• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
How will that affect her relationship with Ash?

Well that is a tough one to answer since we don't know too much about her character, but if I were to guess how it would effect Ash, maybe a few memories about his past getting him to remember the days before he started travelling, remembering the days before she left for the Kalos region to live with her family and maybe something along the lines or secretly remembing Serena through his travels, but then again that would be a little too much to ask for. I would say she could also be the foil to Ash's rash and reckless nature, she could be the exact opposite of those traits, well that's my guess, but my biggest question remains, how do we see them interacting throughout the series? and what is the extent of Ash's and Serena's history?

BlueDragonfangirl

I like the idea of him getting flashbacks of him and Serena at times when they were younger, that'd be nice and cute. Tomorrows the final episode of BW guys, lets hope for maybe a clip of Ash and Serena.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I like the idea of him getting flashbacks of him and Serena at times when they were younger, that'd be nice and cute. Tomorrows the final episode of BW guys, lets hope for maybe a clip of Ash and Serena.

I really doubt that, maybe they'll released another teaser trailer. And then a 5min trailer like they did with BW.

Do you think Serena is a good name? Do you think the word serene world help us describe her personality? How will that affect her relationship with Ash?

Serena is a wonderful name. My favourite right after May.

I've been searching up the means for Serena in both japanese and in english. In english it means 'calm and beauty' Regarding a similar name, I love the meaning of Selena, it means "like the moon; shapely" Selene means "goddess of the moon" also Serene is from a Late Latin name which was derived from Latin serenus meaning "clear, tranquil, serene". This name belonged to an obscure early saint. It was also used by Edmund Spenser in his poem 'The Faerie Queene' (1590).

So in other words and putting these meanings into pokemon terms, Serena having a taste in fashion and beauty really matches the character she is portraying in the trailers she's in. And in fact, her having a dream focusing on beauty wouldn't surprise me, in fact I would prefer it to be that way so it really matches her name and current personality. Also her having some admiration to beauty can be used as great character development like saying 'your beautiful in the inside' and all those other sayings.

I couldn't find any good pages of what the name means in japanese but yeah, Serena is her name in japanese right?

And now how it will affect her bond with Ash? Hm, I think she will make fun or question Ash's dress sense which will be entertaining to watch and also she might comment about Ash's battling style, saying its too rough or not pretty enough. Now that I think about it, Serena could make a great coordinator if she was introduced into the show where contests were held.

Sephora

yes I'm back

BlueDragonfangirl

Bet she joins at that point, wonder how shey'll act watching Ash battle in a gym? Looks like he's more of a pro this time too, hey'll be able to impress her :)

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Huh, I never answered any topic questions yet... Whoops.

Do you think Serena is a good name? Do you think the word serene world help us describe her personality? How will that affect her relationship with Ash?

I got no clue lol maybe, I like the name Serena though, it sounds nice with Ash and also fits his Japanese name Satoshi, haha. I like that Satoshi and Serena, SatoSere. :p

I'm hoping Serena is Ash's childhood friend and she has a crush on him since forever, that'd be pretty funny to see Ash dense as a little kid too lol.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Serena and Satoshi has a wonderful ring to it! SatoSere (sounds like Siri hehe) is cute, too. I don't think the name affects a ship overall though, but it doesn't hurt to have a nice name ;)

Furosuto

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted anything on here. 0_0

Would be interesting to see Serena's reaction to Ash now being older than the Ash that she remembers, since he looks like, 5 in that flashback.

Maybe she had been preparing to joke around and such with Ash like "good ol" times in their childhood, but this new Ash that she meets causes her to develop a crush on him?

PokemonJesus123

The Pokémon Punk
I'm just curious...is it REALLY CONFIRMED that they are both CHILDHOOD FRIENDS or fanboys/girls are just excited to go to this conclusion?
If they are, I wanna see a site that confirms it...the Pokemon Japan site only confirms that Serena she seems to know Satoshi but it never said they were childhood friends.
But leaving that topic, I am really looking forward to see how these two interact...

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
I see them reliving their past, remembering the times they shared while on their journey, but that should only last a quarter of the series then they will create new memories which will be rather nice, I still cannot wait to see what happens, I don't think this series will disappoint they are trying too much to make that the case, a four person group again, how will it change Ash and Serena's interactions, and what kind of interactions will we see from Ash and Serena?

well only time will tell right, either as rivals or as travelling companions this pair already seems to be off to a really strong start.

to the person who commented after I had posted, since I was taking forever to write is, and I was preoccupied with other stuff, it is in the anime area on the X/Y series, it says that Ash and Serena are childhood friends in years gone by, but I think that is just part of it, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm just curious...is it REALLY CONFIRMED that they are both CHILDHOOD FRIENDS or fanboys/girls are just excited to go to this conclusion?
If they are, I wanna see a site that confirms it...the Pokemon Japan site only confirms that Serena she seems to know Satoshi but it never said they were childhood friends.
But leaving that topic, I am really looking forward to see how these two interact...

You are right on this one. Nothing has been confirmed. But this is a shipping thread. It strives on imagination like everything else in this section :p

LeWLWuT

Dostedt
Yes, yes. Let it run wild.

Oh, and thanks. Glad to be aboard.

Actually, this is a bandwagon ship. It only got more supporters after the phrase "childhood friend" became associated with this ship. So there!

Sephora

yes I'm back
You are right, it is not confirmed that they are childhood friends. However, there is a 95% chance that they were, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense for Serena to have met him only once and suddenly start remembering him and having a flashback. Because then it means he probably left a very strong impression on her. Either way, it is still cute!

All we can do right now is wait for the episodes to air. I feel like we talked about everything there is to talk about so far in terms of news. Right now I am hoping:
- Their meeting will have a hint
- And the opening/ending shows how they were childhood friends, and also gives us a hint or two ;)

Last edited:

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
And the childhood friend turning into love is too cliched. Make Ash a bully but serena takes it because he looks good.

Yeah, it really is. It's something you think you'll only find in really bad written high school fics. I mean for all we know it, maybe Ash and Serena had only met once in the forest and Ash had such a huge impact on her that maybe he was the reason she wanted to become a trainer. There is only 15 days left until the games are out so I guess all we can do is do logical speculation until then.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
It's not like being Ash's friend even means much in the scope of things. Out of all 700+ episodes paul is the one and only trainer who ash has met and doesn't consider a friend.

And the childhood friend turning into love is too cliched. Make Ash a bully but serena takes it because he looks good.
The end of DP says otherwise; he was on his way to forging friendship links with Paul and wasn't thinking bad of him. Anyway, Ash bullying someone? And she takes it? For a vapidly shallow reason? Really? That's completely awful and the worst message they'll never have their hero do. It's completely out of character for him, to boot.

Anyway, I'm in the camp that Ash probably won't even remember Serena at first. I imagine that Serena and Ash's encounters were shortlived. Perhaps they didn't meet once, but they didn't spend their lives together. A few months, a year at most: Serena's family moved to Pallet Town, or maybe she's a relative of a resident and spent a summer there. Then she had to leave and never came back. The sweet boy she remembers playing with...it's a good memory, perhaps too good. But where that was a memory to cherish for her, Ash spent the majority of his life dealing with Gary and forgets, if for the moment, the really cute girl he played with. And maybe she didn't have a crush on him back then; they were kids who played dress up and in the streams and climbed trees and just had friendish fun, completely innocent and platonic, as kids can be.

Now older though, and Serena's more conscious of boys, it could happen.

Master Trainer Empoleon

Am I the only one who noticed that Ash's female companion always says "Ash Ketchum!" When they're angry with him or are relieved that he's safe but doesn't want him risking himself like that again?

It would be great to hear Serena continue this pattern.

aloasa

The sound of drums
wow, 16 pages already...damn guys, I'm so hype that in 15 days we get to see the debut of this series, about what empoleon said....it would be cute to see that continue as well....but to have a serious hint they should have a variant with her in order to have a stronger connection to him....not that it matters considering that THEY KNOW EACH OTHER SINCE THEY WHERE KIDS!, seriously guys, I haven't see a most obvious hint for a shipping since Movie 9, because my good, it could not be more obvious even if it was flashing had arrows pointing at it and had a neon sign saying "SHIP ME!", anyway, I will ship them, HARD!, seriosly, I have been in Devianart for a while and even the small amount of shipping images and all....

nice_to_meet_you_by_hikariangelove-d6knr2o.png

(Credit for Endless-Summer181, hikariangelove, louise008, bridget3678, tifamex, louise008 again, slalala, uta_makoto_chan, slalala again, louise008 again, and finally silvermoon602 (or midnightmoon602 in here) respectively)

Last edited:

Outburstz

I love how people are shipping this before the show even airs this is very funny, but I am curious to see if she has a thing for Ash that she has kept all this time. Having a female that Ash already knows could be a good change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.