• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Raven, have a snickers. Cause you go bonkers when you get all repugnant. ...Better?

I don't think a snickers will help, a think a slap across the back of Raven's head might do the trick.

alright back on topic. How would Serena react to Ash's reckless nature?

tzhaa

The fact that canon hints are likely to happen, I don't see why this ship won't become the biggest one yet.

It's true that she's doing that everyone wanted Dawn to do in DP, I mean I can't count the times I wished Brock and Kenny wouldn't interfere in their relationship.

I think it speaks volumes how hyped people are already by this, 33 pages, comics and fan art for the pairing before the first ep airs? Yeah its gonna be HUGE.

Ontop of that Serena is cute as hell and seemingly finally giving Ash a bit of canon love :)

Azurelight

The Key of Destiny
Hi there! Back on Serebii after ages! Even though I'm an Advanceshipper, I can't help but love Ash x Serena. I've got a lot of expectations from this ship! :D I think she's just adorbs :3 Anyway, I think if any female companion of Ash's were to be brought back, it would probably be Iris. I can jealousy there in Serena's perspective xD But assuming they've always brought back the previous female companion to the following series, I'm really betting my dessert that Iris and Cilan would return :) It would be really cute if Serena got jealous, although based on the little media we've seen of her, she doesn't seem like the jealous type; more passionate really.

How would Serena react to Ash's reckless nature?

Two words: complete shock. Need proof, look at Draco's gif.

Sephora

yes I'm back
How would Serena react to Ash's reckless nature?

Two words: complete shock. Need proof, look at Draco's gif.

I agree with this :p
I can see Serena being really shocked and worried. Then she gets used to it, because this is Ash after all xD

ThatOneQuilava

Hi there! Back on Serebii after ages! Even though I'm an Advanceshipper, I can't help but love Ash x Serena. I've got a lot of expectations from this ship! :D I think she's just adorbs :3 Anyway, I think if any female companion of Ash's were to be brought back, it would probably be Iris. I can jealousy there in Serena's perspective xD But assuming they've always brought back the previous female companion to the following series, I'm really betting my dessert that Iris and Cilan would return :) It would be really cute if Serena got jealous, although based on the little media we've seen of her, she doesn't seem like the jealous type; more passionate really.

I have a feeling that we'll get along just fine...

;156;

Azurelight

The Key of Destiny
I have a feeling that we'll get along just fine...
^_^ Ditto! Nice to meet you! :) And I agree with the claims made previously; she'll be the worrying, doting type I bet. But judging by her "Rhyhorn Riding" activities, she'll have a tough side. I'm also guessing the bandages she has in Draco's gif are from her jockey activities :D

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
I saw the preview and I loved the fact that Serena was worried for him. And when she have him the handchief. It look like Ash seen to know her. I mean the way he looked at her. :)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
You've got to be kidding me. The Kalos anime isn't even released, yet you make a thread for this? And let's admit it, two characters made in a TV show targeted for 8 year olds aren't going to start dating. Besides, you people are going crazy for something like this. You're talking about it as if it something super exciting. Well, it's not. Grow up.

I think you mean 10 year olds, and there is nothing wrong with 10 year olds falling in love, it's happened before "in many movies and shows"

ThatOneQuilava

Is it just me or are a lot of Advanceshippers shipping this? I haven't seen a lot of anything else...

;156;

Navin

MALDREAD
@ThatOneQuilava, with all the Hoenn vibes , you be suprised.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Is it just me or are a lot of Advanceshippers shipping this? I haven't seen a lot of anything else...

;156;

Might be because Serena seems like she is more similar to May than the others, she looks more shy and withdrawn in the previews which is how May was at the beginning of AG.

Dawn was very outgoing and Iris/Misty had a different dynamic with Ash altogether. Serena gives me a shy vibe so far. I hope the ship has some good moments.

Azurelight

The Key of Destiny
Is it just me or are a lot of Advanceshippers shipping this? I seen a lot of anything else...

;156;
I think it's because the hints and evidence of this pairing is kind of a big opponent to Pokeshipping. I mean, the whole childhood reunion, crush speculation, blushing, Ash being Serena's purpose theory and just all of the stuff we've seen so far is kind of a punch to Pokeshipping (No offense to Pokeshippers!). It seems that most Advanceshippers can't stand Pokeshipping, MOST. As for its offense against Contestshipping, all I can think of is that they definitely treat each other better in their initial meeting than Drew and May seemed to. I think Advanceshippers tend to associate a higher appeal of cuteness as opposed to Contestshipping, which is hugely popular. Plus, I think there's a whole sense of "If Ash can't be with May, then Serena's the next best thing" mindset! Lol, sorry for my excessive theory concocting! Ash x Serena has this unique appeal that every other shipping has somewhat lacked in my opinion!

ThatOneQuilava

Hehe, I felt the vibes too. As for the strip, I'd love to read it, but Nein spreken die Japanese. I'm not German either...

;156;

Navin

MALDREAD
I think it's because the hints and evidence of this pairing is kind of a big opponent to Pokeshipping. I mean, the whole childhood reunion, crush speculation, blushing, Ash being Serena's purpose theory and just all of the stuff we've seen so far is kind of a punch to Pokeshipping (No offense to Pokeshippers!). It seems that most Advanceshippers can't stand Pokeshipping, MOST. As for its offense against Contestshipping, all I can think of is that they definitely treat each other better in their initial meeting than Drew and May seemed to. I think Advanceshippers tend to associate a higher appeal of cuteness as opposed to Contestshipping, which is hugely popular. Plus, I think there's a whole sense of "If Ash can't be with May, then Serena's the next best thing" mindset! Lol, sorry for my excessive theory concocting! Ash x Serena has this unique appeal that every other shipping has somewhat lacked in my opinion!

The only shipping, IMHO, that's remotely applicable to Ash is Pokeshipping. No offense to anyone whatsoever, but Advanceshipping doesn't happen due to Contestshipping (Ash ends up being like May's older brother), and nothing really happened in Pearlshipping (Ash and Dawn are just platonic friends).

My homeboy Ash finally needs to see the romantic side of life, and since Misty ain't coming back, I'll look forward to this pairing.

ThatOneQuilava

I can understand the Pokéshipping thing. As far as Contestshipping goes, It seems reasonable as well. I dunno. I never liked Contestshipping all that much. Never could understand why people would pair May with a ******** like Drew. Heh, I'm getting carried away... Not in the right thread :/

And the comic... Hehe...

;156;

Sephora

yes I'm back
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.