like seeing Red, Leaf and Green traveling altogether. :p

I think you should be careful against Amourshipping in an Amourshipping thread.
Don't mean to offend you but I got an infraction when I posted about Amourshipping in Geekchicshipping thread.

You, you're one tough soldier. :p

Last edited:

PokeHero96

Well the episode comes out tomorrow!! We'll finally get to see what/who Serena was blushing at while looking at the picture, and why she freaked and turned round while still blushing. Plus we'll see why Ash was smiling awkwardly, while Serena's just looks shocked.

Graham Aker

Well the episode comes out tomorrow!! We'll finally get to see what/who Serena was blushing at while looking at the picture, and why she freaked and turned round while still blushing. Plus we'll see why Ash was smiling awkwardly, while Serena's just looks shocked.

Well there's only a few ways it can go. It can be good for the ship, bad for it, or pretty much neutral in the sense she wasn't looking at anyone in particular.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Well there's only a few ways it can go. It can be good for the ship, bad for it, or pretty much neutral in the sense she wasn't looking at anyone in particular.

I doubt it will be bad for the ship, the chances are that it's going to be good or neutral. I think that if the photo scene is just about how happy she is to be on a journey with friends, then the 0_0 scene won't be Amour related either.

zhixun

Her character as a whole and her bondings with the group is great and all, don't get me wrong there. However, we are still dealing with Pokemon here so she needs a Pokemon related goal like being a casual trainer or a coordinator or anything that would involve competitions and stuff. As of now, probably the only thing that would make the XY series longer is the mega-evolution arc and Team Flare's arc.

On a brighter side, having no goals for Serena would give her a big chance of traveling with Satoshi on the next region. Personally, I'd like to see Satoshi, Serena and Shigeru go on a journey together, whether it's in the new region, Hoenn or back in Kanto. I don't care where as long as I see these three on a journey. It's like seeing Red, Leaf and Green traveling altogether. :p

Before Satoshi and Serena go onto a next region, I would like to have the group back to Kanto first. This may recall the memories of Serena when she was a kid. I would like Shigeru join as well but I think he is now too busy for travelling as he is a researcher.

Graham Aker

I doubt it will be bad for the ship, the chances are that it's going to be good or neutral. I think that if the photo scene is just about how happy she is to be on a journey with friends, then the 0_0 scene won't be Amour related either.

I doubt the "0_0" scene is Amour related at all. It might be just Korrina doing something strange. If anything the photo thing is the only thing that really has any kind of chance of being ship-related. The latter that makes the former seem like something is the fact that she looks like she's shocked. Then again, someone might have said something about spelunking in caves.

The weird thing about the picture is that Ash, and Serena are so relaxed...while Clemont, Bonnie, and Korrina are doing goofy grins. That's still pretty curious.

Last edited:

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
The weird thing about the picture is that Ash, and Serena are so relaxed...while Clemont, Bonnie, and Korrina are doing goofy grins. That's still pretty curious.

I keep imagining that the other three are so happy and ecstatic because Ash and Serena have announced that they're dating, and they're trying to remain calm and sophisticated LOL.

Graham Aker

I keep imagining that the other three are so happy and ecstatic because Ash and Serena have announced that they're dating, and they're trying to remain calm and sophisticated LOL.

Heh, well. I mean she might be blushing because Korrina makes a playful comment about it looking like two couples and a child or something. Though really that all depends if there was actual reason to make Ash and Serena look different from the rest.

dracotorres

Personally, I think that Ash and Serena will continue on to Hoenn for the post-league arc, and meet Iris there, because she was last seen chasing Rayquaza...

Lol I doubt that would happen so soon in the series (as we haven't seen much from Ash on the hint front yet), but we can only hope...

Regardless, I know I'm not the only one who wants to know what Serena is blushing about in that shot- frankly, I can't see it being about anything else besides the fact that she and Ash are standing right next to each other in the photo.

Not to mention the shot where she's all wide-eyed- maybe Korrina (or someone else) said something about her and Ash and she was too stunned to blush? Could be different levels of surprise for all I know, because when Millefeui threatened to steal Ash from her if she didn't act on her feelings for him, she blushed harder than she ever had before, shocked that someone now knows about her crush.

Last edited:
I still kinda find it interesting that they added those scenes (the surprised look at the picture and the 0_0 face) in the trailer even though the episode is entirely about Lucario and mega-evolutions. Back in XY013, they also added the worried look on Serena's face even though it only got a few screen time and the focus of the entire episode was the kindergarten commotions (Not to mention that Serena was also the narrator for that trailer) and alas, a hint even if it's only given few screentime. The same with XY007 where the focus is more into Syhorn racing instead of the childhood flashback and of course the surprised look and deep blushing in XY026 even though the whole focus of the episode is the Pokepuff competitions. Will those scenes actually give hints as well? We'll see in tomorrow's episode. ;)

Last edited:

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
Personally, I think that Ash and Serena will continue on to Hoenn for the post-league arc, and meet Iris there, because she was last seen chasing Rayquaza...

But what would be in Hoenn that would drag Ash back to it? :/ That is my main thing with the "going back to Hoenn" idea. They have never returned to a region before just because of remakes, so I don't see why they would start now. Besides, the remakes will be out in Fall 2014, LONG before Kalos will be over. Though I will give you credit on the very plausible idea of them running into a Rayquaza chasing Iris if they did go into Hoenn. Or maybe running into her anyway, who says Rayquaza just has to be in Hoenn? Certainly wasn't when Iris saw him XP.

Lol I doubt that would happen so soon in the series (as we haven't seen much from Ash on the hint front yet), but we can only hope...

Regardless, I know I'm not the only one who wants to know what Serena is blushing about in that shot- frankly, I can't see it being about anything else besides the fact that she and Ash are standing right next to each other in the photo.

Not to mention the shot where she's all wide-eyed- maybe Korrina (or someone else) said something about her and Ash and she was too stunned to blush? Could be different levels of surprise for all I know, because when Millefeui threatened to steal Ash from her if she didn't act on her feelings for him, she blushed harder than she ever had before, shocked that someone now knows about her crush.

Perhaps she was. I want to know so badly what she said that would make Ash smile so awkwardly AND Serena have that blank of a stare. Though considering this is Pokemon, I have the gut feeling that Korrina is mainly getting scolded or something by her Grandfather in such a weird way that everyone else is like "What just happened?"

Sephora

yes I'm back
I doubt the "0_0" scene is Amour related at all. It might be just Korrina doing something strange. If anything the photo thing is the only thing that really has any kind of chance of being ship-related. The latter that makes the former seem like something is the fact that she looks like she's shocked. Then again, someone might have said something about spelunking in caves.

I agree. I think only the picture scene is AmourShipping related, and I doubt that Serena's surprised face has anything to do with it. I mean she would be blushing if it were of course!

Yeah, I noticed that too. I don't wanna jump to any conclusions so I guess only time will tell...

zhixun

But what would be in Hoenn that would drag Ash back to it? :/ That is my main thing with the "going back to Hoenn" idea. They have never returned to a region before just because of remakes, so I don't see why they would start now. Besides, the remakes will be out in Fall 2014, LONG before Kalos will be over. Though I will give you credit on the very plausible idea of them running into a Rayquaza chasing Iris if they did go into Hoenn. Or maybe running into her anyway, who says Rayquaza just has to be in Hoenn? Certainly wasn't when Iris saw him XP.

This can be the first time for them to go to other region in the middle of the series. I think by November they would have finished the gym battle with Citron. So they can stop the journey in Kalos for a while and spend some time in Hoenn. Hopefully a Hoenn arc for about 10 episodes then go back. Which is not very many episodes considering there are more than 120 episodes in XY saga.

Graham Aker

She's standing next to Clemont too, I don't think she's THAT much closer to Ash than she is to him. She's actually behind Ash I think.

As I said, it can't be that many things, either she's blushing and caught off guard because of something with Ash, something with Clemont, or because of how they look in the picture, i.e Clemont, Bonnie, and Korrina look like a pair because of their faces...while Ash and Serena are pretty chill.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back

As nice as that sounds, why would Ash go back to Hoenn? He already defeated the gym leaders, frontier brains, and participated in the league...

As I said, it can't be that many things, either she's blushing and caught off guard because of something with Ash, something with Clemont, or because of how they look in the picture, i.e Clemont, Bonnie, and Korrina look like a pair because of their faces...while Ash and Serena are pretty chill.

Why would she blush with something to do with Clemont? She has a crush on Ash, not Clemont lol you sure bring up Clemont a lot, huh? :p

She's standing next to Clemont too, I don't think she's THAT much closer to Ash than she is to him. She's actually behind Ash I think.

I think she actually is closer to Ash than Clemont in the picture, but either way we'll find out for sure tomorrow so I'm not inclined to turn this into a massive debate.

Graham Aker

Why would she blush with something to do with Clemont? She has a crush on Ash, not Clemont lol you sure bring up Clemont a lot, huh? :p

Hey now, I'm just exploring all the options (like I always do). It's something to consider, since I doubt she's blushing over girls. In all seriousness, I have a feeling it's something to do with how they look in the picture, or how they are paired. Korrina, Bonnie, and Clemont look nice together...as do Ash and Serena. Give their different faces and such. It seems odd to me that they wouldn't all be doing that face.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
I think she actually is closer to Ash than Clemont in the picture, but either way we'll find out for sure tomorrow so I'm not inclined to turn this into a massive debate.

She's closer to Ash by a tad bit, but I don't think it makes a difference to be honest. I don't think Serena is blushing at their proximity, but rather something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.