• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Apparently she's too shy to tell him; she may be afraid of rejection, which I could sympathize with. But like Millefeui told Serena a few episodes ago; she needs to make a move for Ash's affection soon or someone else will.

That's indicating that there may be something done, and Serena will actually ask Ash out. I wonder how it will be like. I think it's likely to happen now that Millefeul said this.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
That's indicating that there may be something done, and Serena will actually ask Ash out. I wonder how it will be like. I think it's likely to happen now that Millefeul said this.

It's really too soon to make a bold move like that. By doing that, Serena is spilling her heart out to Ash. And knowing Ash he'd have no idea what she's saying, sad but true.

Sephora

yes I'm back
What I really want to see is more interactions between Ash and Serena alone, without the rest of the group being there. If we get more scenes like that, then their interactions would start feeling more intimate between the two.

Yeah for sure. I want that to happen, too, because like you said, we'd get more close interactions between the two. Hopefully there is a split in the group between Ash & Serena and Clemont & Bonnie even for a moment in the future. It seems like something of that nature might happen in the movie, but you never know with the preview - it could be misleading. Plus I'd rather it happens in an episode since they'd be too busy dealing with "the end of the world" in the movie for any decent interactions imo.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
It's really too soon to make a bold move like that. By doing that, Serena is spilling her heart out to Ash. And knowing Ash he'd have no idea what she's saying, sad but true.

Well, I mean, not so quick, but like at the end of XY. But i think it's going out pretty well, only 30 episodes and there are many hints, or it might because XY has fast pacing, who knows xD

Ash.mx

Eh, that was more Misty's goodbye quirk. Having the same thing happen but with Serena would seem unoriginal.

Misty had the handkerchief, May had the ribbon, Dawn's goodbye had Pikachu and Piplup brother love, and Iris......eh, got nothing there. Let Serena have the picture to stand out from the others.

I never said that, I just think the handkerchief might be brought up later on the series and explained how I'd like it to be if they did. But talking about goodbye quirks, the handkerchief holds significance for this shipping now, so it's more likely to end up being used for that than a random photo taken this early in the series. I guess it'd have been different if the photo wasn't a group shot (that includes a temporary member) wich everyone in it got a copy for themselves, so aside from Serena standing closer to Ash, it shouldn't have much relevance for this shipping. Better make it something only Ash and Serena share, like they did with past female companions.

What I really want to see is more interactions between Ash and Serena alone, without the rest of the group being there. If we get more scenes like that, then their interactions would start feeling more intimate between the two.

That's why I was looking forward to the sunken ship episode; I don't think anything of relevance happened there, but I wanted to see them both interact away from Clemont and Bonnie for once, since that might have provided more clues to know where their friendship was standing at that point.

Last edited:

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
Finished watching XY31. Would it be fair to say that today's hint is the one of the strongest, if not the strongest so far? I mean, she clearly moved closer to Ash on purpose and then was blushing at the picture :D

I'm really liking how the writers are handling the crush so far. It's only 31 episodes in out of 200~ (this series is looking like AG/DP pace) and it's basically canon on Serena's side. There is plently of time for Ash to have his own hints.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Finished watching XY31. Would it be fair to say that today's hint is the one of the strongest, if not the strongest so far? I mean, she clearly moved closer to Ash on purpose and then was blushing at the picture :D

I wouldn't say it was the strongest, it just shows Serena likes being close to him and the idea of them being together/around each other (hence why she always gets bothered by potential "threats"). I'd say the "strongest" evidence was in XY026, with the whole Millefeui thing.

zhixun

I'm really liking how the writers are handling the crush so far. It's only 31 episodes in out of 200~ (this series is looking like AG/DP pace) and it's basically canon on Serena's side. There is plently of time for Ash to have his own hints.

The hint was not small but certainly not the strongest. Biggest hints were XY007 and XY026 in my opinion.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I wouldn't say it was the strongest, it just shows Serena likes being close to him and the idea of them being together (hence why she always gets bothered by potential "threats"). I'd say the "strongest" evidence was in XY026, with the whole Millefeui thing.

That was the hint that got me into Amourshipping tbh. I think that one picture can change one's mind!! xD

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master

Sephora

yes I'm back

While I agree with others on it not being the strongest hint, I admit that it is a pretty solid hint in itself.
I just love seeing hints from Serena, but I would love to see some from Ash soon.

Jrzfine

Dennis the Menace
As said, there's a small possibility of that happening in XY033 with the group getting separated. However, I'm more inclined to believe that Ash and Serena away from each other during this. If Ash is going to be with any girl this episode, it probably be Korrina just because he will be battling her in the future and the fact that they like talking about bonds and stuff with Pokemon.

Normally I'd agree, but the writers have shown (most notably XY31) that they will go out of their way to set up an Amourshipping moment. It seems plausible that the writers would pair Satoshi and Serena together, if for no other reason than to further promote Amourshipping. (Plus her crush is practically the only thing Serena has going for her in terms of her overall character. She has no goal, 1 Pokemon, no clear skills other than casual baking and Sihorn racing, which she has no intrest in pursuing, even after XY007. Pairing her with Ash would give her something meaningful to do for that episode.But that's a discussion for a different forum :p)

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
^ We are not going to get hints from Ash until much later. I'm interested to see why he would like Serena when it happens. Maybe he will like her kindness and the fact that she is the only character who doesn't call him such a kid all the time.

Jrzfine

Dennis the Menace
^ We are not going to get hints from Ash until much later. I'm interested to see why he would like Serena when it happens. Maybe he will like her kindness and the fact that she is the only character who doesn't call him such a kid all the time.

Who said anything about Ash giving hints? If anything it'll be more one-sided hints from Serena. We probably wont see Ash hints untill after some special episode or movie in which Ash starts to view Serena as a love interest. (If such a thing is even possible for Ash...lol)

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy

Who said anything about Ash giving hints? If anything it'll be more one-sided hints from Serena. We probably wont see Ash hints untill after some special episode or movie in which Ash starts to view Serena as a love interest. (If such a thing is even possible for Ash...lol)

Ash? Hints? We haven't gotten any obvious hints from Ash since the OS at Poketech. I don't see Ash showing any hints until Serena gets some good ol' Character Development. :/ Kinda sad that Serena isn't like her in-game counter-part at all. Loved IG Serena, always made me feel bad when I beat her.

Graham Aker

Normally I'd agree, but the writers have shown (most notably XY31) that they will go out of their way to set up an Amourshipping moment. It seems plausible that the writers would pair Satoshi and Serena together, if for no other reason than to further promote Amourshipping.

It's definitely possible, but technically Ash and Serena have been separated from the group before...once in XY024 (which we never saw), and briefly in XY020. The writers might just want to change it up a little. Ash/Korrina being paired up seems like the easiest route given their similarities and the fact they've bonded with each other the most out of everyone in the group. Unless of course they want to do Korrina/Serena to give the latter some inspiration.

Last edited:

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
Agreed, today's hint made me stand back and say "wow, the writers are really serious about this." I've been an AmourShipper since the beginning too.

My thoughts exactly when I first saw that scene.

ashsfuture

in the x and y games you can take pictures at certain areas right? So the idea of Ash and Serena taking a picture together(just the two of them)is possible, as for Ash showing hints we got a few, but really won't see any progress from him until Serena opens up a little since the big hint in episode 26. It is amazing how serious the writers are about this whole shipping!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.