• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

--VIRGO--

Here's an interesting question for you people
If Serena had a different role, (A.k.A, she never went to the summer camp, A.k.A no childhood memories, no saving and definitely no crushings involved. She's a different person) would you still ship amourshipping like you currently do? Why or why not?

Great question you gave right now. First of all I switched from Pearl to Amour because of the great design Serena have. I liked Dawn so I would like Serena as well if it was only about her design. However the fact that they know each other from their childhood and that Ash saved her before isn't meaningless.

Before I come into conclusion I say that those events in her past likely affected her person. I mean she kept his handkerchief for all this time and wanted to see him again. Was very excited to meet him again which eventually led her to fall in love with him. Not puppy love ignoring all his flaws. But healthy one when Serena accepts him as a whole with all his assets and flaws.
Well she never liked that camp and there is a chance that would isolate her from people. But we won't ever find that out.
Probably she wouldn't start her journey at the moment she did. Unlike Ash or Dawn she didn't start her journey right after she turned 10. She was training Rhyhorn Races already so she was after her 10th birthday. Ash was the reason why she decided to leave home and pick her first Pokémon. She wanted to meet her childhood hero. They probably would never met.

So concluding. If those event in her past never occurred and if she didn't fall in love with Ash but assuming she would travel with him anyway I would ship them anyway however not as much as I do now.

Last edited:

dvrandom

If Serena had a different role, (A.k.A, she never went to the summer camp, A.k.A no childhood memories, no saving and definitely no crushings involved. She's a different person) would you still ship amourshipping like you currently do? Why or why not?

Hey good question!
I think I would have done it anyway, but the fact that they share memories and serenas crush and so on, just makes it more interesting to ship amourshipping.
IF we look back to dawn and may I felt like they had their rivals Benny and Drew, so it never felt this real. :)

Great question! I'm in the same boat as Bingo on this subject (and he explained it better than I ever could)- seeing as how the whole reason Serena started her journey in the first place was to see Ash again, she could very well still be stuck at home training for Rhyhorn races if that wasn't the case.

However, in the unlikely event that she and Ash met under those circumstances, I would probably still ship them to some extent (because let's face it, they are cute together), just nowhere near as much as I am now since the factors that made Amourshipping so popular in the first place wouldn't be involved.

Teebu

Probably to the same level that i ship Ash with May or Dawn, id like them because I'm nice and want the main character to be happy :p but it wouldnt be the same. The fact that they do have a history, however brief and one sided it is, makes all the difference to me and is what sets this particular ship apart from the others in the anime. I hope they do a few more flashback scenes of different times during that summer camp.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Had Serena never had a childhood crush on Ash then Amourshipping would probably be like what Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping were in their respective sagas. People shipped May and Dawn with Ash and saw hints (or what they wanted to see), so I'm sure Serena would be the same.

Basically Serena's interactions with Ash would have been more similar to May and Dawn's then.

_Dog

I probably wouldn't be here then, would I? =)

It's those very things that caused me to join the thread. That introduction, camping scene and the fact that Serena has an actual canon crush on Ash (something even Wikipedia* recognized at one point) are the reasons why I read this thread and decided to create an account. If it weren't for these, we may have had something similar to May and Dawn in their respective shippings (as CyberCubed mentioned above), and that doesn't interest me. I'm likely not alone in this regard, either, as many people have come back the Pokemon show because of AmourShipping (I welcome you new users). This thread wouldn't have had so much pages either. And PokeShippers wouldn't feel so threatened

I feel some good music would be good for this thread.

Here's a song I think perfectly fits little Serena shortly after the camp scene. I think it perfectly fits what she had in her mind after being saved by Ash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bRdDL6uZ74

*Wikipedia mentioned Serena's crush on Ash at one point but was removed later. She also has her own Japanese Wikipedia article, so to anyone who knows Japanese: are there any interesting insights in that article concerning AmourShipping?

zzz1000120

*Wikipedia mentioned Serena's crush on Ash at one point but was removed later. She also has her own Japanese Wikipedia article, so to anyone who knows Japanese: are there any interesting insights in that article concerning AmourShipping?
Remember Wikipedia isn't the most reliable site in the world so don't rely on wiki because anyone edit them.

That is an interesting question. I would be likely to ship them bit but I wouldn't be my top Ashxfemalecompanion ship because we don't have a back story, a crush, or a major reason to ship them (well for me anyway) other than the fact that they look like a cute couple. This does make me curious though why they are making Serena like this, they can easily make her just like you describe.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
She also has her own Japanese Wikipedia article, so to anyone who knows Japanese: are there any interesting insights in that article concerning AmourShipping?

It runs through the major shippy scenes, but there's nothing in there you didn't already know. Wikipedia isn't a place for fan speculation, so it just runs through the facts without too much commentary.

Takeshino

武 志信
Hey I`m also new here^^
A few things about me: I am 18 years old, I am german (so donnot expect perfect english) and I like Pokemon in general.

Yay! Another German person, i'm German too (hallo):D who else is German?(i know is a bit late... )
Back to amourshipping:
Giving that Ash does love Serena but doesn't know it yet, when is the perfect moment for him to "discover" it? (without any outside help)

Yay! Another German person, i'm German too (hallo):D who else is German?(i know is a bit late... )
Back to amourshipping:
Giving that Ash does love Serena but doesn't know it yet, when is the perfect moment for him to "discover" it? (without any outside help)

Was geht ab:D Deutsche Power!
Ne kurze Frage an dich: Wo schaust du den Anime an? Mit Englischem oder deutschem Sub? Kannst mir n link schicken, weil ich finde keine gute Seite^^

I think that if he will discover it he will do it when he:
1) wins the Kalos League or
2) when he will lose again in the Kalos League and realizes that the most important thing in his life isnt to become the Poke Champ rather become Serenas Boyfriend^^ (too much hope...)

izmir

I probably would not ship them.Serena actually likes Ash and that's what makes the Amourshipping unique and different.I'm supporting Amourshipping for this reason.

By the way I'm also new here as you noticed :) I am Turkish and big fan of pokémon games and anime.Glad to be here :D

rohitx

well if that was the case
i would still ship it
as i think serena has an amazing personality and she matches the best for ash

Hey guys! I've been following this thread for a while now and I finally decided to join. I'm from Malaysia, and I'm an avid Amourshipper (needless to say. Hahah). As to the question of whether I would still feel the same about amourshipping if Serena didn't have the same role as she has right now, I don't think I would as much. I was an AdvanceShipper, then a PearlShipper. And the transition from PokeShipping to AdvanceShipping took me around 20 episodes you can say. Similar for Advance to PearlShipping. But I loved Amourshipping almost since I knew she shared a history with him.

As to Amourshipping as a whole, I think this season was just introducing AmourShipping to us. Which is why I feel we see fewer hints from Ash's side. Now I expect there will be at least three, if not four XY seasons. So this is the first season, and the intro to AmourShipping. Now that they have given Serena a dream and stuff, they will probably start elaborating on Amour in the next season, which I expect will be after XY052- after Froakie evolves into Frogadier? So I think we will see a few hints in XY050, and XY052. And then more from Ash's side next season onwards.

I can be fairly positive about AmourShipping eventually becoming canon because the writers have dug themselves a huge pit here. I'm sure many, many people, including myself returned to watching the PokeSeries only because of AmourShipping. Frankly, I had given up on Pokemon after watching a bit of BW. It was pathetic. And Nintendo has reason to bring back fans like me, and many others similar to me. The games sell mainly to their loyalists. I have never bought a Pokemon game in my life. i have played them on emulators. But I am going to actually buy a 3DS to play Pokemon X and OR next month. I'm sure they have noticed well enough that there are fewer new fans (kids) and that most are the remaining ones. Back to the point, why introduce Serena as a childhood friend of ash, confirm that she has a crush on him and all if they just wanted to throw her away in the next gen? You may argue that it is to bring back people like me and that's it. But remember that if AmourShipping isn't made canon, we'll go ballistic. It will be seen as trolling the viewers and that really won't go well. They'll lose sales badly. After BW, I don't think they can afford another such mistake.

Moreover, they also recognize that viewers are getting tired of the same thing rinsed over and over again. They can very well stick with Ash and Serena, and then two new travel partners for Gen 7 if they really want to change Clemont and Bonnie (hope they don't). They did that with Ash, Brock and Misty from Kanto to Johto. They had Brock stick around till the end of Diamond and Pearl. So why not Serena? Anyway, point is, we have fair enough reason to think that AmourShipping will be made a reality. And in my opinion, we'll see more Ash side hints in XY Season 2, and then it will move towards canon in Season 3. That's all for now :D

Sorry for the long post. Glad to be here :)

well if that was the case
i would still ship it
as i think serena has an amazing personality and she matches the best for ash

Like I said, she has a different character, as in she's not your typical "sweet and caring girl", say she's the game/manga Serena type. (But to be frank, I really like the game/manga Serena more than the girly girl Serena)

In any case, to answer my own question, No. The childhood back story and crushing are what got me into this ship (Hell, you wouldn't even see me in this thread in the first place).

Next question:
Tying this up to my earlier question, would you still be watching XY even without the "unique" amourshipping? Or was amourshipping the sole reason you were watching the show in the first place?

Next question:
Tying this up to my earlier question, would you still be watching XY even without the "unique" amourshipping? Or was amourshipping the sole reason you were watching the show in the first place?

It was definitely one of the main reasons I'm back. I happened to see a post about Serena on 9GAG, and it got my curiosity. So I decided to watch the series. And I simply loved it. Especially because of Serena. Also I had very low expectations anyway. And the designs of the Pokemon are quite good. So yeah. Main reason, Serena and AmourShipping :D

--VIRGO--

Back to amourshipping:

Well I believe it is somewhat a case. You remember XY007 how nervous he acted while inviting Serena to travel with him or Pokevision episode. His suspended state was something. I think he is in some way attracted to her but doesn't realize it. Well the perfect moment for him to realize his is right in the Pokémon League. Like for example in Shalour Gym Battle. When hi will be about to part his ways with friends, he will realize that everything he achieved in Kalos was thanks to Serena and he need her still. And after some TR scene Serena will go missing (for example due he saving her Pokémon) he will realize that not only that he need her to achieve his dream but he need Serena in his live as well.

Like I said, she has a different character, as in she's not your typical "sweet and caring girl", say she's the game/manga Serena type. (But to be frank, I really like the game/manga Serena more than the girly girl Serena)

In any case, to answer my own question, No. The childhood back story and crushing are what got me into this ship (Hell, you wouldn't even see me in this thread in the first place).

Next question:

Well despite my favorite shipping gone at this moment (I mean the start of BW series) I still watched this series despite I didn't like it much. Maybe there was any shipping to support for me and Ash developed terribly (easily loosing some battles [to Cheren, Bianca's Father, Cress, second battle with Trip] and loosing Pokémon League in worst ever fashion [not counting Kanto League]). But I've watched all episodes so I would probably watch XY. But with amour I gives me way more satisfaction.

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
Anyway, instead of captioning this, quote me this!
[img139]http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/300/6/0/amourshipping_by_digi_fan111-d84caal.jpg[/img139]

I don't know what you mean by quote, but:

Damn it! I can't get hold of the sun!

Next question:

I wouldn't ask an obvious question here.. Yeah, amourshipping is the only reason why I and almost every amourshipper started watching the show again. That's all.

Last edited:

PedroPablo

Next question:

Hi everyone, as other people said, I have been reading this thread for a while, and I finally decided to create an account. Something about me, I am 26 now and I am from Chile. I started watching the anime since the beginning (1996 I guess), but AG was really boring to me, so I decided to not watch it again. A friend told me this year about the new Gen, about this new character "Serena" and really got me interested. So I decided to watch the anime since the episode that I have left. XY got me a really good impression. Ash finally showed some maturity and I was delighted with Serena's character. I said this because if my friend did not tell me about Serena and that she has a canonical crush on Ash, I have never watched the anime again. So yeah, Serena is the main reason why I came back to watch pokemon.

Sorry for some misspell that I could have, I am not a native english speaker xD

Last edited:

izmir

Yes, main reason.I probably never would have started watching pokemon anime again if it weren't for Serena and Ash.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】

Next question:

...I'm not sure.

I mean, there was a time when I didn't care about shipping at all (except for finding some pairings highly annoying), but I've actually grown to like Amourshipping now. I'm pretty sure if they ditched it now, I'd stop caring for Pokémon, this time for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.