• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Hey, but M-Ash is a lot more teary so I'm guessing M-Ash is more emotional. This could make for a productive MirrorAmourshipping.

It depends. Remember, M-Serena was pretty horrible to the obviously weaker M-Ash. Honestly, I really hated M-Serena some of the time, especially since M-Ash was so pitiful.

Pokévision

Braixenation
It depends. Remember, M-Serena was pretty horrible to the obviously weaker M-Ash. Honestly, I really hated M-Serena some of the time, especially since M-Ash was so pitiful.

M-Serena did show concern once M-Ash ran off and exclaimed that she was only teasing him. Plus, M-Serena did tell Serena to take care of "her" Ash so this has to indicate feelings for Ash from both Serenas. I see what you mean; with M-Ash taking M-Serena's teasing too seriously, MirrorAmourshipping would definitely encounter difficulties. Still an interesting mirror of Amourshipping though :D

Blood Red

【推しの子】
M-Serena did show concern once M-Ash ran off and exclaimed that she was only teasing him. Plus, M-Serena did tell Serena to take care of "her" Ash so this has to indicate feelings for Ash from both Serenas. I see what you mean; with M-Ash taking M-Serena's teasing too seriously, MirrorAmourshipping would definitely encounter difficulties. Still an interesting mirror of Amourshipping though :D

Yeah, I guess so! Amourshipping faces Ash's denseness and M-Amourshipping needs to deal with Serens's attitude :p

Hey guys!! Again, sorry for not being on for weeks. I'll catch up to the thread soon, along with my messages :p

But... I was scrolling through the listings for Pokémon's upcoming episode.... (sorry if this was discussed already)
BUT, XY episode 59 title is:

サトシとセレナの初デート!誓いの樹とプレセント!!
Satoshi and Serena's First Date!? The Tree of Promises and the Presents!!

There's a picture of the two with Ash looking at Serena in shock and Serena smiling, they're sitting next to each other and the sun has set.. it's set to air on February 5th, 2015. But really!! What do you all think this is about, I'm so hyped about it that Serena and Ash have done something to let onto their feelings.. I just hope writers and creators aren't trolling on us! :p

tomyno

Hey guys!! Again, sorry for not being on for weeks. I'll catch up to the thread soon, along with my messages :p

But... I was scrolling through the listings for Pokémon's upcoming episode.... (sorry if this was discussed already)

There's a picture of the two with Ash looking at Serena in shock and Serena smiling, they're sitting next to each other and the sun has set.. it's set to air on February 5th, 2015. But really!! What do you all think this is about, I'm so hyped about it that Serena and Ash have done something to let onto their feelings.. I just hope writers and creators aren't trolling on us! :p

The problem is that the picture is very similar to the one from 6th episode of xy. So it can be just a few second flashback what means we know nothing.

Blood Red

【推しの子】

We've already stripped it for parts and analyzed (and overanalyzed) everything to varying degrees. Suffice to say, we knew the moment Dephender came out with it :p

As for what we think of it, a lot of us are pretty optimistic, but trying to contain the hype. Some of the more rabid idiots decided to start a war on Tumblr over it, but we tend to ignore them, so it's okay :p

Another thing you might have missed, Grace is showing up in XY053 and seems to be really friendly with Ash.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
The more that I look at Amourshipping, the more interesting it will become as Ash and Serena getting closer everyday. Does Misty not want Ash to get a girlfriend?

Anti luring

Reigning Champ
So far the shipping between Ash and Serena is incredibly strong compared to any other. We're only within 50 episodes of the series and it's overwhelming strong compared to any other ships. Unlike any other ships, this one i must say is quite obvious to see and the only one that has the slightest chances of competing againist this is pokeshipping. Since this was discovered, everyone and i mean everyone, went on an outburst. Scriptwriters truly are doing an amazing Job and i hope they keep it up. And also by the looks of it it's very very close in becoming cannonlized. Episode 59 will be the episode where the ship final starts to sail & people get what they asked for since day 1.

Videos of the current armour-shipping moments of xy.
1. Armour-shipping moments: Part 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYyIDYx19Go, Part 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IFIpx5vyEU.

Last edited:
The problem is that the picture is very similar to the one from 6th episode of xy. So it can be just a few second flashback what means we know nothing.

Could be, but I also noticed it's extremely similar in setting with the poster of Ash and Serena sitting next to each other, holding drinks. Maybe that's where it came from? Because knowing the writers, they are already well ahead and in the middle of Season 2 of XY and have planned everything from the very beginning! Who knows lol

We've already stripped it for parts and analyzed (and overanalyzed) everything to varying degrees. Suffice to say, we knew the moment Dephender came out with it :p

As for what we think of it, a lot of us are pretty optimistic, but trying to contain the hype. Some of the more rabid idiots decided to start a war on Tumblr over it, but we tend to ignore them, so it's okay :p

Another thing you might have missed, Grace is showing up in XY053 and seems to be really friendly with Ash.

I defiantly must catch up to the thread!! I'm so far back lol
I just hope something is there! As for Grace, she did briefly meet Ash when the group contacted Serena's mom in the beginning of her journey... so maybe now Serena has told Grace about what Ash did back when they were kids, maybe that's why she's so friendly to Ash and while hopefully be able to pick up on the crush! After all, Grace seemed a bit nosy at the beginning of the series. But maybe that's just me lol

Last edited:

Observer

Mostly watching
Hey I've been doing some thinking about how November 21st is Amourshipping day and I think that we should also make March 1st the second Amourshipping day. Here me out think of it like a Chinese New Year type of thing, because they celebrate New Years in February and the US do it on the last day of December; plus keep in mind that there are some people on here who only watch the dub and probably can't watched the subbed version or just don't want to be spoiled. Not only that but it would give us a second chance to make up for missing the last one and also with the date episode airing in February it would really help give a lot of people ideas in the process.

So what do you guys say? Make March 1st the second Amourshipping day?

BecauseI'mBatman

Same here. I'd love to see how MirrorAmourshipping develops, since M-Serena is a lot meaner and I doubt M-Ash likes her all that much :p

The way I see Mirror vs. regular at the time of the episode is this:

Serena:
Standard "image": sassy vs. caring
"Hidden trait": care vs sassiness
Shippiness awareness: clandestine vs overt

Ash:
Standard "image": emotional vs gung-ho
"Hidden trait": gung-ho enthusiasm vs sensitivity
Shippiness awareness: sensitive enough to notice vs super oblivious

The problem then becomes "either Ash doesn't recognize or M-Serena doesn't show" any shippy feels.

Now that I've gotten here, I don't remember where I was going with this...

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I defiantly must catch up to the thread!! I'm so far back lol
I just hope something is there! As for Grace, she did briefly meet Ash when the group contacted Serena's mom in the beginning of her journey... so maybe now Serena has told Grace about what Ash did back when they were kids, maybe that's why she's so friendly to Ash and while hopefully be able to pick up on the crush! After all, Grace seemed a bit nosy at the beginning of the series. But maybe that's just me lol

Yeah, you really should. As for Grace and her nosy attitude...yeah, that rears its ugly head in this episode. She basically tries to stop Serena from pursuing her goal and the race is basically a bet for Serena to win her future out of her mother's hands.

Hey I've been doing some thinking about how November 21st is Amourshipping day and I think that we should also make March 1st the second Amourshipping day. Here me out think of it like a Chinese New Year type of thing, because they celebrate New Years in February and the US do it on the last day of December; plus keep in mind that there are some people on here who only watch the dub and probably can't watched the subbed version or just don't want to be spoiled. Not only that but it would give us a second chance to make up for missing the last one and also with the date episode airing in February it would really help give a lot of people ideas in the process.

So what do you guys say? Make March 1st the second Amourshipping day?

So, we're basically going to celebrate both the releases of the episode, dub and original? Well, I can get behind that. After all, the hype from XY059 will have given the ship enough steam to give the day all the attention it deserves :p

The way I see Mirror vs. regular at the time of the episode is this:

Serena:
Standard "image": sassy vs. caring
"Hidden trait": care vs sassiness
Shippiness awareness: clandestine vs overt

Ash:
Standard "image": emotional vs gung-ho
"Hidden trait": gung-ho enthusiasm vs sensitivity
Shippiness awareness: sensitive enough to notice vs super oblivious

The problem then becomes "either Ash doesn't recognize or M-Serena doesn't show" any shippy feels.

Now that I've gotten here, I don't remember where I was going with this...

Great analysis, bro! That's basically the same conclusion I drew earlier: While Real Ash doesn't seem to understand any hints thrown his way, M-Serena seems to have locked her feelings deep inside herself somewhere. That may even be the entire reason why she goes the extra mile against M-Ash, even though she's merely unpleasant with the others.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
This may be a shocker to you guys, but I'm from the future and the whole Mirror World thing isn't coming back.

Really? Wow, without your insight, we wouldn't have guessed!
/sarcasm

Man, we know. We're just speculating on what could've happened and what could be happening in an alternate universe.

Amphicoelias

Stargazing dinosaur
Same here. I'd love to see how MirrorAmourshipping develops, since M-Serena is a lot meaner and I doubt M-Ash likes her all that much :p

Remember the age old saying, "Girls are often meaner to the guy they really like." or something like that. =P Maybe her mean attitude towards M-Ash is all to hide how she really feels about him.

If XY59 was simultaneously taking place in the Mirror world, I wonder how it would pan out with M-Ash and M-Serena going alone together to shop for presents. Haha. We can all only live and hope until February to see what happens. Let's keep hoping that something good might happen.

Do you feel that XY59 will bring Bonnie's attention to how Serena feels about Ash?

I sincerely hope so. It might make things a bit clearer for other characters and hopefully, Bonnie catches wind of it and decides to help Serena out in future.

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
Do any of you watch the dub? I don't often, but occasionally I would watch 1-20 episodes.

As for the question about Bonnie..

Oh, dear writers please!! It would make the hyped episode even better :D
Since Serena and Bonnie have this sisterly bond. Why not share the crush :p

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Could be, but I also noticed it's extremely similar in setting with the poster of Ash and Serena sitting next to each other, holding drinks. Maybe that's where it came from? Because knowing the writers, they are already well ahead and in the middle of Season 2 of XY and have planned everything from the very beginning! Who knows lol

IIRC I read somewhere that the writers put together episode scripts around 8-9 months before the initial episode air date, then animators come in and do their work 4-5 months before the episode air date. The voice actors/actresses also record their lines around that time as well. This may also explain the details from the leaked picture showing the front cover of the script book in its full glory. We were able to notice spoilers from the picture of the script book that basically outlined what the future cast will look like - the addition of Goodra (captured as a Goomy in XY055) to Ash's team as well as the impending evolutions of Ash's Froagdier (from Froakie) in XY058, Serena's Braixen (from Fennekin), and Clemont's Luxray (from Luxio). Just a neat FYI :p

In other words: Yes the writers have already got future episodes planned out waaaay ahead of time. And in regards to XY059, they likely had this planned out a long time ago (and probably intended to surprise us with it given how the past 10+ episodes were completely high and dry hint-wise, which was also likely planned out as well).

Do any of you watch the dub? I don't often, but occasionally I would watch 1-20 episodes.

I actually do, mainly to see how the dub interprets the episodes compared to the originally aired episodes in Japan.

Do you feel that XY59 will bring Bonnie's attention to how Serena feels about Ash?

TBH I already have a gut feeling that Bonnie already has a vague idea that Serena has feelings for Ash (Bonnie confirmed as an Amourshipper she's pretty much ahead of the game when it comes to this). I will not be surprised if she acts on that impulse and brings it up when the time comes. And I think it would make XY059 even better xD

Last edited:

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...

I get the feeling that she already knows there's something there... Don't ask me why, I just think she does.

"Serena, keep Satoshi, s'il-vous-plaît!"

Status
Not open for further replies.