• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzz1000120

This got me thinking: If Serena does do the idol route, how would Ash supporting Serena be different from Ash supporting his other female companions with their goal (in respects to the ship) ?

TBH I can't really think of a scenerio that would be considered shippy because in the past he did compliment the past female companion's appearences (well...Dawn anyway because of the fancy clothes recommended for contests), but thinking about it again he never said cute or beautiful to describe a girl after OS as I can recall so that might be it.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

And don't put our hopes too high in the next episode, remember there's still the possibility Rocketto Dan saves them in the moment. So,it's better for us not to get optimistic.

Even still, there has to be some story-line reason behind it. I mean, I can't imagine they'll both fall off, TR will come, and then they'll forget about it all together. Really, if that were the case, then this kind of scene could have been in any other episode this series. I would, at the very least, expect Serena to apologize to Ash for putting him in danger because of her own lack of attentiveness.

Midnight Reality

Team Rocket was also in episodes 21, 26, and 31, and those were some of the biggest episodes in terms of hints. I don't think they'll be a problem.

Last edited:
Team Rocket was also in episodes 21, 26, and 31, and those were some of the biggest episodes in terms of hints. I don't think they'll be a problem.

But they weren't showcased on the past prewiews, right now they were in XY040 NEP. There's the reason we musn't have too high expectations cuz there's a high chance Roketto dan would save them at the moment.

But if that wasn't the case. I only could figure this scenario after they fall.

Satoshi would be somewhat pissed off (Reversed roles. IIRC Hikari's recklessness pissed Satoshi in some episodes) and snaps at Serena for her reckless abandon (yeah, hypocritical as it sounds, cuz he is the suicidal one, but the role reversal would be somewhat applied) and quickly he will regret the harshness of his words. They would talk 'bout the dreams and yaddayadda and later Roketto Dan saves them and finally the little chat between Sana and Pasta Girl.

That's the most realistic scenario I can figure right now. So, i invite you to post your scenarios for the "What-if-Roketto-dan-doesn't-save-them afterfall scene"

Graham Aker

But they weren't showcased on the past prewiews, right now they were in XY040 NEP. There's the reason we musn't have too high expectations cuz there's a high chance Roketto dan would save them at the moment.

Let's think for a second though...not saying you're wrong, but you think it's possible they fall down, then TR will IMMEDIATELY show up and save them without any rest period between? What would the point of the cliff scene be then?

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Let's think for a second though...not saying you're wrong, but you think it's possible they fall down, then TR will IMMEDIATELY show up and save them without any rest period between? What would the point of the cliff scene be then?

Yeah, it would be a bit too convenient for TRio to be around just when Ash and Serena fall down.

I actually think that a similar scenario will happen:

- Ash and Serena fall
- Ash manages to grab a protrusion or they fall on a little platform (probably unstable, just for the suspense factor)
- TRio rescue them

One would ask why Chespin or Bulbasaur don't save them with their vines, but it could be that Clemont and Shauna won't be around in that moment for whatever reason.

Graham Aker

Yeah, it would be a bit too convenient for TRio to be around just when Ash and Serena fall down.

I actually think that a similar scenario will happen:

- Ash and Serena fall
- Ash manages to grab a protrusion or they fall on a little platform (probably unstable, just for the suspense factor)
- TRio rescue them

One would ask why Chespin or Bulbasaur don't save them with their vines, but it could be that Clemont and Shauna won't be around in that moment for whatever reason.

I find it more strange that Pikachu isn't there. I mean, the others are resting somewhere eating, I find it odd Ash's shoulder rat isn't there. Not saying, the cliff scene will be a parallel to Ash and Serena's first meeting, but at least there'd be a chance for them to bond a bit.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I am just really surprised that TR would even help Ash and Serena in the first place...

Chianti

4 / 9 / 2014
it sounds convincing, i guess they will not just end amourshipping like this would they...? high chances that serena won't like a fat boy. maybe she can prove that she can get attention from the dense guy... what do you think?

Serena doesn't like Satoshi for his appearance (mainly, I bet she does think he is cute though) but his personality, so Serena could always crush on Tierno because of his personalities, not looks.

Personally, I wanted Serena to become a sky trainer like Y in the manga. In episode 36 we got to see Serena and the others participating in sky battles and she seemed to enjoy the idea of them, so.... haha it's a real long shot but I think it'd be cool if her goal involved something native to Kalos. ^u^
Aaaand if ya think about it, she could potentially continue to travel with Ash if she pursued sky battles, because if ORAS includes the feature in-game, that probably would mean that they're canon in all other regions as well, and she could continue to travel with him all the while trying to achieve her goal.

I totally approve of this. 100%. 10/10. However, Fokko can't fly, and she'd have to change partner Pokémon, which I'd rather not see. So sadly, while I think a battling goal would have been great for her, I don't think it is going to happen unless they want her to try out the Battle Chateau, but that is long gone.

I am just really surprised that TR would even help Ash and Serena in the first place...

They are just misguided people. Satoshi and his friends have helped them out at times and cared for Nyarth in times of need, so returning a favor for a favor perhaps.

Midnight Reality

Sky battles would be a good goal for Serena, but I think we should wait until the PokéVision episode just to see if we can rule that out first.

EIGHT HUNDO

Looks like we've had a lot to talk about.

New question: When do you predict that Serena will "confess" (or formally mention/recognize) her crush? Do you think it will be at the end of the series, or maybe sooner? Which "confession" would be better if Ash responds with mutual feelings or if he brushes it off as being friends?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Sky battles would be a really cool thing for Serena to pursue, but I think we should wait for the PokéVision episode just to see if we can rule that out for sure.

How would that be a good activity for her when she lacks a Flying-type Pokemon and her Fennekin and eventual Pancham would be neglected even if she did pursue that as her goal? More importantly, I don't think Sky Battles would progress AmourShipping much. Serena needs a goal or basic interest that'll bring her and Ash closer together in my opinion.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
This exactly. It's worth noting that most of the other ships in the anime don't have any explicit mentioning of the pairing (the only one I can think of that does is PokéShipping, and that may have been just in the dub but I would have to check), and are instead populated by meaningless "Ash cheered for whatever girl in whatever contest or battle" hints. The producers/staff have never done that with really any ship until now.

The Japanese did have hints, particularly arguing, jealousy, and getting embarrassed at getting teased. The Japanese was more subtle, and the English version did add some lines... but there was some stuff that was pretty obvious.

Which leads me to the question "Why did they gave Serena such role in the first place and how far are they going to take all these? They could have made Serena as a normal trainer with a certain goal or something. If amour is really one of the series' selling point then they have to stick with it until the end because if they drop it, I'm pretty sure many fans would be pissed and that may affect future seasons.

Well, I think finding a goal is going to be a big part of Serena's character arc. My prediction is that she's going to find something she really loves and is good at. The problem will be that, near the end of the series, Serena will have an opportunity to pursue her goal, but it would mean splitting with Ash. Ash will encourage her to go after what she wants, and she'll take that to mean that he doesn't care if she leaves, and she'll get upset and run off. Then, of course, Ash will clear things up and tell her that they'll always be friends no matter what, and... I see her confessing in there somewhere. I think Serena's whole character arc is going to be centered around her becoming more independent and finding direction in life... and that's probably one reason, at least, why her feelings for Ash are getting so much attention-- to give her that conflict. I say this based on my familiarity with fiction and character tropes.

ashsfuture

Well if Serena was torn between her goal and her feelings for Ash at some point and lets say she wanted to express how she felt about this whole thing and she says'We met when we were little on that summer day you save me even though I didn't know what to say. I had this warm feeling in my heart for you and yet I couldn't see you. Years went by and here you are again, back in my life. My feelings for you are stronger than ever, but are hard for me to express. I watched you grow stronger day by day as you moved forward with your goal, wishing that I had one as well, I always felt I was never at the same level as you lagging behind, but I wish to stand by your side and grow stronger with you together, as our journey continues my goal is found thanks to you, Nearing the end I know it's time, but I don't want to say goodbye. To stay by your side and pursue our goals together is what I want more than ever. Cause I love you and I'll 'Never give up until the end" and thank you...Love Serena

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
I guess it's a Summer camp gag. How so? Team Rocket have been working as disguided staff in the summer camp, and they may want to steal Pokémon, but since they are getting well paid, I think that, to keep being there and trying to steal them, they will keep their jobs, but a different job everyday, maybe on next episode they will be rock climbers' assistants/helpers/guides.

Now, I will picture/predict how the cliff scene will go.

Serena runs off to search a place to film, followed by Ash, leaving the group behind. She gets there and Ash eventually catches up, so Serena looks around, imagining how her Pokévision will go, and suddenly, a piece of ground below her crumbles, breaks and falls. She falls with it, and Ash takes her hand to try to save her, but she eventually drags him down with her. TR, who are climbing that cliff, go and save them, since they need the money and need to do their job correctly. Judging by the preview, there is no Pikachu with Ash, so they can't steal it (plus if they reveal their identities, the whole gag for all the arc would come down, since they would obviously be sent blasting off by Ash and Serena away from the camp and wouldn't be able to return and "work" normally). Once they are on safe ground again, they thank the TRio (without knowing who they really are) who dissapears from there. Then Ash and Serena have a little talk. Like Serena thanking him for trying to save her, but also apologizing since it was her fault he had to save her and come down with her. Ash telling her to be more careful when looking around like that, and (upcoming part is what everyone has said and I guess also expect) Serena asking him why did he risk his life to save her, and goddamit Ash you better answer something good, cause I swear if you say something oblivious like: "HEY WE'RE FRIENDS, RIGHT? I'D DO ANYTHING TO SAVE MY FRIENDS!" with the biggest dense grin on your face and a happy/upbeat tone on your voice, and make Serena feel bad and/or friendzoned, I don't know how but I will go and kick your *** back to the bottom of that pit.

Edit: YAY 800 PAGES!!!

Last edited:

Creepis11

deal with it.
I guess it's a Summer camp gag. How so? Team Rocket have been working as disguided staff in the summer camp, and they may want to steal Pokémon, but since they are getting well paid, I think that, to keep being there and trying to steal them, they will keep their jobs, but a different job everyday, maybe on next episode they will be rock climbers' assistants/helpers/guides.

Now, I will picture/predict how the cliff scene will go.

Serena runs off to search a place to film, followed by Ash, leaving the group behind. She gets there and Ash eventually catches up, so Serena looks around, imagining how her Pokévision will go, and suddenly, a piece of ground below her crumbles, breaks and falls. She falls with it, and Ash takes her hand to try to save her, but she eventually drags him down with her. TR, who are climbing that cliff, go and save them, since they need the money and need to do their job correctly. Judging by the preview, there is no Pikachu with Ash, so they can't steal it (plus if they reveal their identities, the whole gag for all the arc would come down, since they would obviously be sent blasting off by Ash and Serena away from the camp and wouldn't be able to return and "work" normally). Once they are on safe ground again, they thank the TRio (without knowing who they really are) who dissapears from there. Then Ash and Serena have a little talk. Like Serena thanking him for trying to save her, but also apologizing since it was her fault he had to save her and come down with her. Ash telling her to be more careful when looking around like that, and (upcoming part is what everyone has said and I guess also expect) Serena asking him why did he risk his life to save her, and goddamit Ash you better answer something good, cause I swear if you say something oblivious like: "HEY WE'RE FRIENDS, RIGHT? I'D DO ANYTHING TO SAVE MY FRIENDS!" with the biggest dense grin on your face and a happy/upbeat tone on your voice, and make Serena feel bad and/or friendzoned, I don't know how but I will go and kick your *** back to the bottom of that pit.

Edit: YAY 800 PAGES!!!

Well, that escalated quickly.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Well if Serena was torn between her goal and her feelings for Ash at some point and lets say she wanted to express how she felt about this whole thing and she says'We met when we were little on that summer day you save me even though I didn't know what to say. I had this warm feeling in my heart for you and yet I couldn't see you. Years went by and here you are again, back in my life. My feelings for you are stronger than ever, but are hard for me to express. I watched you grow stronger day by day as you moved forward with your goal, wishing that I had one as well, I always felt I was never at the same level as you lagging behind, but I wish to stand by your side and grow stronger with you together, as our journey continues my goal is found thanks to you, Nearing the end I know it's time, but I don't want to say goodbye. To stay by your side and pursue our goals together is what I want more than ever. Cause I love you and I'll 'Never give up until the end" and thank you...Love Serena

OMG! Exactly this! But the ending part, you made it like it was a letter? I want to add some, but I'm still recovering from this XD

Also, 800 pages! Only 200 more to go.

Last edited:

zzz1000120

A letter like this with a box of pokepuffs, this would be a great conclusion for Ash and Serena's journey together somehow I feel that Ash is going to find a way to misunderstand it

Also, yay 800 pages!

Thegreatjman

New question: When do you predict that Serena will "confess" (or formally mention/recognize) her crush? Do you think it will be at the end of the series, or maybe sooner? Which "confession" would be better if Ash responds with mutual feelings or if he brushes it off as being friends?
I think I would want the feeling to be mutual, but, if that doesn't happen, I'd at least want him to understand what she means.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Guys, can you stop with all the one line posts I'm seeing here. It's looking a bit spammy. Just add more onto your posts, that's all I'm asking.

You know, I've been watching the last episode in Japanese and it got me thinking of a topic for this thread.

If you could make anyone an Amourshipper, who would it be and why?

I'm thinking Shauna. I think it would be interesting if Shauna picks up on Serena's crush on tries to push her into telling Ash about it, like Miette did. But Serena chickens out, saying she's shy and she can't tell him.

What do you guys think?

edgehead011

Guys, can you stop with all the one line posts I'm seeing here. It's looking a bit spammy. Just add more onto your posts, that's all I'm asking.

You know, I've been watching the last episode in Japanese and it got me thinking of a topic for this thread.

If you could make anyone an Amourshipper, who would it be and why?

I'm thinking Shauna. I think it would be interesting if Shauna picks up on Serena's crush on tries to push her into telling Ash about it, like Miette did. But Serena chickens out, saying she's shy and she can't tell him.

What do you guys think?

i say shauna too because in the upcoming episode we could get a hint and she might be there to see the whole cliff falling scene plus who knows what theyre going to talk about at night. now if i could make anyone a amourshipper it would be pikachu. why? lets see hes been on ash's shoulder for 17 and a half seasons. he didnt thunderbolt the living daylights out of serena and if anyone could get through to ash about serena's feelings towards him it would be that pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.