• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason0597

I just had a thought, what if Serena wanted to do a performence with Ash, like a duet and her pokemon all to join...
You think?
I actually mentioned this a couple of posts back. Yes, it would be lovely. Allthough, does she have the courage to ask Satoshi for such a performance?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Nose scratching or sneezing when a character you like is near you is something that happens in Japanese culture. I think the writers are having Ash do it unconsciously.

Really? I've always seen nose-scratching used to portray nervousness, embarrassment, or egotism, and sneezing as an indication that someone's talking about you. I mean, the first two could tie into liking someone, but I've never seen it used as a direct link... I mean, I'll be honest, as an overly obsessed shipper who ships Poke, it depresses me, but...

Last edited:
This might be a little off topic but I just notice that Serena has a lot of fears shown in XY like camping, losing Ash, fear of heights or rickety bridges? (Interpreted by preview), stagefreight (up to a certain degree shown in the latest episode), being separated from Ash, fear of not having a dream to pursue, dark caves, and monsters. Ash seems to be the opposite of that and sometimes comfort (knowingly or not) Serena in her time of need like the mirror episode, the cave of trials episode and arguably the latest episode and there is an old cliché of opposites attract.

Sugoi da na!! finally, someone brings that point I've brought in a shippings thread from another forum (:ahem: DZeta :ahem:) and I've discussed in private with other user here. Certainly Satoshi and Serena would fit better in the "opposites attract" becasuse of their opposite psychologies (yeah, despite Satoshi and Kasumi [and even himself and Haruka in that infamous and hilarious episode from AG xDDD] were being accused from being opposites that are attracted because they were on frequent quarreling. Sadly, their bickering and constant teasing, although funny, that only confirms they were pretty identical to each other). Being Satoshi the brave and decisive one and Serena the fearful and unsure only makes them complementary and psychologically opposite to each other, so they fit better that old cliche. And the thing that binds them is their bond with their trademark Pokemon [Pikachu and Fokko respectively]) and that "never give up 'till the very end" thing.

And most anime series and Tokusatsus are very fond of the "psychological opposites attraction" cliche. Only remember Son Gohan and Videl from DBZ (Gohan being a fearful and nerdy and Videl being a "female Satoshi" regarding recklessness, outspeakness and overconfidence, however they're bound by their likes for fighting), the infamous Domon Kasshu and Mikamura Rain from Kidou Butoden G Gundam (bound by Domon's mother death), Naruto-kun and Hinata fron Naruto (despite some NaruSaku statements, the descendant of Ashura and the almost killed by Pein relation was very well developed and literally they're bound by "their nindo"). Only about 5 animes had a pair of characters with similar personalities married: the infamous Sorato ending for Digimon Adventure (even Executive Director Hiroyuki Kakudou admitted he literally don't give a damn about logical anime finales), and Rumiko Takahashi's works are very fond of bind their characters with someone as reckless and arrogant as the main lead (As seen in Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Ranma Nibunnoichi, Ichi Pound no Fukuin [One Pound Gospel] and InuYasha with their official couples).

EDIT: doesn't Ash scratch his nose in one of the openings of a AG saga? I definitely recall it.

That's more a sign of confidence or a "let's go!" signature. Takao from Bakuten Shoot Beyblade and Sanshiro from Kurenai Sanshiro (a veeeeeeeeeeeeery old anime, some spanish speakers from here would recognise that as "Sam El Rey Del Judo" or "Judoboy") did that a lot of times when they're about to face a challenge. So, that's a very different context compared to the nose scratching from XY040.

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

I wish people would get this mindset out of their head. From the beginning, it should have been obvious that Serena wasn't going to stick with Ash forever. They have to make room for the new girl in the next gen. Serena is likely NOT going with Ash to the next region. I just want to see her build up the courage to confess, and even if Ash doesn't get it (causing her to just happily accept their relationship as is and move on to better herself) I'd be satisfied. They're likely not going to get married outside of fan-fiction and fan-art folks. The only thing I don't want is her jumping to another boy, because it wouldn't look that great on her characters resume.

The writers may let Serena go to next regions with Ash, but not for long. It is known that the big fishes want to change the female characters because the show is focused on Ash.
Being realistic I have to say that it is convenient for the franchise to keep Ash "free". Unless they decide to introduce a totally new main character and "marry" Ash (lol) Pokémon Origins and Mega Evolution are attempts to test how Pokémon fans would accept the absence of Ash as main character.

The writers may let Serena go to next regions with Ash, but not for long. It is known that the big fishes want to change the female characters because the show is focused on Ash.
Being realistic I have to say that it is convenient for the franchise to keep Ash "free". Unless they decide to introduce a totally new main character and "marry" Ash (lol) Pokémon Origins and Mega Evolution are attempts to test how Pokémon fans would accept the absence of Ash as main character.

And IIRC, those special were pretty well received amongst the fans. So, there's not farfetched the big fishes are planning the "Satoshi's Sayonara tour" in this region (making him win his 1st regional league and wrtiting him off with the regional girl who looks up and has a crush to him), but the possibilities for that aren't very high.

SimplyMatt

I wish people would get this mindset out of their head. From the beginning, it should have been obvious that Serena wasn't going to stick with Ash forever. They have to make room for the new girl in the next gen. Serena is likely NOT going with Ash to the next region. I just want to see her build up the courage to confess, and even if Ash doesn't get it (causing her to just happily accept their relationship as is and move on to better herself) I'd be satisfied. They're likely not going to get married outside of fan-fiction and fan-art folks. The only thing I don't want is her jumping to another boy, because it wouldn't look that great on her characters resume.

I hate to do it but I have to agree with you, because unless they have Ash become the chapion only then will Ash's journey finally come to an end.

I can see the ending of the Kalos saga ending in something like this:
If Ash loses the league (like always):
Ash would go back to Kanto and would be about to board the boat/ship and he is staying at Serena's house and before Ash leaves Serena can't sleep because she is worried that she will never see her crush (love) Ash leaves for Kanto and eventually gen 7. I can see the group (Bonnie, Clemont, and Serena) going to the port or airport and after Ash says his goodbyes and is about to get on the boat/ship Serena breaks down in tears and runs away. Obviously Ash and the group go after Serena, so Ash decides that the group should split up and they go after her. Well Ash finds Serena crying somewhere and Ash asks her whats wrong, and Serena starts to mumble something and Ash says, "Serena you can tell me anything" and she says ,"Ash ever since I saw you when we were kids I knew in my heart that I fell in love with you (or something similar to that)" and she goes on to say that after all they have been through she says that she cannot imagine loosing Ash again for who knows how long, and Ash fells bad and says that she can visit him in Gen 7. But Serena still continues to cry and says the three words "I love you" and Ash for once in his god dang life gets that Serena has a crush on him so I think that Ash will keep it PG and will hug Serena and then Serena has a flash back to when they were kids when they hugged, and Ash either decides to stay and work with Prof. Sycamore (which is highly unlikely) or just go to gen 7 and Serena will visit him.

Now if he wins the league:
If Ash wins the league this could mean one of two things, either there won't be a Gen 7 or Ash will not be in Gen 7 as the main character. And if Serena chooses to be a performer and just so happens to be the Kalos Queen (or in this case Kalos princess) then it would be realistic that they could both travel together and live happily after and have Bonnie as the new main character. But this possibility of this happening is Oh my God low like negative 500%.

But if Serena doesn't have a definite "goal" by the end of Kalos then I think that they would be foreshadowing Serena to go with Ash in Gen 7, but all of this is all of my opinions.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Even if Serena doesn't have a goal by the end of XY, I don't see why her chances of staying with Ash would increase because of that. If the writers want to make AmourShipping Serena's biggest interest, then they should stop teasing us about her looking for a goal and tell us outright that she just wants Ash's love and affection instead of beating around the bush imho. :x

Heh, the least you can hope for is that Satoshi will be written off together with Serena because this is the only way I can think of this ship becoming canon. Or a confession at the end where Satoshi would acknowledge Serena's feelings and make a promise that they'll see each other and be together forever (which will become the same case as how he promised to go back for his Pigeon and his promise for Masato when he grows up). But of course, the first option has a less chance to happen so hope that they stick with the latter. I'm not gonna expect Serena to travel with him in the next region. Once she've settled with a goal, it's less likely that she'll continue with him. And even if she does, she'll still be written off somewhere down the road to give way for the next heroine.

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

And IIRC, those special were pretty well received amongst the fans. So, there's not farfetched the big fishes are planning the "Satoshi's Sayonara tour" in this region (making him win his 1st regional league and wrtiting him off with the regional girl who looks up and has a crush to him), but the possibilities for that aren't very high.

It is all about how much "profitable" is Ash.
I feel they are going to keep Serena for a couple of more seasons and then make her find a "goal" so great and interesting that she will have to say bye to Ash, or give up her goals to stay with him and replace the main characters.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Why not? If we do it being skeptical it is ok, at least we get an idea of what is going on.

Because watching something that presents itself as a translation, but which is primarily just a guy guessing at what people might be saying, doesn't give you a better idea of what's going on than watching without subtitles at all. It just makes you more likely to misunderstand things due to the on-screen text that screams "this is what's going on" at you, which also spreads misinterpretations further when you make posts based on what you think went on in the episode.

And that's why I strongly recommend just ignoring that trash. It negatively influences your posts, which in turn damages other people's understanding of the episode.

(and yes, I know this is sort of off-topic, but the understanding of episode dialogue IS kind of important to the discussion of what specific scenes may mean for Amourshipping, which is why it's such a shame people who don't actually understand what's being said put out fake subtitles like these)

Wolfheart

I hate to do it but I have to agree with you, because unless they have Ash become the chapion only then will Ash's journey finally come to an end.

I can see the ending of the Kalos saga ending in something like this:
If Ash loses the league (like always):
Ash would go back to Kanto and would be about to board the boat/ship and he is staying at Serena's house and before Ash leaves Serena can't sleep because she is worried that she will never see her crush (love) Ash leaves for Kanto and eventually gen 7. I can see the group (Bonnie, Clemont, and Serena) going to the port or airport and after Ash says his goodbyes and is about to get on the boat/ship Serena breaks down in tears and runs away. Obviously Ash and the group go after Serena, so Ash decides that the group should split up and they go after her. Well Ash finds Serena crying somewhere and Ash asks her whats wrong, and Serena starts to mumble something and Ash says, "Serena you can tell me anything" and she says ,"Ash ever since I saw you when we were kids I knew in my heart that I fell in love with you (or something similar to that)" and she goes on to say that after all they have been through she says that she cannot imagine loosing Ash again for who knows how long, and Ash fells bad and says that she can visit him in Gen 7. But Serena still continues to cry and says the three words "I love you" and Ash for once in his god dang life gets that Serena has a crush on him so I think that Ash will keep it PG and will hug Serena and then Serena has a flash back to when they were kids when they hugged, and Ash either decides to stay and work with Prof. Sycamore (which is highly unlikely) or just go to gen 7 and Serena will visit him.

Now if he wins the league:
If Ash wins the league this could mean one of two things, either there won't be a Gen 7 or Ash will not be in Gen 7 as the main character. And if Serena chooses to be a performer and just so happens to be the Kalos Queen (or in this case Kalos princess) then it would be realistic that they could both travel together and live happily after and have Bonnie as the new main character. But this possibility of this happening is Oh my God low like negative 500%.

But if Serena doesn't have a definite "goal" by the end of Kalos then I think that they would be foreshadowing Serena to go with Ash in Gen 7, but all of this is all of my opinions.

It's still odd though that the writers (and animators) are giving so many hints within the series. I high doubt that they will blow off this story plot; by now it's obvious they have something instore for this and their dropping little foreshadowing hints for us to solve. I wouldn't be surprised if the last episode has a flash back to the summer camp as you said. It would make a lot of sense in terms of this mini subplot.

after I have been pondering on this whole 'subplot' idea, I have been thinking that maybe this is something that will eventually affect the main plot as well if you get what I'm trying to say.

ashsfuture

I wonder if Serena will try out different types of goals throughout her journey with Ash while she figures out her dream, I think that would be a good thing for her to experience instead of solely focusing on one goal for an entire region. Now I do think she'll start working towards a dream the same way Ash does(that way she could understand how Ash feels when it comes to taking his experiences as key points in making his dream a reality), taking every memory and experience in her life as key steps in pursuing her goal and seeing Serena take her time in finding out her dream and deciding on wanting to know more about pokemon performing and try it just for the experience is a great development for her.

One Question
from what I stated in this post"If Serena does starts going towards her dream(when she figures it out)in the way that Ash does how will her bond/relationship with Ash grow from here?"

SimplyMatt

One Question
from what I stated in this post"If Serena does starts going towards her dream(when she figures it out)in the way that Ash does how will her bond/relationship with Ash grow from here?"

I personally think that it would be the same as it is now, but if she does have a goal that will not be included in Gen 7 then there will be zero chance of her coming with Ash, heck her going with Ash to Gen 7 isn't a good chance anyway. I mean after all this show is directed more to kids.

Viex

I like seeing how the writers purposely separated ash and serena from the rest of the group so they could have some alone time (kind of makes me wonder if there was a similar moment we missed out on the submarine episode). They obviously have something in mind with the development of both these characters.

zzz1000120

I like seeing how the writers purposely separated ash and serena from the rest of the group so they could have some alone time (kind of makes me wonder if there was a similar moment we missed out on the submarine episode). They obviously have something in mind with the development of both these characters.

From what I was told from people who lived in Korea who saw the skrelp episode, Ash and Serena didn't have that one-on- one moment like they did on this episode and besides there was also a lady in the submarine so its not really possible for to have a similar one-to-one moment like this.

Xuxuba

Guys, i've seen some posts saying that Serena would say "i love you" to Satoshi, but i don't think she would say that to him. I mean, love is a really strong word that can be scary, even more if that person doesn't date you. I do know that kids can be impulsive, but Serena's not like that. She always thinks twice before doing something, unlike Satoshi.
So i think she probably would say something like "i really like you".

Sheepy Lamby

Because watching something that presents itself as a translation, but which is primarily just a guy guessing at what people might be saying, doesn't give you a better idea of what's going on than watching without subtitles at all. It just makes you more likely to misunderstand things due to the on-screen text that screams "this is what's going on" at you, which also spreads misinterpretations further when you make posts based on what you think went on in the episode.

And that's why I strongly recommend just ignoring that trash. It negatively influences your posts, which in turn damages other people's understanding of the episode.

(and yes, I know this is sort of off-topic, but the understanding of episode dialogue IS kind of important to the discussion of what specific scenes may mean for Amourshipping, which is why it's such a shame people who don't actually understand what's being said put out fake subtitles like these)

Don't worry, after so many years of watching inaccurate subs, I learned to use them just as a reference and not as truth. The good thing is the characters' interactions sometimes give us clues.
AmourShipping is giving us a lot of material of discussion and we have to be careful to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.