• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think at this point they would pretty stupid to set us up like this and then just abandon the whole love part (plus we have been requesting this for 17 years they have to give us something eventually and i think ash and serena are perfect together and clearly im not the only one)

When I first joined this thread, it was very exciting and full of joy. Everyone seemed to exchange ideas and what they feel about amourshipping. But now, there's all these negativeness in the atmosphere just because there aren't any major hints in the past episodes since XY007.

Let me share something. This isn't something that will keep your hopes up (But I hope it does), just a personal opinion. I don't think the writers are the type of people who would abandon any special relationship between two characters. If they plan to drop romance for Satoshi then thy'd just do it all the way, why complicate things? Satoshi and Serena already have a backstory which is great because we'll be seeing something new on his side. I don't think the writers would easily write it off and go with the usual flow of the series. There's something up their sleeves.

Another thing, Pokemon is still Pokemon. It's only natural if we don't see major hints in every episodes there is. But if they do add romance for Satoshi, then they'd just do it all the way. Why would they give it too much twist? Yeah okay, there are jealousy, misunderstandings rivalries and stuffs, but remember, Pokemon is all about challenges, hardships and trials. In the end, all things can be settled out, whether before the episode ends or on the next one. I also think that small hints are great and maybe, big chunk of hints in random episodes would just be a bonus. This is so that Pokemon can still keep its phase without ruining its nature.

With regards to the childhood story, I've seen a lot of childhood friends in the anime that ends up with being more than just friends. Well okay, they are for minor characters and Satoshi and Serena's childhood flashback cannot still be considered as "childhood friends moment", Still, the idea of them meeting up in the past and being runited again isn't just a one time show-off. Why would the writers give up on it? I'd say, they are giving plenty of rooms for the flashback and give it a major role again for Satoshi and Serena in the future.

Why not enjoy Pokemon as it is and hey, along the way, why not hunt for those minor hints and who knows, maybe you'll see the bonus hints along the road. :)

Side note: Remember, Pokemon XY got new writers and director. I'm pretty sure they have something that they may want to add in the new series. Maybe a new twist and so far it's doing great.

Last edited:

chellby

When I first joined this thread, it was very exciting and full of joy. Everyone seemed to exchange ideas and what they feel about amourshipping. But now, there's all these negativeness in the atmosphere just because there aren't any major hints in the past episodes since XY007.

thats just what happens when a ship sails and the honeymoon period starts to wear off, adding in that we havent had a new episode in a while and the last one we did have only had the tinest of hints it's perfectly understandable that even the most smitten shippers are fearing rocky waters :/

Let me share something. This isn't something that will keep your hopes up (But I hope it does), just a personal opinion. I don't think the writers are the type of people who would abandon any special relationship between two characters. If they plan to drop romance for Satoshi then thy'd just do it all the way, why complicate things? Satoshi and Serena already have a backstory which is great because we'll be seeing something new on his side. I don't think the writers would easily write it off and go with the usual flow of the series. There's something up their sleeves.

Another thing, Pokemon is still Pokemon. It's only natural if we don't see major hints in every episodes there is. But if they do add romance for Satoshi, then they'd just do it all the way. Why would they give it too much twist? Yeah okay, there are jealousy, misunderstandings rivalries and stuffs, but remember, Pokemon is all about challenges, hardships and trials. In the end, all things can be settled out, whether before the episode ends or on the next one. I also think that small hints are great and maybe, big chunk of hints in random episodes would just be a bonus. This is so that Pokemon can still keep its phase without ruining its nature.

With regards to the childhood story, I've seen a lot of childhood friends in the anime that ends up with being more than just friends. Well okay, they are for minor characters and Satoshi and Serena's childhood flashback cannot still be considered as "childhood friends moment", Still, the idea of them meeting up in the past and being runited again isn't just a one time show-off. Why would the writers give up on it? I'd say, they are giving plenty of rooms for the flashback and give it a major role again for Satoshi and Serena in the future.

Why not enjoy Pokemon as it is and hey, along the way, why not hunt for those minor hints and who knows, maybe you'll see the bonus hints along the road. :)

Side note: Remember, Pokemon XY got new writers and director. I'm pretty sure they have something that they may want to add in the new series. Maybe a new twist and so far it's doing great.
it kept my hopes up so dnt wry in fact i kind of have a little higher hopes about this actully becoming a relationship i just think that the fact that the target audience is around kids ages ten and for them a relationship is not the most interesting points about the anime

taeuknam

I have a question: What will Ash and Serena's relationship be like by mid-season, when the two know each other better?
I personally want a bickering episode by then. I don't want them to bicker regularly, just in that one episode. wonder how the writers will handle that?
How about you guys?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have a question: What will Ash and Serena's relationship be like by mid-season, when the two know each other better?
I personally want a bickering episode by then. I don't want them to bicker regularly, just in that one episode. wonder how the writers will handle that?
How about you guys?

I honestly don't think their relationship will be any different than it is now. Serena may be more comfortable around Ash which would be a good thing and an improvement overall, but I don't think we'll be getting AmourShipping moments regularly even by mid-XY. I'll just remain cautious about AmourShipping in general because I think it's developing really slowly and at this point I don't expect to see much progress.

Navin

MALDREAD
I honestly don't think their relationship will be any different than it is now. Serena may be more comfortable around Ash which would be a good thing and an improvement overall, but I don't think we'll be getting AmourShipping moments regularly even by mid-XY. I'll just remain cautious about AmourShipping in general because I think it's developing really slowly and at this point I don't expect to see much progress.

Yeah, if they're going to make SatoSere a subplot, it should at least come across as one (like Pokeshipping back in Orange Islands). Few and far hints scattered across the series would be rather disappointing considering the platform SatoSere received from the get-go.

I don't think Amourshippers here should fret though - the series is only 11 episodes old.

AshSerena

Im more excited for the preview of episode 13, since we know this thursday , its all about that pokemon and ash
and btw the info for the episode 15 already out : check on this site http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_XY_series_episodes
the tittle is ハリマロンVSマフォクシー!ダイエットバトル!?
Harimaron VS Mafoxy! A Diet Battle!?
(not sure if this legit summary or its fake )
A gluttonous 'Spiny Nut Pokemon' Harimaron eats too much and ends up with a fat belly. As such, it ends up battling Satoshi's Pokemon for to get some exercise after eating. But its belly is heavy, and its movements slow, so it ends up losing to Keromatsu and others. Worried that its health might be in danger, Citron, a Trainer, invents an Exercise Gear for Harimaron.
thats for episode 15 summary :

this one for episode 14:
(Satoshi and friends find themselves rained on along their journey, and decide to enter a mansion they saw passing by to take shelter from the rain. Nobody seems to be around in the mansion, but it turns out to be a mysterious place where the door locks itself, and lights turn themselves on. Meanwhile, Team Rocket also enter the mansion to take shelter from the rain. While scared of the mysterious phenomena in the mansion, they proceed further in, when...)

and this one for episode 13 :
(Satoshi ends up battling the Pokemon Trainer Premier, and challenges her 'Intertwining Pokemon' Nymphia with his 'Bubble Frog Pokemon' Keromatsu. Premier tells Satoshi 'If I win, then go out with me!', and Satoshi ends up losing to Nymphia's Attract. As promised, Satoshi ends up being taken by her to the nursery she works at. The children are very happy to see Pikachu, but one boy named Randy is scared of Pokemon and won't come close.)

credit for Bluesun for translating this

Last edited:

YagamiNoir4896

and this one for episode 13 :
(Satoshi ends up battling the Pokemon Trainer Premier, and challenges her 'Intertwining Pokemon' Nymphia with his 'Bubble Frog Pokemon' Keromatsu. Premier tells Satoshi 'If I win, then go out with me!', and Satoshi ends up losing to Nymphia's Attract. As promised, Satoshi ends up being taken by her to the nursery she works at. The children are very happy to see Pikachu, but one boy named Randy is scared of Pokemon and won't come close.)

credit for Bluesun for translating this

Sigh, thank the lords it was just Ash following Premier to her nursery, instead of a real date, that would've been bad. Still I can't wait to see Serena's reaction though, and somebody needs to post the screenshots of the xy 13 preview tommorow. By the way, can you link me to this information so I can have an insight as well? I know Japanese.

AshKetchup64

TEH PHIR3
Anyway, the Premier episode will be fun. :)
Yaaaay, the break is almost over, finally an episode, maybe Serena will make Ash's costume.
I think they have something hidden in their sleeves, Serena didn't appear much in the New Year Special.

PokeHero96

Anyway, the Premier episode will be fun. :)
Yaaaay, the break is almost over, finally an episode, maybe Serena will make Ash's costume.
I think they have something hidden in their sleeves, Serena didn't appear much in the New Year Special.

I certainly hope they are hiding something, no doubt it will be big if they are hopefully again
as for tomorrows episode, I'm pretty excited for it, I'm truly hoping there will be hints, or just some small little scenes of them together, maybe if she did make the costume, she could do a little introduction, she could say "sorry for the wait, but I've finally finished it, introducing! ScatterAsh!" okay so she probably won't mix the names but hey that when Officer Jenny just tilts her head in an awkward way, and and slumps aha!

Lorde

I really have no expectations for AmourShipping moments in the upcoming episodes. I'm just going to watch them for the sake of keeping up with current events, but I won't pretend to expect great Ash and Serena interactions. If there are some then I'll be really surprised and pleased, but I think it's bad to look forward to an episode just because of possible AmourShipping hints. It sort of takes the fun out of watching the anime if we keep our expectations high for more shipping stuff and then get disappointed in the end when none happen imo.

I really have no expectations for AmourShipping moments in the upcoming episodes. I'm just going to watch them for the sake of keeping up with current events, but I won't pretend to expect great Ash and Serena interactions. If there are some then I'll be really surprised and pleased, but I think it's bad to look forward to an episode just because of possible AmourShipping hints. It sort of takes the fun out of watching the anime if we keep our expectations high for more shipping stuff and then get disappointed in the end when none happen imo.

dude i think ur bieng too negative and not giving this a chance majority of serenas purpose was to find ash and at this point we all know she has even the slightest feelings for ash if they didnt want any of this to turn into a relation they would have abandoned serenas crush on ash. just hope and be patient

Lorde

dude i think ur bieng too negative and not giving this a chance majority of serenas purpose was to find ash and at this point we all know she has even the slightest feelings for ash if they didnt want any of this to turn into a relation they would have abandoned serenas crush on ash. just hope and be patient

I'm being patient while at the same time not getting my hopes up too high. I just don't see the point of expecting AmourShipping moments to happen in every episode if it means that we lose sight of everything else that happens in the anime. I don't want to blindly assume that every episode will bring Ash and Serena closer because that's not going to happen; the recent XY episode had no AmourShipping hints and I'm sure we'll get more episodes like that in the future where nothing happens between Ash and Serena. At best we'll be getting small hints in every other episode, but I don't think it's realistic to expect those small hints to further develop AmourShipping. What we really need are more episodes like XY007, so I'm just waiting for that.

I'm being patient while at the same time not getting my hopes up too high. I just don't see the point of expecting AmourShipping moments to happen in every episode if it means that we lose sight of everything else that happens in the anime. I don't want to blindly assume that every episode will bring Ash and Serena closer because that's not going to happen; the recent XY episode had no AmourShipping hints and I'm sure we'll get more episodes like that in the future where nothing happens between Ash and Serena. At best we'll be getting small hints in every other episode, but I don't think it's realistic to expect those small hints to further develop AmourShipping. What we really need are more episodes like XY007, so I'm just waiting for that.

i agree with you this whole amourshipping shoudnt intervene with everything else thats not to say i dont want them together i really do and i really hope this turns into something but i can see where your coming from

Lorde

The best case scenario would be Ash and Serena settling together, but I'd settle for them sharing a kiss at the end of XY. I think it would be a very romantic gesture and something that the anime has needed for a long time. I think the writers would be more likely to have this happen than to go all the way and have Ash and Serena get married since it seems unlikely to me that the anime will end when XY concludes imo. I'd at least like for Ash to realize how Serena feels about him and for him to reciprocate those feelings with a kiss and go from there.

Navin

MALDREAD
how do all you guys want this ship to end

If SatoSere comes across as well-written and with good chemistry, then yeah canonicity or heavily-implied canonicity would be the way to go. Confessions & a promise (if Ash's story continues) or end-game stuff (if Ash's story ends [20th anniversary perhaps]).

If SatoSere comes across as poor and forced, then I rather Serena moves past her feelings for Ash (perhaps realizing Ash's chief priority is to be a Master) and departs focusing on her goals while letting Ash continue with his.

AshsPikachu

I want Ash to finally be the one to reveal his feelings. (For some reason it would make me happy if HE was the one to confess first... even though most likely it would be Serena.) Hopefully they can even share a kiss or at least a hug or something.

Queequeg

I don't want it to end. Can't wait for the new episode tomorrow after such a long break! Hope we get some decent interactions between satoshi and Serena.

Last edited:

Lorde

I want Ash to finally be the one to reveal his feelings. (For some reason it would make me happy if HE was the one to confess first... even though most likely it would be Serena.) Hopefully they can even share a kiss or at least a hug or something.

I understand the desire to see Ash confess his feelings to Serena instead of the other way around since it would be more special if Ash did it considering how he usually doesn't express himself that well. It would just mean more if Ash was the one who revealed how much he cares about Serena in my opinion. At the same time though, it would probably be very out of character of him given that so far he hasn't shown as much interest in Serena as she's displayed for him. It's still possible that it might happen, but my bet is on Serena being the one who confesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.