• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Aker

@KG_Prestige: Also the discussion will be up a little later today. Gotta handle something first. : P
@KG_Prestige: Amourshipping fans, prepare the fort. I smell a war approaching us soon. And it won't look pretty.

They've already started, just not in the way you might think. Some of our fellow Amour folk (or just trolls) are going around bragging and rubbing this episode title in the faces of opposing shippers around tumblr. And needless to say, it's gotten people (even some neutral folk) pretty angry.

I honestly wonder how Japan is handling this news in their fandom?

So I just slept and woke up to find that there are three new pages. And I still can't believe that XY059 really has that name. I feel that the !? is inconsequential. They have clearly overused it in many episode titles; as someone pointed out. Now my take on it-

Its not a pre-planned date; that's for sure. I don't know why the blonde siblings didn't join, but that's the way things are; and I for one am not complaining. They go shopping, and they utilize the time to get to know each other better. Now XY053 may give us a better picture. If it is an episode where Ash attempts to defend Serena's dream, then I think we can be certain of some very cute and shippy interactions in XY059. If not, then the chances are slightly dampened- although not too much because the episode was still named that way. TR would definitely make an entry; they'd probably even tease the lovebirds. Going by the screen capture of the episode that they showed us- Ash and Serena in a balcony in the sunset- that's where I expect the really cute interactions.

Now this episode is definitely not making amour canon. I think this episode is the "push" we discussed for Ash to open his eyes (finally!). Except that instead of Lumiose or Laverre Gym, it is happening in Courmarine City. I think it is in that sunset scene that Ash will start to finally feel really different about Serena. From there on, it is possible to develop it. (so looks like my fanfic needs some modification). All in all, this episode will be great. I think this is why it was called a date. Its not that Ash or Serena think it is one- it is just that their interactions, and the fact that it was just the two of them (thank you Clemont and Bonnie for staying away) made it look like a date.

It would be really nice and funny if Clemont and Bonnie spied on them :p All in all, the next set of episodes after XY052 are simply amazing!

Meanwhile guys, let's have one moment of silence for the dead hype for XY024, which is going to air today. I guess everyone forgot it, and XY052 given all this new hype :D

EDIT: I hope that none of you here are going to act like a horde of illiterates riding on a donkey and screaming out this episode's name at the faces of other shippers. Respect their feelings and views, and also be the better person.

Viex

Well I'm not one to spike the football but...at least we have the option to rubb it in people's face. Since some amourshippers are still annoyed about the other ships telling them that the show looked like they were dropping the subplot.

Ninten199X

Showdown! User
Ah, wonderful.
More AmourShipping. Even if the episode doesn't involve an actual date, there'll still be some romantic stuff in there. The new episode titles excite me. We get this, plus Frogadier and Goomy are pretty much confirmed for Ash's team!

Well I'm not one to spike the football but...at least we have the option to rubb it in people's face. Since some amourshippers are still annoyed about the other ships telling them that the show looked like they were dropping the subplot.

Two things come to my mind:

An eye for an eye makes the world go blind- Gandhi

If you stopped to throw stones at every dog that barked at you in your way, you'll never reach your destination- Churchill.

I know how the other shippers constantly tried to pull down Amour. But that gives us no reason to go and say, "In your face!" I think they have already seen it just as we have; and there's really no point in trying to aggravate them any further. Don't take advantage of the shield of anonymity that you have in the internet. Remember that you do the same in a politically charged environment, you could spark off a riot. So if you wouldn't do it outside, why do it here?

Last edited:

Pokévision

Braixenation
They've already started, just not in the way you might think. Some of our fellow Amour folk (or just trolls) are going around bragging and rubbing this episode title in the faces of opposing shippers around tumblr. And needless to say, it's gotten people (even some neutral folk) pretty angry.

Ugh trolls giving us a bad name. Maybe enough to influence the writers to become more cautious? Must have been really bad behaviour to get the neutral folk angry...
EDIT: I hope that none of you here are going to act like a horde of illiterates riding on a donkey and screaming out this episode's name at the faces of other shippers. Respect their feelings and views, and also be the better person.
I agree, I see absolutely no need to rub the episode title in other people's faces. No need to offend other people and make the S.S Amour look like a pirate ship.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Ugh trolls giving us a bad name. Maybe enough to influence the writers to become more cautious? Must have been really bad behaviour to get the neutral folk angry...

The writers probably don't give two ***** about the way people behave towards the ship, or their writing in general over here. Japan is probably the only thing that matters to them, and I'd like to think they're a bit more mature about this or at least deal with trolling without getting too pissed. That's why I was curious to see how Japan was reacting to this news. I kinda knew how the shipping fandom would react here.

Pokévision

Braixenation
You know, I just noticed it, Serena is a pinch taller than Ash, isn't she?

I think this has been discussed a few times in the hundreds of pages before, but their relative heights seem to fluctuate based on who's animating the episode. It's hard to really say who's taller on a consistent basis.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I am excited for some Serena x Ash interactions. Despite what might happen, there is sure to be hints in this episode.

That's why I was curious to see how Japan was reacting to this news. I kinda knew how the shipping fandom would react here.

Yes, same here. I could care less about the reaction here because I know for a fact that the writers don't/won't care. I wish pK was still here to give us insight...

Heh, in Japan, the Amours are the victims... not of the other ships, but from the yaoi pairings. In Japan (I read 2ch today), IIRC, the dominant ones IN EVERY ANIME are the homo shippings (being Pallet, CafeMocha and Coma the biggest 3). Amour is right now the most of the hetero-ships, but it pales in comparison to the yaoi-pairings and gets all the harassment.

Prophet time:

With my Kanassian powers (like Bardock xDDDDD), I predict SatoSere would be TT on Twitter Japan in february if the hype gets hyper in the January and February issues of Coro Coro.

Heck, the hype was on NaruHina levels, and by consequence, Amourshipping related searchs were trending on Google Search some hours ago (according to a post in 4chan)!!!!

Last edited:

Melody93

<--Yay New me!

they're basically just as shocked:
https://twitter.com/search?q= サトシとセレナ初デート&src=typd

I really think though the date will be forced probably by Serena's Mom or a amourshipper character. (is Serena's mom in the episode?) I can't see Serena asking because she's so shy in nature.

It will be cute though Ash probably be oblivious to it. I remember in Hamtaro anime Hamtaro was like "what is a boyfriend? What is a date?" lol I can kinda see that happening for Ash.

Edit: well as least Ash knows what marriage is lol!

Last edited:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!

taeuknam

My friend owes me $50 now. :)

But seriously, my faith in this ship has been restored to the extent that it was around XY007 aired. How much, you ask? Well, let's let one of my posts a year back do the talking.

i want ash to get serena pregnant by the end of gen 6

I stand by my very first second post.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
they're basically just as shocked:
https://twitter.com/search?q= サトシとセレナ初デート&src=typd

I really think though the date will be forced probably by Serena's Mom or a amourshipper character. (is Serena's mom in the episode?) I can't see Serena asking because she's so shy in nature.

It will be cute though Ash probably be oblivious to it. I remember in Hamtaro anime Hamtaro was like "what is a boyfriend? What is a date?" lol I can kinda see that happening for Ash.

Edit: well as least Ash knows what marriage is lol!

Yup, that's idiot shounen hero behavior for you. Also just like Goku and "Hey Krillin, what's a bride?" or "Goku! Wedding is not a food!"

By the way, KGPrestige's video is now up for those who are interested (though not sure if linking to YouTube videos is allowed here).

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
About all the hating.

I wanna say a BIG THANK YOU for those on tumblr not bringing up pokeshipping (or any other Ash ship) as to regards to this new episode title and rubbing in our faces. I'm sorry about the shippers that said amourshipping plot had been forgotten (because of the hint drought and Serena's new goal) I assure you I wasn't one of them! and I knew it was a matter of time before hints came back anyway. and Also since there's alot unknown about this new epi so shouting it's canon already is abit too soon too so try not to do that too much either. (can understand the excitement though)

Last edited:

AshSerena

Wow... i miss this forum.. not visiting since last episode. then i check it today and saw all those upcoming episodes.. all i can say is..Im so Excitedddddd
is this the first time in pokemon history that they tittle 1 episode as a Date? or ash first date?
And im really looking foward for today episode but after i saw all this upcoming.. i really dont care about today episode anymore :p

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Ugh, this has me really worried, as a Pokeshipper! Eheh, you guys are keeping it in perspective, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got a hint from Ash, blushing or something like that! Boo, now I'm depressed! Ah, and I have to worry about it until February... Haha. I know you guys are really excited though:). It's not as bad feeling sad if someone else gets to be happy.

Thanks for being respectful of everyone else's feelings!

Last edited:
Boy..to think one scan of a magazine article added 6 pages to this thread. LOL. I know I sound stupid, but I still can't believe we got such an episode coming up. And just earlier yesterday, we were trying to speculate hints in XY024, XY052 against the odds, and were psyched up for XY053 hoping that would be the end of our drought. And now we are looking forward to the now fabled and infamous XY059, which is almost 2 and half months away! Come on guys..think about poor Hawlucha; who fought hard against a shiny Hawlucha, and Froakie who evolved to Frogadier to keep us happy. :p

I also see speculation that it was Grace who instigated them to go on a date. I disagree with you. First off, I doubt its a planned date. Second, even if it is, its definitely not Grace who instigated it. To explain the absence of the blonde siblings, it is possible that Serena just mentioned to Ash that they wanted to go shopping; and Ash agreed. Clemont might have agreed too, but Bonnie would've discouraged Clemont from going; because she suspected that Serena had something else in mind. There is that possibility!

Ugh, this has me really worried, as a Pokeshipper! Eheh, you guys are keeping it in perspective, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got a hint from Ash, blushing or something like that! Boo, now I'm depressed! Ah, and I have to worry about it until February... Haha. I know you guys are really excited though:). It's not as bad feeling sad if someone else gets to be happy.

Thanks for being respectful of everyone else's feelings!

Hahah i feel you man. I feel the same way when someone ships May and Drew. Although to me the ContestShipping was rather one-sided from Drew's side, and I turned into a PearlShipper and then an AmourShipper, I still don't like it when someone brings up ContestShipping :p I definitely expect a hint from Ash.

Why wouldn't we show respect? After all, the episode hasn't aired yet. And even if it did, there are decent Pokeshippers, Advance and Pearl shippers like yourself. Why should we aggravate you when you don't try to aggravate us? Even if you did, we could always be the more decent people. :)

Azurelight

The Key of Destiny
You know, I just noticed it, Serena is a pinch taller than Ash, isn't she?

Usually at that age, most girls are taller than boys the same age; that changes though with the onslaught of temporal and physical growth, but maybe it's a hint of its own? I remember in FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Winry began to notice Ed's shoulders looking broader as her feelings for him intensified; maybe as the series progresses, Serena will begin to see Ash as taller; it's a symbolic thing really: it symbolizes a form of admiration, a sense of seeing someone in a higher and more respectable light. In this case, it would probably be intensified feelings and a stronger sense of admiration on Serena's part for Ash.

But again, these are just theories! I do understand there is quite a bit of symbolism in Pokemon though, something I really appreciate. It's like that thing from the Diancie movie a lot of people are talking about: the Delphox trainer and the Greninja trainer (I haven't seen the movie) having a canonical relationship? A fun thing to point out, the girl with the Chesnaught has glasses, just like Clemont! Any room for correspondence to the heroes of the XY series? But again, this is only based off of the theories of others and my personal perspective; feel free to be skeptical :)

Oh and guys, I think it's best that we assert a neutral position on ship wars. It's not right for people to bully others about something like this. It's a mere indication of insecurity on the bully's port; and I'm not accusing anyone here of advocating any such behavior! In fact, I feel that this particular group of members on this thread are very mature and diplomatic so I thought it would be a good example for others. I really appreciate that we can all discuss other ships here without turning it into a fiasco, and besides, doing that leads to off-topic discussion. So let's try to show everyone how civil we are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.