• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Man 960 pages people! :D
A little stat report
so as of this comment, we already have 23,978 replies and more than 3 million views and all these in just a short period of time if we are to compare it to other shipping threads. :D
Dang, I wish the Pokestaffs can see this.

anyway let's push this thread even harder.
Q: Has amourshipping been beneficial for you and/or with your daily life? This is kind of a personal (and kinda silly but why not? lol) question so you are not obliged to answer.

Hmmm Amourshipping got me back into the Pokemon Anime again haven't watched it since Sinnoh
It's the first time I actually support a shipping(never knew what was shipping is till now)
Lastly,it got me into this thread so yeah Amourshipping got me into a lot of things

Xiztance

A little stat report
so as of this comment, we already have 23,978 replies and more than 3 million views and all these in just a short period of time if we are to compare it to other shipping threads. :D

Q: Has amourshipping been beneficial for you and/or with your daily life? This is kind of a personal (and kinda silly but why not? lol) question so you are not obliged to answer.

960!! I've really been lurking that long wow
At least now I get to contribute to hit 1000!

As for your question, yea it's always nice to come home and read what everyone has to say (it's especially amusing when a big hint drops).

Caught up to where I last left off on this thread! Plan to be on top of this thread as much as possible! :)

About the whole XY 59 date episode, for Ash and Serena (obviously!) But the title actual just struck me with something... "The Vow Tree" bit... could that be a nod at the direction of the Tree Ash helped Serena with? Serena could bring up something about the past for the tree and I hope this episode has something planned to show more of Serena's past, as well as the episode her mother is going to be in, and fill in some voids. But the "Vow Tree" is something I can't shake... I feel like this is where we will also get more out of what happened after Ash helped her or something!

I also uploaded part 2 of chapter 1 of my amourshipping fanfic!! Thanks so much to people who have checked it out! It's only in the developing stages and introduction, so I appreciate feed back on it! Thanks guys! Here's the link:
http://www.wattpad.com/story/27541163-with-the-easiest-of-grace

960!! I've really been lurking that long wow
At least now I get to contribute to hit 1000!

As for your question, yea it's always nice to come home and read what everyone has to say (it's especially amusing when a big hint drops).

Welcome to the thread! No worries, I've lurked on this thread for the longest of times before joining in on the discussions! :p
And we're so close to hitting 1000!! :D P.S, Love your SAO signature! Hoping to start season 2 soon!

WillDaSnail

Soon™?

To be frankly honest, Amourshipping was one of the reasons why I got back into watching the Pokemon anime. And it's been beneficial since this thread allows me to connect with other people who follow this wonderful ship and have wonderful discussions with them, as well as get the latest tidbits about future episodes (episodes that both affect and not affect the ship itself). :D

As for real life implications: Negligible impacts on my real life.

Pokévision

Braixenation
To be frankly honest, Amourshipping was one of the reasons why I got back into watching the Pokemon anime. And it's been beneficial since this thread allows me to connect with other people who follow this wonderful ship and have wonderful discussions with them, as well as get the latest tidbits about future episodes (episodes that both affect and not affect the ship itself). :D

As for real life implications: Negligible impacts on my real life.

After the unceremonious dismissal of Dawn I thought I was done with the anime. But X&Y drew me back in and is doing well so far. :D

Real life implications: Distracting me from my exam studying!

Pokévision

Braixenation
A fake game screenshot of Ash and Serena challenging a someone to a battle.

[IMG139]http://i1.pixiv.net/c/600x600/img-master/img/2014/12/02/00/14/52/47362096_p0_master1200.jpg[/IMG139]

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=47362096Credit goes to the artist
Something went wrong with the picture so I visited the link. :p I think there was a problem with the original image URL.
Lovely picture though! :3

Edit: I think the picture URL changes every 5 minutes or something because the new URL I used was just working a few minutes ago.

I uploaded it to imgur for all to enjoy.
[spoil][img139]http://i.imgur.com/WfiIwqI.jpg[/img139][/spoil]
Credit to the artist of course
Thanks Brandon00151 for the share!

Last edited:
Hey, that's not fair! Share the pain but don't dole it out to everyone, bro :p

It made me physically sick typing it, so I believe whatever you censored out. and yeah, that's not a bad idea! Maybe Grace insists that ash stay with her during his training for Lumiose.

No hax, just talent :p

Pffft, isn't it obvious already? It will be something epic, graceful and beautiful. Something like...Streetlamp Le Moose.

Can't believe I forgot about that! Yeah, potentially major hint incoming and we forgot all about it...maybe it's what sets the stage for the 'date', which is the episode after that one.

"Dragonite use Hyper Beam!" *explosion clears the ground and I jump off my Dragonite's back in that place* Dragonite return! Good morning boys (and girls)!

Well this is my way of dealing with pain. Why should I share it when doling it out is more fun? ;) I don't know why it censored that thing though. But oh well.

I would think that Grace would invite Ash to come over sometime if he was ever close to Vaniville Town at the end of XY053. If she does say that, I think we can be sure that he is going to Vaniville for a Lumiose Arc. However, I doubt she'd insist that he come over or anything. Remember again that in the end of XY053, she wouldn't be all bubbly and cheerful. She would be a bit disappointed, and defeated. I bet she wants her daughter to follow in her footsteps to become a Rhyhorn racer, and you can imagine what it would be like when she has no choice but to accept. So I doubt we'll see anything like that hug scene after the race.

That depends If Grace has picked up on Serena's crush by the end of XY053 (which I'm hoping for) then she would become an Amourshipper - Grace allowed Serena to journey with Ash earlier in the series so she must have trusted Ash as someone who can help Serena out with her goals. Now, after Grace notices her daughter's affection for Ash I think she would give some advice to motivate her - this would be a nice influence to the ship to complement Miette's threat. As mentioned earlier, the hug Grace gives Ash and Serena could be a tease towards them being a couple. The degree to which Grace pushes the Amourship would be increased if Serena did tell her mom about the boy who rescued her from the forest at camp and Grace finds out/realizes that that boy is Ash.

Here are some clues that I think will help Grace recognize Serena's crush:
-Serena becomes much less sassy around Ash.
-Serena taught Ash how to Rhyhorn race and Grace had the impression that Serena didn't like the sport before her daughter left to pick up her first Pokemon. This means Ash must have exerted some influence to get Serena to teach a sport she doesn't like.

I also think that the length to which Ash defends Serena's new performance goal in XY053 would exemplify the bond between the two and Grace would see Ash as a great match for her daughter approve. In my opinion, this would tie well into the hug scene which I believe will occur after the Skiddo race - my take on that screenshot is that Grace has just conceded + accepted Serena's new goal and then she tells Ash to take care of her girl while throwing in some teases.

I agree with you on all counts except one. If she does catch Serena's crush, she's bound to accept it. I also agree that if Ash helps defend Serena, that would improve her perception of him. However that hug scene isn't gonna happen after the race. It will be before. I explained it in the previous paragraph, and the other reason is because the race scene has a different lighting compared to the hug scene. Whatever it is, this episode is gonna be fun!

No she won't! She's a Kalosshipper. She has arranged a marriage with Calem for Serena. :p
Of all the places to ask this, I'm pretty sure almost everyone will give you the same answer.

Anyway, I'll make this question more interesting

Provided that she does become an amourshipper, how will this affect amoushipping? Will Grace's approval guarantee amourshipping's bright future? Why or why not?

I say it won't affect Amour; nor does it guarantee anything (writers' perspective notwithstanding). Reason? This is between Ash and Serena. What has Grace's approval got to do with it? They need to share the same feelings first

NO WAY!!! I wasn't here for about a month, and I've missed over 100 pages...
I had to have a break because I had simply to much romance in my life: 1) My own romance is unfolding,and as who I love is in one school, an I'm in another, I have to deal with a girl who I know that has a crush on me, but says that she likes somebody else...
2)I find myself in the middle of a love triangle as my friend has a crush on a girl who is being hit on by a bully, and they're both my friends :(

On top of that, AMOURSHIPPING!!! First off I was reading "The road to be a pokemon master: Kanto arc" where Amourshipping is at a peak, then I come to the thread to see the good news!!! It's great news, both for us Amourshippers and for the series itself, as it looks like that it grows up a little bit... :)

Now for a question : In the date between Ash and Serena what would you like to happen? (confessions,suprises, etc...)

Well..seems like someone had PokeShipping and AmourShipping in reality :p Time, tide and the Amourshipping discussion thread wait for no man, my friend! And good luck with dealing with that triangle!

About your question, I think someone needs to compile our discussions for the benefit of those who missed it :p

Pokévision

Braixenation
I would think that Grace would invite Ash to come over sometime if he was ever close to Vaniville Town at the end of XY053. If she does say that, I think we can be sure that he is going to Vaniville for a Lumiose Arc. However, I doubt she'd insist that he come over or anything. Remember again that in the end of XY053, she wouldn't be all bubbly and cheerful. She would be a bit disappointed, and defeated. I bet she wants her daughter to follow in her footsteps to become a Rhyhorn racer, and you can imagine what it would be like when she has no choice but to accept. So I doubt we'll see anything like that hug scene after the race.

I agree with you on all counts except one. If she does catch Serena's crush, she's bound to accept it. I also agree that if Ash helps defend Serena, that would improve her perception of him. However that hug scene isn't gonna happen after the race. It will be before. I explained it in the previous paragraph, and the other reason is because the race scene has a different lighting compared to the hug scene. Whatever it is, this episode is gonna be fun!

Oooh, you do make an excellent point. Now I'm back to ground zero on the hug scene. However, I do think Grace won't be too bitter about having to concede. But not as delighted as when she's giving that hug.

ok i've heard through a couple of sources that there is going to be an ash and serena date episode of some sort? what's that about?

I think what you're seeing is the hype train incoming on the horizon after it has already travelled around the world once several times. xD

A little stat report

I know right? But I'll be happy when we hit 1000 :D

3 million views. And some people scoffed at me when they said that this thread is insignificant to the Pokemon Co. :p And I bet they're keeping at least a software algorithm to count positive/negative sentiment in this thread; if not actually hiring a couple of data analysts to read the posts of this thread (to think they get paid for it when we do it all for free). I think we are much bigger compared to the previous ships. I mean I have seen the AdvanceShipping thread, and it has less than 300 pages. I'm not sure about PearlShipping though.

As to that question, first off I came to know that Serena was "different" from the previous PokeGirls from a 9GAG post. I even remember what it was. "Friendzone level: Ash Ketchum" and he was in a picture with the five previous PokeGirls. Then one guy in the comments section far down below; in a part to which I usually never scroll said that it was getting different in the new series. And i was like, "Eh? What does he mean?" I decided to read a little bit. I saw Clemont and Bonnie and I was like, "Meh..don't tell me here's another Cilan" But I thought I'll watch a couple of episodes anyway. It didn't feel nice to walk away without even giving it a chance. I don't do that normally, but I had asked a very close friend of mine out that time. She was (still is) my best friend since we both were 9 years old. So I was pretty depressed, and was in no mood for aggression.

So I watched it, and didn't turn back So in some ways, it helped me get over her very easily. And it got me back to Pokemon, and it keeps me happy. It brings back those vibes from my schooldays..when I used to return at 4.15 and eagerly wait for 5pm to watch the next episode. And the next day, we'd all be discussing the episode in school and speculating for the next one. Now I can do that too, with a community as large and decent as yourselves, and we put in a lot of great points across. So yeah, it helped me be happier in reality. Plus I can give some work to my brain. I love analyzing stuff you see. :D

Honestly, if it were a slight aberration in any of those factors that I mentioned, I wouldn't be here; nor would I have a 3DS. I quit Pokemon and I told myself I'd never take a look again.

Oooh, you do make an excellent point. Now I'm back to ground zero on the hug scene. However, I do think Grace won't be too bitter about having to concede. But not as delighted as when she's giving that hug.

I think what you're seeing is the hype train incoming on the horizon after it has already travelled around the world once several times. xD

Hahah the hug scene will be a 15 second scene at best; where Serena hugs the two from behind and says, "You both look so cute together" or something of that sort. She'll assume they are a couple. She won't be too bitter. But she won't be the happiest person either. After all, she was defeated in the sense that she couldn't see her daughter follow in her footsteps.

Hahahah yep. And they better hold on properly. I don't think they know the speed in which this train travels.

Last edited:

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...

What an interesting topic...
Short answer: yes. Long answer: also yes.

I'm writing again. I haven't written fanfics ever since I left the iCarly fandom a few years ago, and now I have a fic people, apparently, love and want more chapters for. And I'm more than happy to comply, because I love it, and I know they'll love it too!
It's because of AmourShipping that I joined this thread, and because of that, I know my ideas are worth more than I usually thought. I have ideas that I know people love.
If I didn't like AmourShippinig, the female lead in the book I'm writing would not be named Serena, would not look like Serena, and most likely, I wouldn't have such a good concept for a book.

So, I could go on and on like that, but I'm just gonna quote Ash:

Ash said:
Don't ask obvious questions.

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
I know right? But I'll be happy when we hit 1000 :D

3 million views. And some people scoffed at me when they said that this thread is insignificant to the Pokemon Co. :p And I bet they're keeping at least a software algorithm to count positive/negative sentiment in this thread; if not actually hiring a couple of data analysts to read the posts of this thread (to think they get paid for it when we do it all for free). I think we are much bigger compared to the previous ships. I mean I have seen the AdvanceShipping thread, and it has less than 300 pages. I'm not sure about PearlShipping though.

As to that question, first off I came to know that Serena was "different" from the previous PokeGirls from a 9GAG post. I even remember what it was. "Friendzone level: Ash Ketchum" and he was in a picture with the five previous PokeGirls. Then one guy in the comments section far down below; in a part to which I usually never scroll said that it was getting different in the new series. And i was like, "Eh? What does he mean?" I decided to read a little bit. I saw Clemont and Bonnie and I was like, "Meh..don't tell me here's another Cilan" But I thought I'll watch a couple of episodes anyway. It didn't feel nice to walk away without even giving it a chance. I don't do that normally, but I had asked a very close friend of mine out that time. She was (still is) my best friend since we both were 9 years old. So I was pretty depressed, and was in no mood for aggression.

So I watched it, and didn't turn back So in some ways, it helped me get over her very easily. And it got me back to Pokemon, and it keeps me happy. It brings back those vibes from my schooldays..when I used to return at 4.15 and eagerly wait for 5pm to watch the next episode. And the next day, we'd all be discussing the episode in school and speculating for the next one. Now I can do that too, with a community as large and decent as yourselves, and we put in a lot of great points across. So yeah, it helped me be happier in reality. Plus I can give some work to my brain. I love analyzing stuff you see. :D

Honestly, if it were a slight aberration in any of those factors that I mentioned, I wouldn't be here; nor would I have a 3DS. I quit Pokemon and I told myself I'd never take a look again.

Hahah the hug scene will be a 15 second scene at best; where Serena hugs the two from behind and says, "You both look so cute together" or something of that sort. She'll assume they are a couple. She won't be too bitter. But she won't be the happiest person either. After all, she was defeated in the sense that she couldn't see her daughter follow in her footsteps.

Hahahah yep. And they better hold on properly. I don't think they know the speed in which this train travels.

What a great story :'D. Lolz
Anyway I have a question:
What would the non-shippers think if Amourshipping WAS canon?

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
purimpopoie, one of Tumblr's top Amourshippers, argues that Serena helps Ash win not just his Santalune and Shalour gym battles, but even his Cyllage Gym battle against Grant: http://purimpopoie.tumblr.com/post/103933495514/just-a-reminder-that-serena-is-in-some-way

We have already discussed numerous times how Serena inspired Ash in the Santalune and Shalour battles. But she makes the case that Serena, by distracting Ash from his training in XY024, actually allowed him to discover his Froakie Rock Tomb Climb strategy, which proved critical to Ash's battle with Grant: "It’s Serena’s penchant for goofing off and not doing serious training…that puts them in a situation…where Ash draws inspiration for his Cyllage Gym strategy." Serena notes to Ash that it's not every day that they get to go to the beach and that all that training he's been doing is "kinda suffocating." So she gets Ash to agree to fishing, and it is during this fishing excursion that Ash notices

Me, I personally think the Cyllage example is so subtle and indirect (at no point does the show go out of its way to explicitly link Serena's comment to Ash's victory) that it doesn't really carry much clout with me. Ash didn't learn the Froakie Rock Tomb Climb from Serena. Rather, he ended up in the right place at the right time to learn that strategy as an accidental result of Serena's actions. I can see how some people might argue, however, that the whole ordeal was meant to show Ash that there's much more to preparing for a gym battle than constantly training and that inspiration can come from the unlikeliest of places. But what do you all think?

I would be very curious to see whether Serena helps Ash in his Coumarine Gym battle against Ramos in XY058, especially since that episode directly precedes the vaunted "date" episode, XY059.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Serena helping Ash in a Gym would be nice, but I wouldn't call it overly shippy. Is it really any different than Dawn breaking out a cheerleading dress? Too bad the writers can't do that with Serena too because it'll be an exact rehash of Dawn.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
Serena helping Ash in a Gym would be nice, but I wouldn't call it overly shippy. Is it really any different than Dawn breaking out a cheerleading dress? Too bad the writers can't do that with Serena too because it'll be an exact rehash of Dawn.

I'm not saying past lead girls didn't help Ash. Dawn's spinning technique helped Ash out with his gym battle, for instance (it was never clear whether her cheerleading had much of an impact aside from displaying her cheery personality), and Misty shouted out at Ash when he was up against Rudy. With Serena, the show bluntly acknowledges two gyms where Serena helps Ash (and we're only three gyms in). Ash cites her help defeating Viola in inviting her along, and Ash's remembering Serena's words in the dance practice flashback in XY044 led him to ditch the rhythm battle strategy and win the Shalour Gym battle against Korrina. I'm not saying those moments are shippy in and of themselves, but they do bring the characters closer, and to me Serena's effects on Ash's gym battles are emphasized more intensely and more frequently than in past generations. What's particularly unique about the Shalour example is that it's Ash blatantly looks up at Serena mid-battle for inspiration (i.e., she isn't shouting/cheering at him), which I don't think I've seen in the past.

shahroze12

Q: Has amourshipping been beneficial for you and/or with your daily life?

My answer: Absolutely yes

This ship is what got me back in pokemon... After seeing Ash get trashed by Tobias in DP i gave up on the show.... i mean after the perfect team and the use of reserves it was just wrong to make him loose... Also the fact that Ash never got any character development and became redundant made the anime pointless to watch.....

Some time last summer i was bored and i suddenly decided check out the anime again on a whim..(i never saw BW... needless to say why!) It just so happened that i decided to watch episode 5 ( yes the one in which serena meets Ash!!!) and i was stoked by the fact that this girl seemed tooo excited to meet him... And the cliffhanger at the end really hooked me.... One thing led to the other and now im a die hard fan of this ship... The only other ship i supported was Advanceshipping because May was my fav pokegirl (now she's tied with serena for first place)

How amourshipping affected my life you ask?? It distracts me from my studies but following it is blast worthy of Team Rocket's... but it's worth it to follow it because i can say that this ship is one that has the highest chances of succeeding and can put an end to Ash's saga and with it i can finally die in peace!!!

Purim

Lone Wanderer
purimpopoie, one of Tumblr's top Amourshippers, argues that Serena helps Ash win not just his Santalune and Shalour gym battles, but even his Cyllage Gym battle against Grant: http://purimpopoie.tumblr.com/post/103933495514/just-a-reminder-that-serena-is-in-some-way

We have already discussed numerous times how Serena inspired Ash in the Santalune and Shalour battles. But she makes the case that Serena, by distracting Ash from his training in XY024, actually allowed him to discover his Froakie Rock Tomb Climb strategy, which proved critical to Ash's battle with Grant: "It’s Serena’s penchant for goofing off and not doing serious training…that puts them in a situation…where Ash draws inspiration for his Cyllage Gym strategy." Serena notes to Ash that it's not every day that they get to go to the beach and that all that training he's been doing is "kinda suffocating." So she gets Ash to agree to fishing, and it is during this fishing excursion that Ash notices

Me, I personally think the Cyllage example is so subtle and indirect (at no point does the show go out of its way to explicitly link Serena's comment to Ash's victory) that it doesn't really carry much clout with me. Ash didn't learn the Froakie Rock Tomb Climb from Serena. Rather, he ended up in the right place at the right time to learn that strategy as an accidental result of Serena's actions. I can see how some people might argue, however, that the whole ordeal was meant to show Ash that there's much more to preparing for a gym battle than constantly training and that inspiration can come from the unlikeliest of places. But what do you all think?

I would be very curious to see whether Serena helps Ash in his Coumarine Gym battle against Ramos in XY058, especially since that episode directly precedes the vaunted "date" episode, XY059.

http://purimpopoie.tumblr.com/post/103934066499/i-dunno-isnt-a-biiit-of-a-stretch-to-say-that

Honestly, the point was more that Serena is responsible, rather than directly helpful. Her actions put Ash in the right place and the right time to get caught in the Whirlpool. Without her suggesting they go fishing instead of training, Ash wouldn't have had Rock Tomb Climb for the Cyllage Battle (or Draco Meteor Climb for the Shalour battle, on that note). She didn't get up that morning and plan the whole day to teach Ash a technique, but that he learned it at all is her fault.

It's not really shippy, no. But now we have an established pattern for the Gym Battle episodes. Each one has had some kind of Amourshipping Hint, and Serena has been helpful, directly or (in the case of Cyllage) indirectly, in Ash winning the battle.

For the sake of putting through an argument, yeah. She did help him even there. But that was purely consequential, and Serena didn't intend to help Ash there. However, we saw that in Santalune and Shalour, she intended to help him. And in every way, those two gyms were totally different when compared to Dawn or Misty. Never was there a point, save perhaps the Trovida Island gym (Rudy) where Ash was totally at a loss. He was on the verge of giving up in Santalune, and Serena lifted his spirits and encouraged him to carry on. In Shalour, Ash blatantly looked at Serena for inspiration. She wasn't screaming at him or anything like Misty did in Trovida. She was just looking at him, worried.

But I must disagree that she helped him in the Cyllage Gym. And you never know. Maybe she gives him a strategy to beat a gym later on? After all, we are still just three gyms into the XY saga! It is also possible that Ash gives her an attractive move combination for her Tripokelon. Unlikely, but possible. After all, Ash has used combination moves in the past.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
http://purimpopoie.tumblr.com/post/103934066499/i-dunno-isnt-a-biiit-of-a-stretch-to-say-that

Honestly, the point was more that Serena is responsible, rather than directly helpful. Her actions put Ash in the right place and the right time to get caught in the Whirlpool. Without her suggesting they go fishing instead of training, Ash wouldn't have had Rock Tomb Climb for the Cyllage Battle (or Draco Meteor Climb for the Shalour battle, on that note). She didn't get up that morning and plan the whole day to teach Ash a technique, but that he learned it at all is her fault.

It's not really shippy, no. But now we have an established pattern for the Gym Battle episodes. Each one has had some kind of Amourshipping Hint, and Serena has been helpful, directly or (in the case of Cyllage) indirectly, in Ash winning the battle.

Hi Purim! I didn't realize you were on Serebii. I see what you mean, I guess I misunderstood what you meant by "responsible" as opposed to directly linked. I read your Tumblr quite regularly by the way; please do keep up your good work. Do you think anything Serena-related will happen in the Ramos gym battle episode, and if so I wonder how it might unfold?

Status
Not open for further replies.