• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhixun

Although I still hope the two scenes are Amour related, I just thought of another scenario for the photo scene, which will be at the end of the episode, with the photo being taken about 3/4 of the way through. Serena is blushing because she's going to give the photo to Korrina at the end of her arc, as a memento of their journey, and then she quickly hides it when Korrina asks her what she has. I've noticed that she occasionally blushes when she is generous to someone.

Something between Korrina and Serena? One thing comes to mind, probably shouldn't say it. Maybe it's another love rival scenario, but one, Korrina seems like a dense character, and two, we don't need another, it'll just get repetitive.

I agree that Corni is dense but if there is something between Corni and Serena then it has to be a love rival scenario in my opinion. Otherwise I can not find an alternative way for the two to interact.

That's interesting... if what you said is true, I think there are 3 main possibilities:
1) They create a bond between each other
2) They create a conflict between them
3) Korrina finds out something about serena (probably amourshipping related)

The first two is unlikely to happen in my opinion. Because I am not sure how to start a bond/ conflict from nothing especially Corni is a dense character.

Graham Aker

False alarm, whoever translated it didn't know what they were talking about. It's just some stuff about not forgetting the girls can be cute with all the battling going on this episode. My bad.

Last edited:

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
I think we've almost sucked up all the possibilities that the photo, blushing and smiling could give. :p

Hmm... well not everything.

I guess it's my time to step in!
The future is now, thanks to speculations!
SONICHEROESFANONE-IC GEAR ON!

*ok pathetic jokes aside...*

About the photo blush: Maybe it's something as deep and complicated as just the fact of being there, next to him, and sharing the same natural smile, or maybe something as simple as the fact that Ash is there. Think about it. She holds the photo, looks around her cautiously and starts watching it. She focuses specifically on Ash... and well, blushes.

And MAYBE (not very possible) then we could get a close up on Ash's face (on the photo) and suddenly, a Summer camp flashback to where all the kids there take a group photo, entering the very same flashback with a close up on little Ash's smiling face. Maybe that could explain what happened next, like, maybe she was talking to ... SHAUNA! Yes... Shauna, her best friend as little girls and told her what happened when she got lost in the forest as an inception (flashback inside a flashback) and after that... well I got nothing. So let's say that explained what happened next, ... then the flashback ends and we're back to the present with Serena blushing looking at the photo. Now you know what happens, Korrina (I guess) calls her and she turns around surprised, while blushing.

You know you guys want that ;)

About the 0_0 face: I know that the last one was just a joke, so, after thinking a lot, I'll say mine now.
My guess is that Ash did something bad/wrong that has to do with Serena, and Korrina tells that to Serena. Think about it. That would explain Korrina's "Oh!" face, followed by a "By the way, Serena, Ash did ....." and would explain why Serena is shocked, BUT not blushing, and why Ash is nervous and sweat dropping, and it would possibly end up in Serena being mad at Ash, and yelling at him or something. Now, you guys have all speculated the best possible reactions, and while mine's the "bad ending" one, the sad thing is that, aside from the pregnancy joke, there's no other context in which their faces could fit perfectly. :(

Ash.mx

False alarm, whoever translated it didn't know what they were talking about. It's just some stuff about not forgetting the girls can be cute with all the battling going on this episode. My bad.

As I said a few pages back, , I thought there could be a little subplot going on for Serena in the next episode judging by the preview, and Omode tweet kind of confirm it now, wheter it relates to Amour or not we'll find out soon... I just hope it isn't as bad as it sounds...

Last edited:

Articfreezer

Clueless Kid
Here's my guess:

The episode starts out easygoing. The group spends some time interacting with each other, Ash is interested in Korrina's gym leader lifestyle because he's Ash, and they talk about that for maybe a few seconds.

In the midst of that, they run into a bunch of stores or something and check out the stones and stuff (seen in the preview). They also watch the guy evolving his Pokemon with a stone and Korrina explains the differences between evolving and mega-evolving. The group takes a photo and took turn looking at it, or maybe they each get a copy. Serena happens to be looking at it and then something unexpected happens, Korrina or Officer Jenny or really anyone comes and announces something like "There's a disturbance in the caves." (I'm guessing Team Rocket is responsible for this). This causes Serena to look up in shock. I'm guessing the others did too, but they only chose Serena to show for the preview.

In the picture scene she didn't look embarrassed or flustered, to me she just looked surprised and concerned.

As for the 0_0 face and Ash's sheepish reaction, The scene the preview showed before it is not necessarily the one that is before it in the actual episode. And if you're asking me, I'd guess they're not. So I don't think they are reacting to anything Korrina said.

Mu guesses for the face are:
1. They are reacting because Korrina impulsively rushed off in an excitement and Ash became sheepish because it's kinda his thing to rush off while Serena was in awe of Korrina's personality.
2. Lucario just punched through something and Serena was impressed by it's strength while Ash made a nervous remark about that punch's power (since he's facing her as a gym leader)
3.Bonnie saw a pretty girl at wherever they are and asked her to marry her brother.

And the tweet...well if we're going by the most recent translation of girls looking cute when their battling it could just a statement that he is pleased with how the animation turned out.

So in my version of events, they are unfortunately both not amourshipping events, but I didn't really expect any hints for the duration of Korrina's arc. I personally think it will be more focused on mega-evolution.

Then again based on the new opening, Korrina's arc maybe longer then I thought. Or she might become a constant recurring character. Or maybe for the first time in history she'll become part of the group permanently and Ash will travel with 4 friends?!! Nah, that's unthinkable.

That's not to say that there's not going to be any hints at all. I think they might throw one at the end if Ash connects too much with Korrina or does something heroic as he's prone to doing. Or I might be wrong and one of the previous explanations for these scene might occur. We'll just have to wait for the episodes to come out. Also..

I just hope it isn't as bad as it sounds...[/S][/SIZE]

What sounds bad?

Last edited:

Thegreatjman

I just got an idea for the scene:
What if Korrina was asking Ash about his aura abilities? (I don't know, it's a long shot, but it's something.)

Inferno792

Food Wars
And why not. During AG series Ash went back to Kanto. Gym leaders and league were already challenged. And suprise. We had a Battle Frontier.
After the Kalos league Ash can learn (I hope from May) that there is some kind of competition in Hoenn that Ash may like (something a'la Battle Frontier 2.0) which didn't exist during his journey through Hoenn

Ash goes back to Kanto after every League. LOL

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just got an idea for the �� �� scene:
What if Korrina was asking Ash about his aura abilities? (I don't know, it's a long shot, but it's something.)

I don't see how that would give us an AmourShipping hint though. Granted, we've gotten several lately so it's not like we're in desperate need of one in the next episode, but there are several opportunities for something between Ash and Serena to happen in the upcoming story arc imo.

Jrzfine

Dennis the Menace
As for the 0_0 face and Ash's sheepish reaction, The scene the preview showed before it is not necessarily the one that is before it in the actual episode. And if you're asking me, I'd guess they're not. So I don't think they are reacting to anything Korrina said.

True, they don't necessarily come in order. Something that I noticed, however, is that both the photo and 0_0 scene both have the same background, which was present last episode during Korrina's battle with Team Rocket. More specifically, grey rocks with moss atop them. As we see Team Rocket fleeing the cave where the Lucario v Blaziken occurs, it seems reasonable that the 2nd half of the episode happens in the cave. So both hints occured in the same half of the episode. Also, prior to XY031, Korrina has barely interacted with Serena at all. I find it extremely puzzling that Korrina could say something to make Serena's face go blank if it wasn't related to the picture incident, which could feasibly bring about awkward comments from Korrina if she was the one who caught Serena.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Ash goes back HOME after every league. But during Battle Frontier arc. he traveled through Kanto once more. And he might do the same through Hoenn despite travelling through it once.

He might.
But there's no reason to.
Because the only reason Ash would go back to Hoenn would be for ORAS promotion, but after the Kalos League, it will be too late for the promotion, so the writers don't have any reason to make Ash travel through Hoenn again.

--VIRGO--

He might.
Because the only reason Ash would go back to Hoenn would be for ORAS promotion, but after the Kalos League, it will be too late for the promotion, so the writers don't have any reason to make Ash travel through Hoenn again.

No reason NOW. During some kind of another version of Pokemon placed in Kalos (havent introduced yet) we might have introduced some kind of competiiton like BF in Pokemon Emerald. But in Anime instead placing it in Kalos writers might place it in Hoenn. And don't tell there's no reason to travel to Hoenn. Because when it will be needed, writers will make one.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
No reason NOW. During some kind of another version of Pokemon placed in Kalos (havent introduced yet) we might have introduced some kind of competiiton like BF in Pokemon Emerald. But in Anime instead placing it in Kalos writers might place it in Hoenn. And don't tell there's no reason to travel to Hoenn. Because when it will be needed, writers will make one.

He might.

Ash goes back HOME after every league. But during Battle Frontier arc. he traveled through Kanto once more. And he might do the same through Hoenn despite travelling through it once.

Isn't this an Amourshipping thread? This debate should be on another thread, like the XY Speculation thread.

Do you have a link for episode 30 dubbed as I all of them that I've looked at don't have English subtitles.

Can't post links on here mate, sorry. There aren't any subbed versions for XY029 or XY030 yet anyway. They're getting later and later for some reason.

Back to Amour, the new episode is coming out tomorrow, and if we know XY, it could possibly be unpredictable. All we have to do is wait for those scenes, could be something no one thought of, instead of the writers.

Jrzfine

Dennis the Menace
Do you have a link for episode 30 dubbed as I all of them that I've looked at don't have English subtitles.

1. Make sure to read the forum rules. It is forbidden to share links to Pokemon episodes.
2. Pokemon XY030 as far as I know has yet to be subbed. The leading authority on the subs (PocketmonstersFansubs) were busy last week, most likely due to exams, and was only able to push out a sub for XY28 last Thursday. Wait a day or two, then check their website. Use Google, but don't ask for a link. Sorry! (I know the rules kinda stupid, but it is what it is).

If you were looking for Amourshipping hints, there were none in XY30.

Last edited:
When the cameraman said get closer to each other, you can see Serena slide closer to Satoshi while the others did not move. Some will not consider it a hint but it still cute for me.
And as for the blushing scene while looking at the picture, it was Satoshi who called her.

Last edited:
[IMG300]https://24.media.tumblr.com/14fd4c1a1ab1e9254324308cea242691/tumblr_n6oxmng1161qzrykgo1_500.jpg[/IMG300]

Hehe! Pikajue on Tumblr posted this~

Status
Not open for further replies.