• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Aker

Man, we're still arguing about this? Look, I know some people think Serena's aggression took something special away from this ship, but I don't believe that's the case here. In fact, an argument could actually help bring them closer, maybe help them realize how much they need the other. I still don't know what their big argument could be about, but I'm pretty sure the resolution will end in a big hint. Maybe even from Ash's side!

I'm still not sure why some people think Serena getting after Ash in this episode "takes something away" from their relationship. I mean, it's not a new concept..most anime's have the love interest of the MC get mad at whatever he may do. I found the scene kind of cute? I dunno maybe it's just me.

It's also worth noting she's the only one in the group to have gotten upset or disheartened with him. Clemont and Bonnie sure don't.

yeah... And Serena has shown her Sassy mode against Rapper bros. Nikola & Tesla in Ep. 20. Shitoron also was victim of her sassiness and frustration against "boring stones" in the Amarus and Amaruruga episode. So Serena being sassy towards Satoshi and other boys isn't such a big deal to me

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
I find it the hand slap to be fine, I mean scenes like those where Serena and Ash have a bit of conflict because of food gives us pretty funny interactions and chemistry. I wouldn't call it an argument because it's pretty minor. I for one don't think the two should have any bickering episodes because it's a bit OoC for Serena to argue about something silly with Ash because she is more mature than that. The only reason she got mad at Millifeui was because she was insulting her abilities as a baker and was fishing for reactions from her. Ash and Serena just have a gag where Ash annoys her slightly with his need for food because Serena is the one baking. So it's not really anything.

Teebu

I'm still not sure why some people think Serena getting after Ash in this episode "takes something away" from their relationship. I mean, it's not a new concept..most anime's have the love interest of the MC get mad at whatever he may do. I found the scene kind of cute? I dunno maybe it's just me.

It's also worth noting she's the only one in the group to have gotten upset or disheartened with him. Clemont and Bonnie sure don't.

It's actually pretty realistic for pokemon land, plus it would make it seriously dull if they didn't pull each other up on stuff from time to time. Both characters are far from perfect.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Is Serena coming "out of here shell" too early, too late, or at the right time?

She's making steady progress thus far in my opinion. Personally, I'd love for her to open up a bit more quickly to get AmourShipping moving faster, but slow and steady wins the race I suppose. As long as she eventually breaks out of her shell and Ash takes notice of her, I'll be satisfied. :p

Graham Aker

It's actually pretty realistic for pokemon land, plus it would make it seriously dull if they didn't pull each other up on stuff from time to time. Both characters are far from perfect.

Not to mention, no relationship is perfect. She got upset at him when he was scoffing down cookies in XY007, called him a glutton in XY016, got annoyed with him when he blew her and Fennekin up in XY021, was exaspperated by his silly attitude in XY023, and got after him three times recently. That hasn't changed her feelings towards him. He just does stupid crap often. Most of these istances were just for laughs anyway.

Not sure why people want Serena sweet on Ash all the time..

Would be funny though if she gets another love rival that has the same fondness to food like Satoshi. Maybe a bit dense like him as well and Serena would mistaken her for having a thing for Satoshi.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I'm actually perfectly ok with Ash and Serena having some little conflicts, once in a while. It's more realistic and can show some interesting reactions from both, hopefully from Ash's part.

I just hope that the eventual bickering episode won't be during a Tag Battle. I'd like it to be more unique and to have some kind of meaningful impact on the characters.

zhixun

Not to mention, no relationship is perfect. She got upset at him when he was scoffing down cookies in XY007, called him a glutton in XY016, got annoyed with him when he blew her and Fennekin up in XY021, was exaspperated by his silly attitude in XY023, and got after him three times recently. That hasn't changed her feelings towards him. He just does stupid crap often. Most of these istances were just for laughs anyway.

Not sure why people want Serena sweet on Ash all the time..

I think the reason is that Serena sees Satoshi as a hero, so people might think that Satoshi is too good to be hard on him.

If Serena does not do anything that potential spoil their relationship then it is fine in my opinion.

--VIRGO--

Heh, Character bios shall stay neutral in famous and well received sites like Serebii and Baulbapidia. That's the reason bios' author from both sites doesn't add Serena's crush. But indeed Pokemon Fan and KuchiKomi characters' relation table confirmed the half canon crush. So, 'tisn't big deal after all.

Bulbapedia seems to suport pokeshipping at any cost. But never mind.

What I want to said. I can't agree with you. Character bios should primarly say facts about character. And everybody agree that Serena's love towards Ash is quite important part of her character. And I am not saiying there should be a lot of text about her crush. But one simple sentence like: "She has special feelings for Ash", "She is a girl who is in love with Ash" or simple "She appears to have crush on Ash" in information about her personality, one simple sentence would be very enough. And being offended by that is like being offended by the fact that grass is green and blood is red. No matter how much we like it or not facts are facts.

BecauseI'mBatman

Chill dude, why are you all over him? I don't see why you're making a big deal about it.

Moving on, I thought it was a good read overall, and I'm glad Serena anime-wise sassed Ash. Just don't overdo it in excess writers, it would lose it's charm. I'm actually looking forward to their argument episode.

My intent was constructive advice, not condescending criticism - I save *that* for the Gotham City riffraff. It would be a sad day when Batman is no longer motivated by a desire to help others.

And even if Robin and I have our spats sometimes, it doesn't make us any less a great team. In fact, when that sort of thing happens, it prevents us from becoming complacent, which if allowed could cause disastrous results. This is true no matter who the partners are or what kind the relationship is (*cough*topicpairing*cough*).

ashsfuture

At least Serena's feelings for Ash doesn't stop her from being upset with him at times which is ok, most relationships have faults, but little things like this make Ash and Serena's bond even stronger cause of how they deal with these faults. I mean even on Ash's part to not even get upset with Serena when she was sassy towards him about the cake was another way of seeing how much he's matured. Now there is nothing wrong with Serena being shy around Ash from time to time, but she will have to open up as well if she's ever going get Ash to notice her feelings, cause as of right now Ash still needs to get used to her sassy side, which he's handled well so far.

I mean Serena already used to Ash when it comes to his kindness, determination, love of food, pokemon, training, and gym battles, since episode XY 25 Serena IMO seemed to understand how Ash feels emotionally when it comes to his training and gym battles, which is another thing that's special about Serena's feelings for Ash. She also follows his words "Never Give Up Until The End"

Ash is used to Serena's love for fashion, baking, and out of all his female companions Serena has been the nicest to him and him as well towards Serena. Also Ash has shown a side of himself that I don't think he has with any other female companion, he's been shy around her. Now it's true that the XY saga has brought some major character development on Ash's side even on his bond with Serena.

Now another thing Serena could do to progress Amoushipping is maybe admit to someone about her feelings for Ash, but who would it be?

Look at all this support this shipping is getting, all I'm saying is everyone here is supporting this shipping in their own way and that is amazing and to every Amourshipper that's a part of this thread or in any other way towards Amoushipping thank you! There's also one fanfic I think you should read called "The Way To Ash's Heart"

Last edited:
Ahahaha! TF2 is awesome.

I'm not very fond of taeuknam fics. Most of them seem OOC or not descriptive enough (sorry taeuknam) but otherwise that would sound like a grand idea. However, the fic you mentioned DID inspire my fanfic 'Dream Mist'.

ArmoredMaster: Wait... u mean the dream mist fanfic with a lot of hilarious yelling in chapter 5 & ash attempting suicide?! if thats the case, let the super gaming bros reply!

(SGB LPing Kirby's epic yarn)

Johnny: so matt how has ur internet life been doing lately?

Elliot: (Nearly falls into a pit in-game) sh*t! (press A)

Matt: well i was looking up amourshipping & i came across some dissucion. user ArmoredMaster replied to user PotSmuggle & another user replied to armored. that user said that the fanfic armored mentioned inspired him to create another fanfic armored saw. Not only is the Serena taking the hit for Ash thing becoming everyone's idea wh*re, but i bet armored is going crazy about it now!

Elliot: (still not free from bubble in-game) HEY! SOMEONE POP ME! POP MY CHERRY ON THE SUNDAE!

Johnny & Matt (syncronized) NO! NO! NO!

ArmoredMaster: Hahaha! i love the Super Gaming Bros!

Last edited:

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
^ If Ash is to become a Grand Duke to rematch Grant, beat Diantha (as impossible as it sounds), mega evolve Charizard, and get Serena; he is in for some serious character development. The writers are handling him well and they know where he is at a lot better than the previous team making BW. He is already going/gone through a lot of development that he deserves in this series so getting into a relationship with Serena is more than a possibility.

@ArmouredMaster Ahahaha! SGB is awesome.

inb4 paradox

Last edited:
ArmoredMaster: Wait... u mean the dram mist fanfic with a lot of hilarious yelling in chapter 5 & ash attempting suicide?! if thats the case, let the super gaming bros reply!

(SGB LPing Kirby's epic yarn)

Johnny: so matt how has ur internet life been doing lately?

Elliot: (Nearly falls into a pit in-game) sh*t! (press A)

Matt: well i was looking up amourshipping & i came across some dissucion. user ArmoredMaster replied to user PotSmuggle & another user replied to armored. that user said that the fanfic armored mentioned inspired him to create another fanfic armored saw. Not only is the Serena taking the hit for Ash thing becoming everyone's idea wh*re, but i bet armored is going crazy about it now!

Elliot: (still not free from bubble in-game) HEY! SOMEONE POP ME! POP MY CHERRY ON THE SUNDAE!

Johnny & Matt (syncronized) NO! NO! NO!

ArmoredMaster: Hahaha! i love the Super Gaming Bros!

Yep, that was the one. :) taeuknam's fic came before mine, and after I read it, I decided to expand on the idea of 'Serena dying' and make a full book about it. I find it rather interesting because I don't think I've seen Ash react to somebody dying before, or has he?

Yep, that was the one. :) taeuknam's fic came before mine, and after I read it, I decided to expand on the idea of 'Serena dying' and make a full book about it. I find it rather interesting because I don't think I've seen Ash react to somebody dying before, or has he?

damn! now thats something! i saw both fanfics before even coming to this forum! & i gotta say, both are really good, though the 1st is way too short!

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
I think the wrist slap was a little OOC for Serena. I mean, I know she's sassy, but damn!

I'd say that this was character development, it was a soft slap and we all know how sassy she is around her mum. Who can't forget "Well something unbelievable has happened to my face, okay?", and the slap is a sign that she is more comfortable around Ash and co, as is the scene where she scolds Ash for not knowing who Diantha is (I say scolds, but that might even be over-exaggerating).

I posted this on another thread, but I really want Conway to make a cameo. Remember how creepy he was around Dawn? He could definitely notice Serena's crush and tease Ash about it. Too bad he probably won't be making a return, with ORAS being the trend.

Vriska Serket

Clemont FTW
I'd say that this was character development, it was a soft slap and we all know how sassy she is around her mum. Who can't forget "Well something unbelievable has happened to my face, okay?", and the slap is a sign that she is more comfortable around Ash and co, as is the scene where she scolds Ash for not knowing who Diantha is (I say scolds, but that might even be over-exaggerating).

I posted this on another thread, but I really want Conway to make a cameo. Remember how creepy he was around Dawn? He could definitely notice Serena's crush and tease Ash about it. Too bad he probably won't be making a return, with ORAS being the trend.

Speaking of Dawn, if she did make a cameo this region (Which I doubt but I love Dawn ok ;~;.) I could see her helping Serena out with her crush and trying to hook the two up. =O Or at least ship tease the two a lot, it seems like something Dawn would do. :3

zhixun

Speaking of Dawn, if she did make a cameo this region (Which I doubt but I love Dawn ok ;~;.) I could see her helping Serena out with her crush and trying to hook the two up. =O Or at least ship tease the two a lot, it seems like something Dawn would do. :3

I think Hikari is not too interested in Satoshi but I would like to see her return. Literally her return in BW is almost to nothing I think. Also Serena can ask some questions about Hikari's Pochama as the group saw a few Pochama in XY022. Hopefully Hikari could do some contests with Musashi.

Status
Not open for further replies.