• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about that situation, and it's made me think. What if M Ash does have a crush on M Serena, and he tells Ash about it, which makes him start to think. The episode, even though him and Serena are separated, could still have large hints. Imagine if at the end of the episode, M Ash realises he doesn't actually like M Serena anymore, but real Ash has thought about it and now looks at Serena differently? It shows the mirror effects and has character development. Wish this would happen.

And loving the references to ATLA, greatest cartoon ever.

It's not an Avatar reference, because according to Pokemon X and Y, before entering Shalour City (Korrina's gym) the player goes through a section called "Reflection Cave", a cavern which has (you guessed it) mirrors in the walls. The writers would pull this off regardless of any references.

Anyways, the mirror episode, I wouldn't really expect anything tbh.

"But JJ! You're so pessimistic about the ship now anyways!" In this case, Pessimism is good. It avoids you from getting hurt or disappointed when something actually doesn't happen. It's a 50-50 chance, the chances between optimism and pessimism are equal.
But here, we haven't had a solid hint since what, ten episodes now? I'm really doubting the reliability of these writers with this subplot.

Chianti

4 / 9 / 2014
It's not an Avatar reference, because according to Pokemon X and Y, before entering Shalour City (Korrina's gym) the player goes through a section called "Reflection Cave", a cavern which has (you guessed it) mirrors in the walls. The writers would pull this off regardless of any references.

Anyways, the mirror episode, I wouldn't really expect anything tbh.

I believe Torterra was referring about the conversation of Avatar. It's a shame they separate in the episode, I felt as if the group should see eachothers' flaws and improve together.

"But JJ! You're so pessimistic about the ship now anyways!" In this case, Pessimism is good. It avoids you from getting hurt or disappointed when something actually doesn't happen. It's a 50-50 chance, the chances between optimism and pessimism are equal.
But here, we haven't had a solid hint since what, ten episodes now? I'm really doubting the reliability of these writers with this subplot.

Be glad there isn't a reputation system as of late, you'd get so many neg reps it wouldn't be funny. I have to second the pessimistic view. It makes life's joys sweeter and the sorrows easier because you expected them. Hints need to be well spread out, as it would make the hints worth a lot more. If we had Serena blushing in every episode, we'd be complaining. Just enjoy what we have for now, and good things will come.

ashsfuture

Well since episode 31 it's only been 4 episodes without hints, about the mirror episode I think since Ash is seeing different personalities of himself, Serena, and the others it would make him think back to how they are back in their world, but mirror Serena is very determined so what if (maybe but not likely) this Serena tries to open up to mirror Ash about her feelings for him, but has a hard time doing so cause the Ash she's with now is not the same Ash he was when they first met when they were little. Even so this episode probably won't have any hints(which is ok) since Ash and Serena will be experiencing Pokemon Summer Camp together like back then.

Be glad there isn't a reputation system as of late, you'd get so many neg reps it wouldn't be funny. I have to second the pessimistic view. It makes life's joys sweeter and the sorrows easier because you expected them. Hints need to be well spread out, as it would make the hints worth a lot more. If we had Serena blushing in every episode, we'd be complaining. Just enjoy what we have for now, and good things will come.

In my opinion, people only give negative reps because they are afraid of a thing called 'the truth'. It's human nature. They dislike whatever they don't agree with. As for negative reps, nothing on this site will change anything for me if I have a negative reputation. These comments show that I'm not blind and I have a sense of balance between a fictional shipping and what is actually canon. People only hate because they think of opposing views as their kryptonite. Let them hate, cause I don't give two flying f*cks.

Came to post for the first time here, but when I watched the X and Y episode where Miette tells Serena that she will confess her feelings to Ash first, my jaw literally dropped hard.
I can't believe Ash x Serena is actually becoming a thing.

Came to post for the first time here, but when I watched the X and Y episode where Miette tells Serena that she will confess her feelings to Ash first, my jaw literally dropped hard.

Welcome aboard!

Yeah this is definitely a first for the series- and if you ask me, that was without a doubt the biggest hint the writers have given us so far, as Serena wasn't in denial about her feelings for Ash (unlike the previous female companions).

SimplyMatt

Welcome aboard!

Yeah this is definitely a first for the series- and if you ask me, that was without a doubt the biggest hint the writers have given us so far, as Serena wasn't in denial about her feelings for Ash (unlike the previous female companions).

The only thing that is wrong with that is that we just don't know what Ash will do, he will probabily most likely just ignore it and Serena will get upset.

Midnight Reality

An interesting note is that Serena started taking Miette's advice (tell Ash about her feelings). Pre-XY026 hints, while very significant, were only reflections of Serena's character (i.e. having a crush on Ash). The hint with the picture, for example, in addition to reflecting Serena having a crush on Ash, also shows that she's making a statement of her feelings (albeit a small one; baby steps!).

The only thing that is wrong with that is that we just don't know what Ash will do, he will probabily most likely just ignore it and Serena will get upset.

True, as adorable as is when Serena blushes, this ship has been far too one sided- although I truly believe Ash was taking a step in the right direction when he asked Serena to travel with the group in ep7- since he was clearly nervous when asking her (which is quite unlike him), and the first time he had done so with a female companion- and also in ep21 when he was obviously checking her out in her Fennekin outfit.

Some will probably say that his answer to Miette's question about a girlfriend in ep26 officially trumped his aforementioned hints, but I personally don't think so- I'm pretty sure he's aware of the concept of romance (after all, he had to put up with Brock always flirting with women left and right for so long)- it's just not his main focus right now.

SimplyMatt

True, as adorable as is when Serena blushes, this ship has been far too one sided- although I truly believe Ash was taking a step in the right direction when he asked Serena to travel with the group in ep7- since he was clearly nervous when asking her (which is quite unlike him), and the first time he had done so with a female companion- and also in ep21 when he was obviously checking her out in her Fennekin outfit.

Some will probably say that his answer to Miette's question about a girlfriend in ep26 officially trumped his aforementioned hints, but I personally don't think so- I'm pretty sure he's aware of the concept of romance (after all, he had to put up with Brock always flirting with women left and right for so long)- it's just not his main focus right now.

Yea I mean there is no shortage in Serena's hints but in order for me to be convinced that this could happen would be that I have to see Ash give more hints then I'll be convinced. This story kinda in some ways sounds like ATLA, which gets me excited! :D

Chianti

4 / 9 / 2014
In my opinion, people only give negative reps because they are afraid of a thing called 'the truth'. It's human nature. They dislike whatever they don't agree with. As for negative reps, nothing on this site will change anything for me if I have a negative reputation. These comments show that I'm not blind and I have a sense of balance between a fictional shipping and what is actually canon. People only hate because they think of opposing views as their kryptonite. Let them hate, cause I don't give two flying f*cks.

Exactly. People seem to blow everything out of proportion and when something happens they don't like, they can blame it on other things. *sigh* I don't understand how people get so worked up over a fictional show.

Welcome! ^^ So many people join Serebii for SatoSere, hehe.

I like it one-sided as of now. It makes Satoshi's hints feel large-scale. He was aware in the subbed versions. I forget the exact lines, but Milli asks Satoshi if he has someone to take care of him, in which he retaliates with a simple no. I agree with the last sentence : he's aware of it, he just doesn't really care very much as of now.

Graham Aker

You guys think in the upcoming episode where Serena and Ash are shown falling, that there'll be flashbacks about how he saved her when they met as kids? THe scan implies they have to "combine their strength to get through a great pinch". It sounds like a good opportunity for some bonding, which they DO need more of.

You guys think in the upcoming episode where Serena and Ash are shown falling, that there'll be flashbacks about how he saved her when they met as kids? THe scan implies they have to "combine their strength to get through a great pinch". It sounds like a good opportunity for some bonding, which they DO need more of.

The flashback maybe would appear if one of them gets severely injured (I.E. a broken leg or a bleeding knee), so, the other would stand him. Aside from that, I don't think other scenario where the flashbacks would appear.

Graham Aker

The flashback maybe would appear if one of them gets severely injured (I.E. a broken leg or a bleeding knee), so, the other would stand him. Aside from that, I don't think other scenario where the flashbacks would appear.

Personally, I'm still wondering how they got in that predicament in the Serena vs Shauna episode that it seems to be a part of. Serena episodes usually have hints in them, so I'm wondering how they save each other...or will it be something predictable like a vine whip save from Bulbasaur and Chespin.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As things stand right now, I don't think that the cliff scene will be as AmourShippy as it appears in the previews/scans. It'll probably happen quickly and Serena will likely just thank Ash for saving her, which would be anti-climactic in my opinion since it seems like she's always being saved by him. I wish the tables would turn a bit soon like in XY007.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Honestly, still not expecting much at this point. Let's say XY is around 150 episodes for example. At the best there would be some sprinkles of hints here and there, but nothing big until I would say the 120 point in which if the writers are serious about this, they should be starting to push this around that point given Ash's gen plot with badges should be about done and on auto pilot so that other little subplots can get some development.

I wouldn't really prefer a huge influx of hints early on, as you'd kind of run of stuff to use to develop the ship.

So I'd rather just enjoy the series for what it is so far. It's only when I see Ash starting to break out of his Chaste Hero shell that I'd then really look into the ship. That's quite a push for the writers to even go into.

I think this ship has a nice background, with good development between the two. They have shown to affect one another in a positive sense, with their relationship only experiencing positive growth. Ash means a lot to Serena, and why people seem to be putting that as a flaw to her have maybe never been in a relationship? I've been in one for 5 years and what she is going through reminds me a lot of when I started to "fall" for my partner before getting together. She cares for him deeply, which I personally find beautiful. Ash might reciprocate this further down the road. He looks out for her as she does to him. She acts rather childish about her crush sometimes which I find funny. They're nice together, which is a good thing.
:3

I think this ship has a nice background, with good development between the two. They have shown to affect one another in a positive sense, with their relationship only experiencing positive growth. Ash means a lot to Serena, and why people seem to be putting that as a flaw to her have maybe never been in a relationship? I've been in one for 5 years and what she is going through reminds me a lot of when I started to "fall" for my partner before getting together. She cares for him deeply, which I personally find beautiful. Ash might reciprocate this further down the road. He looks out for her as she does to him. She acts rather childish about her crush sometimes which I find funny. They're nice together, which is a good thing.
:3

The only thing I hope... that if there was reciprocation, that wouldn't be rushed like the majority Shonen-lead/Shoujo-lead characters. Anime (and Tokusatsu to a lesser extenet) has a pretty bad track record with love supbplot development things (remember Son Gokuu x ChiChi relationship. Their canonness was totally rushed and with zero development. Another example, although this is a Tokusatsu, is in that "Trendy Drama Super Sentai Series who plagarized Gatchaman".. yeah, Choujin Sentai Jetman!! I'm talking about you and your rushed and undeveloped romance subplot thing). Basically, when animes or tokus are aimed mainly for children, that love subplot things are resolved out of the blue, in majority of cases with happy endings.

I only hope SatoSere would be developed, personally, I would hate to see a love subplot heavily advertised and promoted into anime being resolved in a rushed way like in majority of children oriented animes and tokusatsus.

The only thing I hope... that if there was reciprocation, that wouldn't be rushed like the majority Shonen-lead/Shoujo-lead characters. Anime (and Tokusatsu to a lesser extenet) has a pretty bad track record with love supbplot development things (remember Son Gokuu x ChiChi relationship. Their canonness was totally rushed and with zero development. Another example, although this is a Tokusatsu, is in that "Trendy Drama Super Sentai Series who plagarized Gatchaman".. yeah, Choujin Sentai Jetman!! I'm talking about you and your rushed and undeveloped romance subplot thing). Basically, when animes or tokus are aimed mainly for children, that love subplot things are resolved out of the blue, in majority of cases with happy endings.

I only hope SatoSere would be developed, personally, I would hate to see a love subplot heavily advertised and promoted into anime being resolved in a rushed way like in majority of children oriented animes and tokusatsus.
Yup, I agree. By going on how they're acting upon it now, I don't feel it being rushed at all. Ash has been shown to slowly grow on his liking towards Serena. It would be beneficial for the ship if he begins to continue the steady growth.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think the roadblock is Ash views all his female companions the same way. If anyone in-show ever asked Ash which female friend he liked best, I bet he wouldn't be able to say or would say something like, "I like them all equally."

Ash isn't the type of person to show preference especially romantically for a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.