• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
I think she will finally catch up in this episode BUT we won't get anything too big until the next one. Which of course, is what practically everybody else has been saying as well.

There will be shipping hints in episode 5. Notice how Serena has her hands together when watching Ash battle. And since the trailer for episodes 3,4, and 5 shows Ash and Serena holding hands as kids, we'll definitely seeing a flashback on Serena's part. Wonder how the flashback will come.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I was thinking, what if they went all out and turned XY into an actual love story. I know Ash is a shonen hero but I've seen lots of stories about protagonists' past involving girls and a heart break which get brought up after years.

They go for the Ash and Serena were childhood friends, they were secretly in love and then one day Serena had to move but wasn't able to tell Ash and so it broke his heart. Now, after years they meet in a Kalos, a city based on France and Ash doesn't have the same feelings now that he once did, will he regain affection...?

It's Pokemon, it's known for it's cliche-ness. :p I've also noticed most of my "ideas" sound more like bad fanfic ideas but then again, isn't that what they're going for? xD

Navin

MALDREAD
That's all, we have already supposed all as we could, so... just wait untill thursday. Personally, i agree about Serena meeting Ash in the middle of the battle, but the handkerchief scene was outside, that is confusing me. :(

That is an amazing banner! Looks sick.

---

It would be nice to see Gary again, but I feel he has to appear in the flashbacks somehow otherwise if he randomly shows in Kalos, nobody except older fans would know who he is.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
I think serena enters the gym late when ash is having his gym battle, Team rocket will either interfere before or after ash losing the gym battle as it was shown in the episode preview 3-5 that team rocket will be using a new robot may be that is the reason why ash is outside he might have tried to rescue pikachu hence he is dirty this is when serena gives him her handkerchief. This is what i thought.

I know. that's what I thought too. But someone told me that team rocket's not in this episode. But I don't understand how everyone knows that considering they're in like every episode. I really hope that something alon those line does happen though. the quicker Ash and Serena reunite the better.

Navin

MALDREAD
I was thinking, what if they went all out and turned XY into an actual love story. I know Ash is a shonen hero but I've seen lots of stories about protagonists' past involving girls and a heart break which get brought up after years.

They go for the Ash and Serena were childhood friends, they were secretly in love and then one day Serena had to move but wasn't able to tell Ash and so it broke his heart. Now, after years they meet in a Kalos, a city based on France and Ash doesn't have the same feelings now that he once did, will he regain affection...?

It's Pokemon, it's known for it's cliche-ness. :p I've also noticed most of my "ideas" sound more like bad fanfic ideas but then again, isn't that what they're going for? xD

I don't think Pokemon is going for the a 5 Centimeters Per Second type drama.

But Pokeshipping was the subplot of the Orange Islands, and Contestshipping was a mini subplot in AG. With the amount of ship teasing thus far (plus romance in game/France-like setting/new director/writers), it's possible SatoSere might become an underlying plotline in XY. Who knows?

It's not impossible man. They could turn this into a love story. So many shipping hints before they even met. I think we have more shipping hints so far than the entire BW series between Ash and Iris (I'm guessing, because I didn't watch much BW). It will easily have more than DawnAsh MayAsh eventually. And after a couple seasons, it will have more hints than Ash and Misty.

They never have done this before, and if you look in the poster for each series (Original, Advanced, DP, BW) you'll see the main girls doing some pose, though Serena is just blushing at Ash. Could it be a sign? And did they base this off France for a reason?!? Coincidence or planned? Ah who knows. But it could have a chance of being a love story with still Ash competing in the league.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I guess with Serena crushing on Ash the writers have decided Ash is better with a girly character than tomboy. Even one shot characters like Anabel and Angie were tomboy's.

If anything Serena is Ash's first love interest as a main cast member.

sky7s46

It's not impossible man. They could turn this into a love story. So many shipping hints before they even met. I think we have more shipping hints so far than the entire BW series between Ash and Iris (I'm guessing, because I didn't watch much BW). It will easily have more than DawnAsh MayAsh eventually. And after a couple seasons, it will have more hints than Ash and Misty.

They never have done this before, and if you look in the poster for each series (Original, Advanced, DP, BW) you'll see the main girls doing some pose, though Serena is just blushing at Ash. Could it be a sign? And did they base this off France for a reason?!? Coincidence or planned? Ah who knows. But it could have a chance of being a love story with still Ash competing in the league.

Coincidence or planned, I don't know

But what I do know is this, Ash X Serena is probably one of the best threads I've seen in all my years of multi-shipping

Sephora

yes I'm back
I guess with Serena crushing on Ash the writers have decided Ash is better with a girly character than tomboy. Even one shot characters like Anabel and Angie were tomboy's.

If anything Serena is Ash's first love interest as a main cast member.

I never noticed that before, but yeah, you are right. All of Ash's previous love interests who were blatantly crushing on him were tomboys. This is the first girly-girl to fit that role. I wonder if she'll be more obvious about romance then.

XxlapsxX

Those hints can not be a coincidence, i mean, this girl is THE GIRL. If this isn't "Official Shipping" then i don't know what could. :D

YonaNoveau

I never noticed that before, but yeah, you are right. All of Ash's previous love interests who were blatantly crushing on him were tomboys. This is the first girly-girl to fit that role. I wonder if she'll be more obvious about romance then.

Well, the girl that trained fire pokemon in the Johto league (the one with the Quilava) was more lady like, even if she had her temper.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Well, the girl that trained fire pokemon in the Johto league (the one with the Quilava) was more lady like, even if she had her temper.

You mean Macy? Yeah, I guess you are right. She is an exception then hehe ;)

Those hints can not be a coincidence, i mean, this girl is THE GIRL. If this isn't "Official Shipping" then i don't know what could. :D

My thoughts exactly. I think it is too late for me to lower my expectations now ^^

YonaNoveau

Just thought about something... Not gonna happen, but how would Serena react to Giselle? AKA the sole female in the entire franchise that has, somehow, attracted Ash?

Sephora

yes I'm back
Just thought about something... Not gonna happen, but how would Serena react to Giselle? AKA the sole female in the entire franchise that has, somehow, attracted Ash?

Giselle is a COtD. A.K.A she will never be brought up again.
Therefore Serena won't react to anything

YonaNoveau

Giselle is a COtD. A.K.A she will never be brought up again.
Therefore Serena won't react to anything

I know, that. Hence why I said "not gonna happen", it was more of a game, nothing else. Given Ash is incredebly dense, it can be somewhat "shocking" to have a female that drew his attention.

And quite frankly, we don't know what kind of crush Serena is having (sweet, timid, clingy, playful, tsundere, etc.) speculation is all we have until thursday or next week.

nicholasbloom

yup and just think if ash is the one to trigger the flashback story this thread will explode big time btw do you know if there is any other romance hints in the xy games ive seen the fireworks cutscene but haven't found any others

Ash will have to show some hints himself. And since Serena is probably the first main girl who is proven to deeply care how she looks, she'll impress Ash maybe. The line really caught my eye when Serena said to her mother "Which hat is cuter?"

Maybe if she looks good enough like Gisele did, eh, maybe Ash blushes. ;)

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Gary needs to make a reappearance. He HAS to be involved in SatoSere. We need to know more about Ash and Serena's history and hopefully they bring Gary for a cameo appearance in this first season of X and Y.

Well in the games there is this chick and if you talk to her you read that Gary does visit Kalos so it would make sense and be awesome if Gary does make a appearance and the three of them can share their stories as children or something. Maybe Gary could tease Ash and Serena about how close they are and were as kids.

That would be cute. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.