• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfairytrainer

Hey everyone! Just letting out that the mirror episode comes out today in English!
I don't know about anybody else, but I'm excited to see how they do this episode, how they'll change their voices for the mirror Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie etc...

But to keep this AmourShipping related, I am also excited to see how Serena is voiced when she's worrying about Ash being stuck in the mirror world, and how they will handle the ending of the episode when she asks. "We will always be/travel together right?" Something like that anyways aha! I forgot.

Anyway, heres a question!

How do you think the'll handle the AmourShipping parts ?? Like when Mirror Serena asks Serena to take care of Ash, and the ending, etc..
I am watching it right now and I have some info for the dubbed lines, though it didn't really change:
While looking at the mirror worrying: " What are going to do now?Is Ash going to be gone forever?"
They didn't really change the voices just the way they said things.Serena's and Bonnies voiced changed the most.
When Ash returns:
Mirror Serena,"You gotta concentrate on how much you want to travel with Ash!"
"Take care of your Ash,got it!"
At the end:
"Hey Ash, Are we always going to travel together?"
" Of course, I don't want anything to change"
Or something like that, It didn't realm change but I liked it anyway.
Do you think it would be possible for Ash and Serena to have a few episodes by themselves after the Gym Battle with Clemont?
Not after but time before the battle, as I can see Clemont being busy and fixing the things at the gym before the battle.Then they probably train or do something together that strengthens their bond.

Last edited:

Spectro889

At your assistance.
And now for something completely different. Do you think it would be possible for Ash and Serena to have a few episodes by themselves after the Gym Battle with Clemont? I wouldn't be surprised if Clemont's dad wanted him to stay for a little bit to run the Gym and hang out with the family...or maybe the robot has just been too much of a maintenance pain to really be effective as a substitute Gym Leader to the point where Clemont tries for a few days after the Gym Battle with Ash to get his father to sub for him until he finishes his journey with Ash.

It could be possible, indeed.
I and many others would like that. Plus Clemont would need to train as he knows Ash's power and capability (looking at his other gym battles) and will need to work out a strategy to defeat him.
The alone time with Ash and Serena would bring out more hints and their bond strengthening. (plus, we might get some little hints from Ash... probably not though).

As for the actual battle, many have said this previously. Bonnie would be cheering for her bro (why not?), and Serena would be cheering for her love Ash.

I think I mentioned this on another post I made many pages before - it would be very nice at the end of the episode with Ash vs Clemont, to have them looking at the scenery on the top of Prism Tower. (except Ash won't jump off this time)
It'll be a nice touch to end the episode.

What zzz1000120 said, I agree - Clemont's father would probably bring up the point of staying at the Lumiose Gym after the battle, but then Clemont will tell him about continuing his journey with Ash until it's the time to depart. (In XY009, he mentioned, "Even if it's until Ash gets to the Kalos League..". I still think Clemont and Bonnie would stay to watch him in the Kalos League - Serena needs to be there to cheer for her love too

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Do you think it would be possible for Ash and Serena to have a few episodes by themselves after the Gym Battle with Clemont?

eh actually myself would love to see it happens although i know it probably won't occur for some reasons

my guess because after the gym battle, i'm pretty sure citron & eureka would probably still follow to travel with satoshi, they both even said that they promise to accompany him until he reaches the kalos league. but in case satoshi and serena gets separated from citron and eureka then that's a different story and bonus for the amourshippers too of course xd

Nintendawg65

Just watched the mirror episode Dub today! Now I definitely find it significant that MSerena told Serena to "take care" of her Ash. Since that is the same phrase Bonnie uses when asking girls to be romantically involved with her brother Clemont. Let's compare them together.
"I want you to take care of my brother!"
"Take care of your Ash Serena!"

Idk to me that seems significant that MSerena used THAT choice of words when she could have easily said tons of other things like "Hey keep an eye on that reckless person" or something. Oh and the end was cute too of course.

NPT

Just a member
Just finished watching "The Cave of Mirrors", and I gotta admit TPCI did a good job with this episode. The dubbed lines and Amourshipping hints are more or less the same as the japanese version.

I'd love to see something like this, but I don't think the writers are going to do it. In XY009 Clemont said he wants to travel with Ash even if it is until he gets to the Kalos League, so it's obvious that he'll stay with the group.

--VIRGO--

Well. Basing of previous series I would say no. However it's XY. It broke many standards already. So we can't be sure. Everything is possible.

About future episodes. In XY049 on bulbapedia there is a picture of group swimming in water. I know basing on the title it looks like Bonnie based episode but:

Do you think Ash might react in some way to Serena in swimsuit?

About future episodes. In XY049 on bulbapedia there is a picture of group swimming in water. I know basing on the title it looks like Bonnie based episode but:

If so- and I hope he will- I'm thinking it'll be like how he reacted to her Fennekin outfit in ep21- just a blank stare, or possibly even more than that. However, I'm more interested in how Serena will react when she sees Ash shirtless though...

Spectro889

At your assistance.

Easy. The same as he stared at Serena's Fennekin costume in XY021.
Or, if he is that oblivious, he won't say or notice anything at all.

(didn't they have a picture of them on the beach in the ending credits?)

It could probably happen with the same with Serena reacting to Ash in swimsuit - like what dannythemanny514 said. (shirtless and with shorts - seems legit)
But yeah, maybe there won't be as much hints as it's going to be an episode based on Bonnie, like you said. (Bonnie-based episode, awesome.)

We've got a lot of episodes based on Ash, we're about to get XY047 and XY050 which is based on Serena, XY048 which is based on Clemont, and XY049 which is going to be centred around Bonnie.

There could be some hints during that episode, who knows.
Same goes with XY024 (the episode that was delayed due to the S Korea ship sinking) airing in November I believe. Ash and Serena alone in a submarine. ^^

Sheepy Lamby

The question of the day! Bingo!
Dude... poor Ash hormone alert of course he will show his silly face again like when Serena wore the Fokko costume!
haha! Ice bucket challenge anyone? hot topic
I don't think Serena is going to react to see him shirtless, he's not exactly a top model :p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm just glad that Serena's jealousy moments haven't been as prominent lately. Back in early XY I thought she'd have extreme anxiety everytime Ash would interact with another girl, but those worries weren't a problem since she's managed to act maturely. Tbh though, I'm waiting for a scenario where Ash might become jealous of a guy who interacts with Serena.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
I am watching it right now and I have some info for the dubbed lines, though it didn't really change:
While looking at the mirror worrying: " What are going to do now?Is Ash going to be gone forever?"
They didn't really change the voices just the way they said things.Serena's and Bonnies voiced changed the most.
When Ash returns:
Mirror Serena,"You gotta concentrate on how much you want to travel with Ash!"
"Take care of your Ash,got it!"
At the end:
"Hey Ash, Are we always going to travel together?"
" Of course, I don't want anything to change"
Or something like that, It didn't realm change but I liked it anyway.
Not after but time before the battle, as I can see Clemont being busy and fixing the things at the gym before the battle.Then they probably train or do something together that strengthens their bond.

These lines definitely quite similar to the Japanese version, which is nice. I did notice a couple of key differences in other quotes though:
-- After Clemont's dimension converter device has blown up and the camera zooms in on Serena, the English VA makes Serena's voice tremble, like she's about to burst into tears (whereas the Japanese VA just sounds much softer/hushed). As this Serena fights back her tears, the English dub throws in a really sad sounding harp in the background; in the Japanese version there's no music there. Basically, the English version's combination of Serena's trembling voice and the sad harp makes her look and sound absolutely devastated...oh the FEELS, I just wanted to give the poor girl a hug :(
-- I wasn't a fan of how the English VAs handled the mirror-world counterparts for the most part. Serena's VA tries to make M-Serena sound tougher but her voice is too falsetto for it to work IMHO. M-Clemont sounds pretty much the same as his real-world counterpart in my view, while I felt like M-Bonnie just had all the life sucked out of her. That's a bit OT though.
-- Near the end, the English dub emphasizes that Ash hopes to keep traveling with Serena, Clemont and Bonnie "as friends" as opposed to what, business partners or polyamorous lovers?. Right after Ash returns, he says of his mirror counterparts: "They said they're all gonna continue to travel together as friends. So let's do that too!" Guess English-version Ash needs to make it absolutely clear to all those overbearing American parents out there that he doesn't have the hots yet for Serena? Don't worry, I'm sure when English-version Serena heard that, she immediately made plans to bust out that Fennekin outfit of hers again during the beach episode.
-- When Serena asks Ash if they'll keep traveling together, Bonnie no longer says that they'll all be together forever. Instead she says "We'll always be a team!"

Overall I prefer the Japanese version's Amourshippiness (to each his/her own), but the English one did a pretty good job overall too, especially in the close-up shot of sad Serena. I'm glad the English version stayed true to the Japanese version's intent with Serena's lines, I was just a bit puzzled by Ash's "as friends" remark.

The question of the day! Bingo!
Dude... poor Ash hormone alert of course he will show his silly face again like when Serena wore the Fokko costume!
haha! Ice bucket challenge anyone? hot topic
I don't think Serena is going to react to see him shirtless, he's not exactly a top model :p

I'd like to see Ash react with the silly face, too. A bit of a blush would be the icing on the cake but we all know the animators won't go that far, right?.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king

Great question! :)

I would actually rather see them have some episodes alone BEFORE the Clemont Gym.

Maybe have Ash/Serena, and Bonnie/Clemont split Up, so they can both Train and prepare strategies alone.

As long as I still get my galla episode, where they dance, I will be fine.

chicorita3

Well if they all come out together with their swimsuit than no, but if she comes out independently than yes!
It's only if the writers feel like they want to add that in! remember we have to consider the writers!Even if we don't want to

Sheepy Lamby

The dub was decent and Serena's lines were properly translated IMO. (Which is good for Amourshipping!)
I'm glad that happened, they didn't spoil the raw version.

Did you guys hear about the volcano that erupted in japan?
YOu know what this means, RIGHT?
ENTEI;244;

(seriously though, I hope everyone is okay:()
I know this is totally out of topic:
32 people are missing after the volcano eruption in Japan.
I know it wasn't your intention :) but the comment is out of place :(
Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:

Matthewthemeowth

Forgive me Giovanni
Yeah, of course. I think Ash will be unable to resist the temptation and may try to find excuses to leave the group for a while.

BTW when I rewatched Arceus and the Jewel of Life, I found an interesting part.
When Brock confessed to Sheena, he said something like he can encourage Sheena by saying, 'Pain, Pain, Go away'
--> And Satoshi did say that to Serena when he was young.

I know this is totally out of topic:
32 people are missing after the volcano eruption in Japan.
4 people were buried alive (premature buried) and 32 people were seriously injured. Pray for the souls of the injuries and dead.

Sheepy Lamby

Yeah, of course. I think Ash will be unable to resist the temptation and may try to find excuses to leave the group for a while.

BTW when I rewatched Arceus and the Jewel of Life, I found an interesting part.
When Brock confessed to Sheena, he said something like he can encourage Sheena by saying, 'Pain, Pain, Go away'
--> And Satoshi did say that to Serena when he was young.
Coincidence?? hmmm...
What do you mean with temptation? lol!
I agree! It is a temptation! :cool:

Yes, it is highly possible that Ash and Serena will be together alone for some couple of episodes but that is before Ash face Clemont in a gym match instead of after. Clemont cannot stick around with Ash because Ash has to train and learn some strategies against him and it would be unfair if he sticks around. Clemont has to go back to his gym and prepare for it. Bonnie might either stick around with his brother (Maybe visit their father for a while) or remain with Ash and Serena (but I hope she DOES go back with Clemont). Maybe for one or two episodes before the gym match, Ash and Serena will have all the time for themselves alone. Crosses fingers for a little date even if it's not heavily implied

Also, sorry but I just felt like mentioning this but I think hints in this weeks episode, Ash gave most of the hints (staring at Serena and recalling what she said). In his previous gym matches:
Vs Viola: Serena gave most of the hints (from the time she reunited with Ash up to his training at the end)
Vs Viola (Rematch): Quite fair on both sides (Serena's cheering for Ash and when Alexa tells Serena that it was all thanks to her that Ash is fired up again)
Vs Grant: serena gave the most hints (Being too worried of Ash)

I hope this keeps up.

Last edited:

Spectro889

At your assistance.
Yes, it is highly possible that Ash and Serena will be together alone for some couple of episodes but that is before Ash face Clemont in a gym match instead of after. Clemont cannot stick around with Ash because Ash has to train and learn some strategies against him and it would be unfair if he sticks around. Clemont has to go back to his gym and prepare for it. Bonnie might either stick around with his brother (Maybe visit their father for a while) or remain with Ash and Serena (but I hope she DOES go back with Clemont). Maybe for one or two episodes before the gym match, Ash and Serena will have all the time for themselves alone. Crosses fingers for a little date even if it's not heavily implied

Also, sorry but I just felt like mentioning this but I think hints in this weeks episode, Ash gave most of the hints (staring at Serena and recalling what she said). In his previous gym matches:
Vs Viola: Serena gave most of the hints (from the time she reunited with Ash up to his training at the end)
Vs Viola (Rematch): Quite fair on both sides (Serena's cheering for Ash and when Alexa tells Serena that it was all thanks to her that Ash is fired up again)
Vs Grant: serena gave the most hints (Being too worried of Ash)

I hope this keeps up.

Me too, I hope this keeps us as well. I liked how Serena wasn't as worried as Ash's battle against Grant, because she is starting to build-up confidence in him. It was also a very nice touch when Ash got really frustrated on what move to do next, he turned and faced Serena with the worried look on her face - then the flashback rolls in. (very good idea there writers)

There may possibly be some hints in Ash's future gym battle against Ramos (He played Gogoat Simulator to train his Gogoat. *facepalm*)
I hope to see more motivation from her during that gym battle too, and we are expecting hints from Clemont's gym battle as well.

Agreed there.

According to the new episode announcement, it looks like Ash's Froakie will be evolving and will be meeting up with Sanpei again (Confirmed to be XY052): http://i.imgur.com/Ewrl0rJ.png

Last edited:

Amphicoelias

Stargazing dinosaur
Even the smallest of Ash's hints are appreciated. It'd be rather unfortunate if there was absolutely no development at all aside from Serena throwing hints every now and again. We can only hope to see Ash's goofy stare in the beach episode and hopefully, someday, he actually passes some remark on how Serena looks. Actually, let's hope to go beyond that with Ash eventually showing a more romantic side for a change. Kind of sucks that the only time he showed anything remotely of an interest in a girl (that is confirmed for definite) was early on in the original series for a CoTD. So a hint that rivals or knocks the Giselle ones off the pedestal would definitely be more than in order and appropriate to ask for. Serena and Ash have a chemistry, Giselle and Ash didn't. Anyway, this Amourshipping aspect really could add a lot more depth to him as a character by showing him in another light too. I'm all for it, despite not caring about shipping in Pokemon in the past series. Amourshipping has my attention as there is a confirmed and canonical basis for it.

People keep saying about how Serena and Ash could only become a couple if Ash's journey was to finish here. (My opinion is different. I feel Serena could still travel with Ash. Brock managed it for ages and it could be possible for Serena to not wind up feeling like a 3rd wheel as Ash's girlfriend. My opinion but that doesn't mean this is a fact.) Does anyone else get the feeling that by extending the specials in the side story that they may be building up to do just that? I mean, introducing a new and cool character like Alain, build him up by giving him a story, goals and establish him by also giving him a travelling companion with their own goals and so on. From there, then letting Ash win the league, S̶e̶r̶e̶n̶a̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶s̶h̶ and Alain to become the new main character of the show after all the work put into him. Then tada, Ash and Serena can wind up together. I don't know, this side story thing personally makes me think this could be a build up to introduce a new character/protagonist. Just me who feels that way?

Writers, do not disappoint us. You've dug yourselves in deep by going along with this and we can only hope this opportunity does not go to waste. I reckon even Odin himself will step down from Asgard to set rabid wolves upon the writers if they wind up just trolling with this. Hahaha.

Last edited:

Spectro889

At your assistance.
Even the smallest of Ash's hints are appreciated. It'd be rather unfortunate if there was absolutely no development at all aside from Serena throwing hints every now and again. We can only hope to see Ash's goofy stare in the beach episode and hopefully, someday, he actually passes some remark on how Serena looks. Actually, let's hope to go beyond that with Ash eventually showing a more romantic side for a change. Kind of sucks that the only time he showed anything remotely of an interest in a girl (that is confirmed for definite) was early on in the original series for a CoTD. So a hint that rivals or knocks the Giselle ones off the pedestal would definitely be more than in order and appropriate to ask for. Serena and Ash have a chemistry, Giselle and Ash didn't. Anyway, this Amourshipping aspect really could add a lot more depth to him as a character by showing him in another light too. I'm all for it, despite not caring about shipping in Pokemon in the past series. Amourshipping has my attention as there is a confirmed and canonical basis for it.

People keep saying about how Serena and Ash could only become a couple if Ash's journey was to finish here. (My opinion is different. I feel Serena could still travel with Ash. Brock managed it for ages and it could be possible for Serena to not wind up feeling like a 3rd wheel as Ash's girlfriend. My opinion but that doesn't mean this is a fact.) Does anyone else get the feeling that by extending the specials in the side story that they may be building up to do just that? I mean, introducing a new and cool character like Alain, build him up by giving him a story, goals and establish him by also giving him a travelling companion with their own goals and so on. From there, then letting Ash win the league, S̶e̶r̶e̶n̶a̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶s̶h̶ and Alain to become the new main character of the show after all the work put into him. Then tada, Ash and Serena can wind up together. I don't know, this side story thing personally makes me think this could be a build up to introduce a new character/protagonist. Just me who feels that way?

Writers, do not disappoint us. You've dug yourselves in deep by going along with this and we can only hope this opportunity does not go to waste.

That is some very good points outlined. Brilliant comment!

I still believe that Ash could travel in his journeys if Amourshipping were to become canon thus making Serena his girlfriend. This was mentioned many pages back.. they could make another saga with those two as a couple, they could put the next saga as a timeskip with Ash and Serena's children (if they become married of course), making them be the protagonists. Many people say that if this is Ash's last saga, Amourshipping has a higher possibility of actually happening. I could see Alain being a good main protagonist, I like his character - plus the mega evolution battles are superb. Just shows how Pokemon's animation has improved since 15 years ago with the first series (despite me not watching it).

Ash is very determined to win the league in this region, also seeing the gym battles shows that he has matured, he is more smarter in his battles compared to the previous region. He is also seems to slowly degrade his denseness, which is a very good sign. XY040, is a brilliant example of Ash doing this. Also with XY044, he looks up to Serena when he needs help on what to do next, then the flashback occurs and he uses that as motivation to win the remaining battles. As some other people said, even if Ash wins the league - he can go to other regions and fight to win the leagues there and beat the champions, alongside Serena (depending if the writers make it canon or not).

The writers have made this a big factor in the anime, attracting more fans to join in and so on. I was talking to one of my friends the other day, and the head writer likes Serena's character - I'm pretty sure they are aware about Amourshipping and how big it is. We have many episodes to go still, the episodes unveiled today are really exciting and hyping me up too, XY024, XY047 and XY050 have potential of bringing out some good hints. It's the fact that Amourshipping is unique compared to other ships, and the chance of it becoming canon is higher. But we should still remember that we shouldn't hope or hype too much about this being canon, it's all depending on what the writers do.

Very good post Amphicoelias. ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.