• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could make anyone an Amourshipper, who would it be and why?

What do you guys think?
(Heh, if I'm being honest here, I'd say every previous companion of Satoshi especially the main heroines but I'm not gonna go into details to avoid conflicts)

Moving on, I'd say the blonde siblings so that they can help out Serena. I'm also hoping that Mache to be a supporter of SatoSere.

PokeHero96

Guys, can you stop with all the one line posts I'm seeing here. It's looking a bit spammy. Just add more onto your posts, that's all I'm asking.

You know, I've been watching the last episode in Japanese and it got me thinking of a topic for this thread.

I'm thinking Shauna. I think it would be interesting if Shauna picks up on Serena's crush on tries to push her into telling Ash about it, like Miette did. But Serena chickens out, saying she's shy and she can't tell him.

What do you guys think?

I'm thinking Bonnie, because them two have a clothes friendship. Plus Bonnie seemed to have noticed Serena acting a bit strange before.

Also, I'm hoping Shauna as well, for the same reasons. Plus it is said that Serena and Shauna become good friends in the anime, so it would make sense for them to talk about that kind of stuff (as well as other convocations, but you know what I mean) anyway, if Shauna notices her crush that is, or if Serena tells her herself, but in a different way, so not actually confessing that she loves Ash, just saying... "If you really like someone, but blah blah blah..." Just something like that obviously without the blah blah blah haha

EDIT - Oh yeah, 800 pages! Thats crazy aha!! :D

Last edited:

chicorita3

Yeah, it would be a bit too convenient for TRio to be around just when Ash and Serena fall down.

I actually think that a similar scenario will happen:

- Ash and Serena fall
- Ash manages to grab a protrusion or they fall on a little platform (probably unstable, just for the suspense factor)
- TRio rescue them

One would ask why Chespin or Bulbasaur don't save them with their vines, but it could be that Clemont and Shauna won't be around in that moment for whatever reason.

if they do fall and land, I think they might be in there for a while because what would the point of the fall be?

*edit* I believe you agreed to the same thing that I posted. sorry!

Last edited:
I'm not gonna expect highly on this possibility but this has been running on my mind for quite a while now. Anyway, I've been thinkin about how that fall would end up (Unless you tell me that TR will actually be the ones to save them during the fall, then disregard this)

This has been a very cliche scene but I picture Satoshi ending up hugging Serena during the fall (Similar to the Miare Tower incident) and use his own body to protect her from falling and instead ending up being the one injured then Serena gets worried a lot and try to seek help. Then after that is beyond me now.

PokeHero96

This has been a very cliche scene but I picture Satoshi ending up hugging Serena during the fall (Similar to the Miare Tower incident) and use his own body to protect her from falling and instead ending up being the one injured then Serena gets worried a lot and try to seek help. Then after that is beyond me now.

Funny enough, I had a dream like this aha! After the fall, Serena carried Ash around the forrest calling for help. By carried I mean one of Ash's arms around Serena's shoulder although it would be funny if she attempted to carry him bridle style Anyways... They found a small house, and found out an old man lived there, so he took care of Ash while Serena waited in the living room, worried. While Ash was recovering, Serena placed her hand on Ash's and told him something, I don't really remember what she told him, but thats all I remember from my dream.

Graham Aker

Serena asking him why did he risk his life to save her, and goddamit Ash you better answer something good, cause I swear if you say something oblivious like: "HEY WE'RE FRIENDS, RIGHT? I'D DO ANYTHING TO SAVE MY FRIENDS!" with the biggest dense grin on your face and a happy/upbeat tone on your voice, and make Serena feel bad and/or friendzoned, I don't know how but I will go and kick your *** back to the bottom of that pit.

Yeah, well...he kinda already did that with Angie, I believe. It just so happens it was in a Summer Camp setting too, and it saw Ash rescuing her. Though her statement was more "It was really amazing you saved me twice!". And Ash was like "Well, duh..we're friends." And it looked like it upset her a bit. Though only difference with the rescuing scene here is that Pikachu is absent. But yeah, not saying it will happen but your scenario isn't too far' fetched.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm glad that the AmourShipping hints in general are slowly picking up and that Serena's crush hasn't just been forgotten or neglected by the writers like I and probably many others feared. Still, at this rate unless something major between Ash and Serena happens within the next 50 episodes or so, I'm not sure if I should expect something momentous from AmourShipping by the end of XY.

edgehead011

I'm glad that the AmourShipping hints in general are slowly picking up and that Serena's crush hasn't just been forgotten or neglected by the writers like I and probably many others feared. Still, at this rate unless something major between Ash and Serena happens within the next 50 episodes or so, I'm not sure if I should expect something momentous from AmourShipping by the end of XY.

if only the writers would like at fan sites around the world lol, but ya the hints aren't neglected like in the past which i like, but if it reaches the end and they do nothing ill be writing a letter to the anime creator lol

so here's my question

how would you like serena admit to ash about her feelings towards him or vice versa if he wanted to admit it how would that scene play out for you?

jason0597

Who knows, we may get a Satoshi hint! It's been quite a while since pokevision and XY07. (Staring and cheek rubbing)
Those are enough for me. There has to be a reason for them to be in there.

how would you like serena admit to ash about her feelings towards him or vice versa if he wanted to admit it how would that scene play out for you?

Sorry if I may seem rude, but weren't we talking about this a couple of posts back?

edgehead011

Who knows, we may get a Satoshi hint! It's been quite a while since pokevision and XY07. (Staring and cheek rubbing)
Those are enough for me. There has to be a reason for them to be in there.

Sorry if I may seem rude, but weren't we talking about this a couple of posts back?

lol no problem, i havent been on in a couple of days i only got back on yesterday lol

if everyone did, then heres my question

if you could choose one person aside from ash and clemont and everyone they've met in the series so far to help serena become a better trainer who would it be?

and if this was asked already im sorry.

--VIRGO--

Guys, can you stop with all the one line posts I'm seeing here. It's looking a bit spammy. Just add more onto your posts, that's all I'm asking.

You know, I've been watching the last episode in Japanese and it got me thinking of a topic for this thread.

I'm thinking Shauna. I think it would be interesting if Shauna picks up on Serena's crush on tries to push her into telling Ash about it, like Miette did. But Serena chickens out, saying she's shy and she can't tell him.

What do you guys think?

I've got few types.
1) Alexa. It's because of XY006. Her reaction was quite ambiguous. However there is a chance, she noticed something back then.
2) Bonnie. Despite being a kid she is Serena best female friend. And there are things you can't even tell your love, but you can tell your best friend. And Bonnie is somewhat romantic kid.
3) May. Despite experience from AG, DP and BW series I've got a feeling that OR/AS games and because Dawn was present in last series gives XY very good opportunity to bring her back again in OR/AS outfit. I know about heer VA problems, but some time ago Jessie's VA was temprorarly replaced. So there is no reason of not doing it again. For our dear Hoenn Princess romance is part of her personality.

As for Shauna until we find out her personality more, I won't say anyting. I don't know japanese. But it seems, that her personality wasn't revealed much.

Last edited:

zzz1000120

What do you guys think?

1. Alexa. She notice that Serena gave Ash that spark Ash needed and it is possible that she might have notice a possible connection between those two.
2. Miette. I know that she has at least a 95% chance of never coming back especially to what happen to her VA, but if she does return she can be the one to push Serena to the point where she have/need to confess. Also she did notice the crush.
3. Bonnie. Well look at bingo0 reason.
4. Shauna. Slowly becoming best friends with Serena so she might notice her crush or Serena might tell her.

Other possiblities, but a high to unknown chance of not happening because of lack of information or not meeting the character, yet.
- Ellie. If Serena does become a pokemon idol/performer, she might meet her in person. If Serena perform a routine in front her to critique, Ellie might say that it was a great performance but notice something is off with her preformance and say that she holding herself back because of her hidden feelings for someone (Ash) or something in that nature.
- Olympia. Well many psychic trainers have these weird powers to sense their pokemon and other people emotions so it might be possible.

Last edited:

Chianti

4 / 9 / 2014

1.) My friends
1.) Fokko - Trainers have a special bond with their Pokémon. I assume Fokko has some knowledge of her feelings, but perhaps her trainer's motives are completely clear to her. I would totally love some sort of shipping gag with Fokko, as it would make the scene a bit more light-hearted.
2.) Eureka - Well, duh. bingo0 summed it up really well. Serena and Eureka basically live together, so she'd pick up on Serena's "odd" actions.
3.) Pansy - XY05 or 06 sealed the deal here.

Wow, 800 pages in almost (the thread was started in late September) a year. That's just insane.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Hey, Amourshippers. I've been watching the XY episodes and this pairing has been starting to grow on me. It's just so cute and the himts so far have been pretty solid.

Does anyone mind if I join this discussion?

1.) My friends

Haha, if only I could turn my friends into supporting the same ship as I do. Most of them don't even watch Pokemon but I do have one that does and she supports Pokeshipping actually. But she respects that I'm not a supporter of the pairings she supports.

I'm so looking forward to the next episode and I'm hoping we get some Amourshippy scenes :)

Topic time :)

This is a little tough but I'll give it a shot.

1. Definitely Shauna. I think it would be interesting if she noticed Serena's crush and tried to get the two of them together but Ash, little old dense Ash, has no idea what she means.
2. Professor Sycamore. Do I need to say anymore on this?
3. Serena's mother. She'd be the ultimate Amourshipper if I had a say haha.

They're the only ones I can think of now.

What do you guys think?

MY TOP 7 POTENTIAL AMOURSHIPPERS AND SHIPPING-BOOSTERS:
7. Clemont: Might notice something, talk to Serena or Ash privately about it, otherwise more introverted and reserved about this whole issue.
6. Team Rocket: WOW, HOW THE HELL DID THIS GET ON? IS THIS A TYPO? Oh, nvm. It wasn't. Anyways, with Team Rocket always mocking Ash, you never know where it may go; heck, maybe they'll end up calling Serena his 'little girlfriend'?
5. Mirror-Serena: Pretty obvious her quote to Serena makes her a qualified shipper, although we only saw her for one episode and possibly never again.
4. Alexa: Definitely has proven herself to be a possible Amourshipper, and actually one of the few to actually have an impact on the ship; being one of few to encourage Serena to travel with Ash.
3. Miette: Pretty bloody obvious, eh? Not sure about the whole 'love rival' thing, which got us hyped back into watching XY026, but what she had to offer didn't disappoint. Definitely a shipper, except for the fact SHE may have a crush on Ash as well.
2. Shauna: Need I say more?
1. Bonnie:We have seen that Bonnie HAS indeed been linked to getting her brother a girlfriend/wife, so definitely can easily overexaggerate this kind of thing. In fact, I think she can easily try to get these two together if all else fails with Clemont.

What do you guys think?

1. Agreed on Shauna. There is a part of me that's hoping in the night scene of the upcoming episode, she'll come out guns blazing by asking Serena if Ash is her boyfriend, but I highly doubt it- she may at the very least ask her if she likes him. Not that the litany of hints we've gotten so far hasn't convinced me (it doesn't take a genius to see that she really likes Ash), but surely I'm not the only one who's dying to hear it straight from Serena's own mouth?

2. Miette. Yes I know it's a long shot that she'll come back, given the situation with her VA, but considering that she was the first to pick up on Serena's crush- and let Serena know it at the end of that episode- it would make sense for her to further prod Serena into telling Ash how she feels.

3. Bonnie. She and Serena have already developed quite the sisterly bond- not to mention she was suspicious of Serena's behavior during Ash's battle with Grant at the Cyllage Gym, so it might not be long before she catches on.

4. Brock, if he were to come back. All his flirtatious ways with women considered, you can bet he'd pick up on Serena's feelings for Ash, and I'm sure nothing would make him prouder than for his old buddy to finally have a girlfriend.

800 pages already? Wow.

And welcome aboard SkyHigh, it's always nice to see new faces around here.

Last edited:

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
Here is my list:

#1 Pikachu

Pretty obvious why I would want Ash's favourite friend to be a shipper. It can make for some interesting scenes and he can push Ash further into the ship.

#2 Ash's Mother

Again, pretty obvious and self explanatory.

#3 Serena's Mother (Grace)

Same reason as Ash's Mother.

#4 Diantha

The anime looks like it's going to have a lot of Diantha in it with the plot focusing on both Ash training to succeed her and Team Flare. Diantha would be a good choice because she is important as the champion and the ship can be brought up at interesting moments.

#5 Valerie/Olympia

Valerie depends on if the writers decide to give her a romance based personality. The city the Fairy gym is in has a very romantic setting for the ship to develop on. Olympia because she is Psychic and can read emotions/see the future.

Random mentions:

Mega Guru

Sycamore

Blond Siblings

Shauna

TR

Korrina

Lysandre (lol)

PokeHero96

Well the episodes coming out tomorrow, so all our questions shall be answered! And I'm sure PK will update us on anything AmourShippy :)

Heres a question for our last waiting day (if that makes sense aha)
This question is to just let out your imagination, but try to keep it realistic.

What kind of scene are you hoping for if the cliff scene is extended to them being alone for awhile ??
sorry if this has already been asked

Nintendawg65

What kind of scene are you hoping for if the cliff scene is extended to them being alone for awhile ??
Well, for me I will keep it realistic to both characters. I would like to see him save her. They are kinda standing apart. Serena gives him a normal "Thank you", no blushing or anything. Ash says "No problem", taking a step forward...then his eyes wince in pain. His legs begin to limp leaving Serena questioning what is wrong. Ash slowly sits down with a pained expression, Serena rushes to him to see what is wrong. He points out that somehow his leg got scraped and injured. Serena feels awful, saying "Oh Ash. I'm sorry, if I wasn't so clumsy this would never had happened...". She looks down in a bit of sadness and regret, in which we then see Ash let out a small smile. He then says not in a necessarily romantic way, but still a kind sincere way "Hey Serena. Don't you worry about it! As long as you are okay, that is all that matters." At this point we see Serena's eyes widen, giving a little bit of a blush. She says "Ash, do you still have that handkerchief with you?" In which case he reveals he had always carried it in his pocket. He hands it over to her, and we see Serena wrapping his leg. Ash thanks Serena. She responds with, "Let's get back to camp." Ash stands up om his own, but still winces in pain with a slight limp. In which case Serena grabs his arm, and puts it around her so she can support him, saying "Common Ash, never give up until the end." Ash has a very small gasp, then smiles at the phrase he had once taught her. "Right." He says with a soft tone as the two of them walk back to camp together.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
You don't have to feel any hassle or rush at all.

Thanks, I'm still working on it. As I don't have internet at home, I can't post it right away unfortunately. I'm working on it though and I wanna say it's about fifty percent done :)

I don't see Serena telling Satoshi directly, even if she was panicked. Actually, she wouldn't be panicked, she could be stuck at the edge of a cliff with Satoshi for the rest of eternity. I wouldn't mind Serena telling him indirectly later on if Satoshi hadn't picked up on anything, as it may jumpstart his mind. I'd prefer that to nudges from others, personally.

I honestly can't see her even telling him about her crush, ever. She seems to be very shy and very cautious around him. For her to tell hik, it would take a lot of courage and I don't think she has that kind of courage just yet.

I thought it would be funny if she just kind of blurted it out without even realizing what she said.

I guess we'll have to see.

Time for the topics now.

I have so many people I would make Amourshippers.

The first two being Bonnie and Clemont (I think it's funny how their names are similar to Bonnie and Clyde haha) I just want them to see her crush and try to push her and Ash together at least once during XY. That would make me so happy.

Shauna I find it funny how everyone is saying her too but I really want Shauna to be the Lyra of Amourshipping. You know what I mean? Do I need to add on to that?

Tierno. Maybe he starts out crushing on Serena and just making her uncomfortable all around. But eventually he realizes that she has a crush on Ash instead of him and backs off, not wanting to upset her something. He ends being a really great friend and tries to make Ash see Serena's crush on him but Ash is so dense and he has no idea what Tierno is talking about.

Professor Sycamore. I just wish he realized why Serena started her journey and tried to push her into confessing her feelings.

Serena's mother. It couldn't even get more obvious when one of their parents became an Amourshipper, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.