• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau-Kun

Didn't watch teh episode, but judging by the screenshots it ended just as I expected.

In the latest flashback young Ash is in the forest extending his hand down, almost like wanting to help her to get up of the floor and taking her to a safe place, which makes more clear what happened in that moment, like a just-once meeting when they were younger, it makes more probable that Serena wanted to meet Ash to meet the boy that helped her that day.

BTW, am I the only one who noticed Ash's smiling when they were talking looked a little like sarcastic?

Last edited:

Ash.mx

Oh you can definitely call this cliffhanger romantic, there's no need to cross it out lol. I'm pretty sure the chime at the end and the shift to mood lighting pretty much took the cake in terms of hints. But my favorite expression of the entire anime so far, was just before Serena asked if he remembered her. That cocked eyebrow, that worried look on her face. That slight bit of hesitation that betrays her nerve's. Love it. But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Absolutely agree with you on the last part of the episode, and no, you're not overanalyzing it , after all, animation wise those little details are what make a scene to have a more powerful impact and meaning behind it, those subtle expressions that could give you a more clear idea of what the characters are feeling/thinking. She indeed looks worried and with a bit of hesitation to bring up the question.

Last edited:

terra1396

I just want to know why Ash has that confident smirk in his face, btw amazing episode even though I was hoping it wouldnt be a cliffhanger to not wait an entire week (ugh), the hints were way better than I expected

Trap0

Absolutely agree with you on the last part of the episode, and no, you're not overanalyzing it , after all, animation wise those little details are what make a scene to have a more powerful impact and meaning behind it, those subtle expressions that could give you a more clear idea of what the characters are feeling/thinking. She indeed looks worried and with a bit of hesitation to bring up the question.

Indeed, I'm looking forward to more of those subtleties as the season progresses. Also the execution of the voice acting was spot on too, my only hope is that the english version doesn't screw it up lol.

I just want to know why Ash has that confident smirk in his face, btw amazing episode even though I was hoping it wouldnt be a cliffhanger to not wait an entire week (ugh), the hints were way better than I expected

I agree with the hints being way better than expected, but we're getting to the point of no return here. The moment a hint turns to all-out, in your face shipping, which would have its advantages and disadvantages. As for the smirk. It's probably going to go along the lines of ash brushing the question aside, unintentionally killing the moment which would be so typical of the Ash.

NPT

Just a member
Oh you can definitely call this cliffhanger romantic, there's no need to cross it out lol. I'm pretty sure the chime at the end and the shift to mood lighting pretty much took the cake in terms of hints. But my favorite expression of the entire anime so far, was just before Serena asked if he remembered her. That cocked eyebrow, that worried look on her face. That slight bit of hesitation that betrays her nerve's. Love it. But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I think you're right, Serena's expressions shows it all. She seemed quite nervous before asking Ash if he remember her.

Anyways nice to meet ya'll. I used to watch the show a long time ago, and now I'm back just in time for this shipping to turn up. I'm remaining optimistic, but I have a feeling the writers are going to put this shipping on the back burner by the time this season ends.

I hope the writers won't do that, it'd be disappointing if they did something like that in the end of this saga.

Btw, welcome to SPPf.

I just want to know why Ash has that confident smirk in his face.

Maybe Serena somehow cheered Ash up for his rematch with Viola, and he became more confident for the rematch. I wonder if Ash is gonna remember her in the next episode?

Last edited:

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
that place is taken by misty seeing as how misty had the strongest bond with pikachu

i know im gonna gets bashed on this but serena didnt do anything that much different than the other girls other than her telling ash if he remembered her.
(before u guys start giving me bad reps let me say i know this is the first episode that they interact plus im a multishipper so dont start accusing me of bashing this ship because this is the other ship i sipport with pokeshipping)

Keep your opinion to yourself please. Serena and Ash's first interaction has already made a greater impact than any other pokegirl first interaction. None of theirs have ever ended in a cliffhanger.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Once again, please do not ask about places to download the episodes. It's not allowed.
Also, try not to argue with each other, please? Let's be civil. :)
Thank you!

sky7s46

That was a good episode. the end left all of us in suspense. I hope Ash does remember Serena. I'll be really upset if he doesn't.
Ash whatever you do Do not be oblivious to this situation.

LuckoftheDraw

That smirk from Ash in the next episode seems pretty unrelated to how he's going to respond to Serena's question. Also, whenever we get flashbacks with Ash as a kid, he seems to always be in a forest like area, so maybe that's their play spot as kids. We got a lot of hints, and Ash seems pretty chill with Serena thus far :)

Trainer Red 626

Just watched the English sub version of today's episode and at the end Serena does ask Ash if he remembers her and thats the big cliffhanger , the writers really know how to tease us.

Hello, I wanted to ask if I can join this thread. I've been following this thread silently for awhile now and have been impressed every week by Serena's actions and desires to see Ash. After seeing today's episode I couldn't resist joining this thread. I'm really impressed by the X and Y writers, from the looks of things so far it seems as though they really want to form some sort of chemistry between Ash and Serena, or at least show that Serena may have certain feelings for Ash that his previous traveling companions may have lacked. Well I have high hopes for Armourshipping. I started out as an Advancedshipper and then fell in love with Pearlshipping, but it looks like Armourshipping is going to be my favorite Pokemon shipping now. ^_^

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
. Well I have high hopes for Armourshipping. I started out as an Advancedshipper and then fell in love with Pearlshipping, but it looks like Armourshipping is going to be my favorite Pokemon shipping now. ^_^

Heh, its so funny how people jumped from Ash ship to Ash ship depending on what saga came out.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Hello, I wanted to ask if I can join this thread. I've been following this thread silently for awhile now and have been impressed every week by Serena's actions and desires to see Ash. After seeing today's episode I couldn't resist joining this thread. I'm really impressed by the X and Y writers, from the looks of things so far it seems as though they really want to form some sort of chemistry between Ash and Serena, or at least show that Serena may have certain feelings for Ash that his previous traveling companions may have lacked. Well I have high hopes for Armourshipping. I started out as an Advancedshipper and then fell in love with Pearlshipping, but it looks like Armourshipping is going to be my favorite Pokemon shipping now. ^_^

Of course you can join, sweetie. You don't have to ask!
And it is AmourShipping btw, not ArmourShipping with an "r" :p

Heh, its so funny how people jumped from Ash ship to Ash ship depending on what saga came out.
Not necessarily jumping on the next Ash ship because it is the "new" Ash ship. They said they were an AdvanceShipper, so I am guessing they were not a Negai or PearlShipper then.

It seems more and more obvious with every episode we see that Serena has a crush on Satoshi. My favourite part of the episode was when Serena had a flashback of little Satoshi extending his hand out to her and then Serena blushed. I mean awww if that is not a hint that she likes him, I don't know what is haha.

Last edited:

PokeHero96

Just watched the subtitled one :)

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/02_zps08c69968.jpg[/img139]
"I wonder if he'll be surprised to see me"

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/03_zps7bb10c6f.jpg[/img139]
Has the flashback.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/04_zps08dde224.jpg[/img139]
Blushes and says "I wonder what the look on his face will be"

-I will add more hang on-

Elboim

Hello everyone! I've joined because of this ship! XD

After watching the 5th episode, I believe that Serena might be Leaf from Pokemon Green.
They look very similar to each other, Leaf is absent from the Anime, and it works good since you can say she lived in Pallet some time ago.

Still can't explain why she moved or why the heck her mother trains her to be a Rhyhorn rider tough...

I really hope the writers will take it more seriously this time. Pokemon really needs some romantic stuff, and the last lover Ash had (Meloetta) ended choosing her Ex.

XxlapsxX

Well, i've just finished seeing the chapter, nothing new, i mean, we all were expecting for that :D (Don't misunderstand, it was an amazing episode) .

So, 7 days will become an eternity :D Now i'm just curious, will we see all the flashbacks in the next episode? remember that the blue handkerchief scene is showing in the episode 7, so i think the next episode we'll watch how Ash doesn't remember Serena, then in the chapter 7 she shows him the blue handkerchief and BOOM Ash remembers everything :D

nicholasbloom

well ash do you remember her cuz the flashback story is coming soon im surprised that serena met ash the way she did this new writer is doing a good job

akim36

LOL 152 pages already and they literally JUST met XD. haha this thread is gonna explode once we they start traveling with each other.....that is if Ash stops being dense

Status
Not open for further replies.