• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneQuilava

Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened and a sneak peek of the first two episodes of XY is airing October 19h on Cartoon Network.

Well then... I don't have T.V. I stream everything. So, anything on the interwebz?

;156;

skybattler262

Speaking of which, is there a set date for the sub/dub? I mean, I don't mind listening to it in Japanese, but I'd like to actually be able to understand though :p

;156;

As with any anime, any fansubs would appear in less that a day, but the official one comes a bit late, about a week or so...
That is my common observation given the fact that my sister likes a LOT of animes

@ThatOneQuilava, Pokemon the series XY should start in the US in 2014 since the dub has to wrap up the remainder DA episodes.

Speaking of XY, I got a temp title for my AshxSerena Kalos story:

Pokemon XY: Kalos' eXtraoridarY heroes

Good or needs a better subtitle?

Sephora

yes I'm back
I wonder why the writers seem to be showing so many "shippy" things in regards to Ash and Serena in the first place. The series hasn't even started and we have a great foundation for these two. They never did it with any previous female companions before so it got me thinking. Maybe (just maybe) something might happen this series when it comes to romance? And I know this is Pokemon we are talking about but still. I have a little bit of hope. Hmmm...

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I wonder why the writers seem to be showing so many "shippy" things in regards to Ash and Serena in the first place. The series hasn't even started and we have a great foundation for these two. They never did it with any previous female companions before so it got me thinking. Maybe (just maybe) something might happen this series when it comes to romance? And I know this is Pokemon we are talking about but still. I have a little bit of hope. Hmmm...

Or maybe their trolling us making us think they are shippy when they really aren't. Just only showing us moments to believe. If there is one thing Pokemon can do well it's their damn trailers. lol.

Navin

MALDREAD
@ThatOneQuilava, Pokemon the series XY should start in the US in 2014 since the dub has to wrap up the remainder DA episodes.

It depends if you want to include some or all of those key words?

Maybe

"Pokemon X&Y: eXtraordinarY adventures"

Sorry I'd help you some more, but alas, an all-nighter of biochemistry beckons me :(

ThatOneQuilava

I'm not too worried about the dub. I just want subbed episodes online.

;156;

@ThatOneQuilava, subbed might take a few weeks depends on the site.

@Midnightmoon6o2, we're the ones making the shipping fuss, not the writers.

tzhaa

Damn I go play Y for a few days and I'm like 10 pages behind in this thread. The english dub for the first two eps is out this weekend right? The shipper inside of me is getting all excited... especially with the amount of shippy hints in the trailer and the minor romance side of things in the games. Who knows? Maybe they will actually do something relating to romance in this series...

As with any anime, any fansubs would appear in less that a day, but the official one comes a bit late, about a week or so...
That is my common observation given the fact that my sister likes a LOT of animes

Not with Pokemon, you have to wait. An advise, just try watching it in Japanese and try to understand them. And mind you there are no official subs. What you are talking about is mostly fansub. By the way, talking about them is against the rules. I couldn't just resist the temptation clarifying to you.

I don't think we will get any hints in Episode 2 either, other than the le gasp scene, which I have watched a million times already. :p I won't mind watching it another million times though.

Graham Aker

I don't think we will get any hints in Episode 2 either, other than the le gasp scene, which I have watched a million times already. :p I won't mind watching it another million times though.

Other than that, we might get an internal "It's him!" thing. But I'm not expecting the mother to ask her anything about it, unless Serena said it out loud. Which be nice.

NPT

Just a member
Not with Pokemon, you have to wait. An advise, just try watching it in Japanese and try to understand them.

You're joking, right? I would rather watch the dub than trying to figure out what they're saying in the original version.

Well, You can't tell what we're gonna see in XY002 untill it airs. There could be more hints in the same episode. I'm curious about Serena's reaction to seeing her childhood friend in Kalos all of sudden, I wonder what she's gonna do after the whole Garchomp meance is resolved.

Last edited:
You're joking, right?
I would rather watch the English dub of the first two episodes rather than watching the japanese version and trying to figure out what they're saying. -_-

I am talking about people who want to follow it in Japanese. You won't be having fantranslations at your door step within 24 hours if that's what people want.

Well, You can't tell what we're gonna see in XY002 untill it airs. There could be more hints in the same episode. I'm curious about Serena's reaction to seeing her childhood friend in Kalos all of sudden, I wonder what she's gonna do after the whole Garchomp meance is resolved.

There's a reason why I said "I don't think." I am making a logical guess from what we have. I don't think Serena is joining the main cast in episode 2. But yes, she could be showing some reaction when she sees Ash. But other than that and the le gasp moment, we might not get anything in episode 2. I think the real stuff begins in episode 3.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
If Serena use to live in Kanto, Pallet Town and was one of Ash's friends by the looks of it, then why'd she and her mum move to Kalos? I find it kinda sad, sort of like a love story, of course if anything, it'll go "I'm so happy to see you again" without any question of why they moved. But who knows?

I always knew the writers would run out of ideas eventually, now they're relying on a love story, they'll give the anime or at least XY series, a new genre; Drama/Romance. Jk. :p

K, also did anyone else notice after the intro scene with Serena, the sea and the plane or was it after the opening, whenever it was... When Ash came out of the plane shouting out, the first 2 Pokemon he sees are two Spritzee flying up in the sky, dancing, almost as if they were in love?

I think they're actually going to bring in some sort or canon love for Ash (like a love interest with Serena), call it a stretch but they may, she's already likely childhood friends, has a crush, in a France/Paris based region and city.

Sorry for the going on but I need to throw my petty speculation somewhere lol. :\

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
It seems like Serena has some similarities with Ash, like a bit of a reckless streak, Ash putting his life on the line for pokemon and Serena basically doing Rhyhorn Racing which to me seems a little dangerous, wonder how Ash and Serena will go in the others respective fields of choice, should be an interesting series, with Japan and English dubs basically airing on the same weekend, I am going to make the effort to watch the series.

If my theory proves true that Ash and Serena are as reckless as the other, I think I have a sweet name, Recklesshipping, (worry not I am not good with making names up)

skybattler262

If Serena use to live in Kanto, Pallet Town and was one of Ash's friends by the looks of it, then why'd she and her mum move to Kalos? I find it kinda sad, sort of like a love story, of course if anything, it'll go "I'm so happy to see you again" without any question of why they moved. But who knows?

I always knew the writers would run out of ideas eventually, now they're relying on a love story, they'll give the anime or at least XY series, a new genre; Drama/Romance. Jk. :p

K, also did anyone else notice after the intro scene with Serena, the sea and the plane or was it after the opening, whenever it was... When Ash came out of the plane shouting out, the first 2 Pokemon he sees are two Spritzee flying up in the sky, dancing, almost as if they were in love?

I think they're actually going to bring in some sort or canon love for Ash (like a love interest with Serena), call it a stretch but they may, she's already likely childhood friends, has a crush, in a France/Paris based region and city.
Just as I said in my previous posts, the trends for this series is unusually odd, especially in this area.
I know that I mentioned another anime the somehow rings in my mind that made me relate to this shipping. just that the main girl died there...
Anyhow, if they really are heading a canon shipping, then it is like turning the anime Anohana into a happy one where the main girl reincarnates and interacts with the main guy. the only problem there is that another girl is in the way...
I'm really wondering on the childhood friends aspect of this ship. That is the cornerstone of the whole ship in general, and I wanted to know how close they where when they are younger, and how emotional Ash would be when when Serena left to Kalos, seeing that there are slim chances of meeting again.
Anyway, I also noticed those two Spritzees flying in circles, which made me wonder whether the way they floated in midair indicate something or not
If this ship becomes canon... everyone here would go like this...
http://gifsoup.com/view/1072654/japan-says-pasta.html

Last edited:

I might have an idea on this.

I do not know if XY Anime follows the game's character setting 100%, but Serena's mom used to be a famous Rhyhorn racer right?
It is possible that Pokemon racer competes in Pokemon races that is being held in different region each time in Pokemon world, like Formula 1 race competitions are being held in many different country in real life.

Serena's mom may have came to Kanto region to compete in Pokemon race that is being held near by Pallet Town, along with Serena who is still little kid during that time.
Serena may have met Satoshi when she decided to go for sight seeing by herself.

Last edited:

Slala

I'm new here, can I join too? I've been reading this thread right from the beginning, but it was not until now that I got my account.

When it comes to naming this shipping, has anyone suggested HandkerchiefShipping yet? We've seen those pictures with Ash using a handkerchief for Serena's injured knee and Serena handing one to Ash (twice). It seems like handkerchief plays an important role in Ash and Serena's relationship. So, it would be a good name for this pairing imo. :)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I'm new here, can I join too? I've been reading this thread right from the beginning, but it was not until now that I got my account.

When it comes to naming this shipping, has anyone suggested HandkerchiefShipping yet? We've seen those pictures with Ash using a handkerchief for Serena's injured knee and Serena handing one to Ash (twice). It seems like handkerchief plays an important role in Ash and Serena's relationship. So, it would be a good name for this pairing imo. :)

Ofcourse you can join, Anyone can silly :)
And i quite like the name, although i personally think it's best to wait a few episodes to see if there is anything else we can name it after.

Unless we want to call it kaloshipping "Like advanceshipping" or Yshipping "Like Pearlshipping"

Although i would rather we not call it after those names ahha :p

Slala

Ofcourse you can join, Anyone can silly :)
And i quite like the name, although i personally think it's best to wait a few episodes to see if there is anything else we can name it after.

Unless we want to call it kaloshipping "Like advanceshipping" or Yshipping "Like Pearlshipping"

Although i would rather we not call it after those names ahha :p

Haha, thanks! :)

Yeah, I agree with you. We should wait. The name just popped into my mind and I wanted to share it with you quys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.