• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno792

Food Wars
I think that's a bit extreme. As long as there is a gen 7 game, there will be another season.

What I suspect will happen is that they will give us hints galore up until the last episode when they have to go their separate ways. Then Serena will either confess, or more likely, will make suggestions as to how she feels, which Ash will incorrnctly interpret and it will end on the most oblivious note ever.

I meant that there won't be any popularity or anyone watching the anime.

Finished watching XY31. Would it be fair to say that today's hint is the one of the strongest, if not the strongest so far? I mean, she clearly moved closer to Ash on purpose and then was blushing at the picture :D

I'm really liking how the writers are handling the crush so far. It's only 31 episodes in out of 200~ (this series is looking like AG/DP pace) and it's basically canon on Serena's side. There is plently of time for Ash to have his own hints.

Not the strongest, but definitely one of the strongest.

Last edited:

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
I suppose it's referring to Ash? lol
I read that with 1KidsEntertainment's Pikachu voice

----

I wasn't 100% sure that we'd see a hint in XY031. Oddly enough, the scene that seemed most open for interpretation (Serena with big open eyes) was actually non-related at all. I never expected to see the hint coming during the photo set up. I laughed hard when I noticed what happened. Also, is Bonnie looking at Serena moving or at Clemont nervously shaking? I've only watched the scene once and I remember her telling him to stop acting like that, but I can't remember if that was before they set up the camera or during the shoot.

Anyway, it was a very good episode overall. I genuinely liked that TR had barely any interaction with the twerps this time, after many episodes of TR continuously appearing. They should do more episodes without them.

While it seems that next episode will focus only in the Lucario vs. Pikachu battle (which BTW will be more violent than the usual fare), I wouldn't rule out the possibilities of any hint from happening, considering the hint that we had back in XY025. Although I do think the probability is quite low, anything could happen at this point in the series.

I could see a small hint again as well, and I also like that TR didn't waste half of the episode. BTW, I couldn't stop laughing throughout that video you posted the link to.

You all might know me as Pokeshipper9000, but not anymore.
I've opened up to more shipping.
And now...I did not know this day would ever come, but
I kinda ship Ash and Serena, but mostly on Serena's side.
I think it's a cute ship :D

Welcome, nice to see more people getting involved with this shipping.

How would you feel if the writers dismissed Amourshipping at the end of Pokemon XY?

After expecting something big in the final episode and getting nothing, I would lock myself in my room for about a week, then travel to Japan and start a riot. This is only if they completely dismiss it without a single mention of the crush though.

Now, some people are saying that this photo scene could be the strongest hint yet, so I'll ask, "What do you think the strongest hint has been from both sides so far this series?"
Graham Aker's already given his thought on Serena, and I'll agree, I believe the end of XY026 with Millifeui was the strongest, and with Ash..... well we haven't got many have we? I'll say the stare from XY021, but that's still up for interpretation.

Last edited:
Personally, given the nature of the show being a typical "shounen" anime, I think Serena's crush wouldn't die down nor would she fall for someone else. Shounen animes don't give much complications nor twists when it comes to romance. If a heroine is introduced to have feelings for the MC, it remains as like that for the entire show. Romance won't also be brought up every episodes but if it has opportunity, they give various hints especially if it's in a filler episode.

For a shounen anime, Serena is the typical girl having crush on Satoshi but is shy to admit it so it's a one-sided love, which is pretty normal for this kind of show. But even so, she will always be there to support, cheer, worry and may even fight for his sake.

Confessions or serious relationships will not be made unless the writers/directors really wanted to push it that far like with the case of Yoh and Anna or even Goku and Chichi. But the crush dying down or getting friendzoned is less likely to happen. Right now, I see them much like with Naruto and Hinata or Echizen and Sakuno or heck, maybe even Luffy and Boa's case.

EDIT: I just wanna add

For a shounen anime, I think we are getting a pretty good amount and quality of hints here so I wouldn't worry about most episodes not getting any hints nor they are very subtle. As they say, quality over quantity.

But of course, not all these apply to every shounen anime so there might still be some exceptions.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
Also, is Bonnie looking at Serena moving or at Clemont nervously shaking? I've only watched the scene once and I remember her telling him to stop acting like that, but I can't remember if that was before they set up the camera or during the shoot.
No one noticed Serena doing that when they were getting their picture taken. Bonnie was glancing up at her brother because he was shaking with nerves from being in front of the camera lol.

Finished watching XY31. Would it be fair to say that today's hint is the one of the strongest, if not the strongest so far? I mean, she clearly moved closer to Ash on purpose and then was blushing at the picture :D

It's up there, but I'd have to say that Serena's biggest hint so far is undoubtedly when Millefeui threatened to steal Ash from her, as she was not in denial about her feelings for him (not to mention that was the hardest she had blushed so far)- which is more than can be said for the previous female companions.

BlueDragonfangirl

It's up there, but I'd have to say that Serena's biggest hint so far is undoubtedly when Millefeui threatened to steal Ash from her, as she was not in denial about her feelings for him (not to mention that was the hardest she had blushed so far)- which is more than can be said for the previous female companions.

Yah I agree, Millefeui episode was a big turn for this pairing. I hope she returns later, she'd cause more fun again :D

Do you guy's think shey'll return again?

Though if these rumors of a new love intrest coming in are true it's likely Shauna another rival for Serena.

I love the new hint, Serena getting closer to Ash in that photo, too cute :D
I want Serena to get a picture with just her and Ash next.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
Yah I agree, Millefeui episode was a big turn for this pairing. I hope she returns later, she'd cause more fun again :D

Though if these rumors of a new love intrest coming in are true it's likely Shauna another rival for Serena.

I kinda hope so too, for both a love rival and to give Serena a chance at more character development. And whether or not she will return is up in the air, but since she mentioned she could take Ash away, I think she will once Serena has found a goal for herself, and Millefeui will become her friend rival.

I honestly want to see Shauna really badly, she was a fun bubbly character in-game, so I can easily see her lighting up the group with her there. As for her being a love rival, it is either that or she teases the ever living hell out of Serena as she will no doubt notice. Ash and Clemont are too oblivious to notice, and I think Bonnie is just too young, regardless of her Brock-like antics on her brother's behalf.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ash? Hints? We haven't gotten any obvious hints from Ash since the OS at Poketech. I don't see Ash showing any hints until Serena gets some good ol' Character Development. :/ Kinda sad that Serena isn't like her in-game counter-part at all. Loved IG Serena, always made me feel bad when I beat her.

It's disappointing that anime Serena hasn't gotten much personal development and when she has, it's usually been something Ash-related. I wouldn't even have a problem with it if Ash himself was more involved with Serena during that, but that's not happening as quickly as I originally wanted.

BlueDragonfangirl

I kinda hope so too, for both a love rival and to give Serena a chance at more character development. And whether or not she will return is up in the air, but since she mentioned she could take Ash away, I think she will once Serena has found a goal for herself, and Millefeui will become her friend rival.

I honestly want to see Shauna really badly, she was a fun bubbly character in-game, so I can easily see her lighting up the group with her there. As for her being a love rival, it is either that or she teases the ever living hell out of Serena as she will no doubt notice. Ash and Clemont are too oblivious to notice, and I think Bonnie is just too young, regardless of her Brock-like antics on her brother's behalf.

I could see Serena trying a bunch of goals and her turning up as a rival for Serena each goal she tries and gets under Serena's skin even more flirting with Ash more :D

Isn't she a love rival or some thing in the games? I could see that for the Anime, lately it seems like they try to add in fluffy moments small or what. Than again I'm sure the X and Y writers would love to have add another girl to make help add more scenes like that :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
it would be enough proof that the writers care nothing for progression. I won't watch something that's never going to move forward.

But that's been the anime's issue from the start though; there's hardly any progression in the plot because the writers rely more on Pokemon promotion and marketing rather than on a solid storyline. I'd be mad too if AmourShipping was a tease all along in the anime, but not really surprised given the anime's track record. I'd still watch the anime though even if Ash and Serena don't become a real couple.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
But that's been the anime's issue from the start though; there's hardly any progression in the plot because the writers rely more on Pokemon promotion and marketing rather than on a solid storyline. I'd be mad too if AmourShipping was a tease all along in the anime, but not really surprised given the anime's track record. I'd still watch the anime though even if Ash and Serena don't become a real couple.

I know what you mean. It's just that it would be the last nail in the coffin for me, like if they kill Tyrion in GoT. There are just some lines that you don't cross, and this is one of them. I've given Pokémon too many chances, and this is the last one.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
It's disappointing that anime Serena hasn't gotten much personal development and when she has, it's usually been something Ash-related. I wouldn't even have a problem with it if Ash himself was more involved with Serena during that, but that's not happening as quickly as I originally wanted.

Yeah, Serena just seems to be there just to be there. The main character development I want to see is something involving that phrase of theirs "Don't give up until the end!" and the hankercheif. Either Ash or Serena (I'd prefer Serena) to get down by something (Ash losing a Gym Battle again or Serena trying a goal and does horrible) and the other supports them through it.

If it is Ash supporting Serena, I can see Serena gaining more confidence within herself and getting more moxie. If it is Serena supporting Ash, it may be that push to put Serena onto his radar and thinking about why she is there with him. Though considering the things Dawn did in DP to cheer Ash up at times (the circus show thing), I don't know what Serena would have to do.

I could see Serena trying a bunch of goals and her turning up as a rival for Serena each goal she tries and gets under Serena's skin even more flirting with Ash more :D

Isn't she a love rival or some thing in the games? I could see that for the Anime, lately it seems like they try to add in fluffy moments small or what. Than again I'm sure the X and Y writers would love to have add another girl to make help add more scenes like that :D

That is what I was thinking for the most part, have her show up at the perfect time to mess with Serena.

Shauna was kinda of a love interest in the games, though she seemed to care more for just making good memories with her friends. I can see her teasing Serena and playfully flirting with Ash, maybe even playfully flirting with Clemont just for laughs.

I am actually wondering how Trevor and Tierno will act, as we don't get too much of their personalities in-game, and if either of them will get a crush on Serena and if Ash will notice.

Inferno792

Food Wars
I know what you mean. It's just that it would be the last nail in the coffin for me, like if they kill Tyrion in GoT. There are just some lines that you don't cross, and this is one of them. I've given Pokémon too many chances, and this is the last one.

True. And the writers haven't taken such kind of thing seriously before XY.(romance).

Last edited:

Jrzfine

Dennis the Menace
I'd quit because it would be enough proof that the writers care nothing for progression. I won't watch something that's never going to move forward.

Agreed completely. The writers have already proven that they are well aware that they are shipping the two together and have taken measures to set up Amourshipping scenes which cannot be interpreted any other way. Honestly, if not for the Amourshipping hint, what was the purpose of the group taking the photo? Anyways, if they still choose ;to do nothing with this ship, then every single Ash x Anyone shipper will know that the writers are too scared to incorporate romance into their 'golden' formula; The same formula that got them such great ratings in Best Wishes. I believe the quote 'Now or never' fits extremely well here; Unless Amourshipping is resolved in some way that does not include Ash remaining completely oblivious to Serena's feelings, the Pokemon anime will never incorporate romance into Ash's character.

Try and prove me wrong. I dare you. I really do wish I was, but I just can't see it any other way.

So umm....It got too quiet again. I guess the hype for XY031 has died down at least for a bit.

Anyway, the english dub for XY020 is airing later. That episode also contains a group picture. Too bad they got interrupted by Zakuro.
[IMG139]https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/z-1-scontent-b.xx/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10437366_847524558609211_5832453536083746025_n.jpg[/IMG139]

zhixun

So umm....It got too quiet again. I guess the hype for XY031 has died down at least for a bit.

Anyway, the english dub for XY020 is airing later. That episode also contains a group picture. Too bad they got interrupted by Zakuro.
[IMG139]https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/z-1-scontent-b.xx/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10437366_847524558609211_5832453536083746025_n.jpg[/IMG139]

Quite funny that Citron was quite confident compare to last episode. I wonder Serena would still slide towards Satoshi if Zakuro did not interrupt the photo taking.

--VIRGO--

Well. Judging from the new intro Shauna is going to appear in XY after all. However we don't know what kind of personality she will receive. She just might be casual rival in the Kalos League. I wouldn't take the game into suggestion that much.

Millefeui?. I think she will. She looks to me, like Georgia-Burgundy combo. And the way she appeared in XY027 makes me think, Serena has a full time rival. I think Serena needs her to catch Ash in some way.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Agreed completely. The writers have already proven that they are well aware that they are shipping the two together and have taken measures to set up Amourshipping scenes which cannot be interpreted any other way. Honestly, if not for the Amourshipping hint, what was the purpose of the group taking the photo? Anyways, if they still choose ;to do nothing with this ship, then every single Ash x Anyone shipper will know that the writers are too scared to incorporate romance into their 'golden' formula; The same formula that got them such great ratings in Best Wishes. I believe the quote 'Now or never' fits extremely well here; Unless Amourshipping is resolved in some way that does not include Ash remaining completely oblivious to Serena's feelings, the Pokemon anime will never incorporate romance into Ash's character.

Try and prove me wrong. I dare you. I really do wish I was, but I just can't see it any other way.

I have to agree with you. If Amourshipling remains unresolved, then shippers can kiss goodbye to any and all ships from that point on. After all the effort the writers have gone through to push Amourshipping, it'd become impossible to believe that the series will ever go through the effort to move forward. This also means that Ash will probably never become Pokémon Master, since the writers would seem too caught up in their own formula. This is their last chance to show the viewers that they're ready to go one step further, to show us that they're willing to go somewhere with this. If not, then I'll simply give up on this show.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I have to agree with you. If Amourshipling remains unresolved, then shippers can kiss goodbye to any and all ships from that point on. After all the effort the writers have gone through to push Amourshipping, it'd become impossible to believe that the series will ever go through the effort to move forward. This also means that Ash will probably never become Pokémon Master, since the writers would seem too caught up in their own formula. This is their last chance to show the viewers that they're ready to go one step further, to show us that they're willing to go somewhere with this. If not, then I'll simply give up on this show.

How can we be so negative? I really like Amour, but it's not the end all shipping. How? It's possible they might move to new things. Why would he be one? He exists only for marketing now. They've had all of the anime to do that, BW did many new things. I'm on this show till I die.

So anyways, did anybody here think it was cute how Serena went through the effort to find the Battle Chateau for Ash?

And about that photo, she might've not. This was before Millefeui showed up and told Serena to up her game, or else Ash goes bye-bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.