• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhixun

That is my main issue with how there are so many hints from Serena, but after the beginning of XY, she doesn't make that much of an effort to try to get Ash to notice her feelings, though that can be understandable of her either trying to understand her own feelings (doubtful since she seems, especially after XY 31, to be perfectly aware of her feelings) or just trying to get comfortable around Ash. I hope that she actually takes steps to get closer to Ash and hint towards him that she likes him instead of these little things we can only see.

I think the problem for Serena not to make that much effort is because Satoshi is still quite oblivious. And she may risk the relationship if she make it explicit. But this problem will be solved if Satoshi being less oblivious if possible later in the series.

ANLProbe

I hope that there will be an episode where Ash and Serena are alone for a while and then they can truly bond and reminisce, as I'm sure that a lot more happened at the camp where Serena strengthened her feelings for Ash. May be an episode where Bonnie and Clemont get split apart from Ash and Serena due to team rocket for a couple of episodes?

chalkus

It will probably payoff. Otherwise, we might not get gen VII anime.

I think that's a bit extreme. As long as there is a gen 7 game, there will be another season.

What I suspect will happen is that they will give us hints galore up until the last episode when they have to go their separate ways. Then Serena will either confess, or more likely, will make suggestions as to how she feels, which Ash will incorrnctly interpret and it will end on the most oblivious note ever.

Graham Aker

I hope that there will be an episode where Ash and Serena are alone for a while and then they can truly bond and reminisce, as I'm sure that a lot more happened at the camp where Serena strengthened her feelings for Ash. May be an episode where Bonnie and Clemont get split apart from Ash and Serena due to team rocket for a couple of episodes?

Well, there is a episode coming up when everyone get's separated in the Korrina arc. Though, it's not know what the pairs are going to be. Ash paired with Serena almost seems too easy, same with Ash and Korrina (but more likely given the whole gym leader battle).

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Not really sure about the photo, but I expect the hankerchief is bound to make a come back at some point in the future.

Eh, that was more Misty's goodbye quirk. Having the same thing happen but with Serena would seem unoriginal.

Misty had the handkerchief, May had the ribbon, Dawn's goodbye had Pikachu and Piplup brother love, and Iris......eh, got nothing there. Let Serena have the picture to stand out from the others.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
You all might know me as Pokeshipper9000, but not anymore.
I've opened up to more shipping.
And now...I did not know this day would ever come, but
I kinda ship Ash and Serena, but mostly on Serena's side.
I think it's a cute ship :D

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
You all might know me as Pokeshipper9000, but not anymore.
I've opened up to more shipping.
And now...I did not know this day would ever come, but
I kinda ship Ash and Serena, but mostly on Serena's side.
I think it's a cute ship :D

Welcome aboard! There is always room for this ship.

And I agree, it's really cute! :D

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
What I really want to see is more interactions between Ash and Serena alone, without the rest of the group being there. If we get more scenes like that, then their interactions would start feeling more intimate between the two.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
Eh, that was more Misty's goodbye quirk. Having the same thing happen but with Serena would seem unoriginal.

Misty had the handkerchief, May had the ribbon, Dawn's goodbye had Pikachu and Piplup brother love, and Iris......eh, got nothing there. Let Serena have the picture to stand out from the others.

Maybe that was why Korrina's picture was burned up? Once I saw that, I thought to myself "....They are over-dramatizing the burning of a picture they just got TEN MINUTES AGO!" Be funny if somehow everyone but Ash and Serena's pictures were destroyed in some fashion, or if Serena's picture was destroyed except the part with her and Ash.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I think I'm more of shipping it on Serena's side, but I wish she could tell Ash how she feels. It would be nice to see how he would react. But I'm pretty sure that'll happen.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I think I'm more of shipping it on Serena's side, but I wish she could tell Ash how she feels. It would be nice to see how he would react. But I'm pretty sure that'll happen.

Welcome aboard the S.S Amour!

I feel the same way. But it's logical for Serena to not tell just yet. I mean, she's got a great thing going with Ash, traveling together, so she thinks if she tells, then Ash would act differently. I'd act the same way if I were in her place.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
But what good are hints without a payoff? It would be a waste if at the end they part ways and she either doesn't tell him how she feels or he rejects her. At least Best Wishes made it clear nothing was going to happen.

I've already been through this scenario with various other ships and while it was disappointing, I moved on. Shipping Ash and Serena is still fun even if nothing ends up happening in my opinion. The journey is what matters most to me, not so much the destination.

zhixun

How would you feel if the writers dismissed Amourshipping at the end of Pokemon XY?

I will be very disappointed if the writers decides to do this. It is hard to have a canon shipping for Satoshi with main characters so better to not to dismiss it.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
How would you feel if the writers dismissed Amourshipping at the end of Pokemon XY?

I'll simply move on and maybe write a fanfic about a potential sequel. I greatly doubt that I would support any other Ash x Girl shipping.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing

Kinda make me want to question why they decided to develop Serena in this way then. Could have developed her in many other ways with any goal, etc. So then why go with this approach that's really opening a can of worms?

Graham Aker

What I really want to see is more interactions between Ash and Serena alone, without the rest of the group being there. If we get more scenes like that, then their interactions would start feeling more intimate between the two.

As said, there's a small possibility of that happening in XY033 with the group getting separated. However, I'm more inclined to believe that Ash and Serena away from each other during this. If Ash is going to be with any girl this episode, it probably be Korrina just because he will be battling her in the future and the fact that they like talking about bonds and stuff with Pokemon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
but I wish she could tell Ash how she feels.

Apparently she's too shy to tell him; she may be afraid of rejection, which I could sympathize with. But like Millefeui told Serena a few episodes ago; she needs to make a move for Ash's affection soon or someone else will.

Status
Not open for further replies.