• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
I think you should be careful against Amourshipping in an Amourshipping thread.
Don't mean to offend you but I got an infraction when I posted about Amourshipping in Geekchicshipping thread.

I've gotten neg reps before here as well. Nothing new.

A question as an answer to a question is not an answer. Do what you want, there's no point in arguing with people like you.

Very poetic. Exactly, keep staying positive about this will turn out.

We are here because we support/like/curious with the ship. I know that you're just being realistic and all but you could have just deliver that in a way it doesn't sound too negative or offending to others.

Didn't I say the best ending that could happen is a Contest-like ending? Sounds pretty positive to me.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
I've seen a lot about the picture scene, but not so much about the O_O scene, which in my opinion is the more mysterious of the two. Any thoughts?

The o.o scene may be more mysterious but there is less context to work with. I honestly think Korrina probably did something weird or unusual and Serena doesn't have a proper reaction to it, though that wouldn't fully explain Ash's reaction.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Does size matter in terms of shipping? Other than the lingering stereotype that the man is supposed to be bigger than the woman? Don't drag blatant stereotypes about a hetero relationship into a ship where we're talking about an anime, where some logic can be literally thrown out the window.

I was just making a point. The way you are saying it sounds like you are against me even telling what I think about it.

Takeshino

武 志信
I know where you are getting at.
I dunno about the spanish subs but based on my little nihonngo knowledge, the reason why Satoshi asked Koruni to travel with them is because he wants to learn more about mega-evolution and traveling with her is a good opportunity about it. It's kind of a different case when he asked Serena to travel with him. He asked Serena because he knows that they'll be able to help out each other along the way.
I'm aware of that, and I didn't mention it because I was in a hurry, but i still, it is interesting to know that it is the second time he asks a female companion to travel with them, something that he didn't do in earlier series...
And about what i said before, please don't count on it too much, as Spanish is my Fifth language (english is Fourth), and I'm only 14 :)

--VIRGO--

No sarcasm intended, very well said. But then again, you don't need to apply logic to anime/cartoons.

Well. According to my logic Pokemon has its own logic. Nobody said that teal life logic and Pokemon world logic must be the same. Pokemon has their own laws and logic. 10 yo are mature. They have right to travel around the world, become, whoever they want, have a wife/husbant. And I'm applying logic to anime, but its own.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFgmPMt7H4I My first words about the finished work "How did he do that?"

Last edited:
I'm aware of that, and I didn't mention it because I was in a hurry, but i still, it is interesting to know that it is the second time he asks a female companion to travel with them, something that he didn't do in earlier series...
And about what i said before, please don't count on it too much, as Spanish is my Fifth language (english is Fourth), and I'm only 14 :)

TBH, I don't think Serena was the first one who he asked directly to travel with him. Remeber that back in the BF saga that Satoshi asked Haruka to travel together with him. The only difference is that, Haruka is not a stranger to him back then while with Serena, it will be their first journey togeher.

Oh and don't worry, I'm not taking it too much. ;)

ashsfuture

TBH, I don't think Serena was the first one who he asked directly to travel with him. Remeber that back in the BF saga that Satoshi asked Haruka to travel together with him. The only difference is that, Haruka is not a stranger to him back then while with Serena, it will be their first journey togeher.

Oh and don't worry, I'm not taking it too much. ;)
well I know Ash asked may to travel with him, but that was after their journey though hoenn,(like you said) the thing is this is the first time Ash has asked a companion to travel with him on their first journey together considering the fact that Serena and Ash knew one another briefly during their childhood, but the joy behind this is two friends who haven't seen one another in years reunite and get to share something special together.

Last edited:

szmty

THIS CITY IS OURS!

Don't worry, you're right on that. Trust me, I think I watched the same subs (ReyAnime perhaps?). It's quite impressive that you have knowledge on at least 5 languages nevertheless.

Well. According to my logic Pokemon has its own logic. Nobody said that teal life logic and Pokemon world logic must be the same. Pokemon has their own laws and logic. 10 yo are mature. They have right to travel around the world, become, whoever they want, have a wife/husbant. And I'm applying logic to anime, but its own.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFgmPMt7H4I My first words about the finished work "How did he do that?"

I just find that "you'll never grow up" thing very weird. I can understand that 10yo means mature in the Pokémon, but I just can't cope with the fact that characters can't grow up. I can accept that in a series with negative continuity, like in most American cartoons, but in an anime like Pokémon which is built with positive continuity, having your characters be the same age all the time is frustrating. It's no longer an acceptable break from reality.

I don't think that Ash and Serena being 10 could damage any possibility for the ship to happen. Their age isn't really important for the plot anyway, and I could see them having a "Puppy Love"-like relationship, which do happen quite frequently in animated series. Although it will still hurt when you remember their age.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Don't worry, you're right on that. Trust me, I think I watched the same subs (ReyAnime perhaps?). It's quite impressive that you have knowledge on at least 5 languages nevertheless.

I just find that "you'll never grow up" thing very weird. I can understand that 10yo means mature in the Pokémon, but I just can't cope with the fact that characters can't grow up. I can accept that in a series with negative continuity, like in most American cartoons, but in an anime like Pokémon which is built with positive continuity, having your characters be the same age all the time is frustrating. It's no longer an acceptable break from reality.

I don't think that Ash and Serena being 10 could damage any possibility for the ship to happen. Their age isn't really important for the plot anyway, and I could see them having a "Puppy Love"-like relationship, which do happen quite frequently in animated series. Although it will still hurt when you remember their age.
You hit the nail on the 'age' factor.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy

I think, to some extent, we just need to not think about their age as a factor, especially when the series itself goes back and forth on the subject and age, as you mentioned, has little impact on the plot. I mean this is a universe where 10-16 year old kids run facilities, given another creature to feed and take care of, and they never explain how anything is ever paid for!

......oops, sorry about that. Point is, age might as well be a non-factor, especially how they don't look 10. And honestly, even when he first began, I'd consider Ash much more mature than a 10 year old. So him and Serena having some type if "cutesy puppy love" doesn't seem that weird to me. The bigger factors are Ash's personality and Serena ever confessing.

Yeah... that's weird in some case. In negative continuity series, technology time seems to flow, but characters doesn't grow. And another thing that identify those class of series are that their episodes are kind of autoconclusive and they aren't related to each other. Most of American cartoons and "comedy-slice of life" animes like Sazae-San, Doraemon & Crayon Shin Chan enter in this type of series.

Pokemon is an anime with positive continuity (Very much like Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inazuma Eleven, Hokuto no Ken, etc), where each episode, aside from fillers, despite someones being stand-alone episodes, is kinda related to each other, specially gym battles, monster capture, minor tournaments, leagues and villanous plots and some episodes leaves consequences into the future. However time doesn't seem to flow, and that makes all that issue into continuity. So, the "non-growing" issue will affect, in some way, negatively into SpaghettiShipping (it's contagious the new name).

However there are also some very longrunning animes that had their timeskip too late into story. One Piece is an example. After about 500 episodes the time skip occurred. Hunter X Hunter is very likely to have one when the manga returns, given an important plot was accomplished (Gon has already met his dad, that was his lifetime goal, and this is the equivalent to Satoshi winning a league and beating the regional champion, but his journey is only beginning after that). So, if Satoshi wins Kalos League and wins against Karune too, that doesn't mean he's gonna be a Pokémon master. Hidaka Masamitsu's 2005 interview statement about Pokemon going to end when Satoshi wins Pokemon League was plainly debunked when Staff introduced champions league into Diamond & Pearl series. So, there's a chance to have a timeskip given the conditionals.

In that scenario, there's also a possibility Amour (or least likely other Sato Shippings) will go canon, if the conditions are the appropiate for that.

Jrzfine

Dennis the Menace

Doctor: Congratulations, Serena. You are having twins.

Serena:
[IMG139]https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-d.ak/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/p240x240/10433898_844652165563117_4636469999564581305_n.jpg[/IMG139]

Satoshi: Well it's not that bad. Err, right, Serena?
[IMG139]https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-b.ak/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/p240x240/10301603_844652182229782_6570109723902632128_n.jpg[/IMG139]

Doctor: Did I ever mentioned that you're the father, Satoshi kun?
[IMG139]http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/compositions/103469855/views/1,width=280,height=280,appearanceId=95.png/yao-ming-face-t-shirt_design.png[/IMG139]

Satoshi:
[IMG139]https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-f.ak/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10372783_844652125563121_609125940569108235_n.jpg[/IMG139]
I don't think I've ever laughed this much on a forum post before.

Koruni: Okay everyone! Smile like this. :D
Eureka: Oh, okay. Like this, right? :D
Citron: U-uh- l-like this? *awkward smile* :D
Serena: (Oh, Would I look good on this photograph? I'm standing next to Satoshi. I hope it turns out well. Do we look like a couple here? Ugh, calm down, Serena. It's just a group photo. I should give my best smile.) :)
Satoshi: ( I'm hungry. Wonder what's for dinner tonight?) :)
Pikachu: (I'm too cute for this.) :D
Dedenne: (I'm too small for this)
Lucario: (I'm Lucario!)

Later that day:

Serena: *Blushes* (Oh, it turned out so good. Those three looks cute smiling like that while me and Satoshi shared the same smile *Giggle*)
Koruni: Hey, I thought I said to smile like this? :D How come you and Satoshi are the only one smiling differently? Though you looked cute together. You guys are like a couple. *Giggle*
Serena: Whaa!? N-no! Don't get the wrong idea, Koruni! I-it's just a coincidence! Honest.
Koruni: Oh really? *Suspicious looking eyes*
Serena: Oh. >///////<
So CUTE! *squee* Make it happen, Nintendo.
I've gotten neg reps before here as well. Nothing new.

Very poetic. Exactly, keep staying positive about this will turn out.

Didn't I say the best ending that could happen is a Contest-like ending? Sounds pretty positive to me.

While Contestshipping was far from a negative ending, it wasn't a cannon relationship. Heavily implied, sure, but that's all it ever amounted to. I'm here because I see such potential in this ship to break the pre-established rules and bounderies of the series, to break past implications and enter the cannon universe. Plus, Ash is so friggin dense, I really want to see some development of that side of his character.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
While Contestshipping was far from a negative ending, it wasn't a cannon relationship. Heavily implied, sure, but that's all it ever amounted to. I'm here because I see such potential in this ship to break the pre-established rules and bounderies of the series, to break past implications and enter the cannon universe. Plus, Ash is so friggin dense, I really want to see some development of that side of his character.

Somewhat the same reason as I am here, though I have my doubts it will ever amount to anything. I just feel that the writers can do something with the XY season. The series itself has been more character and story driven over the years, and with Team Flare (who has to be one of the best teams in my opinion) I feel the show can take another mature step.

szmty

THIS CITY IS OURS!
Yeah... that's weird in some case. In negative continuity series, technology time seems to flow, but characters doesn't grow. And another thing that identify those class of series are that their episodes are kind of autoconclusive and they aren't related to each other. Most of American cartoons and "comedy-slice of life" animes like Sazae-San, Doraemon & Crayon Shin Chan enter in this type of series.

Pokemon is an anime with positive continuity (Very much like Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inazuma Eleven, Hokuto no Ken, etc), where each episode, aside from fillers, despite someones being stand-alone episodes, is kinda related to each other, specially gym battles, monster capture, minor tournaments, leagues and villanous plots and some episodes leaves consequences into the future. However time doesn't seem to flow, and that makes all that issue into continuity. So, the "non-growing" issue will affect, in some way, negatively into SpaghettiShipping (it's contagious the new name).

However there are also some very longrunning animes that had their timeskip too late into story. One Piece is an example. After about 500 episodes the time skip occurred. Hunter X Hunter is very likely to have one when the manga returns, given an important plot was accomplished (Gon has already met his dad, that was his lifetime goal, and this is the equivalent to Satoshi winning a league and beating the regional champion, but his journey is only beginning after that). So, if Satoshi wins Kalos League and wins against Karune too, that doesn't mean he's gonna be a Pokémon master. Hidaka Masamitsu's 2005 interview statement about Pokemon going to end when Satoshi wins Pokemon League was plainly debunked when Staff introduced champions league into Diamond & Pearl series. So, there's a chance to have a timeskip given the conditionals.

In that scenario, there's also a possibility Amour (or least likely other Sato Shippings) will go canon, if the conditions are the appropiate for that.

I don't think Pokémon is fit for a time skip. If anything, it should have been done already, possibly between OS and AG or between AG and DP. Instead, characters should have grown up continuously (albeit at a lower pace than real life, of course) from the beginning of the series. A time skip needs the proper circumstances, and since Satoshi/Ash's adventure never really stops (he'll immediately go to the next-gen region), I can't conceive a point in the anime where such a time skip can be done.

CUUUURSE YOU BW001!!! YOU THREW 14 YEARS OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT TO THE TRASH CAN!!!

nameman

While I don't really ship characters, I can say this ship is rather cute in and of itself. I'll lurk and read what is said here.

Also, I don't know if anyone's noticed or not, but this thread has passed all of Pearlshipping's threads as the thread with the most pages. Congratulations to all of you.

zhixun

I don't think I've ever laughed this much on a forum post before.

So CUTE! *squee* Make it happen, Nintendo.

I agree with you since it is time for a change now. At least a hug will be enough to show his improvement towards romance.

Artist is using either a drawing tablet or Cintiq. It's easy to use with Paint tool Sai once you get the hang of it. If only you knew how much I wanna have one of those two but damn, they're far too expensive. ;_;

Shaman King also has a late time skip. I brought it up because some people think that kids cannot be on a romantic relatioship. Yoh and Anna were already engaged at the age of 10. Bakugan's Dan and Runo were also in a romantic relationship in an early age. Even though they're different animes, the chances of it happening isn't impossible as long as the writers could see an opportunity.

Besides, Hidaka (Or was it Shudo? I forgot) mentioned in his interview/blog that being 10 in the series is already considered as a matured age.

Anyway, age isn't really much of a big deal now. A lot of anime/cartoons out there have romance in them even if it's a minor thing. Besides, amourshipping has been heavily implied at a very short time so if they're giving it a push then why the heck not. Would be pretty scumbag of them if they just brush it off considering how much push they've given the ship this early. A little romance wouldn't hurt anyone.

As for the matter of hugs and kisses. Hugs in anime; possible. Kisses in anime? Well chances are slim but not impossible. Heck if they were able to pull this in the show: https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/z-1-sconte...485_838303289531338_7314590871670532050_n.jpg, then why not a little kiss on a cheek. Or at the very least is a hand kiss. That's not too sensitive for younger audiences so I think they can pull that off.

PS: I'm still kinda bothered by the fact that professor Platane almost kissed a girl who looks younger than him. Sure, it didn't go that far but that would already leave an idea to most viewers. To think that they can pull a stunt like that. Even Takeshi wasn't like that before. :p

Last edited:

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
I don't think Pokémon is fit for a time skip. If anything, it should have been done already, possibly between OS and AG or between AG and DP. Instead, characters should have grown up continuously (albeit at a lower pace than real life, of course) from the beginning of the series. A time skip needs the proper circumstances, and since Satoshi/Ash's adventure never really stops (he'll immediately go to the next-gen region), I can't conceive a point in the anime where such a time skip can be done.

CUUUURSE YOU BW001!!! YOU THREW 14 YEARS OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT TO THE TRASH CAN!!!

The best idea I can ever think of for some type of Time Skip is if Ash actually one a league, then trains to fight against the Elite Four and the Champion. I can't imagine a greater battle than Ash vs Diatha. Mega Gardivoir vs Mega Charizard Y (I don't know why, but I feel that if Ash's Charizard ever Mega evolved, it would be Y form and not X). Even then, i can't imagine the slip would be anymore than a few months.

Crap, need to add something amour related.....

What do you guys think Serena's reaction would be meeting any of Ash's former female traveling companions? I think she would get along with Iris and May the most. Don't know about Misty if she hits Ash and I imagine she and Dawn wouldn't leave a clothes store for a while XD

The best idea I can ever think of for some type of Time Skip is if Ash actually one a league, then trains to fight against the Elite Four and the Champion. I can't imagine a greater battle than Ash vs Diatha. Mega Gardivoir vs Mega Charizard Y (I don't know why, but I feel that if Ash's Charizard ever Mega evolved, it would be Y form and not X). Even then, i can't imagine the slip would be anymore than a few months.

What do you guys think Serena's reaction would be meeting any of Ash's former female traveling companions? I think she would get along with Iris and May the most. Don't know about Misty if she hits Ash and I imagine she and Dawn wouldn't leave a clothes store for a while XD

Based on what I've observed in XY030. If Serena has no problem of Satoshi and Koruni getting along very well with each other (Being glutton together, getting hyped and doing tag battles), I don't think she needs to get worried about the previous companions.

Some people may not agree with me on this but she has nothing to worry about Kasumi. The way how I see her relationship with Satoshi is a Big sister/Little brother relationship. For Haruka, can't say too much TBH but considering how she loves romantic stuff, she may give amourshipping a push. For Hikari, if she has no problem seeing Satoshi and Koruni getting along quite well, then I don't think she also needs to worry about her relationship with Satoshi. As for Iris, well it's the same with Kasumi except that it's a little sister/big brother relationship.

If you've noticed, the only time that Serena freaks out (XY013), get worried (XY021), intimidated (XY026) or get jealous (XY026) is when a girl takes a liking or interest (Or at least she thought) on Satoshi or if Satoshi gives a sign of liking (but again, just in her head) a girl.

So far, I don't see any signs of any of the previous heroines flirting/doing any signs of romantic stuffs with Satoshi.

Last edited:

szmty

THIS CITY IS OURS!

Serena: (In her thoughts) "Oh my God!... I can't believe Ash has been with so many girls! How could he... CONTROL YOURSELF! IT'S NOT THAT WAY!" (Cue intense blushing)

Dawn and Serena are very similar in personality, so I guess they'd become BFFs almost instantly. With May, she might just befriend her, but that'd be it IMO. Misty and Iris are much more tomboyish, so I don't think they'd agree on many things.

Status
Not open for further replies.