• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Actually Gary was the first person they showed. :p

But regardless, Serena's existence seems to be a retcon of some sort. That or, like you and I assume...it was a small incident and they're not childhood friends.

Oops! Scratch that point out then hehe. But regardless, it still would've been confusing to the viewers. Showing Serena before she is introduced is not a good idea, especially if she is a retconned character who was never mentioned before. 1st you introduce, then you explain/show.

Yeah, I don't think they were childhood friends per say, but rather a small (yet REALLY significant) moment.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
You think Serena is going to be more mature (mentally wise) than Ash (How much?) / or maybe there going to be at the same level?
I think she'll probably be more mature than Ash but I'm really just going off of nothing here other than that almost everybody is more mature than Ash. But I could be wrong.
Also could somebody please tell me what imo means? I'm really confused about it cause I don't understand internet slang.

ThatOneQuilava

You think Serena is going to be more mature (mentally wise) than Ash (How much?) / or maybe there going to be at the same level?
I think she'll probably be more mature than Ash but I'm really just going off of nothing here other than that almost everybody is more mature than Ash. But I could be wrong.
Also could somebody please tell me what imo means? I'm really confused about it cause I don't understand internet slang.

It means "in my opinion". To answer the question, I feel that Serena could be more mature than Ash in some areas, but less in others.

;156;

CMDShift4

Anonymous
If you just introduce her as plain as that, you might upset the fans of your work and lost a bit of credibility, since people will know you can change anything from the story without warning.

If that's the case, then maybe tomorrow they will tell us Ash got a childhoodfriend EVEN before Serena, and people will have to accept it .

And that's what I call cheap writing. : /

I got your point and its quite good. But man, you know that the writers have bad rep all over the years. I'm still not sure if the writing team changed in XY.

Ash.mx

Umm, that is the whole point of a writer - changing whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. And why would they lose credibility for it? They wanted the element of surprise on their side. And with your author analogy when it comes to books, I don't understand how introducing a new character in the 4th book would be upsetting if they weren't referenced in the previous books. Authors do it all the time. It introduces new characters to the readers as a refreshing plot instead of the same recycled characters (still book analogy here).

I am all out for the writers to make surprises and plot twists,but only when they have a meaningful purpose and contributes to the story as a whole, not because you only wanted to introduce a last hour character. And in Pokemon they do it just for the sake of advertsing a game... and even then, don't get me wrong, I'm pretty happy with the changes they are making with Serena.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I'm sorry but if it bothers you so much then don't watch it. Simple as that. No need to call them cheap writers. They have done an excellent job so far imo

Wow, I never intended my words to offend you or the writers... I apologize if they did, I recognize the word "cheap"might have sounded a bit harsh, but you just said:

I am praying the writing will be better this series. Honestly the BW saga was so poorly written I could not even watch it (and I am a devoted pokemon fan).

: /

If you read my post you should know I'm just saying that, IMO they should give a reason of why Serena hasn't ever be mentioned before,that's all, I actually have no problem with the idea of them being childhhod friends ...

Last edited:

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
to me ash was badass in the first 2 episodes way better then bw and i can't wait for him and serena to meet again

Heck yeah, he was! And I can't wait for them to meet again either. But I have a topic, Since they're in Kalos which is based off France Do you think there will be a fair amount of episodes focusing on AshxSerena in a paris-like setting?

NPT

Just a member
Debate.....debate.....and more debate. Who knows how long ago Ash met Serena? all we know that she has been retconed as Ash's childhood friend(for good), so what's the point of discussing this now? I'm sure Ash will remember her at some point.
We're getting nowhere on this topic, so can we get a new topic please?

Edit: Oops, I got ninja'd by XY Rules.

Do you think there will be a fair amount of episodes focusing on AshxSerena in a paris-like setting?

I don't know if there'll be a fair amount of AshxSerena episodes, but It'd be great if there was some good episodes focusing on Ash and Serena in that setting.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
I am all out for the writers to make surprises and plot twists,but only when they have a meaningful purpose and contributes to the story as a whole, not because you only wanted to introduce a last hour character. And in Pokemon they do it just for the sake of advertsing a game... and even then, don't get me wrong, I'm pretty happy with the changes they are making with Serena

Wow, I never intended my words to offend you or the writers... I apologize if they did, I recognize the word "cheap"might have sounded a bit harsh, but you just said:

: /

If you read my post you should know I'm just saying that, IMO they reason give a reason of why Serena hasn't ever be mentioned before,that's all, I actually have no problem with the idea of them being childhhod friends ...

I am talking about how the writers are doing a good job introducing the XY series, obviously they were not perfect and BW was a great example of that.

I just found it weird that you are calling the writers cheap for introducing a past character who is "new". I mean they have a new director for the show so of course things will change from the past. And Serena having known Ash could have been perused over thoroughly and planned rather than have been a last minute addition. In fact, I think the writers were waiting for the perfect time to add her. Oh and no need to apologize. There are no hard feelings, I just read your post in a more negative way than what I think you meant. Meh whatever :)

Mau-Kun

Of course now that I'm thinking a little the fact that Ash and Serena probably met just for a little moment doesn't mean that they can't be childhood friends, according to the Pokémon anime logic every person they meet in a single episode is already considered a new friend, it's what has been happening during all these 16 years of the show, don't you think?

Rocbleaser

TheFlying Kangaskhan
Do you think there will be a fair amount of episodes focusing on AshxSerena in a paris-like setting?

I'm having doubts, what they really want in this season. (this is just for Marketing?)
They obviously are build up "hype" over this Serena/Ash reunion (with all the hints so far)

CMDShift4

Anonymous
to me ash was badass in the first 2 episodes way better then bw and i can't wait for him and serena to meet again

I got that "Peter Parker" vibe when he went up the tower during nighttime tbh and of course it was badass. We can only hope there are gonna be a lot of badass scenes in an XY movie.

We can assume something like that since Kalos is inspired in France, may not be only limited to some episodes but maybe in the XY movies in the near future.

21日のサブタイトルは「セレナにおまかせ!?激走サイホーンレース」
XY007: Leave it to Serena!? The Mad Rhyhorn Race
Airdate: November 21, 2013

I'm excited for some ADRENALINE RUSH!!!

Last edited:

nicholasbloom

there's a good chance besides serena is the first female companion to have strong feelings for him one could argue that misty did in the kanto and johto arcs but the writers said she never fell in love with ash

Ash.mx

There are no hard feelings, I just read your post in a more negative way than what I think you meant. Meh whatever :)

Don't worry, it uses to happen. :)

according to the Pokémon anime logic every person they meet in a single episode is already considered a new friend

Well, you have a point.

I got that "Peter Parker" vibe when he went up the tower during nighttime tbh and of course it was badass. We can only hope there are gonna be a lot of badass scenes in an XY movie.

We can assume something like that since Kalos is inspired in France, may not be only limited to some episodes but maybe in the XY movies in the near future.

I'm excited for some HORMONES RUSH!! oh wait...

I guess Ash would want to participate in that race as soon as he hears about it, only to fail at it terrible, so Serena takes up his place, or she show him the ropes to do it. That'd make for some good interactions between the two...

I'm actually fond on the word "MAD"! maybe they battle while riding Rhyhorns indeed lol

Also I think we could talk about that freely, so no need to use spoilers tags, since theres already a warning in the thread's title

there's a good chance besides serena is the first female companion to have strong feelings for him one could argue that misty did in the kanto and johto arcs but the writers said she never fell in love with ash

I would dare to say it is (almost!!) pretty much confirmed Serena has a crush on Ash,because why would she blush in that scene looking at him ( I'd love to know what she is about to say but they cut it right there!) and in the promo in the first place?

Last edited:

Rocbleaser

TheFlying Kangaskhan

Thanks for the info. more RR, Now I really want to see that.

Wait, really? the writers said that.

Graham Aker

The two new titles seem alright I guess. My only concern is that they might be potentially dragging their past together out, or turn it into a running gag. I don't want that, though the latter might be funny at first. Just cover it in one episode and be done with it. I guess if those preview images are any indication from the special, the flashbacks might be contained within those episodes at least. :/

but moving away from the ash x serena topic any idea who that guy with the mega blazaken is?

That's off topic. If you want to discuss that, you should check out the Anime Spoilers section.

nicholasbloom

now i see your worried that they will focus to much on their friendship and not on the main objective from the trailers i could see where that would cause doubt but romance has never been the main point in this story it could be a sub plot for the very first time but never the main focus if you want my take on it i like the idea of a childhood friend of his having feelings for him although it questions how far the writers are willing to go with this considering its there first time doing something like this

Status
Not open for further replies.