• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
Still prefer Kalosshipping.

AmourShipping indicates there is love between Ash and Serena and it's far too early to say that. Plus, some people only want it cuz it's a fancy French word.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
No, it doesn't matter, the shipping name hasn't been taken yet and lots of others seem to really like Kalosshipping as well. I'm going to hold on to it, besides, this about Ash x Serena, no one else.. T,T It makes sense, at least you can say they met in Kalos again. Rawr.

Amourshipping is fine too but Kalosshipping seems like the most liked right now, so.

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ
Still prefer Kalosshipping.

AmourShipping indicates there is love between Ash and Serena and it's far too early to say that. Plus, some people only want it cuz it's a fancy French word.

That's the whole point of Shipping characters though isn't it? It doesn't exactly have to make sense lol.

Besides, it being a french word, in this case, makes a lot of sense.

tzhaa

I guess the best way to settle on a name would be to have KalosShipping and ArmourShipping in a poll and just use the one that wins.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
*official shipping name taker* Kalosshipping is being kept in case Calem/Serena in case they never get a name. So I ask you don't consider that (because they are just as important as Ash/Serena). Amourshipping...it's free on paper, but that doesn't mean others aren't trying to get it for their 'ship, so I've discounted it for the moment.

That said, there have been quite a few names being suggested for Serena/Ash and not just from here, so only "Amour vs Kalos" is unfair. Polls take place here (which is "Bulbapedia's" real shipping list) so everyone across the fandom can participate. You'll get your name, and it'll be by fandom majority. So the more people rush, the sooner that poll goes up and the less chance of the best name.

tzhaa

Does it really matter THAT much? As long as we have a name for it, I'm game, rather than just referring to it as Ash x Serena :p

wiitard119

yeah im fine with KaloShipping or SereneShipping.
As log as its not XtraordinarYShipping.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I'm game for anything as long as it is not XtraordinarYshipping or Fashionshipping or something like that. No. Just no.
And I really hope that Serena does have a crush on Ash :3

Ashrena shipping lol

LOL

tzhaa

I hope so too, it would be the first time since Misty that the main female protagonist has an active crush on Ash.

SoarStaraptor

I just saw the trailer on YouTube. I couldn't see the blush when she was interacting with Ash. The video did not seem high quality at all, which means either:

It was bad quality video where you couldn't see the red cheeks, or it was edited.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I just saw the trailer on YouTube. I couldn't see the blush when she was interacting with Ash. The video did not seem high quality at all, which means either:

It was bad quality video where you couldn't see the red cheeks, or it was edited.

I've seen the original trailer myself, just after Cilan's episode, and there is a part where she actually blushes. I can't remember if it was in that scene or later, though.

Sephora

yes I'm back

It is low quality. You can see the blush in a high quality video. If it was edited, someone would've noticed, come on :p It is a legitimate picture, for all those who are wondering. It was just a fast scene:

when she first sees Ash
tumblr_mu3p4vLtic1s5wnf8o1_500.jpg

then she blushes quickly with a smile
tumblr_mu3p4vLtic1s5wnf8o2_500.jpg

When a high quality video gets uploaded on youtube, I'll post it so you guys can see :)

tzhaa

Well maybe this will be canon then :D? I'm super looking forward to watching them in the series. I wonder if Serena has been crushing on Ash since they were kids?

Ash.mx

Seems this is heading there , no really, the series haven't even started and the shipping already got a couple of arguably hints. That's a very good sign.

As for the name, how about Canonshipping lol my vote goes to Kalosshipping. Reminds me of Hoennhipping, actually I never really understood other shippings names but well, using the region Ash and the girl are traveling sound like the best way to go.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I think this shipping seems pretty cute. :) I think it's cute that Serena knows Ash previously, but we can't always jump the gun on our assumptions. I'm not going to think anything of the blush quite yet. It may be admiration, or it may be a crush. We don't know yet, but we will find out soon enough. :) As much as I hate to say it, I don't think Ash will ever really get a true and static love interest as long as he continues to be the main character in Pokemon. Each gen brings a new region/new "sidekick", so we know that sadly, Serena will go. However, getting a little shipteasing would be nice. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.