• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the roadblock is Ash views all his female companions the same way. If anyone in-show ever asked Ash which female friend he liked best, I bet he wouldn't be able to say or would say something like, "I like them all equally."

Ash isn't the type of person to show preference especially romantically for a female.

So I think the "last minute strategy" Serena would use in order to make Satoshi show preferences to her, is to make a big sacrifice or make something that leaves a very strong and unerasable impression on Satoshi: Generally, overly dense, "widowed" or uninterested in love shounen characters (with the exception of certain Saiya-jin) are paired up with the woman who does nothing or doesn't stand for herself in the series, but she makes something very important to the main shonen lead that makes him to notice her.

Some examples in anime/toku media in spoilers

For example: In that Choujin Sentai Jetman tokusatsu series there was White Swan/Kaori who stayed with Red Hawk/Ryuu after Radiguet's defeat and make him forget about Rie's loss to the point they were married in the 3-years timeskip ending (well, the white ranger had a crush... ahem: she was in love with him despite red hawk didn't reciprocate her feelings cuz that Rie thing until the 3 years-timeskip in the final chapter. There was in the middle that G-2 Joe Asakura ripoff Black Condor/Gai who lusted after White Swan, got into arguments and fistfights with Red Hawk because of that love triangle thing and eventually they were dating until near to ending cuz they were very different). And in Inazuma Eleven 1st series, the main chara (Endou Mamoru) was a total dense (insert bad words here) who was unaware of Aki, Natsumi and Fuyuka's feelings towards him. However the "oujosama" (Natsumi) discovered Endou's grandpa was alive (he believed his ojiichan was dead) and he was thankful of her for that thing (they appear married at IE GO ep. 18). There are more examples in other "aimed at children" animes and tokusatsus.

Last edited:

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
I think the roadblock is Ash views all his female companions the same way. If anyone in-show ever asked Ash which female friend he liked best, I bet he wouldn't be able to say or would say something like, "I like them all equally."

Ash isn't the type of person to show preference especially romantically for a female.

Which is exactly how a Chaste Hero behaves, lol. He's honestly not aware of other girls liking him in a more than friends way, so nothing to take advantage of there. He looks to be aware of the topic, but likely just not interested in that kind of stuff at this time, which is reasonable. So unless there's some sort of analysis into how he would even benefit from being in a relationship, he's not going to go too much into that stuff. Or if his mom starts pestering him on this topic, but that ain't happening anytime soon either.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The only thing I hope... that if there was reciprocation, that wouldn't be rushed like the majority Shonen-lead/Shoujo-lead characters.

Well development in the anime works at a snail's pace already (and sometimes it goes backwards in the form of regression), so that shouldn't be a problem tbf. Serena shouldn't have to give all the shipping hints though. Ash needs to be more proactive in terms of his awareness of Serena, even just a little imo.

ashsfuture

Ash's personality towards Serena is that he's kind, caring, and shows a lot of concern for her, in other words he's being more like a gentlemen towards her, and at times Ash acts shy/nervous around her which is a side of Ash's character we've never really seen before. Serena personality towards Ash is the same. Now Serena's feelings for Ash is something special due to the fact that she's remembered Ash after all these years,kept his handkerchief,and is fully aware of how she feels about Ash. Now as for Ash showing more hints it's bound to happen, but step by step(IMO:Ash likes Serena, but is not aware of it), but more hints would come from Ash once Serena tries to open up to him a little bit. Still the history between them is very special.

Last edited:

SimplyMatt

Ash's personality towards Serena is that he's kind, caring, and shows a lot of concern for her, in other words he's being more like a gentlemen towards her, and at times Ash acts shy/nervous around her which is a side of Ash's character we've never really seen before. Serena personality towards Ash is the same. Now Serena's feelings for Ash is something special due to the fact that she's remembered Ash after all these years,kept his handkerchief,and is fully aware of how she feels about Ash. Now as for Ash showing more hints it's bound to happen, but step by step(IMO:Ash likes Serena, but is not aware of it), but more hints would come from Ash once Serena tries to open to him a little bit. Still the history between them is very special.

Okay say Ash does like Serena, where do you go from there? There isn't really much Ash really would probably be more concerned to win the League and i'm not sure if Serena would take to that well. But if they do like each other and they both admit to it and then Gen 7 rolles up then what do they do? Would Ash ask Serena to keep traveling with him again like he did already in X and Y, or would he tell her that he is going to go to Gen 7 land and he would tell her to visit him often, but aside from that I don't think much would happen to these two if they both tell each other their feelings. But it would be pretty awesome if Serena kept traveling with Ash to new Generations.

ashsfuture

Okay say Ash does like Serena, where do you go from there? There isn't really much Ash really would probably be more concerned to win the League and i'm not sure if Serena would take to that well. But if they do like each other and they both admit to it and then Gen 7 rolles up then what do they do? Would Ash ask Serena to keep traveling with him again like he did already in X and Y, or would he tell her that he is going to go to Gen 7 land and he would tell her to visit him often, but aside from that I don't think much would happen to these two if they both tell each other their feelings. But it would be pretty awesome if Serena kept traveling with Ash to new Generations.
Yes it would be nice to see Serena traveling with Ash to other regions, also that is a good question where would lets say Ash and Serena's journey go from here if Ash developed feelings for Serena and Serena confesses to Ash about her feelings? and I could see Ash asking Serena to come back to kanto with him.

AshKetchup64

TEH PHIR3
Well, we have some possible results for that:
A) They travel together to the next region as always, but together.
B) Ash decides to go to the next region, but something happens and Serena can't go, so they do voice calls or they visit each other sometimes at the end of a region journey to have some moments.
C) Ash or Serena decide that it isn't the right time to do that, then they keep contact and marry when they are older.
There are more, but the most possible one is C), I think, to have something better than Contestshipping and to keep Ash as the main character.

thiagomestres

Or maybe Serena's family will move to Kanto. It's kinda hard to believe, but hey we are talking about Pokemon. They could make some excuse like her mother is going to work there teaching about rhyhorn races. Then they could travel together. I think that would be the best option.

Last edited:

Lorde

Or maybe Serena's family will move to Kanto. It's kinda hard to believe, but hey we are talking about Pokemon. They could make some excuse like her mother is going to work as a rhyhorn racer teacher there. Then they could travel together.

How would Serena's mother living in Kanto change Serena's fate though? I mean if for some reason Serena travels with Ash longer, I fail to understand why her mom would need to move to Kanto while Serena and Ash would be in some far off region the whole time. I personally believe that AmourShipping all comes down to Ash and Serena, not their parents.

AshKetchup64

TEH PHIR3
Yeah, it all comes down to Ash now lol.
I think that even Delia would do something to help the ship, but not Grace, just my opinion.
I wonder if the Summer Camp Arc will bring more flashbacks, because I will miss Korrina and this needs to be worth it.
Oh, and what about the movie? Did it have something shippy?
Sorry, but I didn't post here for lots of time, so I didn't see the previous posts :( .

How would Serena's mother living in Kanto change Serena's fate though? I mean if for some reason Serena travels with Ash longer, I fail to understand why her mom would need to move to Kanto while Serena and Ash would be in some far off region the whole time. I personally believe that AmourShipping all comes down to Ash and Serena, not their parents.

Or maybe the opposite. Hanako would move to Kalos because more economic stability and Ookido Hakase transfer Satoshi's Pokemon to Platane's lab.

However, I think Serena is gonna be Hanako's replacement. If She stays with only Fokko, goal-less and with the same attitude from ep. 5, it's obviously because she's gonna be Satoshi okaasan's replacement. Sounds totally farfetch'd, but if writers and anime staff decide to go with a timeskip, that would be totally possible.

SimplyMatt

Or maybe the opposite. Hanako would move to Kalos because more economic stability and Ookido Hakase transfer Satoshi's Pokemon to Platane's lab.

However, I think Serena is gonna be Hanako's replacement. If She stays with only Fokko, goal-less and with the same attitude from ep. 5, it's obviously because she's gonna be Satoshi okaasan's replacement. Sounds totally farfetch'd, but if writers and anime staff decide to go with a timeskip, that would be totally possible.

Ha I see wat u did there 0.0 but yea I think that would be a great idea! At this point the writers have had too much of a build up from Ash and Serena and STILL more to come, it would be very disappointing if they wasted their opportunity that THEY have created.

Last edited:

Lorde

My point was that Grace or Delia's locations are irrelevant to Ash and Serena's relationship (AmourShipping) since they're gonna be traveling together far away from their parents anyway in the "Serena sticks with Ash in the next saga" scenario. Again, I don't see why their parents would have an effect on their lives, especially since as trainers, Ash and Serena are practically adults.

Sooo, I don't want to break up this conversation buuuut.... Do you guys know of any good Amourshipping fics? Any standout ones? Is there a topic or forum dedicated to this?

Also, were there any hints in the new movie?

Sooo, I don't want to break up this conversation buuuut.... Do you guys know of any good Amourshipping fics? Any standout ones? Is there a topic or forum dedicated to this?

Also, were there any hints in the new movie?

Mmmmm... maybe the betrayed ones return is the most famous & reviewed (it has almost 900 reviews), however that fic shows Serena and Satoshi in a not so offensive OOC status (Serena's more sassy and Satoshi is grieving over Haruka's betrayal until some point. Yeah, it starts as an Advance fic in the betrayal flashbacks), however it's enjoyable and funny despite the cliched betrayal plot and it's FULL of swearing and cussing and there are some very strong situations for a T-Rated fanfic. In ff.net try to filter the search results by characters putting "Ash K/Satoshi" and "Serena" or "Serena/Sarina" (yeah!! there are 2 Serenas in the chara. filter).

And about the movie... if you count the sugar-excessed look Serena was giving to Satoshi when he was cheering up Dianshi and that Satoshi looks at Serena's praying as a hint, well, there's left to decision of the fans.

thiagomestres

They can't travel forever. If amourshipping becomes canon, how would they work on their relationship being worlds apart? That's why i think it would be the best option, because even if Serena decides to stay at home someday at least we would see her again everytime Ash comebacks. Besides that, Ash and Serena living near each other would be awesome.

Last edited:

AboveParr

Whenever the time comes for Ash to challenge Clemont to a gym battle, what do y'all think Serena's response will be? I know it's a ways away but I started wondering, will she be silent because she doesn't want to pick one friend over another? Or will she be rooting for Ash like she did during the Grant battle?

Inferno792

Food Wars
Whenever the time comes for Ash to challenge Clemont to a gym battle, what do y'all think Serena's response will be? I know it's a ways away but I started wondering, will she be silent because she doesn't want to pick one friend over another? Or will she be rooting for Ash like she did during the Grant battle?

Of course She'll be rooting for Ash. She might make an excuse like 'Gym leaders are supposed to lose and give trainers badges so that's why I want Ash to win.' Bonnie might try and make Serena cheer for both of them though, but she'll always be cheering for Ash from the bottom of her heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.