• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragonfangirl

I bet she's un decisive about what she wanted to do for a while than sees Ash on TV, remembers him and that thinks to herself " I've decided than! "

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
Hehe you are pretty late with this one. We've already discussed this a lot when the preview aired :p
It basically translates to:
It must be that boy from back then.
Alright, I've decided!

We still don't know what "she's decided" but I'm guessing that Ash inspired her about something.

It's not about the translation: I already know about the translation. The real issue is the original script. I had wanted to draw my own conclusions about that line but this is let down by my insufficient Japanese skills. No point trying to translate if I cannot even get the original script correct.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
It's not about the translation: I already know about the translation. The real issue is the original script. I had wanted to draw my own conclusions about that line but this is let down by my insufficient Japanese skills. No point trying to translate if I cannot even get the original script correct.

But the original text would mean the same as translated. That's the whole point of a translation, no?

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
the best time to name the ship is when a few things are fulfilled.
1. when Ash and Serena meet.
2. how the two will interact and we should find out in the first 5 or so episodes.
3. whether or not Serena has a crush on Ash and how it will be played out by the writers and the whether or not the two will be involved in a running gag.
4. when we find out more about Serena's goal in this journey and how Ash will support her.

once we find out those things we should have a clear idea on the name for this pairing.

Sephora

yes I'm back
the best time to name the ship is when a few things are fulfilled.
1. when Ash and Serena meet.
2. how the two will interact and we should find out in the first 5 or so episodes.
3. whether or not Serena has a crush on Ash and how it will be played out by the writers and the whether or not the two will be involved in a running gag.
4. when we find out more about Serena's goal in this journey and how Ash will support her.

once we find out those things we should have a clear idea on the name for this pairing.

Exactly. Just patience is what we need for now :)
And I am hoping - no, praying that Serena will have a crush on Ash.

EDIT: I just realized this is post #666 ;)

Last edited:

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Imagine if Ash sees Flabébé and thinks its a flower saying
"huh, this is something Iris would like" unconsciously trying to pick and Serena says something like
"No Ash that's a pokemon." Then she blinks and says " who's iris"
Ash tells her she's his friend and she gets jealous and is mad at him throughout the whole episode then they make up and he ask her why she was so mad and she explains that he remembered iris but not her when they were young and he says something like but that doesn't mean you're not important to me and she blushes XD
I'm only guessing Ash won't remember Serena when they meet again?

I'm not sure what the flower has to do with Iris haha
If it was a snapdragon I think I'd get it hahaha

Though, I hope with Serena, it won't but a huge retcon, at least not too much. I mean we only see glimpses of Ash's childhood rarely, and I haven't stayed with canon enough to say that it is impossible or possible for us never to have heard of Serena

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Though, I hope with Serena, it won't but a huge retcon, at least not too much. I mean we only see glimpses of Ash's childhood rarely, and I haven't stayed with canon enough to say that it is impossible or possible for us never to have heard of Serena

It's likely Serena only saw Ash for one day as a kid, we don't know if they were childhood friends for a long time.

tzhaa

She's not been mentioned in any canon episode of the anime upto this point, if that's what you're asking, at least not to my knowledge and I've watched every single episode.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
She's not been mentioned in any canon episode of the anime upto this point, if that's what you're asking, at least not to my knowledge and I've watched every single episode.

Don't worry, I wouldn't ask a silly question like that.
I mean more, it is one of those 'they will have to retcon', I mean if you are travelling the world 5 times now, I assume Serena would come up.

Cyber, I've met maybe 5 people in my life who I knew for a day, and remembered. There are probably tons more than that, that I don't. Along with that, there are tons I've known for years but didn't recognize in the future.
I merely would like to assume they were friends for maybe 2-3 years. He also started his journey when he was 10. Now that is a lot of the time he was alive (weird when you think about it, Gary, supposedly also 10, having fans, groupies, and driving). I want to assume he is maybe 14 to 16 by now, with time that has elapsed.
Though, I don't mind the retcon here haha

aipomadvanceshipper

I'm not sure what the flower has to do with Iris haha
If it was a snapdragon I think I'd get it hahaha

Did you watch the path that leads to goodby episode that's why I said. The whole flower thing

skybattler262

Hello! New guy here!
I'm just thinking that this pairing has a lot of promise so I would join (unless the writers HORRIBLY mess up, then perhaps I'll return to the good ol' Pokeshipping thing since it is the most canon by far)
what kind of running gag would you like to see happen between Ash and Serena?
The classic Phineas and Ferb, where Phineas is to oblivious on Isabella's advances, would do the trick (and if Ash didn't age, at least this is the nearest thing...) (BTW, we have Clemont!) Or Clemont making an invention HORRIBLY WRONG and ends up the two together!
However, if there where to be a past (a good one) between them (+Gary), then the Ano Hana theme would do (-death part, but it would explain why Serena left aside from her parent's decision, since kids are not used to switching places)
*playing Secret Base in the background*

Wolfheart

hehehe, Clemont: Use love ray!

Ya, that could totally happen. I could see it causing Serena to get in danger and Ash having to save her.

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
But the original text would mean the same as translated. That's the whole point of a translation, no?

Translations do not always convey the subtleties given by the original. That's the problem that I noted. That's why I learn 4 languages.

Vintrial

Whouffle.

Someone said that in the jirachi movie while Ash talks to Max he was talking about serena and not Misty.

SoarStaraptor

This may be a bit off the topic, but if Ash is 10 years old, been on a journey to 5 now 6 regions, Why is he 10 years old again, when Serena is 10 years old starting her journey now when they were possibly the same age back then? Somehow that throws me off. So wouldn't ash be older than the same 10 years old kid, and Serena should of started her journey the same day Ash started or at least a few days from when he started.

Last edited:
^Don't take it too seriously but I think he's 16-17 so Serena is to be 15

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
This may be a bit off the topic, but if Ash is 10 years old, been on a journey to 5 now 6 regions, Why is he 10 years old again, when Serena is 10 years old starting her journey now when they were possibly the same age back then? Somehow that throws me off. So wouldn't ash be older than the same 10 years old kid, and Serena should of started her journey the same day Ash started or at least a few days from when he started.

the one thing you need to remember is the fact that the series is targeted at 10 year olds, so to make it seem like Ash and Serena relate to them, they have to be 10 years old, we want them to be around 17-18, but sadly with that it is taking away that relation, I bet you didn't know that the Manga is how the creator of pokemon envisioned his series and that the Anime was to go in a similar direction to the manga, but once they found out that the anime had a huge 8-10 year old audience, then it was decided that Ash would never age, really sad to be honest, because the anime department has never really tapped into the full potential of the series.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Well, if you want to go on and apply logic into Pokemon, then, kids starting at the age of 10 are able to become a Pokemon Trainer and are allowed to choose a starter Pokemon from their regional Professor. So after you're 10, you can choose to pick them any time I suppose or go set out on your journey at anytime too, like Bianca did.

Maybe Serena is just now going to go choose a starter, for all we know, she could be older than Ash (10 but her birthday could be before Ash's) and just decided to get her starter now. Not everyone is like Ash, who wakes up late, runs off in pajamas, just to get their starter Pokemon and set of on their journey on the first day. He got lucky there was one Pokemon left too, all starters were taken. :p

^Don't take it too seriously but I think he's 16-17 so Serena is to be 15

What are you talking about lol? I doubt Serena would wait 5 years, just to go get a starter and set off on a journey. Neither has there been a time skip, so Ash is most likely still 10. And if he were to age, they'd make him 11 not 16.

Sooo, is anyone else wondering how Serena met Ash? I don't know why anyone isn't talking about this, I mean, Ash has never heard of Kalos, so what's she doing in Kanto?

@Ash&Pikachu-Fan, that wasn't funny and nothing says they can't wait

@paul (dragon master), can I get proof on that, because I ask the Serebii Staff and they tell me otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.