• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Why wouldn't we show respect? After all, the episode hasn't aired yet. And even if it did, there are decent Pokeshippers, Advance and Pearl shippers like yourself. Why should we aggravate you when you don't try to aggravate us? Even if you did, we could always be the more decent people.

Oh, I didn't mean that I expected otherwise. I just know that there are militant shippers of every ship and fandom out there, and that type would lord something like this over others. I'm just saying I appreciate that you guys aren't like that. It is pretty impressive, actually, that there hasn't been a single post like that since this all started, even just from someone getting overly excited.

Dark_Giratina

ダークオーラ
What's up everybody!!! Dark_Giratina is back! Sorry I've been gone so long; college is brutally murdering me (engineering, it is absolutely brutal)! Plus my acapella group just got into ICCA so I've been quite busy with that! Just had to come back especially after hearing about the date episode!

My hype has been over the top for this episode, since I've been hearing so much negativity from many Pokeshippers and somehow Palletshippers. This hype train is progressing forward at full speed.

My prediction for the episode:
After reading some of the past pages, it looks like people think that Serena won't step up to the plate and ask him out. However, I don't think that Ash will either, just not from the get-go. I have a feeling Bonnie or Clemont will implant the idea of going on a date with Serena in Ash's head. Then, Ash will contemplate on this idea and then ask her out. Then they have their shopping date (no doubt Ash will have the chance to ogle Serena). After, I'm not expecting them to kiss (wouldn't that be great) but I am thinking they will at least hug then make a promise to each other that they will stay together under the Tree of Promises. Afterward, I'm thinking that we will see some comedic teasing from Bonnie, and finally end with Serena mentally getting ready for her performance.

It also seems like 53 is getting a lot of attention on top of it. Those parent episodes are always interesting, especially since Grace will most likely be an Amourshipper.

Last edited:

ashsfuture

I have to say if the Ash and Serena's date episode aired on Valentines Day, All of the Amourshippers would have probably lost it, but still the episode is airing during the month of February a.ka. the month of love.

I was thinking of the significance of what the tree has with the episode itself/ one slight possibility

Serena has Ash and herself crave their initials into the tree and Serena says that this is the symbol that represents our bond and that no matter what happens, we will always be there for one another and they promise to make their dreams come true not just for themselves, but for each other!

This episode will be worth waiting for!

Oh, I didn't mean that I expected otherwise. I just know that there are militant shippers of every ship and fandom out there, and that type would lord something like this over others. I'm just saying I appreciate that you guys aren't like that. It is pretty impressive, actually, that there hasn't been a single post like that since this all started, even just from someone getting overly excited.

Glad we could maintain a tranquil atmosphere here. I have seen other shipping forums; especially one notorious forum where they weren't militants, but they were extremists. LOL

But anyway, I guess we are getting off topic here.

What's up everybody!!! Dark_Giratina is back! Sorry I've been gone so long; college is brutally murdering me (engineering, it is absolutely brutal)! Plus my acapella group just got into ICCA so I've been quite busy with that! Just had to come back especially after hearing about the date episode!

My hype has been over the top for this episode, since I've been hearing so much negativity from many Pokeshippers and somehow Palletshippers. This hype train is progressing forward at full speed.

My prediction for the episode:
After reading some of the past pages, it looks like people think that Serena won't step up to the plate and ask him out. However, I don't think that Ash will either, just not from the get-go. I have a feeling Bonnie or Clemont will implant the idea of going on a date with Serena in Ash's head. Then, Ash will contemplate on this idea and then ask her out. Then they have their shopping date (no doubt Ash will have the chance to ogle Serena). After, I'm not expecting them to kiss (wouldn't that be great) but I am thinking they will at least hug. Afterward, I'm thinking that we will see some comedic teasing from Bonnie, and finally end with Serena mentally getting ready for her performance.

It also seems like 53 is getting a lot of attention on top of it. Those parent episodes are always interesting, especially since Grace will most likely be an Amourshipper.

Welcome back to the party! Well I think even a hug is a little too much to expect. But we can get some significantly strong hints from Ash's side. I doubt he'll ask her out either. They'll just happen to go, with Bonnie deciding that she and Clemont should stay out. He would ogle at Serena. I definitely expect that; given the sunset scene and all. As to the ending, I think I'll go with you on that one.

XY053 USED to get attention, until the Wild Scan Appeared. Wild Scan used Hype. It was super effective! Well let's see XY053. After all, compared to February, December 20th isn't a long wait.

I have to say if the Ash and Serena's date episode aired on Valentines Day, All of the Amourshippers would have probably lost it, but still the episode is airing during the month of February a.ka. the month of love.

I was thinking of the significance of what the tree has with the episode itself/ one slight possibility

Serena has Ash and herself crave their initials into the tree and Serena says that this is the symbol that represents our bond and that no matter what happens, we will always be there for one another and they promise to make their dreams come true not just for themselves, but for each other!

This episode will be worth waiting for!

Mind if I rip this idea off for my fanfic?

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Ugh, this has me really worried, as a Pokeshipper! Eheh, you guys are keeping it in perspective, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got a hint from Ash, blushing or something like that! Boo, now I'm depressed! Ah, and I have to worry about it until February... Haha. I know you guys are really excited though:). It's not as bad feeling sad if someone else gets to be happy.

Thanks for being respectful of everyone else's feelings!

First of all, I'd like to thank you for being considerate of our feelings. You could've just joined in with the others and downplayed the effect of this episode, but you decided to look at it optimistically and didn't try to rain on our parade.

Also, we believe in being fair to others and being very considerate of their feelings, so don't worry :)

taeuknam

Glad we could maintain a tranquil atmosphere here. I have seen other shipping forums; especially one notorious forum where they weren't militants, but they were extremists. LOL

But anyway, I guess we are getting off topic here.

Does the topic of shipping seem to draw a real life parallel to religion to anyone? I mean, all shippings have extremists, and the topic of shipping is usually a sensitive topic to most people. In some sense, shippers who are 100% devoted to their OTP could be seen as monotheism, and multishippers as polytheism. Non-shippers are like atheists, and so on.

Also, about XY053, in one of the scans, there seems to be a seemingly younger Serena on the ground. Flashback episode?

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
I
I am
I am so happy.

OH MY GOD I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

I don't even know where to start. I checked the thread yesterday, but now I checked it and OH GOD 8 PAGES IN ONE DAY!!! (I've read them all, caught up)
First, I am going to join you guys on Mission 1000. Judging by this advancement, I know we can do this.
Second, I am possibly also going to contribute to Amourshipping Day (Novermber 21st), of course I'm going to celebrate it, but I think I will also do some fanart.
And third and most importantly, I came back here and found out the best news since XY007!!!!! XY053 is going to have Grace surprise hug both Ash and Serena (who knows, context might be deceiving, but we can hope) and XY059's title "Ash and Serena's First Date?!" OH GOD, I don't even know if it's a REAL date, or maybe it's what Serena makes it in her head, BUT I'M GOING ON THE HYPE TRAIN TOO GUYS!!! YESZ!!!! February 5th can't come any sooner!!

I can also say that I'm very intrigued by the Title Card narration by Ash! He will say that himself and Serena will go on a date lol!

Does the topic of shipping seem to draw a real life parallel to religion to anyone? I mean, all shippings have extremists, and the topic of shipping is usually a sensitive topic to most people. In some sense, shippers who are 100% devoted to their OTP could be seen as monotheism, and multishippers as polytheism. Non-shippers are like atheists, and so on.

Also, about XY053, in one of the scans, there seems to be a seemingly younger Serena on the ground. Flashback episode?

Of course! You see, in the end anything that a person believes in is a hot topic. Religion, politics, shipping, love, friendship..anything at all. When you try to support that person's beliefs, he likes you and he can relate with you. But you oppose his beliefs, he starts getting angry as he views it as an attack on him. Now it all depends on the degree to which you believe in it. There are some people who don't care about politics; and there are some people who are willing to start a riot just because their favourite party loses an election. Same goes for a religion. Entire wars (the Crusades) were fought for centuries because they strongly believed that their belief was supreme. Now I'm not taking sides, please don't get me wrong. I'm just stating what it is. So we can apply it for shipping as well. There were PearlShippers who just shrugged and moved on to Amour. There were others who stuck around; but were passive. Then there are the aggressive ones. Just like we have passive, active and aggressive AmourShippers.

And yes; XY053 will have a flashback of Serena and her experience in Rhyhorn racing. What beats me is that how is she going to beat her mother at a Rhyhorn race. After all, Grace is supposed to be a champion Rhyhorn racer; and while Serena is good at it, she's not close to being as good as her mother. Perhaps that's where Ash steps in?

I
I am
I am so happy.

OH MY GOD I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

I don't even know where to start. I checked the thread yesterday, but now I checked it and OH GOD 8 PAGES IN ONE DAY!!! (I've read them all, caught up)
First, I am going to join you guys on Mission 1000. Judging by this advancement, I know we can do this.
Second, I am possibly also going to contribute to Amourshipping Day (Novermber 21st), of course I'm going to celebrate it, but I think I will also do some fanart.
And third and most importantly, I came back here and found out the best news since XY007!!!!! XY053 is going to have Grace surprise hug both Ash and Serena (who knows, context might be deceiving, but we can hope) and XY059's title "Ash and Serena's First Date?!" OH GOD, I don't even know if it's a REAL date, or maybe it's what Serena makes it in her head, BUT I'M GOING ON THE HYPE TRAIN TOO GUYS!!! YESZ!!!! February 5th can't come any sooner!!

I can also say that I'm very intrigued by the Title Card narration by Ash! He will say that himself and Serena will go on a date lol!

LOL welcome on board the Shinkansen Amour Express. Our destination, XY059.

And sure, do join us on our Mission 1000. The more we have, the easier it is :D Besides, 8 pages in a day as you said, we already made up for four days.

Oh yes. Now that you mention it, I'm really eager to see the preview narration. LOL.

Last edited:
Amourshipping FTW!!! Yes, had to say that. But in all honesty, im happy but sad at the same time I like other ash ships as well but amour was at top anyway so im happy. my only worry is a: how r they gonna do this episode and b: what are fans of other shipping gonna say(just a bit worry about a war) that's the just my thoughts. Again amourshipping pokewriters u guys have done a great job with the series thank u jst thank u!

ashsfuture

I really do hope that team rocket does not appear in the date episode because honestly if they do, I don't want them to tease Ash and Serena and I don't want them to bother them, reason why going back to episode 50 where TR took half of the episode's focus on Serena after that spectacular performance she gave. Tbh seeing something like this happen for Serena and Ash they both deserve this, this whole thing with Ash and Serena really has brought a big change to the show itself.

The way that Serena been developing as a whole is just amazing in terms of her bond with fennkin and panchum, the determination she has towards her dream of becoming Kalos Queen, and her feelings for Ash!

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Amourshipping FTW!!! Yes, had to say that. But in all honesty, im happy but sad at the same time I like other ash ships as well but amour was at top anyway so im happy. my only worry is a: how r they gonna do this episode and b: what are fans of other shipping gonna say(just a bit worry about a war) that's the just my thoughts. Again amourshipping pokewriters u guys have done a great job with the series thank u jst thank u!

First of all, since I didn't get the chance to welcome you initially, welcome aboard the S.S. Amour!

As for your questions: a) has been dissected to hell already, as for b)...well, we all know what's about to happen :p

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
Ugh, this has me really worried, as a Pokeshipper! Eheh, you guys are keeping it in perspective, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got a hint from Ash, blushing or something like that! Boo, now I'm depressed! Ah, and I have to worry about it until February... Haha. I know you guys are really excited though:). It's not as bad feeling sad if someone else gets to be happy.

Thanks for being respectful of everyone else's feelings!

God sorry about my PM, I hope it didn't depressed you that I freaking out!lol I'm feeling alot better about it since talking to my mom about it!

You have NO idea lol, Celebrity Shipping is ten times worst. Watch OTP dating service by College Humor! Ash makes a cameo dating Katniss Everdeen from Hungry Games lol!!

Last edited:

Pokévision

Braixenation
As to who's going to read the title card for the date episode, I think it could also be Bonnie doing the reading. I'm also wondering what events will have to occur in the time before the introduction is shown to get the episode premise set up. Or maybe it could have started from the previous episode with something occurring after the gym battle in XY058, much like in the episode early on in the series that ended with Serena approaching Ash and asking if Ash remembers her?

Pokévision

Braixenation
But wait.... for the date episode, what's the summary for it? That's what I want to see whenever or not, IF it's a actual date.

Well at the moment the summary is that Ash and Serena go shopping all by themselves. I think we'll have to wait for February to be closer to get more insight. But the title choice is enough fuel for the hype train! :3 I mean...A DATE?!?!?!?!!

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
But wait.... for the date episode, what's the summary for it? That's what I want to see whenever or not, IF it's a actual date.

Well, as far as it is known, Ash and Serena go shopping to find presents for the Pokémon, all by themselves. Also there's this "Tree of Promises" so maybe there is something Ash and Serena promise to each other, under that "tree"(?)

So, maybe this is taken out of context, like the Premier/Penelope episode, but who knows, right? Maybe they will go shopping, and Serena "thinks" it's actually a date, while Ash is all oblivious about it haha

Also, by the screen I saw, I predict that (if this episode doesn't make Amourshipping canon, making Ash awake his hidden feelings for Serena and accept them, which is very unlikely) at the end of the episode, Serena says something slightly teasing/flirty to Ash, and he is left with a "huh?" face, thinking about it. One can only hope.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'm pretty sure it's not a real date; it's more like Serena wants to go shopping and Ash is tagging along (maybe Serena forces him to go lol). I figure that it'll be a chance for Serena and Ash to hang out together without Clemont and Bonnie, but with no actual romance involved. Serena's probably the one who considers the whole thing to be a date.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
I'm pretty sure it's not a real date; it's more like Serena wants to go shopping and Ash is tagging along (maybe Serena forces him to go lol). I figure that it'll be a chance for Serena and Ash to hang out together without Clemont and Bonnie, but with no actual romance involved. Serena's probably the one who considers the whole thing to be a date.

Okay, in light of that comment I just can't help but revive this post I made from a couple of weeks ago because I think the image I cited in there fits perfectly. :D Ash is totally whipped here:

Ok, time to bring back asuna's game...Caption me this, AmourShippers!

[IMGSIZE=640]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/249/d/5/at_julietta143_amourshipping_by_didimoons-d7y6ior.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
Ash: For the love of Arceus, Serena, haven't you tried on enough clothes already?!
Serena: Of course not, silly. And when I'm done, we'll have to find some new clothes for YOU, Ash! *blush*

Source: didimoons on deviantART http://didimoons.deviantart.com/art/AT-Julietta143-amourshipping-480674331

Well, as far as it is known, Ash and Serena go shopping to find presents for the Pokémon, all by themselves. Also there's this "Tree of Promises" so maybe there is something Ash and Serena promise to each other, under that "tree"(?)

So, maybe this is taken out of context, like the Premier/Penelope episode, but who knows, right? Maybe they will go shopping, and Serena "thinks" it's actually a date, while Ash is all oblivious about it haha

Also, by the screen I saw, I predict that (if this episode doesn't make Amourshipping canon, making Ash awake his hidden feelings for Serena and accept them, which is very unlikely) at the end of the episode, Serena says something slightly teasing/flirty to Ash, and he is left with a "huh?" face, thinking about it. One can only hope.

Well they definitely won't make Amour canon right away. I mean come on, they didn't even show us the development of Ash's crush. This, in all likelihood is the push we all discussed several pages ago. The push that actually makes Ash begin to think of being with Serena. Now assuming that this is that push, it will be the development of his crush after that for the next 60 episodes or so; let's say. More cute interactions between the two and stuff. If anything, Amour will be made canon after the Kalos League; or just before it.

They have drawn out Serena's feelings for Ash. Making it canon now would be stupid. They need to draw out Ash's feelings as well; show the development of it. Otherwise what sort of romance is that?

--VIRGO--

I this episode was suppose to air during Christmas Day, I'd say that tree could be mistletoe (not a tree actually but whatever).

Well prior to XY series we never thought, any kind of relationship between two main character can be put this far. So why not even beyond. Impossible already happened, so there shouldn't be surprise if happens even more.

BTW: Did someone noticed, that XY059 is scheduled to FEB 5th. If I were them, I would air it a week later closer to Valentines Day. Maybe this is irrelevant or XY060 is gonna be also shippy. Did somebody consider that?

Status
Not open for further replies.