• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so now that Millefeui voice actor is retired, could they get someone else to do her voice?(aside from that), this week probably will be Korrina's last focus episode until the gym battle figuring that she might stay and train with the old lady and mega maville until she and lucario master mega evolution, also I'm hoping for some big character development from Ash in the mirror episode!

The saddest thing about Saori Hayashi retiring from voice acting is that it was because she has a very deep depression and she was trying to suicide. Sad for her.

Regarding to amour things, I think I'm the one there wouldn't be hints in the "Namekku-sei world" Mirror world episode (Nise-Satoshi seems to be Yuriika transformed). Howevah, I have my hopes put into the summer camp arc.

Chianti

4 / 9 / 2014
It did work, ya know back when the writers had talent. Actually, Pokèshipping and ContestShipping were subplots in their respective series, and the former had it's own subplot in a movie. But I won't go any further.

Atsuhiro Tomioka, one of the current writers, has been around since late AG, when ContestShipping was a larger sub-plot. He's written romance into the anime before. The writers know what they are doing - have confidence in them! It may not be One Piece, but hey, it's a fun and lighthearted Anime that I love.

Ya don't say? Or he'll never know since I don't see the writers putting any effort into that. If by mature you mean stale Ash, then you're right.

While Ash isn't nearly as reckless and headstrong as he used to be, that doesn't mean he is stale. He still has his bold moments. I do appreciate the fact that Ash is actually taking account 5 regions worth of experience, and is becoming more tactical in battle. (Rock tomb tomb, anyone?)

Some might interpret it as fanon hints, in fact I've seen you deny other shippings despite having even more hints than Amour, but that's off topic.

Most hints for other shippings are things friends do, such as high-fiving for PearlShipping or cheering for one of his companions. These really aren't hints. I will admit, Poké and Contest did have some solid hints. It is your personal opinion if they are fanon hints, but in mine, they are not.

So the point is that I'm losing a lot of faith in the writers to conclude this in a way that'd make everybody happy, if Amour is canon, then many would complain about her lack of development. If it's not and Serena hasn't found a goal, then she's wasted potential. After all, it's all too predictable seeing that Gen VII's anime will have to advertise the new games, and Serena wil be dropped from the cast.

We aren't even one six/seventh of the way through the show. I will admit, my patience is being tested. She will get development soon, and a goal soon enough. Gosh, I don't even know what I want to do with my life yet. Gen VII doesn't even exist yet, so I'd rather spend my time debating about things that are applicable right now. When Gen VII is announced, then we can start worrying. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't happen. I respect your opinion, and I admit, my expectations may be a bit too high. We need to balance skepticism and positivity here. And maybe I should stop being so serious about it.

so now that Millefeui voice actor is retired, could they get someone else to do her voice?(aside from that), this week probably will be Korrina's last focus episode until the gym battle figuring that she might stay and train with the old lady and mega maville until she and lucario master mega evolution, also I'm hoping for some big character development from Ash in the mirror episode!

Hmm, they might replace her VA, simply because Millefeui has only appeared once. (Oh my gosh, the poor thing! I hope she can get over her depression. <3) For main characters, that would be a problem. We actually aren't getting an episode this week, but I have no idea why. (Didn't Pokemon take up a double time slot recently?) I'm so glad Korrina is leaving, I loved the energy she brought to the group, but I'm a bit tired of her overshadowing everything.

Last edited:

jhanig

Hollow Back Dasher
They should just age Ash and let them become a couple. More experience pokemon trainer that actually made it past semi-finals of a pokemon league and into the Elite Four, then the Champion. Could be like Dragonball to Dragonball Z.

+ I always thought if there was ever an ending that Ash would be with Misty.. But since we're long past that, Serena seems like the best bet now.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
I thought Millifeui won't make a return until I saw the English sub and how she and Serena promised to become better next time they meet. I still think Millifeui will still return for another episode if she is in one of the already made episodes unless Shauna will take that 'love triangle' role. Also has anyone discussed about the heart her Bulbasaur made around her?

And for the love of god, stop mentioning Ash's age. I can argue that he is clearly not ten and that BW narrator was playing it safe for the long run of the show but even if he is ten, age doesn't tell us much in the Anime's universe. If you have been watching the anime at all then you should know this for certain. Ten year olds setting off on a journey through dangerous areas filled with violent Pokemon and Gangs without adult supervision is an easy example. So stop classifying him as a ten year old to show how he is not mature enough for romance when he is not acting like one and he hasn't been shown to be dense in the XY series. Mentioning his age gets off topic and floods the ship with negativity so please don't.

So what is the news on the Mirror episode and Shauna? I have been away for a bit so can somebody fill me in?

Typing with my phone, sorry.

zzz1000120

I thought Millifeui won't make a return until I saw the English sub and how she and Serena promised to become better next time they meet. I still think Millifeui will still return for another episode if she is in one of the already made episodes unless Shauna will take that 'love triangle' role. Also has anyone discussed about the heart her Bulbasaur made around her?

And for the love of god, stop mentioning Ash's age. I can argue that he is clearly not ten and that BW narrator was playing it safe for the long run of the show but even if he is ten, age doesn't tell us much in the Anime's universe. If you have been watching the anime at all then you should know this for certain. Ten year olds setting off on a journey through dangerous areas filled with violent Pokemon and Gangs without adult supervision is an easy example. So stop classifying him as a ten year old to show how he is not mature enough for romance when he is not acting like one and he hasn't been shown to be dense in the XY series. Mentioning his age gets off topic and floods the ship with negativity so please don't.

So what is the news on the Mirror episode and Shauna? I have been away for a bit so can somebody fill me in?

Typing with my phone, sorry.

To keep it short:
Mirror episode- the gang is at reflective cave and apparently there is a second ash that came out of the mirror. there is speculation that he is a crybaby or coward because of his pose in a scan also Serena looks annoyed.
Shauna- a scan of shauna and her bulbasaur with his/her vine shape as a heart posing. Some people believe that see is a potential love rival due to her relationship with Calem in the XY games. This is part of the Summer camp arc.

In other words, we got nothing new about the two situations.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
A bit off-topic yet somewhat AmourShipping-related bad news: Hayashi Saori, who voiced Millefeui in Pofflé contest episode, is retired from voice acting.
With this, the chance of Millefeui appearing on the show again (which is already low in the first place) becomes naught now. :(

How sad. I wanted her to be a recurring love rival that would test Serena's relationship with Ash, but alas. Hopefully that role will move to Shauna though and we'll get to see how Serena handles someone who potentially also likes Ash. That's my wish for future episodes anyway.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
To keep it short:
Mirror episode- the gang is at reflective cave and apparently there is a second ash that came out of the mirror. there is speculation that he is a crybaby or coward because of his pose in a scan also Serena looks annoyed.
Shauna- a scan of shauna and her bulbasaur with his/her vine shape as a heart posing. Some people believe that see is a potential love rival due to her relationship with Calem in the XY games. This is part of the Summer camp arc.

In other words, we got nothing new about the two situations.

Thanks for filling me in. I have always wanted to see the love triangle in the XY series. I am expecting to see some more speculation about Shauna after that scan photo so this will be fun.

zzz1000120

Thanks for filling me in. I have always wanted to see the love triangle in the XY series. I am expecting to see some more speculation about Shauna after that scan photo so this will be fun.

I think its a little too early to speculate about the Shauna being another love rival until we get more scans of the arc or at least a title for the episodes

Chianti

4 / 9 / 2014

SatoSana coming through! Yeah, I love bubbly and energetic characters like her. Hopefully she will stay back a bit more than Corni during the arc. While I understand that this arc was all about mega-shinka, did everyone really have to keep overshadowing the poor quiet girl? I'd love it if Serena was a bit more energetic. While the love triangle thing is a bit cliche and boring, if it's written well, it works. I'd love a unique spin on it, but this is Pokemon.

I think its a little too early to speculate about the Shauna being another love rival until we get more scans of the arc or at least a title for the episodes

It's a decent topic though, and much better than discussing Ash's age and the end of the saga. I didn't play as Calem in the games, (I finally chose the girl for once) so I don't know exactly how the romantic scene goes. I can somehow imagine Serena watching Shauna very closely. >> You may not get in a 10 feet radius of Satoshi.

Haha, this is going to be a really long wait for the next episode/movie. So, I've got a question for all of you. If the writers do implement the fireworks scene, would it be Satoshi and Sana, Satoshi and Serena, or all three? And how would it play out?"

BlueDragonfangirl

A bit off-topic yet somewhat AmourShipping-related bad news: Hayashi Saori, who voiced Millefeui in Pofflé contest episode, is retired from voice acting.
With this, the chance of Millefeui appearing on the show again (which is already low in the first place) becomes naught now. :(

Well, guess we could possibly have Shauna for that now any waysXD

I can't wait for the camp arc since it sounds like she's going to be crushing on Ash too, the competition should be fun.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
Shauna has an entertaining character, nicest companion who is annoying and random at times. The chemistry worked really well in the games. I choose Serena but I watched my brother play so I didn't miss the drama. Now the scan appears to show development for Serena, so maybe she will get more fleshed out and show more of the chemistry between her and the group because she hasn't gotten a chance to show it to us as a major focus before. I am sure if they do the love triangle, more Serena will be shown and her chemistry will really come out. It will be fun to see how she gets along with Shauna.

zzz1000120

There is one part of the scan that show Serena outside in the possibly looking out the stars and it made me think that it would be the perfect opportunity for a hint but I didn't see any blushing.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
Just watched the dub of XY021 and was pretty disappointed at the fact that they made Ash sound really dense saying Fennekin is cute and Bonnie saying 'I guess he sort of gets it' or something along those lines. It really sucks that they portrayed it like that.

Anyway, do you guys see any development and hints happening in what looks like a Serena focused episode in that scan? I would like Serena to get more episodes because people have some sort of hate going on for her but she really just hasn't gotten a chance and much focus episodes just yet (And I think it's an excuse to get mad at her from anti-amours but that's another story).

Anyway, what do you think? Maybe she will have really nice chemistry in the upcoming episodes.

nameman

I'm a little bored and I don't think this has been discussed yet, but here's a question:

What if Serena was to become friends with Ashley without realizing who "she" actually is?

Last edited:

Chianti

4 / 9 / 2014
Shauna has an entertaining character, nicest companion who is annoying and random at times. The chemistry worked really well in the games. I choose Serena but I watched my brother play so I didn't miss the drama. Now the scan appears to show development for Serena, so maybe she will get more fleshed out and show more of the chemistry between her and the group because she hasn't gotten a chance to show it to us as a major focus before. I am sure if they do the love triangle, more Serena will be shown and her chemistry will really come out. It will be fun to see how she gets along with Shauna.

I started typing this pos a few hours, just to now finish it. Sorry if I missed something.

From what I remember of the scan, the only Serena picture was the one in the top right corner of the Summer Arc scan. We might be talking about different scans, because I don't remember Serena gazing at the stars. If I'm not talking about the right scan, could one of you please link me?

Yeah, I'd like Serena to actually do something other than slide closer to Satoshi and blush. Not that I don't like the fact that we are getting solid hints, but just because as stated above, I'd like to see a bit more of her chemistry. And her sassy side please I think she and Sana would be friendly rivals. One minute they would be shopping for clothes, the next minute arguing over who gets to keep Satoshi. If they don't do the love triangle subplot, I'd like it if Sana had a crush on Trevor, and then Serena and Sana could talk and compare. But that just doesn't sound like Pokemon...

I'm a little bored and I don't think this has been discussed yet, but here's a question:

What if Serena was to become friends with Ashley without realizing who "she" actually is?

Serena could tell it was him. She knows what he smells like. That would be absolutely hilarious. However, if someone was to blow his cover, it would be Serena, that's for sure!

Last edited:

Tomiko

Ruler of Snow
To be honest, I'm a bit surprise Shauna is the one who got Bulbasaur and not Charmander instead. But on another note, I'm quite interested to see her role in the up coming episodes. If she's related to the camp episode then maybe she also knew Ash and Serena as a kid, possibly? But I would love to see a battle between her and Serena.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye

Just friends? Why not take it the whole nine yards and have her fall for Ashley as well? Why? Because Serena will always want da Ash, all facets of him, no matter who he is.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!

Well I'm pretty sure she wouldn't spill the beans about how she feels about Ash that quickly to "Ashley". She'd probably have to get very close with her, and then she would confess. That's where Ash finds out and jumps in.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
To be honest, I'm a bit surprise Shauna is the one who got Bulbasaur and not Charmander instead. But on another note, I'm quite interested to see her role in the up coming episodes. If she's related to the camp episode then maybe she also knew Ash and Serena as a kid, possibly? But I would love to see a battle between her and Serena.

I'd cheer if she knew Ash back then as well since that might mean that there's more to Ash and Serena's camp flashback, so that would be really neat in my opinion especially if it fleshed things out a bit more. Anything that solidifies Ash and Serena's relationship is welcomed tbh.

Popopoyotl

Offical Waterboy
I'd cheer if she knew Ash back then as well since that might mean that there's more to Ash and Serena's camp flashback, so that would be really neat in my opinion especially if it fleshed things out a bit more. Anything that solidifies Ash and Serena's relationship is welcomed tbh.

I have the feeling that if they ever did show anything more of Oak's Summer Camp, all it would amount to is Kid!Serena trying (and completely failing) to talk to Kid!Ash and thank him. Everytime she would get close to him or talk to him, randomness insues. My heart would go out to her in that case and it would be so damn adorable. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.