• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragonfangirl

Satorrina? Korroshi? AuraShipping? WhatIsThisRomanceYouSpeakOfShipping? No clue, lol.

I doubt Korrina's gonna fall for Ash. Every other confirmed crush a girl has had on Ash was been evident after 2 episodes of interaction at the most ( I'm thinking Anabelle and Serena specifically). Korrina has been way too wrapped up in 'Mega Shinka' so far, and hasn't shown any hints whatsoever. Plus, if that Spanish blog is correct, we will have a recurring love rival shortly.

It took an entire arc for Angei to fall for Ash back in the D / P series and she was kind of the same type Ash was too.
Another recurring love intrest? LOL, has to be Shauna the in coming rival. LOL If Ash becomes a pimp in this series.

Koruni would probably tag along until she and Satoshi have their gym battle. But since the upcoming episodes would focus more on Lucario and mega-evolutions, I think she'll be sticking for a longer time.

If my impression of her is right, being dense like Satoshi, she'd probably give him a quick peck on the cheek before they part ways. Not because she has feelings for him but because she just felt like doing it out of happiness and because of how tight their bonding as trainers is. Or if kiss is forbidden in the show, maybe a tight hug or a cheek to cheek rub thingy that would make Serena sharpen her chainsaw freak out, jealous, worried, sassy, tsundere, you name it.

Jrzfine

Dennis the Menace
It took an entire arc for Angei to fall for Ash back in the D / P series and she was kind of the same type Ash was too.
Another recurring love intrest? LOL, has to be Shauna the in coming rival. LOL If Ash becomes a pimp in this series.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Angie showed signs of liking Ash two episodes after her debut. Also, the entire arc only lasted four episodes :p

Inferno792

Food Wars
Meh, don't think so. Korrina hasn't shown any real interest in Ash in a romantic sense. Granted that could easily change in the next few episodes but I doubt it. Korrina seems to be very much focused on pokemon battling, just as much as Ash, if not more so. Though if she does develop feelings for Ash, I don't know how interactions between her and Serena will go since Korrina has really only interacted with Ash to any extended length. At best, Serena and Korrina are accuaintances at the moment. Doubt they would go into any hostile territory with each other, yandere jokes aside Serena hasn't shown a hint of jealousy when it comes to girls and Ash. Panic, yes. Annoyance, yes. Jealousy? Not really, unless you count that moment with Millefeui asking Ash abouts future brides. And Korrina just seems to be way too happy go lucky to get worked up over something like that.

Also, we would have to consider just how long Korrina is going to travel with the group. I doubt she will become a permanent traveling member, not only for the unlikely senario of her grandfather holding the gym while she is gone (speaking of which, just who is running the gym while the two are gone?) but the fact that her Lucario with Mega Evolution will most likely be insanely powerful, it is almost some unspoken anime law that such a powerful character can not travel with our group of heros, less her Lucario instantly destroys every attempt of Team Rocket and any other problems they may have that isn't Ash's own battles. Though Korrina as a permanent group member does sound appealing.....

I think that was an overstatement. Lucario won't be insanely powerful. There have been stronger Pokemon Ash had like Sceptile, Charizard, Infernape, etc travelling with him.
But yeah, Korrina is probably leaving after XY34. I don't think she is there in XY35.

ANLProbe

I think this is the first real hint which she meant to do on purpose, since all/most of the others are Serena blushing or getting jealous.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
Lol, yeah man that 5 year old girl must have sanitized that handkerchief to sterility..

Serena said she washed it in XY007. It's weird how I remember these things.

If a handkerchief scene is happen again, it will be towards the end of the series, so it has some nostalgia.

zhixun

Serena said she washed it in XY007. It's weird how I remember these things.

If a handkerchief scene is happen again, it will be towards the end of the series, so it has some nostalgia.

May be they are going to have a meal by that time then Satoshi took out that handkerchief. Some flashback about their adventure starts from that when Serena looks at it.

saadine

Pokemon xy has been filled with soo much hints between ash and Serena and were only 30 episodes in. Its so much better than best wishes

The only complaint I have in the inconsistentcies in the character drawings. I mean whose taller ash or Serena??

zhixun

Pokemon xy has been filled with soo much hints between ash and Serena and were only 30 episodes in. Its so much better than best wishes

The only complaint I have in the inconsistentcies in the character drawings. I mean whose taller ash or Serena??

I agree about the size discrepancies between the characters. Sometimes Satoshi is shorter than Serena such as in XY009 at Limone home and sometimes they are at same height just like the group photo.

That's the thing though. The artists seemed to not give much details on their heights. There are times that Satoshi is taller than Serena and vice versa.

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
This is normal. Most likely there are several teams of animators working on different episodes
simultaneously. You can often see subtle variation in style and proportions the main characters
are drawn throughout the series.

szmty

THIS CITY IS OURS!
Very funny after dialogue was added to each character. I am not sure who Pikachu is referring to.

I suppose it's referring to Ash? lol
I read that with 1KidsEntertainment's Pikachu voice

----

I wasn't 100% sure that we'd see a hint in XY031. Oddly enough, the scene that seemed most open for interpretation (Serena with big open eyes) was actually non-related at all. I never expected to see the hint coming during the photo set up. I laughed hard when I noticed what happened. Also, is Bonnie looking at Serena moving or at Clemont nervously shaking? I've only watched the scene once and I remember her telling him to stop acting like that, but I can't remember if that was before they set up the camera or during the shoot.

Anyway, it was a very good episode overall. I genuinely liked that TR had barely any interaction with the twerps this time, after many episodes of TR continuously appearing. They should do more episodes without them.

While it seems that next episode will focus only in the Lucario vs. Pikachu battle (which BTW will be more violent than the usual fare), I wouldn't rule out the possibilities of any hint from happening, considering the hint that we had back in XY025. Although I do think the probability is quite low, anything could happen at this point in the series.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
I suppose it's referring to Ash? lol
I read that with 1KidsEntertainment's Pikachu voice

----

I wasn't 100% sure that we'd see a hint in XY031. Oddly enough, the scene that seemed most open for interpretation (Serena with big open eyes) was actually non-related at all. I never expected to see the hint coming during the photo set up. I laughed hard when I noticed what happened. Also, is Bonnie looking at Serena moving or at Clemont nervously shaking? I've only watched the scene once and I remember her telling him to stop acting like that, but I can't remember if that was before they set up the camera or during the shoot.

Anyway, it was a very good episode overall. I genuinely liked that TR had barely any interaction with the twerps this time, after many episodes of TR continuously appearing. They should do more episodes without them.

While it seems that next episode will focus only in the Lucario vs. Pikachu battle (which BTW will be more violent than the usual fare), I wouldn't rule out the possibilities of any hint from happening, considering the hint that we had back in XY025. Although I do think the probability is quite low, anything could happen at this point in the series.

Bonnie is looking at Clemont, she says "Onii-Chan!" so she is refering to him about how nervous he is. At first I also thought that maybe she noticed Serena, and would have been funny if Serena was caught and quickly moved away from Ash with him confused, or if the writers really wanted to put in another hint, have Serena come up with the excuse that she is "Getting Ash more into the picture" grab his arm, and pull him more into the center while still holding his arm.

Yes, having Team Rocket barely in the episode was refreshing. TR is a bit too much of a running gag, and gets more annoying than funny. Especially when we want more CD for all of our characters, and TR comes in and takes up 10 minutes, if not more, of the episode.

The next few episodes seem to be focused on Korrina, so we will probably get like one small hint, if that.

Inferno792

Food Wars
That's the thing though. The artists seemed to not give much details on their heights. There are times that Satoshi is taller than Serena and vice versa.

i guess he will be shown to be taller than Serena later in the series just like it happened in AG.

chalkus

But what good are hints without a payoff? It would be a waste if at the end they part ways and she either doesn't tell him how she feels or he rejects her. At least Best Wishes made it clear nothing was going to happen.

zhixun

But what good are hints without a payoff? It would be a waste if at the end they part ways and she either doesn't tell him how she feels or he rejects her. At least Best Wishes made it clear nothing was going to happen.

That is the worst scenario if Serena leaves Satoshi by the end of this series. They should have travel together at least for the next saga in my opinion.

Takeshino

武 志信
I've posted it already, but it seems no one noticed it...
I've noticed something, after serena's looking at the picture and humming, Ash called her in a more friendly and playful manner than usual... Did you guys notice that???

Inferno792

Food Wars

It will probably payoff. Otherwise, we might not get gen VII anime.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy

That is the worst scenario if Serena leaves Satoshi by the end of this series. They should have travel together at least for the next saga in my opinion.

That is my main issue with how there are so many hints from Serena, but after the beginning of XY, she doesn't make that much of an effort to try to get Ash to notice her feelings, though that can be understandable of her either trying to understand her own feelings (doubtful since she seems, especially after XY 31, to be perfectly aware of her feelings) or just trying to get comfortable around Ash. I hope that she actually takes steps to get closer to Ash and hint towards him that she likes him instead of these little things we can only see.

I've posted it already, but it seems no one noticed it...
I've noticed something, after serena's looking at the picture and humming, Ash called her in a more friendly and playful manner than usual... Did you guys notice that???

Eh, not really. I didn't notice any real change in his voice, and all he really did was call her over. Maybe it was his excitement to go in search of the Lucarionite?

Status
Not open for further replies.