• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockerztonight1

Calm Trainer
I believe the rumor is real, as crazy as it sounds. To those of you saying "Well, I looked over the web and didn't find anything," it's because you're not supposed to. Obviously someone would get into deep trouble if something from the XY anime leaked. Hard. However, this seems to be a small leak at the moment, so nothing bad can happen to the leaker.

If this rumor is true, then it will be interesting to see how it will be handled. If Serena loses her memory, then that means she'll have no memory of her crush on Ash, right? Well then, this can either mean two things:

1. Ash and co. will successfully recover Serena's memory, including her crush on Ash. Everything will be back to normal.

2. Ash and co. will recover her memory, but Serena will have no remembrance of her crush on Ash whatsoever. In theory, this could be the anime team's way of slowly diminishing Serena's crush on Ash. That way, when at the end of the saga nothing significant happens between Ash and Serena, us fans won't be as disappointed.

We would also need to know about the extent of Serena's memory loss. Will she have only forgotten about her journeys with Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie? Will she have forgotten everything, to the point of her not even knowing her own name? This is crucial information to know. Again, if this is real, then this could be huge for Amorshipping, whether it's a good thing or a bad thing.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
I couldn't find anything on this either, but if we are to believe what this guy says, it's inside information that is being leaked for the first time. Question is how did KGPrestige find out? Again, he gives no source of the rumor aside from vaguely specifying that it's some rumor from some guy. Not exactly a satisfying explanation. I appreciate that he says this is just a rumor and it could be false, but if this information just came from a random dude, why make a video that effectively elevates it from the status of just another rumor to potentially credible rumor? I mean no offense to Kevin, but I think he should have held off on doing this until/unless we saw magazine scans or something like that or some other more concrete/official information to work with. That he also links the supposed design change for Serena (which itself is a rumor) to the memory loss is basically speculation squared. MATH, B*TCHES

Actually,I noticed a guy(or is the same guy) who gave similar information regarding this a few months ago when the episode previews for Goomy was released on YouTube.

Edit:I found the guy and here's the few things he mentions in his comment
image.jpg

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
Another rumor... But this time it's an interesting one, but still it's a rumor, so I won't believe it until we get some sources.

But anyway, I just watched KGPrestige's video regarding that rumor. And, to my utmost inhumane Psychic powers, I have a question; why include an arc that is irrelevant to the progression of the show? Surely you would think that this has something to do with character development, I get that. But to make it into an arc? (wait how many eps does an arc have?) Well that something. They would have made it a single, if not two episodes to fit in that character development from Serena or some other characters.

To add, the images in KGPrestige's video was already shared to me by a friend of mine half a month ago. And seems there is something fishy; Why did they had the XY cake cropped out it's most important part, where we can see it is real that Serena got a redesign? To start a rumor, I guess.

But anyway, back to that memory loss, if, and only if this is real, I may flip my table 100 ft high above the ground. I may be the one who noticed this, but maybe the writers have already recognized how important Amourshipping is to the fandom, and somehow they would have included an arc solely for this ship. But, still, as I said before, this is a rumor. Sooooo yeah...

demarc

Tomorrow Is Mine
I suppose we should all just "forget" about "Forget", for now. We can still talk about how this would be handled if it were true, maybe even give someone a fanfic idea, but a rumor is just a rumor. We're all happily waiting for XY59 to be aired in February, by then we should have our future episode titles. Then we'll know it's all false, not saying it isn't false now, but it's more of a 99.99999% chance of being false, and then just being sure of that last 0.00001% chance.

The script scan and cake photo have been out for a while now, but there's no evidence that they have anything to do with said rumored "forget" arc at all.

I like a lot of his other videos (mainly because it's interesting to hear what other people have to say on things), namely the videos where he bases his analysis/speculation on things we do know. Here, the speculation is based entirely on things we don't know at all. That's kinda why I'm going to forget about this rumor. In the highly unlikely event this turns out to be real, then I will tip my cap to him and revisit the matter at that time.

I know the cake and the scans were out. But the forget arc, and even the outfit change were not to be found anywhere (correct me if I'm wrong about the outfit).

It is always nice to see another viewpoint. But then his discussions have always fallen short of ours. Not to say that his effort isn't good. He really puts his back into it. But here, we have sheer numbers to get a lot of viewpoints and to debunk rumours and stuff. Anyway, leave that matter. Let's stick to what we know. In fact, ideally we shouldn't even look further than XY060. But a little bit of extra speculation is okay; as long as we don't get wild stuff like this; or things that are too far into the future.

I believe the rumor is real, as crazy as it sounds. To those of you saying "Well, I looked over the web and didn't find anything," it's because you're not supposed to. Obviously someone would get into deep trouble if something from the XY anime leaked. Hard. However, this seems to be a small leak at the moment, so nothing bad can happen to the leaker.

If this rumor is true, then it will be interesting to see how it will be handled. If Serena loses her memory, then that means she'll have no memory of her crush on Ash, right? Well then, this can either mean two things:

1. Ash and co. will successfully recover Serena's memory, including her crush on Ash. Everything will be back to normal.

2. Ash and co. will recover her memory, but Serena will have no remembrance of her crush on Ash whatsoever. In theory, this could be the anime team's way of slowly diminishing Serena's crush on Ash. That way, when at the end of the saga nothing significant happens between Ash and Serena, us fans won't be as disappointed.

We would also need to know about the extent of Serena's memory loss. Will she have only forgotten about her journeys with Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie? Will she have forgotten everything, to the point of her not even knowing her own name? This is crucial information to know. Again, if this is real, then this could be huge for Amorshipping, whether it's a good thing or a bad thing.

I would like to point out some gaping holes in your points. Memory loss doesn't cause people to forget their feelings. Feelings is a completely different part of the brain; which is unaffected. And you think fans won't be disappointed if they diminish the crush? In the end it means the same thing. LOL. Like matthew11 said, they probably plan an arc specifically for the ship. Or this whole thing is false. But it won't be diminishing the crush because the reaction of the fans would be the same. In fact, there would be less of an outrage if they just sent her away like Dawn.

Here's the thing. If it is made out into a full arc, then Ash and co. will be retrieving Serena's memories COMPLETELY. Not partially. That really won't happen.

Last edited:

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…

I would be more sympathetic to this argument, but we have no idea what Kevin's source of the information was. He just said "words" from some guy. Is that someone who actually knows something about the show and how it works? Or is it just some random guy who is messing around and trying to play Kevin and other people for fools? If it's the latter, then it's not really a leak.

I hear all kinds of rumors all the time—Ash is aging, Ash will become Pokemon master now, so and so character will return—and they all sound appetizing, but these rumors virtually never come true. And this "forget" arc rumor is probably false as well.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I hear all kinds of rumors all the time—Ash is aging, Ash will become Pokemon master now, so and so character will return—and they all sound appetizing, but these rumors virtually never come true. And this "forget" arc rumor is probably false as well.

Any rumor is automatically false. Unless it comes from Japanese scans everything is false. Unless the Japanese writers/directors let something slip on their twitter, which is rare, then everything is false.

Any rumor is automatically false. Unless it comes from Japanese scans everything is false. Unless the Japanese writers/directors let something slip on their twitter, which is rare, then everything is false.

I agree. And even if they DO let something slip, I doubt they'll slip in something so exceptionally critical like this one. I even doubt the Serena's costume change thing strongly. There's really no picture to show that. And the cake, most of it is whited out anyway. Now yes, I saw a picture of a Treecko for Serena and a Goodra for Ash, but that's about it. I didn't see any outfit change for Serena.

Let's face it. If KG got his information from somewhere, means even we should find it. It is nowhere to be seen at all. And that's suspicious. Remember that this is the Internet. There's no mercy for those employees who leak stuff. Such a thing would go viral in no time. So if we can't find this, that means this is a really baseless rumour for now. I guess this builds up anticipation even more for the date episode..because that means that we'll get the next set of episodes too. Even if it doesn't include all this, it would still be something interesting to see.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I agree. And even if they DO let something slip, I doubt they'll slip in something so exceptionally critical like this one. I even doubt the Serena's costume change thing strongly. There's really no picture to show that. And the cake, most of it is whited out anyway. Now yes, I saw a picture of a Treecko for Serena and a Goodra for Ash, but that's about it. I didn't see any outfit change for Serena.

That's true. The anime director took a picture of the cake and then purposely whited-out all the new evolutions for the groups Pokemon to avoid spoilers. They're very protective about not leaking info on upcoming episodes.

Its the same way we never know who the new main characters are when a Pokemon anime season ends before they announce it. For example back in 2013 we had no idea who would come after Iris/Cilan until around the summer when the first XY poster came out.

That's true. The anime director took a picture of the cake and then purposely whited-out all the new evolutions for the groups Pokemon to avoid spoilers. They're very protective about not leaking info on upcoming episodes.

Its the same way we never know who the new main characters are when a Pokemon anime season ends before they announce it. For example back in 2013 we had no idea who would come after Iris/Cilan until around the summer when the first XY poster came out.

Of course. Like I said, these are very critical changes. And there's no way that they'd let something like this leak out. Its not like they don't know that the stuff will be leaked out. So if we see anything leaked, it is because they didn't mind having it leaked, like the next set of episodes after XY052. This is something they wouldn't want leaked at this point; even assuming it was true.

And you've given a perfect example of that.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
Actually,I noticed a guy(or is the same guy) who gave similar information regarding this a few months ago when the episode previews for Goomy was released on YouTube.

View attachment 13971

If that's the "source," then I'm definitely ready to move on. This looks just like those forum threads on the web where people speculate/try to predict what will happen in which episode. It's basically some random fan's prediction, and as such it has no credibility.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
If that's the "source," then I'm definitely ready to move on. This looks just like those forum threads on the web where people speculate/try to predict what will happen in which episode. It's basically some random fan's prediction, and as such it has no credibility.

Oh well then,I know it's all just baseless rumors but I thought it would be interesting to share it here

That source actually seemed plausible until the "Ash will not capture a sixth Pokemon" part. There's really no chance of that happening. Serena's Pancham evolving in XY068? How..may I ask? The speculation that Ash's Greninja would influence Pancham to evolve has more credibility. Sorry..but if that is the source, then it is definitely off. But Ikcatcher, thanks for sharing it anyway.

But here's my thing. The reason why KG probably took it up was because a few other rumours actually are possible. Like Serena getting a Treecko. We almost know that's gonna happen. Plus Charizard mega evolving. But the Ash not catching a 6th Pokemon thing is impossible. However, the "Forget" arc is a fair enough idea for a fanfic. it would be really cute if it is pulled off properly.

But someone save this. Just in case. We will know the next set of episodes after the Fabled Episode. And that will probably include XY068; given that the current set finishes with XY060. So if he is actually correct about this, he is either the Oracle of Delphi, or he's a writer. And we can completely believe the rest. LOL

Last edited:

Takeshino

武 志信

View attachment 13971

Tell me, from where did he get this information it looks fishy... (normally people say take with a grain of salt; i think i'll take a spoon :))

Honestly though. Where do you guys get these rumours anyway? I go around the Internet too, but I never find such rumours.

Anyway..let's forget it. Let's wait till someone gets a good topic to discuss about; or yet another rumour to debunk until we get to the episode on Thursday. Then we'll have enough to do for at least 4 days until XY053. We can discuss the preview; or any hints that appear in XY052; if any.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Well, I guess the rumor is...
[img139]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f8Ael13W_Dg/TWCDjhItm-I/AAAAAAAAAuI/N7W1vfR6EJI/s1600/busted.jpg[/img139]

Anyway, keep them rumors coming! We like to destroy them inside and out!

Anyway, time for a new topic. I got a question, but it comes from the 'memory loss' rumor. Anyway;

Q: What if, in the near future, in an ep, Serena did lose her memories, but somehow that memory including her childhood was transferred into Satoshi's brain? What would Satoshi do with that memory of hers, and what will he do after he had realized she has a crush on him?

Well, I guess the rumor is...
[img139]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f8Ael13W_Dg/TWCDjhItm-I/AAAAAAAAAuI/N7W1vfR6EJI/s1600/busted.jpg[/img139]

Anyway, keep them rumors coming! We like to destroy them inside and out!

Anyway, time for a new topic. I got a question, but it comes from the 'memory loss' rumor. Anyway;

Q: What if, in the near future, in an ep, Serena did lose her memories, but somehow that memory including her childhood was transferred into Satoshi's brain? What would Satoshi do with that memory of hers, and what will he do after he had realized she has a crush on him?

LOL that's true.

As to the question, I assume it would be the same as the scenario I thought of. Serena losing her memory would practically mean that she is absent. And if it were to happen in the future, then it sets the stage for him to really realize his own feelings for her. He'll realize that he likes her a lot more than any of his friends; and that he likes her in more than just a friendly way. He would realize that he needs her, and does everything in his power to help her regain her memories. That would be the last blow that would destroy his Armour of Oblivion, which is why I was quite a fan of that rumour. :p And if you think of it, it does the job- that is breaking Ash's Armour completely, in a very spectacular way.

AshSerena

Lol if the rumor "Forget" arc is true, and the writers planning to wash away Serena Crush on ash, Theres alot of Fans Gonna Get Mad and might not watch pokemon and next Gen, i dont think writers are dumb to make an arc like that tho. but if is True Info, but they slowly make Serena Remember all the Memories of ash and the Crush, i think its interesting to see that episode tho

but anyway tell me guys its false info ryt?
(but thanks for the false info, we nearly at 1000pages!)

Last edited:
Lol if the rumor "Forget" arc is true, and the writers planning to wash away Serena Crush on ash, Theres alot of Fans Gonna Get Mad and might not watch pokemon and next Gen, i dont think writers are dumb to make an arc like that tho. but if is True Info, but they slowly make Serena Remember all the Memories of ash and the Crush, i think its interesting to see that episode tho

but anyway tell me guys its false info ryt?

No. It won't wash away her crush. It is expected that Ash will be one of the primary people to help her regain. In fact, it is expected it would give hints from his side, and then restore Serena to the Serena we know. That's why I said it is very interesting.

For all practical purposes, it is false. We have absolutely no proof, or even something concrete to speculate upon. So you can forget about "Forget"

CMDShift4

Anonymous
We have a baseless rumor yesterday which is "Lucas" then now it's "forget". I wonder what (baseless) rumor will come up next?

Very interesting question but pokesrini's answer gives it away really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.