• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzz1000120

Now, a question: In which location would you like to see the group visiting in the (near) future that could benefit amourshipping and why?

I think Luminose city would benefit amour because it has many cafés and restaurant where the two can have a date if they make Clemont and Bonnie to go back to the gym early to train before his battle with Ash(most likely Serena or Ash won't call it that due to either Serena's shyness or Ash's obliviousness) and the fact the city is based on Paris, the city of love. Another possible location could be the battle Maison because if they allow tag battles it would allow Ash and Serena to spend some time with each other develop a strategy to win and show Ash that she can battle even if her possible goal is more performance based and it would give an excuse for Serena on how she can be alone with Ash.

Last edited:

sage striaton

wishfulshipper4ever
In which location would you like to see the group visiting in the (near) future that could benefit amourshipping and why?
I want so bad that they are going to Laverre City and to Snowbelle City.

This cities are very smart and romantic!
I'm looking forward for this! I want to see a worried Serena when Ash is battling against Korrina!

matthew11

8000 MMR
In which location would you like to see the group visiting in the (near) future that could benefit amourshipping and why?

Laverre City. It's where their theme song originated. And considering it is the location of the Fairy type gym, I assume the city would be full of Fairy type pokemon. Theme song playing when they arrive, and seeing a lot of Fairy type pokemon. What could be more romantic than that?

phanpycross

God-king

I agree with mattew11, Laverre city is just beautiful, Maybe Serena could dress up like a Furisode Girl ( I love those designs).

Maybe a "snow way out" like episode with the two in snowbelle city?

Sheepy Lamby

I don't think Serena's goal (Pokemon Performer) is confirmed. Technically, she just wants to see what a Pokemon Performer would do, so there is still a possibility for Serena to continue traveling with Satoshi. But if, in the near future, it turned out that she wants to become a Pokemon Performer, she would likely be written off, IMO, forever, considering that Pokemon Performer is exclusive only in Kalos and that if she wants to improve, she needs to stay in Kalos (unless there is something similar in the next region, or just wanted to visit Satoshi and see how he's doing). And for Satoshi delaying his goal to support her, the only acceptable reason is that he has feelings for her. That would be a very good excuse for him to keep traveling with her.

I don't know, but Alain or Mairin would the like Ash 2.0.
Ash and Serena could be written off (to be together) to give the other guys the main roles. And maybe (after a timeskip) Ash and would return as a champion and Serena as a "super queen" (yeah, it sounds kinda silly)

Maybe when Serena wins the title of Kalos Queen and Satoshi wins the Kalos League, they will retire from the posts and become couples (or permanent partners) from now on.

I think so. Amourshipping is unique for me as Ash is still age 7-10 in May and Dawn generations. But now he is a teenager and knows stuffs like love.

I think the "problem" with Ash is he is still "10". 10 y.o. boys love awareness is inferior compared to girls. That is why we see hints from Serena and not Ash.
Ash acts like a teenager know but the "age" thing is one of the excuses for his obliviousness.

Kunoe City (Laverre for non japanese speakers), cuz maybe it would settle some atmosphere for both of them. However I think Satoshi wouldn't get the hint unless someone (Pikachu, blonde sister, even Maashu [Valerie]) makes him know with some lashing out for his obliviousness.

And regarding past episode, despite the lack of hints, i noticed something, if it has other way of speaking, miraculous for Satoshi. 'Tis the 1st time Satoshi didn't bicker with his female traveling companion in a team battle (despite it was a triple battle, the semifinal battle with that random team [mezameru eleki ball ftw!] and against the rockettos [insectivore teamwork??] showed both of them in almost perfect synch, as opposite of the 1st tag battles of Satoshi with Haruka and Hikari, when thay had some serious spats and bickering). The only situations when Satoshi didn't bicker with his partner in tag battle was when he was tagged with Takeshi or Dento (yeah, I'm ignoring tagging with rivals or CotW cuz that were episodical things)

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

And regarding past episode, despite the lack of hints, i noticed something, if it has other way of speaking, miraculous for Satoshi. 'Tis the 1st time Satoshi didn't bicker with his female traveling companion in a team battle (despite it was a triple battle, the semifinal battle with that random team [mezameru eleki ball ftw!] and against the rockettos [insectivore teamwork??] showed both of them in almost perfect synch, as opposite of the 1st tag battles of Satoshi with Haruka and Hikari, when thay had some serious spats and bickering). The only situations when Satoshi didn't bicker with his partner in tag battle was when he was tagged with Takeshi or Dento (yeah, I'm ignoring tagging with rivals or CotW cuz that were episodical things)

Good one dude. That is a "hint", Ash probably feels bad for her because they are childhood friends, which makes them bond more compared to other companions.
You also mention Brock and Cilan as team mates... and what they have in common with Citron is that they are all Gym leaders. That is another reason why he didn't bicker, beacuse he feels supported by someone who knows more than him.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'm extremely cynical about locations affecting AmourShipping after the missed opportunity for a big AmourShipping hint at Parfum Palace tbh. I'd say that perhaps the League could be slightly beneficial in that Serena will obviously cheer her heart out for Ash and maybe she could give him a good luck hug/kiss, but that's the best I can come up with and it's far in the future unfortunately (although still possible).

--VIRGO--

I'm extremely cynical about locations affecting AmourShipping after the missed opportunity for a big AmourShipping hint at Parfum Palace tbh. I'd say that perhaps the League could be slightly beneficial in that Serena will obviously cheer her heart out for Ash and maybe she could give him a good luck hug/kiss, but that's the best I can come up with and it's far in the future unfortunately (although still possible).

Well. I never considered Parfum Palace, as any opportunity. And I don't like to assume anything from games. However If I have to choose I would say Lumiose City. Why? Because of the gym battle with Clemont I expected by me bickering between Ash (and of course Serena) and blondes. Also maybe some beach. Serena in bikini might awake something within Ash. Of course everything with good taste.

Maybe in real life 10 y. o. girls tends to have superior love awareness compared to boys (however It's not as common as commonly believed). However It's mostly because boys' love feelings are very supressed within them and friends have not always good influence on them. But this not apply completely to Ash and Serena. First because they 10 y. o. exists only in words. Second they are maturing within every season like a in real life they would to some extend.

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

Well. I never considered Parfum Palace, as any opportunity. And I don't like to assume anything from games. However If I have to choose I would say Lumiose City. Why? Because of the gym battle with Clemont I expected by me bickering between Ash (and of course Serena) and blondes. Also maybe some beach. Serena in bikini might awake something within Ash. Of course everything with good taste.

Maybe in real life 10 y. o. girls tends to have superior love awareness compared to boys (however It's not as common as commonly believed). However It's mostly because boys' love feelings are very supressed within them and friends have not always good influence on them. But this not apply completely to Ash and Serena. First because they 10 y. o. exists only in words. Second they are maturing within every season like a in real life they would to some extend.

I agree with the first part Parfum Palace had a "love" scene involving Shauna (in the game) and Clemont (in the anime), and that location was already used in the anime.
I don't totally agree with the second part, during BW Ash looked clumsy and more immature than DP (hope that never happens again), but if it is planned to make him and Serena "mature" a little bit every season then this shipping has real chances to become the definitive one. (I hope so). It it just my opinion dude.

Now, a question: In which location would you like to see the group visiting in the (near) future that could benefit amourshipping and why?

I really hope they'll visit Azure Bay and we'd get that beach-episode every amourshipper is waiting for :D

Word, when Ash sees Serena in a bikini chances are good he'll have a similar reaction to the one he had to her Fennekin outfit, and then some. Despite Ash's shortage of hints however, I'm more interested in seeing how Serena would react when she sees him with his shirt off (yeah I know I'm going out on a limb here haha).

Sheepy Lamby

I agree. Even if Tripokalon doesn't involve battling I believe there'll be other ways for Satoshi to help Serena out like bonding more with her pokemons (though isn't battling one form of bonding :p) In fact, I'm quite excited how this all will play out. Don't know if this dancing strategy becomes a permanent thing for Satoshi's team but I hope Serena would practise dancing skills as well cos Pokemon Performing surely involves dancing/singing etc. What I would give to see the two dancing together :D Satoshi could also help her pokemons with their appealing moves and basically encourage her somewhat unsure nature to overcome a stagefear or something like that.

I really hope they'll visit Azure Bay and we'd get that beach-episode every amourshipper is waiting for :D

Word, when Ash sees Serena in a bikini chances are good he'll have a similar reaction to the one he had to her Fennekin outfit, and then some. Despite Ash's shortage of hints however, I'm more interested in seeing how Serena would react when she sees him with his shirt off (yeah I know I'm going out on a limb here haha).

LOL, we all expecting the same reaction from Ash at Azure Bay! :D
If after that he is still "naive" then... well, that wouldn't be the first time he sees a female companion in swimsuit without feeling attracted to her.
Ash is unpredictable after all...

chicorita3

When will they go to azure bay, not the exact the episode of course, but is it close?
what other time did he show attracted to a girl in a bikini?:)

Sheepy Lamby

When will they go to azure bay, not the exact the episode of course, but is it close?

LOL! Hard to remember, but he felt attracted (or impressed) to girls a couple of times during OS.
But I hope this time he decides to do something about it. Too many hints from Serena and the guy is still kinda innocent :S

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director

Probably soon. I'd say it'll probably be a couple of episodes before they go to Azure Bay. After all, he still has yet to fight Korrina but I do think that episode is XY044. It depends on if Ash gets a mega ring too so it's hard to guess, you know?

I do think that he did show a physical attraction to Misty once when she was in bikini but I don't remember. It's been forever since I've watched the OS.

matthew11

8000 MMR

Though I didn't watch the entire OS and DP series, I do know someone in the AG series (Haruka) who has shown off her bikini in front of Satoshi, but I don't think he was attracted to her. His reaction was... somewhat surprised and embarrassed, because it was so sudden. The same thing applies to Masato since he was with Satoshi then, though he's just her younger brother.

Probably soon. I'd say it'll probably be a couple of episodes before they go to Azure Bay. After all, he still has yet to fight Korrina but I do think that episode is XY044. It depends on if Ash gets a mega ring too so it's hard to guess, you know?

I do think that he did show a physical attraction to Misty once when she was in bikini but I don't remember. It's been forever since I've watched the OS.

IIRC, he mocked at Kasumi saying that's the 1st time she looked like a girl (given she was a tomboy, almost borderline bokukko, cuz she dressed like a male boy scout stereotype in OS [yellow shorttank with suspenders and jeans shorts are a typical type of dressing for male boyscouts in mid nineties. IIRC Makoto Kurita from Jigoku Sensei Nube dressed like Kasumi and he was a boy]), and that was in the "Holidays at Aopulco" episode. Dat wasn't physical attraction, that was merely a mock scene

Given the bad track record for bikini scenes, I doubt he would be easily phisically attracted to Serena. However we'd better wait to that episode, maybe that ep. would be the Kuzumo and Doramidoro episode, but rewritten.

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

A place more suitable for hints will be Lumiose city because
1) Serena will be the only person supporting Ash against Clemont.
2) Serena can shop nice clothes there to impress Ash ;)
3) I see Meyer making a funny comment about Ash and Serena looking good together.
4) Or just spending a night there, the atmosphere is very romantic.

Last edited:

Dark_Giratina

ダークオーラ

I was thinking along the lines of Ash getting an anime nosebleed from Serena in a bikini, most likely the writers won't write that in, but one can hope

Spectro889

At your assistance.
A place more suitable for hints will be Lumiose city because
1) Serena will be the only person supporting Ash against Clemont.
2) Serena can shop nice clothes there to impress Ash ;)
3) I see Meyer making a funny comment about Ash and Serena looking good together.
4) Or just spending a night there, the atmosphere is very romantic.

Yep, and Bonnie meanwhile will be cheering for his brother. (self-explanatory). Although, it would be funny if she decided to cheer for Ash instead xD, but I don't see that happening.
Indeed, that would be funny if Meyer decided to make a comment about Serena and Ash looking like a couple, Bonnie will probably contribute to his discussion too.
I'm not sure if this might happen, but it would be nice if at the end, Clemont will reserve a place on the top of Prism Tower and they admire the view. Then you'll just have a camera shot of just Ash and Serena leaning over the railing admiring the view, it would be nice to finish off the episode.

Can't wait for that episode to air! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.