• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Anyway, are we just taking for fact that the meeting took place in Kanto? or is there information for this? I'm just thinking it could be Ash with his mom visiting somewhere or someone's place. Do you remeber Molly, the little girl from the 3rd movie?

We actually don't have any info about how long they knew each other or where they met or anything. Just that they knew each other when they were younger. Man, I am so excited for the series!

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I think Serena is Ash's childhood friend, I just hope to see a scene where Ash calls Delia and not Professor Oak, for a first and asks her about Serena. And then, Serena moves over to say hi. xD

I don't know if it will happen but if they're childhood friends, their families will already know each other, so when, Ash visits wherever Serena now may live, her mum, if she's there, will recognize Ash.

Please let is be so, please.

Sephora

yes I'm back

aipomadvanceshipper

Here is a cute gif from the opening. Yeah, I know that Clemont and Bonnie touch him too but I don't care :p
http://25.media.tumblr.com/4bfc7ef170ba4f781a5af3fb82a69961/tumblr_mugcccxTgx1ruyj56o1_500.gif

Look at another bright side

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8zibZaG1bf4
At 2:52
I'm not sure if this point is brought up but that might be Serena or Serena's family rhydon that she's learning to ride
Maybe ash will get to meet her parents or they might get a scene together? Or he could even meet her parents?
image.jpg
She looks like she's watching what's happening on tv. After a rhydon training, notice the bandage, maybe her parents are with her watching, sees ash, remembers him and calls up Delia if they still have her number?

Last edited:

tzhaa

Them being childhood friends would give them a sound basing for a relationship, as has been mentioned before. That's what was used in the DP saga for Kenny and Dawn, and I don't see why they'd go to so much trouble of adding all that background if they didn't intend for Serena and Ash to grow close.

Ash.mx

We actually don't have any info about how long they knew each other or where they met or anything. Just that they knew each other when they were younger. Man, I am so excited for the series!

^Aren't we all? : )

Yeah , Serena moving from or visiting Kanto seems the most likely indeed. But then you have to wonder why Delia never mentioned she got friends in Kalos when she heard where his son would go next. So maybe their parents dont know each other at all.

There are tons of scenarios one could think of what could happen, but we might better not get our hopes too high, they could give us a simple and plain resolution for it, but even that I kind of doubt it ,when it seems they are building something up with these previews and promos. It looks they have a plan in mind to be pushing the Ash&Serena meeting-before thing.

Too bad there are not many fanarts and fics yet , for what is going on with the ship, you'd think there would be a huge load of them. I guess fanartists and fics writers are just waitin for some inspiration, so I expect once the show starts airing, it will dramatically change that.

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Wow, I go for a few hours and the are +5 pages since I left, the hype is crazy- And after the special and those scenes with good reasons. ; )

As an Advanceshipper myself, I think Serena looks and possible will act much like May did, so yeah it may be one of the reasons I support a shipping since the old AG days. Actually as many have said, the AG vibes are huge, and not only because the main girl, and that there are a 4 group travelling, but more because the whole X & Y hype and premise.

Anyway, are we just taking for fact that the meeting took place in Kanto? or is there information for this? I'm just thinking it could be Ash with his mom visiting somewhere or someone's place. Do you remeber Molly, the little girl from the 3rd movie?

I don't know where the dawn comparisons have came from, looks wise "she looks like may" although personality wise, it might be different

And i'm on the same boat as you, i'm a proud advanceshipper, but i'm open to this ship.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
^Nah, people will always be comparing characters but even so, a lot are starting to realize Serena is nothing like any of the past girls. They never are, they just share similar traits. They should compare Serena to Ash anyway, for shipping purposes. :p

I hope there's a Team Rocket episode, where they tease Ash x Serena or a wedding episode featuring James and Jessebelle but somehow turns into Ash placing a wedding ring on Serena. I know it will happen, so I'm not going to stop hoping for it.

I won't stop pleading, somebody make this ship canon already, I will pay you actual money to go to the studio and do so.. Dx

I don't know where the dawn comparisons have came from, looks wise "she looks like may" although personality wise, it might be different

And i'm on the same boat as you, i'm a proud advanceshipper, but i'm open to this ship.

You compare her with May because you like May/Advance. Others compares her with Dawn because they like Dawn/Pearl. Each to their own. She definitely looks a lot similar to Dawn in terms of design than May to me, but at the same time you may not feel the same.

But I am not going to draw lines with other female leads. Right now Serena feels different. The episodes haven't aired yet and I'm already liking her more than the other girls. Bias

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
Well, I'm not going to compare Serena with other female leads of the Pokémon anime, because I think it's obvious that Serena is going to be different from the other girls. She seemed a really kind girl in the previews.

Also, I'm sure that SatoSereshipping is going be a lot different than AdvanceShipping, PearlShipping or PokeShipping.

Last edited:

skybattler262

Also, I'm sure that SatoSereshipping is going be a lot different than AdvanceShpping, Pearshipping or Pokeshipping.

Well, every shipping has it's uniqueness...
I'm already thinking what the writers are planning to play around this time...
Just look at Clemont, he's got the potential to blow things up (which could eventually be good news (or bad)) to this shipping potential...
P.S. When is the last time the fandom is this hyped to a certain shipping potential BEFORE a new series started?

LeWLWuT

Dostedt
Well, every shipping has it's uniqueness...
I'm already thinking what the writers are planning to play around this time...
Just look at Clemont, he's got the potential to blow things up (which could eventually be good news (or bad)) to this shipping potential...
P.S. When is the last time the fandom is this hyped to a certain shipping potential BEFORE a new series started?

Yeah... and said uniqueness will billow out like a hot air balloon ready to sail the skies of the shipping community.

Well, well, speaking of balloons, aren't you all filling too much air here? After all, it's still the first episode. I say we marinate this for a couple of months, then we can discuss. Unless of course, a major shipping moment would rampage every single Ash shipping thread.

Whatever. Anyway, I got a feeling that this will a Pokeshipping nuke, considering the childhood friend connection with our guy here with the new girl. Maybe that won't help at all, due to his airheadedness. But then, the girl's closing in the gap, as I see it, and I think it's her latent, dormant feelings at work. No surprise from a childhood friend.

When I first about the new series (and the new girl for that matter), my brain screamed "NOOOOOOOOO!!! Not another fly in the spider's web! At least let the mosquito come back!" What I meant to say was, there's a new girl in town and I was disappointed because none of the previous girls are going to make a comeback (especially Dawn, since I am a Pearlshipper). And then, part of me screamed "Dawn clone! Dawn clone!! DAWN CLONE!!!" out of sheer anger and such. Hopefully, that won't be the case. As you can see, I am torn between this newly-inflated balloon and the other one that's beginning to fall to the ground, the one that got all the hype about 6 years ago. What started as a nevermet ship between a female game sprite and an animation protagonist became one of the biggest ships in the history of fandom.

Yes, I can see the potential of this ship going that way too. The idea struck me like a sniper bullet. Curse that fanart!

Enough with the subliminal message, let's take a look at the similarities at face value:
1. Seems like Advance all over again! We got 3 pubescent kids and a toddler.
2. Girl companion is a new trainer, like the 2nd and 3rd one before her! Time for some mentoring, courtesy of the dense ****er!

Feel free to- ah, forget about the things listed above.

So this ship got a name yet? Or are we gonna wait for a couple of episodes before doing said ritual?

richardtrainer

charizard trainer
hey all first time posting here after a long time.
I just watched the preview. and I think that when serena was giving ash the handkerchief, when she said "do you remember me?" I think that she said that in her mind. because the voice sounded differently that when she said "Satoshi". and also there was this sound before she said that. what do you guys think?

skybattler262

Whatever. Anyway, I got a feeling that this will a Pokeshipping nuke, considering the childhood friend connection with our guy here with the new girl. Maybe that won't help at all, due to his airheadedness. But then, the girl's closing in the gap, as I see it, and I think it's her latent, dormant feelings at work. No surprise from a childhood friend.

Same thing here... I mean, it's not the usual newcomer girl in the scene... had it been going to that direction, I'm not gonna look at this ship even...
I really do think that the writers did this on purpose... as if they wanted the older fandom come on here and have interest (proof? see the number of pages this thread already has...)

That said, I pretty much agree it throws a nuke at most (if not all) the premises Pokeshipping has. As I said before, it breaks the 'first friends policy' and 'close to canon' premises Pokeshipping has (Satosere has a lot of potential to be canon just by taking the hints for now and has now snatch the premises of being the first girl in Ash's life)

As you can see, I am torn between this newly-inflated balloon and the other one that's beginning to fall to the ground, the one that got all the hype about 6 years ago. What started as a nevermet ship between a female game sprite and an animation protagonist became one of the biggest ships in the history of fandom.

Wow, Pearlshipping is THAT popular? Why didn't I know that? I really hate not watching the DP series for me to judge that... BTW, how did the hype started in the first place?
As for the name, there is the typical Japanese name.. the English.. well, we'll wait...

@skybattler262, Ash and Dawn ere similar and a big bond that was shown over the Sinnoh Saga.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Same thing here... I mean, it's not the usual newcomer girl in the scene... had it been going to that direction, I'm not gonna look at this ship even...
I really do think that the writers did this on purpose... as if they wanted the older fandom come on here and have interest (proof? see the number of pages this thread already has...)

That said, I pretty much agree it throws a nuke at most (if not all) the premises Pokeshipping has. As I said before, it breaks the 'first friends policy' and 'close to canon' premises Pokeshipping has (Satosere has a lot of potential to be canon just by taking the hints for now and has now snatch the premises of being the first girl in Ash's life)

Wow, Pearlshipping is THAT popular? Why didn't I know that? I really hate not watching the DP series for me to judge that... BTW, how did the hype started in the first place?
As for the name, there is the typical Japanese name.. the English.. well, we'll wait...

Watch DP you wont regret it, i re-started watching the anime in the beggining of summer took 3 months to reach DP and watched it all in two weeks.
And you can see why all the hype btw Ash and Dawn.

LeWLWuT

Dostedt

If you won't bother watching it, check Bulbapedia's article about it. If you want the shippy episodes, check there, too.

skybattler262

Er... due to the pressure, I'm going to read it... so far, I'm on Dawn's hint number 16 in the Bulbapedia article... I didn't bother the others since nearly any friend could do that, of both genders (in fact, I do this every day with my friends of any gender if I where their age, even now... please remember that they are 10 years old... and what is wrong with a high-five? Adding that as a hint is equivalent to saying that you are doing something wrong when you are having a high five this days)
Alright, back to the topic... let's start a discussion, shall we?
Given the information we have thus far, how close do you think Serena and Ash are?
The whole shipping hype is based on this presumption: Ash and Serena are close friends, in fact, closer than we think it was...
For me. it is close to the point that at least they have an already established friendship (unless, the handkerchief scene taken to account says that they are much closer than what I think off)
P.S. I really get the Ano Hana vibes whenever I remember that scene...
Why SHOULD MENMA DIE!!!!!!

Sephora

yes I'm back
Please let's try to stay on topic and not discuss PearlShipping or other ships. There is a thread for that. Try to stay on topic, okay?

^Aren't we all? : )

Yeah , Serena moving from or visiting Kanto seems the most likely indeed. But then you have to wonder why Delia never mentioned she got friends in Kalos when she heard where his son would go next. So maybe their parents dont know each other at all.

There are tons of scenarios one could think of what could happen, but we might better not get our hopes too high, they could give us a simple and plain resolution for it, but even that I kind of doubt it ,when it seems they are building something up with these previews and promos. It looks they have a plan in mind to be pushing the Ash&Serena meeting-before thing.

Too bad there are not many fanarts and fics yet , for what is going on with the ship, you'd think there would be a huge load of them. I guess fanartists and fics writers are just waitin for some inspiration, so I expect once the show starts airing, it will dramatically change that.

There are many on Japanese websites already :)
This is the most hyped ship, isn`t it?

hey all first time posting here after a long time.
I just watched the preview. and I think that when serena was giving ash the handkerchief, when she said "do you remember me?" I think that she said that in her mind. because the voice sounded differently that when she said "Satoshi". and also there was this sound before she said that. what do you guys think?

I think she did say it out loud and the reason it sounded different was because it was an important moment and reminiscent of the past. You can tell it wasn't in her mind that she said it because of how Ash kept looking at her. If she had finished with handing him the handkerchief, he would've said "thank you" blah blah blah. But he was silent, so it shows Serena was still talking. Get it? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.