• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amourshipping

Hi I'm new here. Can I join this thread?
In my opinion, Amourshipping is the shipping with most hints and it will be canon for sure. No other shipping before had too much hints so early. I found a curious thing. Does anyone remember the episode 177 (or 178) of DP series? I don't remember clearly the number of episode but I remember in that episode, Meowth fell in love with a Glameow and he was planning to live with her. Team Rocket asked help to Ash to bring back Meowth. The Fury Swipes of Meowth had defeated any Pokemon and it was too hard to defeat him but when Glameow evolved to Purugly, he decided to stay with Team Rocket.

It has a moment in that episode that Brock (or Dawn) said Meowth had fell in love and Ash asked: 'Love?'. Dawn answered him: 'Someday you will understand it...' Well, that 'someday' probably will be in XY series, it has lots of chances to happening. Ash and Serena look so cute together.

waterfairytrainer

In my opinion, Amourshipping is the shipping with most hints and it will be canon for sure. No other shipping before had too much hints so early. I found a curious thing. Does anyone remember the episode 177 (or 178) of DP series? I don't remember clearly the number of episode but I remember in that episode, Meowth fell in love with a Glameow and he was planning to live with her. Team Rocket asked help to Ash to bring back Meowth. The Fury Swipes of Meowth had defeated any Pokemon and it was too hard to defeat him but when Glameow evolved to Purugly, he decided to stay with Team Rocket.

It has a moment in that episode that Brock (or Dawn) said Meowth had fell in love and Ash asked: 'Love?'. Dawn answered him: 'Someday you will understand it...' Well, that 'someday' probably will be in XY series, it has lots of chances to happening. Ash and Serena look so cute together.
Everyone is welcome! This thread is for amourshippers!
Good point there, I never watched DP because I tried and it got a little dull at times so I skipped anything unimportant, but that was nice that you brought that up. This happened before in a different way in the Nidoran episode in Kanto where one Nidoran kissed the other and they evolved and he asked," Does a kiss change you?" I watched the dub, so yeah. Him understanding love though... um well I don't think he'd figure that out in XY.
Anyway..... I can't wait for next weeks episode as we might get a flashback of the dance(Plus it looks AWESOME!) and then the two Serena focused episodes maybe good for hints but more the Pancham episode for hints because of the possibility of Ash helping Serena with catching/battling with Pancham.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?

We have another passenger on the SS Amour, hooray! Make sure to read the forum and thread rules, and try to keep posts positive :)
And yes, I actually watched that episode just the other day. I do believe Brock says, "Wow, Meowth is really driven," and Ash replies with, "By what?" This is when Dawn says, "Just forget it Ash."
There is an episode in AG (Volbeat x Illumise, Romeo x Juliet) where May tells Ash he'll understand love someday, and many other episodes where he's shown as dense (Cottonee episode anyone?).

But this saga is different, sort of. In the sub (not dub, sub) his reaction to Miette's question, "Do you have a future bride, Satoshi?" his reply is, "What? Of course not." This shows that he clearly knows what a bride is and he's already improved compared to BW. I do believe Amour can be his time to finally break the barrier, but I think two things have to happen first, a) Serena becomes more forward or b) a significant event causes Ash to deeply admire her.

Everyone is welcome! This thread is for amourshippers!
Good point there, I never watched DP because I tried and it got a little dull at times so I skipped anything unimportant, but that was nice that you brought that up. This happened before in a different way in the Nidoran episode in Kanto where one Nidoran kissed the other and they evolved and he asked," Does a kiss change you?" I watched the dub, so yeah. Him understanding love though... um well I don't think he'd figure that out in XY.
Anyway..... I can't wait for next weeks episode as we might get a flashback of the dance(Plus it looks AWESOME!) and then the two Serena focused episodes maybe good for hints but more the Pancham episode for hints because of the possibility of Ash helping Serena with catching/battling with Pancham.

You're right, it make sense. I can't wait too! The flashback will be a hint and next to that Serena will be so proud of Ash that she will blush and Ash will thanks her a lot! That moments will fortify their bond.
With the passage of time, he will understand better what are Serena's feelings and that will make him consider Serena more than a friend.
In that episode, it has lots of chances to have hints because Ash will teach her how to catch and battle with Pokemon. She will be so happy and he will too, so they will be even more together.
I believe it will exist a moment in the future that Serena will help Ash like Ash helped Serena in the childhood but will more significance.

Sheepy Lamby

Good to see new people joining us! :)
And we were complaining last week that this thread was too quiet
torterra_4_the_win are you in charge of welcoming new people here? hehe
Cottonee... yeah, Ash was dense... what about when his Butterfree left? the same eh?
Ok, not to sound like a freak... but it came to my mind the idea of Serena taking care of Pikachu after Ash loses a battle.
That would really shake Ash's heart!
Spectro889 yeah! we were talking about the Fennekin/Froakie "thing" helping Serena and Ash! It sounds good right!

We have another passenger on the SS Amour, hooray! Make sure to read the forum and thread rules, and try to keep posts positive :)
And yes, I actually watched that episode just the other day. I do believe Brock says, "Wow, Meowth is really driven," and Ash replies with, "By what?" This is when Dawn says, "Just forget it Ash."
There is an episode in AG (Volbeat x Illumise, Romeo x Juliet) where May tells Ash he'll understand love someday, and many other episodes where he's shown as dense (Cottonee episode anyone?).

But this saga is different, sort of. In the sub (not dub, sub) his reaction to Miette's question, "Do you have a future bride, Satoshi?" his reply is, "What? Of course not." This shows that he clearly knows what a bride is and he's already improved compared to BW. I do believe Amour can be his time to finally break the barrier, but I think two things have to happen first, a) Serena becomes more forward or b) a significant event causes Ash to deeply admire her.

Yes, I read all the rules and I'll try to keep posts positive :)
I know that episodes you said. That shows other good point, in the past series, all female companies of Ash asked what is love. He didn't knew to answer it, but the answer is in XY series. The Kalos Region is based in France, romantic, love and Serena has a canonical crush on him. So, Ash finally will have a girlfriend.

About the question of Miette and Ash's reply, we're in beggining, his opinion will change for sure, it has lot of chances to happening.
Well, I think it need to happen that two things and after, the perfect moment that will break the barrier.

matthew11

8000 MMR
You're right, it make sense. I can't wait too! The flashback will be a hint and next to that Serena will be so proud of Ash that she will blush and Ash will thanks her a lot! That moments will fortify their bond.
With the passage of time, he will understand better what are Serena's feelings and that will make him consider Serena more than a friend.
In that episode, it has lots of chances to have hints because Ash will teach her how to catch and battle with Pokemon. She will be so happy and he will too, so they will be even more together.
I believe it will exist a moment in the future that Serena will help Ash like Ash helped Serena in the childhood but will more significance.

Though the preview just showed us the intense battles, I think the flashback scene has a chance to occur within the episode, maybe during the battle between Pikachu and Lucario. Previews can be deceiving sometimes, so let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best.

About Satoshi starting to understand the meaning of love, I agree with torterra and waterfairytrainer for their comments. Though I vaguely remember the episodes, I think Haruka and Hikari (oh, and don't forget Takeshi) indirectly taught him the meaning of love, thus breaking down his denseness little by little as the series progress.

And now, we can only hope that :

Now, the future of this ship going canon depends solely on Ash Ketchum who is known as the most densed person ever.

BTW, welcome new guy! Be sure to read this thread's and the forum's rules and enjoy your stay here in the SS. Amour :)

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…

By the way, I know in the dub version (Orange Islands arc?) Rudy tells Misty that Ash is a "lucky guy" and he'll "find out one day." But clearly he didn't, at least not in the time since then -- unless that whole comment by Rudy was a dub edit? If it's NOT a dub edit I wonder if this time with Ash and Serena will be different. The subplot has gone so deep, but the writers have teased before that Ash will find out about love one of these days and in the show's 17 ish years it still has yet to happen. Supposedly in the Diancie movie, Serena lovingly spies on her man gazes from a tent at Ash and Diancie talking about making a wish on shooting stars. Then in the end credits, Serena sees a shooting star and is shown to make a wish. I think it's pretty clear what she's wishing for, but is this just another example of a false promise to us of Ash finding out about or experiencing love "someday" is what I'm saying.

The whole Miette episode where Ash/Satoshi tells her "What? Of course not" makes me wonder if that's the writers way of saying he has no plans for any of the girls prior to Serena or for ALL of the girls including Serena. Seems a bit ambiguous. Then again it happened so early in the XY series and he still had yet to really get to know Serena, so maybe I'm just overanalyzing yet again. Clemontic Amourshipping Overanalyzing Whicket Whacker Wonk, ON!

Anyhow, the ship is sailing smoothly, and its passenger manifest's page count keeps growing! My only bone to pick has been Serena's lack of character development outside of Amour, but it sounds like the writers are finally addressing that, and I hope they do it properly, perhaps using Amour and her character development to reinforce each other. Regardless, the whole childhood backstory and all the cute Serena shippy moments are just omg, I can't even, SQUEEEEE :D

I grew up watching the first handful of seasons after AG started because the show got kinda repetitive and I started getting into my teens...I recently started watching it again just for the heck of it after I heard the show was still on....I just happened to be lucky enough to start watching at XY's first episode. The rest was history. I finally have some reason to hope that something new and interesting will happen here. Not only because it would be adorable, but becuase I, having grown up myself, also want Ash to change, to mature, to finally grow up, to experience love, to live.

My ultimate hope, sort of wishful thinking and I don't think the writers will push it that far, is that Serena helps Ash Captain Oblivious Ketchum shed his denseness and helps him at least get some taste of love, the most powerful emotion life has to offer, and this empowerment gives him the push he needs to finally get over the top and achieve his ultimate goal -- to win a league and become a Pokemon master 60 years from now when he's still 10, his Pikachu is level 2,000,000,000 and yet he's managed to lose 25 leagues straight. It's kinda asking a bit too much because this is a kids show, the next generation by ritual needs a new female character, and Ash isn't supposed to win a league for whatever reason, however, I just have seen this subplot grow too much to think it won't result in some sort of meaningful change in Ash's character/accomplishments. The writers are kinda absolutely playing with fire here; tradition holds that a new girl traveling companion comes around every generation and thus Serena will go the way of every other female character and Amourshipping will never get anywhere beyond Serena just fawning over Ash. However the S.S. Amour Subplot has already sailed so far due to its semi-canonicity that how would they ever bring the ship back to port (ie, abandon the subplot w/out any resolution one way or the other) without the passengers -- the show's viewers -- bringing mutiny?

Though the preview just showed us the intense battles, I think the flashback scene has a chance to occur within the episode, maybe during the battle between Pikachu and Lucario. Previews can be deceiving sometimes, so let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best.

About Satoshi starting to understand the meaning of love, I agree with torterra and waterfairytrainer for their comments. Though I vaguely remember the episodes, I think Haruka and Hikari (oh, and don't forget Takeshi) indirectly taught him the meaning of love, thus breaking down his denseness little by little as the series progress.

Hope you're right. I didn't really watch much of AG beyond the first 30 or 40 episodes and virtually none of D&P, but even though they've taught him I haven't really seen many instances where he's put that learning to use. Sure, he's gentler and more of a gentleman with Serena than previous companions, and he did get a bit suspicious at Serena's "Ash, you really are amazing!" comment, but it still seems like Captain Oblivious more or less operates on a one-track mind (win all eight gym badges with his level 100,000,000 Pikachu and become a Pokemon master but then lose every league when his Pikachu gets magically replaced with a wild level 5 Pikachu).

Rant complete. Clemontic Amour Overanalyzer blows up, leaving all forum readers with Ash-fros and covered head to toe with soot. To the new passenger on the S.S. Amour, welcome! :D Pardon the pessimism I've sprinkled in here, this is just one of those ships where it's tough to stay optimistic at times due to all that we know about the show's history, and I'm sure many folks can identify with that.

Last edited:

And now, we can only hope that :

BTW, welcome new guy! Be sure to read this thread's and the forum's rules and enjoy your stay here in the SS. Amour :)

Previews can be deceiving... but I believe the previews in the XY series won't be deceiving. The XY series are the most romantic series ever.

It's like Ash is destinated to date Serena and everyone is trying to helping him indirectly. Honestly, I stopped to watch Pokemon during the BW series because the BW are too boring... but when the XY series started, I started again to watch Pokemon because the XY series has lot of chances to be the one of the best ever!

By the way, I know in the dub version (Orange Islands arc?) Rudy tells Misty that Ash is a "lucky guy" and he'll "find out one day." But clearly he didn't, at least not in the time since then -- unless that whole comment by Rudy was a dub edit? If it's NOT a dub edit I wonder if this time with Ash and Serena will be different. The subplot has gone so deep, but the writers have teased before that Ash will find out about love one of these days and in the show's 17 ish years it still has yet to happen. Supposedly in the Diancie movie, Serena lovingly spies on her man gazes from a tent at Ash and Diancie talking about making a wish on shooting stars. Then in the end credits, Serena sees a shooting star and is shown to make a wish. I think it's pretty clear what she's wishing for, but is this just another example of a false promise to us of Ash finding out about or experiencing love "someday" is what I'm saying.

The whole Miette episode where Ash/Satoshi tells her "What? Of course not" makes me wonder if that's the writers way of saying he has no plans for any of the girls prior to Serena or for ALL of the girls including Serena. Seems a bit ambiguous. Then again it happened so early in the XY series and he still had yet to really get to know Serena, so maybe I'm just overanalyzing yet again. Clemontic Amourshipping Overanalyzing Whicket Whacker Wonk, ON!

Anyhow, the ship is sailing smoothly, and its passenger manifest's page count keeps growing! My only bone to pick has been Serena's lack of character development outside of Amour, but it sounds like the writers are finally addressing that, and I hope they do it properly, perhaps using Amour and her character development to reinforce each other. Regardless, the whole childhood backstory and all the cute Serena shippy moments are just omg, I can't even, SQUEEEEE :D

I grew up watching the first handful of seasons after AG started because the show got kinda repetitive and I started getting into my teens...I recently started watching it again just for the heck of it after I heard the show was still on....I just happened to be lucky enough to start watching at XY's first episode. The rest was history. I finally have some reason to hope that something new and interesting will happen here. Not only because it would be adorable, but becuase I, having grown up myself, also want Ash to change, to mature, to finally grow up, to experience love, to live.

My ultimate hope, sort of wishful thinking and I don't think the writers will push it that far, is that Serena helps Ash Captain Oblivious Ketchum shed his denseness and helps him at least get some taste of love, the most powerful emotion life has to offer, and this empowerment gives him the push he needs to finally get over the top and achieve his ultimate goal -- to win a league and become a Pokemon master 60 years from now when he's still 10, his Pikachu is level 2,000,000,000 and yet he's managed to lose 25 leagues straight. It's kinda asking a bit too much because this is a kids show, the next generation by ritual needs a new female character, and Ash isn't supposed to win a league for whatever reason, however, I just have seen this subplot grow too much to think it won't result in some sort of meaningful change in Ash's character/accomplishments. The writers are kinda absolutely playing with fire here; tradition holds that a new girl traveling companion comes around every generation and thus Serena will go the way of every other female character and Amourshipping will never get anywhere beyond Serena just fawning over Ash. However the S.S. Amour Subplot has already sailed so far due to its semi-canonicity that how would they ever bring the ship back to port (ie, abandon the subplot w/out any resolution one way or the other) without the passengers -- the show's viewers -- bringing mutiny?

Hope you're right. I didn't really watch much of AG beyond the first 30 or 40 episodes and virtually none of D&P, but even though they've taught him I haven't really seen many instances where he's put that learning to use. Sure, he's gentler and more of a gentleman with Serena than previous companions, and he did get a bit suspicious at Serena's "Ash, you really are amazing!" comment, but it still seems like Captain Oblivious more or less operates on a one-track mind (win all eight gym badges with his level 100,000,000 Pikachu and become a Pokemon master but then lose every league when his Pikachu gets magically replaced with a wild level 5 Pikachu).

Rant complete. Clemontic Amour Overanalyzer blows up, leaving all forum readers with Ash-fros and covered head to toe with soot. To the new passenger on the S.S. Amour, welcome! :D Pardon the pessimism I've sprinkled in here, this is just one of those ships where it's tough to stay optimistic at times due to all that we know about the show's history, and I'm sure many folks can identify with that.

Remember that in other series, the love wasn't too much in the air. In this series, the region is based in France, romance, love. It has an official character connection table and an arrow is shown from Serena to Ash, in that arrow it is said: Love...?
In the Valentine's Day, the Pokemon magazine in Japan, made a poster with Ash and Serena. Ash is touching Serena's back and Serena is looking at Ash holding a heart. No one made that before. Certainly, Amourshipping will be canon. :)

Articfreezer

Clueless Kid

Well I'm pretty sure he knew what a bride was even during those past times. He just never saw the point of having one because he was on his journey and stuff. You know, he probably still doesn't have a clue about Serena and her feelings, so he's still a pretty dense bloke.

I think Serena will have to be more forward. I'm not too worried about an event that will make Ash deeply admire her because I'm sure the show will create a moment like that. Ash values every friend he ever had. Miette did tell Serena that she had to come out and just say something, so that's what I'm expecting. I'm just hoping it's not like at the end of the league because that'd be such a cop out. Unfortunately that's what also when I think it'll happen given the slow progress of the ship but we will see.

Matthewthemeowth

Forgive me Giovanni
I think I have found the most convincing hint ever(Well a bit exaggerating). Look at the screenshot:

Screenshot.jpg Sorry if you cannot read it clearly.

That is a screenshot from preview of XY026. The line reads: The Love Rival Appear!? Isn't that obvious the writer wants to develop Amourshipping as a sub-plot.

Sheepy Lamby

"My ultimate hope, sort of wishful thinking and I don't think the writers will push it that far, is that Serena helps Ash Captain Oblivious Ketchum shed his denseness and helps him at least get some taste of love, the most powerful emotion life has to offer, and this empowerment gives him the push he needs to finally get over the top and achieve his ultimate goal -- to win a league and become a Pokemon master 60 years from now when he's still 10, his Pikachu is level 2,000,000,000 and yet he's managed to lose 25 leagues straight. It's kinda asking a bit too much because this is a kids show, the next generation by ritual needs a new female character, and Ash isn't supposed to win a league for whatever reason"

ScienceIsSoAmazing You sir, are a genius! epic comment!! :D
I think Ash is so frustrated after so many defeats and that he is now totally focused on winning this league, but this obsession is making him "close" his heart. If Serena breaks the ice around it, then we can proudly say that she is the right girl and deserves to stay in the anime forever (or until the writers decide to get rid of her and/or Ash)

matthew11

8000 MMR
Remember that in other series, the love wasn't too much in the air. In this series, the region is based in France, romance, love. It has an official character connection table and an arrow is shown from Serena to Ash, in that arrow it is said: Love...?
In the Valentine's Day, the Pokemon magazine in Japan, made a poster with Ash and Serena. Ash is touching Serena's back and Serena is looking at Ash holding a heart. No one made that before. Certainly, Amourshipping will be canon. :)

Just a little heads up. You can edit your previous post to avoid double posting. :)

I think I have found the most convincing hint ever(Well a bit exaggerating). Look at the screenshot:

View attachment 13481 Sorry if you cannot read it clearly.

That is a screenshot from preview of XY026. The line reads: The Love Rival Appear!? Isn't that obvious the writer wants to develop Amourshipping as a sub-plot.

Well, I think the writers are just teasing us Amourshippers to hype us. I didn't see that one line coming though.

BTW, before you edited your post, I thought it was an episode that's not been aired yet, and I got really hyped about it. Oh well Lol.

Last edited:
Just a little heads up. You can edit your previews post to avoid double posting. :)

Well, I think the writers are just teasing us Amourshippers to hype us. I didn't see that one line coming though.

BTW, before you edited your post, I thought it was an episode that's not been aired yet, and I got really hyped about it. Oh well Lol.

I really hope Ash finally have a girfriend. If you look to the other series, friends, pokemons, you can see that indirectly it is in this season that we will have a canon couple. If Serena date Ash, it's a sign that Serena is the real girl for Ash. Probably, they will continue traveling together in other region. In XY039, she asked Ash if they will stay together forever and Ash answered that she shouldn't even have asked such an obvious question.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Well I'm pretty sure he knew what a bride was even during those past times. He just never saw the point of having one because he was on his journey and stuff. You know, he probably still doesn't have a clue about Serena and her feelings, so he's still a pretty dense bloke.

I think Serena will have to be more forward. I'm not too worried about an event that will make Ash deeply admire her because I'm sure the show will create a moment like that. Ash values every friend he ever had. Miette did tell Serena that she had to come out and just say something, so that's what I'm expecting. I'm just hoping it's not like at the end of the league because that'd be such a cop out. Unfortunately that's what also when I think it'll happen given the slow progress of the ship but we will see.

I think the level of Ash' denseness fluctuates a lot, for example we have that bride scene, all of Bonnie's asking scenes, and Brock's admiration of Joy/Jenny, and Ash understands it. But then we have episodes like the Glameow, Volbeat x Illumise, Nidoran and Cottonee (he thought a couple was 'having a best buddy') that totally derail his brain. I don't really think at this stage what he knows and what he doesn't know. He might know everything that has to do with love, but never expresses it, or he might no absolutely nothing like Goku: "What's a bride? Is it a type of food?"

Agree with you here though, I believe there will definitely be an episode where Serena does something that allows Ash to totally notice her love of Pokemon, and his admiration for her develops. Unfortunately, I think the confession is going to happen post-arc, or even last episode. I just have a feeling it's going to happen so the writers can drag along all the fans that are waiting for it. Hopefully there's a positive ending to it though, or I'm just wrong.

Sheepy Lamby

Unfortunately, I think the confession is going to happen post-arc, or even last episode. I just have a feeling it's going to happen so the writers can drag along all the fans that are waiting for it. Hopefully there's a positive ending to it though, or I'm just wrong.

Unfortunately... ok, a yes and no to your point dude :cool:
yes, because we wish Ash can be able to open his eyes (and heart) asap to enjoy the relationship more time
no, because a "relationship" will make him lose focus on the league
If a girl just confesses her love for you when you are getting ready for a final game or exam, you won't be able to concentrate on your goal and your head is going to be full of air
only few of us, like me would be mature enough to don't be distracted by the girl, that's why I think the "confession" is going to happen after the league or the final episode

matthew11

8000 MMR
Unfortunately... ok, a yes and no to your point dude :cool:
yes, because we wish Ash can be able to open his eyes (and heart) asap to enjoy the relationship more time
no, because a "relationship" will make him lose focus on the league
If a girl just confesses her love for you when you are getting ready for a final game or exam, you won't be able to concentrate on your goal and your head is going to be full of air
only few of us, like me would be mature enough to don't be distracted by the girl, that's why I think the "confession" is going to happen after the league or the final episode

I think imma have to say no to your no. If Serena confesses to Satoshi pre-league/post-league, he will be able to feel emotionally supported and motivated in winning a league (linking this to my last chapter of my fanfic). This may apply to those who are very focused on their goals, but with two different results; emotionally motivated, or, like what you said, distracted. But considering Satoshi's dense characteristic, I think he will be emotionally motivated and not get too distracted.

Since we've already speculated so much about Captain Oblivious and the possibility of a flashback next ep, we need a new topic. I've been meaning to ask this question, though I don't know if this was already brought up many pages back (I'm gonna assume it was, and I'll bring it up again).

If Gary/Shigeru makes a cameo, what kind of role do you think he will play in this subplot?

Last edited:

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
If Gary/Shigeru makes a cameo, what kind of role do you think he will play in this subplot?

I think if either Gary, or more likely Paul, makes a comeback cameo, I think it won't have a massive impact on Amour. I think Paul wouldn't really care and might make a snide remark on it, and then get dowsed in insults by a now sassy Serena, and Gary, well... he might have a large impact. He could have also been at the summer camp, most likely he was, and he could have a memory with Serena there as well. Plus, Gary has known Ash for a while and could very well tease him about it.

Like Torterra said, it's very possible that Gary could have attended that summer camp- I don't see why he wouldn't have, considering it was run by his grandfather- so in light of that, he could very well have interacted with Serena at some point, therefore they may recognize each other if the gang was to meet up with him in the present (as far as I'm concerned, the writers left the door wide open for Gary's return when they did Ash and Serena's backstory, which is why I want to see him come back). Also, if he happened to see Ash escorting Serena back from the forest all those years ago, I can definitely see him teasing Ash about it (even though they've buried the hatchet), saying something like "So is she your girlfriend now, Ashie boy?" Serena would blush up a storm, and an extremely embarrassed Ash would tell him it's not like that- while possibly blushing as well, depending on how far the ship has progressed by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.