• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Aker

Oh god. Graham being positive about the ship!? THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!
Anyway, that conversation was SO cute!!! �� Can't wait for sub's!! It was everything I expected and more!

As I said before, my stance hasn't changed on the ship. I was one of the first ones that said the scenes in this episode were more friendly than anything else. If I had to pick out a hint, it would obviously be when Serena got flustered when commenting Ash was amazing, after Ash seemed to want her to repeat herself. But we always get stuff from her side in her episodes, even if today wasn't as blatant blushing like the others.

Last edited:

edgehead011

i was surprised that ash's denseness came down a level, but im not complaining lol, i think character development wise it was a good episode and Serena is probably 1 step closer to figure out what to with her fenniken or fokko (whichever you prefer to call it) but um over all i think that scene with just the two of them was good. the only thing i hope happens in the future is ash figuring out how he feels about her. but i don't know if its just me but the way they're writing the series right now does it look like if kalos could be the last chance for him to win unless gen 7 is announced after the oras remakes or later?

Thegreatjman

As I said before, my stance hasn't changed on the ship. I was one of the first ones that said the scenes in this episode were more friendly than anything else. If I had to pick out a hint, it would obviously be when Serena got flustered when commenting Ash was amazing, after Ash seemed to want her to repeat herself. But we always get stuff from her side in her episodes, even if today wasn't as blatant blushing like the others.

Yeah... I commented this before I saw you comment that. Sorry.
I did think that this was a great bonding episode for them, and Serena getting flustered was so great. And it was so nice that she was inspired by Ash. Hopefully, she decides to be a Pokémon performer!

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
Mmmmm... but this 9is not the 1st time he brings the pokemon master thing. Since Decolora's finale he's remembering us his dream constantly.

And about Serena's "motivation"... Let's remember what @Dephender said in his post

And IIRC, Serena said she would give a try to that Kalos Queen thing, but not that she's been decided for that dream. Maybe she would ditch that thing like the Saihorn Racing. Pokemon anime, like most kodomomuke shows, is very blatant with the dialogues from characters regarding goals, usually when someone had his/her goal or dream set, they say "it's decided", "i'm gonna be the top coordinator/dragon master/water master", not with evasive words like "give a try".

So, neither the foreshadowing for a revolution (Satoshi said repeatedly that being kalos league champion is only a "step" in his dream) nor the Serena staying with Satoshi cuz she ditched the Performer thing are senseless right now.

I didn't know Satoshi said that it is a "step" in his dream. I guess that could mean there a arc of his story where he challenges the elite 4 or something. It would be good to see Ash going something new besides gym battles.

It's a long shot but Serena could still tag along with Ash for another arc or mini arc after he wins the league or maybe she'll leave but come back at the end. being once a character leaves they can come back for an epi or two.

The foreshadowing of Ash being a Master in Kalos I was taking about is really a IMO thing. In the episode when Ash is last at home he pictures all his companions he has traveled with and think or his dream, it comes of to me of foreshadowing but I could be wrong. And it just seems his dream has been mention alot but I guess that happens in every saga. So just it just an opinion thing and also a feeling it's going happen soon because eventually it needs too.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Well I'm just being a bit realistic here. And I see that you're starting to be a bit optimistic with this ship, seeing your previous comments. looks like we're switching role :p
Anyway I just really didn't feel like this episode had any shipping moments. There's the part where they've talked about dreams but I think that's just a normal conversation.

Agree with Graham, I'm really surprised to hear you of all people say that kek.

Oh god. Graham being positive about the ship!? THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!

Well he's not the only 'negative/pessimistic' one either.

This episode had a great scene. Gave me the feels; last time I would say that was that forest scene in episode 7 too.

Sheepy Lamby

Being honest, things don't look very good unless the writers decide to change Serena's mind about becoming a performer.
I have the feeling Shauna will chat with Serena again about Ash. She realized Serena's feelings for him.
PS: This episode was weird, why team Rocket didn't try to catch Pikachu? Jessie's new look makes her look very good...

Being honest, things don't look very good unless the writers decide to change Serena's mind about becoming a performer.
I have the feeling Shauna will chat with Serena again about Ash. She realized Serena's feelings for him.
PS: This episode was weird, why team Rocket didn't try to catch Pikachu? Jessie's new look makes her look very good...

Serena hasn't fully decided on a goal yet... and the writers obviously know that they haven't given her a goal from the start... so they must be saving it for later.
If you guys watch Kgprestige on youtube, he has a video talking about Serena and what her goal might be... and a person commented on his video saying maybe the writers were holding back her goal until the new ORAS remakes came out... who knows...

I don't think Shauna is fully aware of Serena's feelings for Ash. She might have a slight clue. I hope she finds out soon and helps Serena into talking and getting more close to Ash. It'd be enjoyable to see! This episode was a great character development for Serena and her all her parts were touched on today's episode... what she may do for a goal, her interaction with Ash and her friendship with Shauna looks likes it's growing even more! So let's hope Shauna will catch onto Serena's feelings. :)

Professor Sycamore was there, so maybe they didn't want to mess with him by trying to catch Pikachu and they still need to keep there cover during summer camp and they are getting payed very well..

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

Serena has fully decided on a goal yet... and the writers obviously know that they haven't given her a goal from the start... so they must be saving it for later.
If you guys watch Kgprestige on youtube, he has a video talking about Serena and what her goal might be... and a person commented on his video saying maybe the writers were holding back her goal until the new ORAS remakes came out... who knows...

I don't think Shauna is fully aware of Serena's feelings for Ash. She might have a slight clue. I hope she finds out soon and helps Serena into talking and getting more close to Ash. It'd be enjoyable to see! This episode was a great character development for Serena and her all her parts were touched on today's episode... what she may do for a goal, her interaction with Ash and her friendship with Shauna looks likes it's growing even more! So let's hope Shauna will catch onto Serena's feelings. :)

Professor Sycamore was there, so maybe they didn't want to mess with him by trying to catch Pikachu and they still need to keep there cover during summer camp and they are getting payed very well..

You are right, Shauna has a slight clue. I hope Shauna helps the shipping and becomes Serena's best friend. I think Bonnie is her friend too but she is still too young to understand romantic issues...
Now I think Shauna (once she realizes Serena's feelings) will "convince" Serena to stay with Ash. I really hope so.
PS: LOL, Team Rocket and the money factor... they look weird though, Jessie is dreaming on being in Pokevision and James is more worried about being a good chef than catching pokemons... they will try to steal Pikachu later, for sure, but during these episodes they are showing a less troublemaking side.

Last edited:
The exact opposite, actually - he told her to not worry about "having to" find her dream right away, but take her time until she actually knows what to do.

He also talked about how he treats all his experiences as learning tools and thinks of ways he can incorporate what he learns into his battle style. This inspired Serena to take inspiration from the cliff incident for her PokeVision, which is what she tells Sana (who seemed to admire Satoshi's "None of our experiences are truly without worth to us" philosophy quite a lot, actually).

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Agree with Graham, I'm really surprised to hear you of all people say that kek.

Hey now, I'm just being realistic and all here.

Anyway, I guess I'm still the only one here pessimistic about this week's episode since I really didn't feel any hints at all. And while I'm at it, the character designs in this episode also looked terrible. The characters are way skinny and their eyes and faces look weird. I dunno, maybe it's just me. :p

Well, at least they were able to talk things about dreams goals and stuff so that's kinda nice to see.

Robby9856C

Hi guys, first time posting here. I've watched the thread since post 100 or so, but never bothered to post.

Anyways, I can speak Japanese pretty well, and a lot of people were asking about what Shauna and Serena were saying about Ash. So if you wanna take my word for it, this is what I got.

Basically, Serena was telling Shauna that she got the idea of the pokepuffs from a mistake. And Shauna gets all surpised. Serena goes farther to explain that Ash was saying that nothing that you experience goes to waste.

So there's that.About the TR money thing, I think its pretty interesting that they are mentioning that over and over. Is it going have a follow up? Like maybe James quits TR to be a chef? XD I mean, everyone was saying that his food was really good. :p

You are right, Shauna have a slight clue. I hope Shauna helps the shipping and becomes Serena's best friend. I think Bonnie is her friend too but she is still too young to understand romantic issues...
Now I think Shauna (once she realizes Serena's feelings) will "convince" Serena to stay with Ash. I really hope so.
PS: LOL, Team Rocket and the money factor... they look weird though, Jessie is dreaming on being in Pokevision and James is more worried about being a good chef than catching pokemons... they will try to steal Pikachu later, for sure, but during these episodes they are showing a less troublemaking side.

I really hope Shauna will help with the ship! I don't know, maybe Bonnie would catch on.. they have a sisterly bond and although Bonnie doesn't really understand the whole, well, understanding of romance... she does have a general understanding of it. Since she always tries to get Clemont a wife, lol. I think later on down the road, Bonnie will start to become more acute to Serena and how she acts weird around Ash at times and question Serena on it, like back when Ash challenged Grant's gym and how Serena becomes noticeably worried. I'm hoping, eventually, that Bonnie will clue in on Serena's feelings... and maybe Clemont will clue in later, too?

lol, I know Team Rocket and their money and what they'll do for it!! :') lol, did you see them during the DP summer arc then? Jessie was just like this and so was James and meowth. Some things never change! lol

Last edited:

ashsfuture

Serena said she wanted to try out being a pokemon performer just to see if she enjoy it, so in a way Serena has made performing be something temporary until she discovers her dream for herself, and most of this decision in the start of finding her dream came from her inspiration from Ash, the way he shared his dream of becoming a pokemon master with her(this is the first time Ash has expressed to anyone about his dream, meaning a lot more that he shared this mostly with Serena), and how he said the kalos league was the goal he was perusing in order to reach the next step in his dream. Now this was a nice moment for Serena cause this gave her the chance to understand Ash even more and all of what he has to go through just to reach the next step in his dream. So seeing how Ash and Serena bonded in this episode has moved Amourshipping into the next direction in terms of understanding the person you care about the most in your life and what is most important to them. On another note: I wonder what Serena said about Ash to Shauna mostly because she seemed very happy about what she said about him!

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
Anyway I just really didn't feel like this episode had any shipping moments.

Did we watch the same episode? lol
True, it didn't have the blatant-blushy moments like previous episodes, but it is AmourShippy nevertheless. The music playing in the background made their interaction and bonding moment even more sweet.

I liked this scene in yesterday's episode

[IMGSIZE=430]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bvk12U1CEAAILcB.jpg:large[/IMGSIZE]
Source here

When they fell from the cliff, Satoshi asked Serena if she was okay. After that he also picked up Serena's hat and gave it to her although he knows that he is injured.

With this episode, XY007 (the flashback), XY011, XY31 and with the movie (not that I saw the scene), in my opinion, I just feel that Satoshi is more gentleman towards Serena compared to his past girl companions

Last edited:
With this episode, XY007 (the flashback), XY011, XY31 and with the movie (not that I saw the scene), in my opinion, I just feel that Satoshi is more gentleman towards Serena compared to his past girl companions

Well if there's one thing to note about Satoshi's character, then yeah, I guess I can agree on that. He seemed more of a gentleman to Serena compared to any female companions that he've travelled with. Though this may probably because he might know that Serena is more feminine or that the Satoshi we all know is somewhere out there tied and locked up and this Satoshi is a clone/impersonator, set up by Fei Wong Reed.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Hey, just watched episode 40 with subs, did anyone else notice that during the scene where Tierno fangirls over Serena because of her cuteness, Shauna quickly says, "He gets crushes easily"? Just thought that was an interesting moment. Nothing to worry about though.

Can't wait for the next episode, but it seems to be based on Bonnie and Xerneas.

chicorita3

ポケモン トレイナー:I really love the 4th picture! I just wish I knew what Serena told Ash.
it looked like he didn't want to brag about something because he swiped his nose.
what does that mean exactly?

jason0597

ポケモン トレイナー:I really love the 4th picture! I just wish I knew what Serena told Ash.
it looked like he didn't want to brag about something because he swiped his nose.
what does that mean exactly?

He just picked up her hat and gave it to her. After that she thanked him.

Also, either his nose is itchy or he is covering up something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.