• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Welcome to the..

Amourshipping Thread - Version 2

[IMGSIZE=600]http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/321/0/f/wallpaper_ash_and_serena_by_rainbowicescream-d6unmqq.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
Credits go to Rainbowicescream on DeviantArt

What is Amourshipping, you may be asking?
Amourshipping is the belief that the characters Ash (Satoshi) and Serena from the Pokemon anime are or will be involved in a romantic relationship.
In this thread, you can discuss the hints and the development of the ship.​

Rules

1. All SPPF Rules and Shippers Community Rules Apply
  2. No Bashing or Flaming other members, characters, or shippings.
  3. No Multi-Posting - Yes, sometimes some users accidentally multi-post. If that happens, you will have to delete it immediately.
  4. Stay On Topic - This thread is meant to discuss Amourshipping and only Amourshipping so episode discussions and speculation of individual characters are not allowed unless it is related back to Amourshipping. Also, discussions involving other ships are not allowed here.
  5. No One Liners - try to avoid posts that only contain one line. Put more thought into your posts, otherwise it will be considered spam.
  6. If you post a fanart, be sure to credit the artist.

Failure to follow these rules will result in you receiving a strike. If you reach three strikes, you will be banned from posting here so you have been warned.

Helper(s):
- matthew11

Strikes & Warning:
- TheRaptor89 - Strike 1
- Ikcatcher - Strike 1
- MARCOD1091 - Strike 1
- PokemonBlazeX - Strike 1

Banned Member(s):
yuoke

Our Amourshipping Family

• xEryChan (Owner)
  • matthew11 (helper)
  • Blood Red
  • Mizz Nikki
  • pokesrini
  • Sonicheroesfan1
  • MastermindofGames
  • PokeHero96
  • Dawn+SerenaFan
  • Dr. Psycho
  • XYMewtwo
  • Ash Ketchum Fan
  • dvrandom
  • AtemSciv
  • Ikcathcer
  • AshSerena
  • RobSp1derp1g
  • Mewtario
  • Yveltal91057
  • ShinyBlaze
  • Trublsmbob
  • Peridomic
  • Veens
  • Ellis
  • PokemonBlazeX
  • RandomIndividual
  • izmir

PM me if you want your name added or if you got your name changed so I can update the list.​

FanFiction

Graphics & Fanart
Banners
Mizz Nikki

[IMGSIZE=350]http://i.imgur.com/lDLy5ny.png[/IMGSIZE]

[IMGSIZE=350]http://i.imgur.com/WU52Zne.png[/IMGSIZE]

Fanart
None so far​

AMVs

--

Lets just this thread started with a topic.

What made you choose Amourshipping rather then any other Ash/Satoshi and Serena pairings?

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Finally! Thanks for this, Ery :D

Anyway, for those of you who don't know already: There were a few minor hints in XY053 (a blush, Serena saying 'Never give up until the end!' twice). Thought I'd share this with those who didn't have translations/didn't watch the raws at all :D

What made you choose Amourshipping rather then any other Ash/Satoshi and Serena pairings?

Because it's the only pairing which is semi-canon, for starters. I've grown to like it for other reasons too, but I got into this ship because of how easy it was to ship Ash and Serena together.

Last edited:

calvinhobbesliker

I heard that there was an Amourshipping hint at the end of XY053, where Grace is talking to Serena and says Ash's name. Does anyone have a translation of that part?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I heard that there was an Amourshipping hint at the end of XY053, where Grace is talking to Serena and says Ash's name. Does anyone have a translation of that part?

AFAIK Grace was telling Serena that there was a Tripokalon in Coumarine City. right where Ash's next Gym Battle was about to take place. No hints there, sorry :/

Brandon00151

Glad to see that its back, and for real this time. I was about to go off on someone for making yet another thread then I realized it was the real deal. So last weeks episode Ash made Serena blush but besides that the episode didn't contain much in terms of Amourshipping.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I actually multi-ship, so I didn't choose AmourShipping over another Ash/Serena pairing. I find the pairing cute because of all the romantic hints that Serena has provided thus far, but I'm slowly getting over that; I really wish that Ash would give us hints, but I've also made peace with the fact that he won't be as expressive as Serena. The drought of hints right now is also sad, but I'll make do.

matthew11

8000 MMR
... *explodes*. Thank you so much Ery!

Ok. I'm gonna leave my points here about:

XY53: How about how Satoshi's obliviousness got the better of him when he already spotted Serena feeling uneasy about her mother's appearance? It just goes to show that he seems to sense something going on about her, he's just not sure how to act upon it. Discuss.

What made you choose Amourshipping rather than any other Ash/Satoshi and Serena pairings?

Obviously, it has the biggest margin out of all Satoshi/Serena pairings in becoming canon. Now all we need is Satoshi's oblivious armor broken.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I still have not seen the last episode so don't spoil anything for me, please guys.

Time for me to answer my own topic.

What made you choose Amourshipping rather than any other Ash/Satoshi and Serena pairings?

Contrary to what some of you guys may think, I actually am an Amourshipping. This is definitely one of my favorite ships involving Ash and without a doubt, my favorite ship involving Serena. I just love this pairing, it's so cute and I just love ships between childhood acquitances, what more is there I can say?

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Hooray! So glad to see this thread back in a new and better form! Thanks Ery!

About your question, I think it's just the fact that this shipping is actually 100% canon on at least one side (in this case Serena) whereas with the other PokeGirls it was assumed or speculated. Plus, like you said, the fact they have a backstory and have met in childhood gives it that cuteness that a lot of fans love.

BTW, the latest episode showed Serena blushing at something Ash said, in the presence of her mother. It was explained that beginners start riding on Skiddo to learn the ropes before moving on the harder-to-control Rhyhorn.

Ash: Huh? But I started with a Rhyhorn right away.
Serena: That was because you said absolutely wanted to enter the Rhyhorn Race they were holding there.
Ash: Yeah, I did. And thanks to you, I learned to ride.
Serena: *blushes* It was because you worked so hard at it.

Thanks to Dephender for the translation.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
BTW, the latest episode showed Serena blushing at something Ash said, in the presence of her mother. It was explained that beginners start riding on Skiddo to learn the ropes before moving on the harder-to-control Rhyhorn.

Ash: Huh? But I started with a Rhyhorn right away.
Serena: That was because you said absolutely wanted to enter the Rhyhorn Race they were holding there.
Ash: Yeah, I did. And thanks to you, I learned to ride.
Serena: *blushes* It was because you worked so hard at it.

Thanks to Dephender for the translation.

So basically Ash complimented Serena for her help before and she was embarrassed by his kind words. That's so like Serena in my opinion. I personally don't categorize that as a shipping hint per se since Ash was just giving her credit for her help, plus Serena always blushes anyway, so it's hard for me to take her blush as a serious hint.

matthew11

8000 MMR
So basically Ash complimented Serena for her help before and she was embarrassed by his kind words. That's so like Serena in my opinion. I personally don't categorize that as a shipping hint per se since Ash was just giving her credit for her help, plus Serena always blushes anyway, so it's hard for me to take her blush as a serious hint.

I'm with you here. Serena blushing in some eps is already boring, imo. It may be considered a hint to some, but to me, it doesn't affect amour other than her affection towards him growing. It is the most common thing to display affection. If anything, I'm just waiting for some hints from Satoshi's side, or some instances where Serena will step up her game and just, blatantly show her affection, purposely or not.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?

Yeah I've got to agree, Ash giving praise can't be classified as an Ash hint, especially when he gives praise to everyone. But at least Grace has been shown how Serena feels towards Ash, sort of. There were other cute moments between them through the episode, such as when Serena covers Ash' mouth quickly when he was about to mention Performing.

Koharu_Hinata

Doki Doki Sunshine!

Well, I'm a multi-Ash shipper. But I gotta say, amour is my favorite Ash ship at the moment. I guess it's because I like the fact that a main girl has a canon crush on Ash. It's quite cute. And I'm a total sucker for romance between childhood friends, so when I saw the flashback of them at the summer camp, I couldn't stop myself from shipping Ash and Serena.

taeuknam

The new thread was made in time for Xmas! It's a miracle!

For me, it was the backstory. I really liked how sweet Ash was to Serena. Especially with the hug at the end. There's also the fact that Serena was so emotionally invested in Ash after that one meeting years back that she was willing to leave home. The interactions were nice, and they both seem careful around each other, implying romantic tension.

I still have not seen the last episode so don't spoil anything for me, please guys.

Time for me to answer my own topic.

Contrary to what some of you guys may think, I actually am an Amourshipping. This is definitely one of my favorite ships involving Ash and without a doubt, my favorite ship involving Serena. I just love this pairing, it's so cute and I just love ships between childhood acquitances, what more is there I can say?

Well? What are you waiting for then? :p

As for me, it is the fact that shipping this actually makes sense; because of the backstory, and Serena's canon crush on Ash. Gives me the belief that this will actually end up being resolved. In what way, that's for time to tell. But I'll enjoy the ride, because there is a clear path leading to some direction; and not just treading in tall grass like the other ships were.

I agree, there were enough hints in XY053. The two times that Serena referred to their catchphrase was something good. And it also clears up the point that XY058 to XY060 will be in Courmarine City. So it also increases the likelihood that the three episodes are related to each other. That is a bit interesting in AmourShipping terms because the "date" episode falls exactly in between Ash's gym battle and Serena's first performance.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Welcome to the..

Amourshipping Thread - Version 2

[IMGSIZE=600]http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/321/0/f/wallpaper_ash_and_serena_by_rainbowicescream-d6unmqq.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
Credits go to Rainbowicescream on DeviantArt

What is Amourshipping, you may be asking?
Amourshipping is the belief that the characters Ash (Satoshi) and Serena from the Pokemon anime are or will be involved in a romantic relationship.
In this thread, you can discuss the hints and the development of the ship.​

Rules

1. All SPPF Rules and Shippers Community Rules Apply
  2. No Bashing or Flaming other members, characters, or shippings.
  3. No Multi-Posting - Yes, sometimes some users accidentally multi-post. If that happens, you will have to delete it immediately.
  4. Stay On Topic - This thread is meant to discuss Amourshipping and only Amourshipping so episode discussions and speculation about individual characters is not allowed here. Also, discussions involving other ships is not allowed here either.
  5. No One Liners - try to avoid posts that only contain one line. Put more thought into your posts, otherwise it will be considered spam.
  6. If you post a fanart, be sure to credit the artist.

Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning/3 point Infraction and possible ban.

Our Amourshipping Family
-xEryChan (Owner)

-Blood Red
-matthew11
-pokesrini

PM me if you got your name chaged so I can update the list.​

FanFiction
None so far​

Graphics & Fanart
Banners
None so far

Fanart
None so far​

AMVs
None so far​

--

Lets just this thread started with a topic.

I chose amourshipping because the character interactions so far have been adorable imo. I don't expect it to become canon, but I'm really looking forward to the character interaction between Ash and Serena.

I have also not seen xy53 yet either as I watch the dub, but I am hoping there are some small hints from the episode, particularly from Grace.

wiitard119

Yay were finally back!

To answer the question
"What made you choose Amourshipping rather than any other Ash/Satoshi and Serena pairings?"

I think I chose amourshipping because I used to like pearlshipping but after Dawn disappeared, I had to fill the missing void in the pokemon anime with someone new. And none the less, i got something real great. I love this shipping with all my heart.
The development and interactions between Serena and Ash feels like a real anime now unlike the previous girls where they were close but just felt like they were "just there" sometimes.

Also, Ash being mature this season helps a lot. It makes the shipping all the better compared to Ash's BW personality which was pretty disappointing. (Also episode 7 if what truly made me love amourshipping)

Glad to see this back. Now let's just hope this thread doesn't become an absolute trainwreck like the old one did...

For me it was the backstory, and the fact that Serena's crush on Ash has been confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt (about time the main girl became romantically interested in him). After having read Serena's article on Bulbapedia back in February and seeing how it mentioned her interaction with Ash at Oak's camp all those years ago, how she went to great lengths to track him down after seeing him on TV, etc., I thought, "You know she's got to be head over heels for him." Needless to say, it was the bombshell that is XY007 that proved my hunch correct, and it didn't take me long to get on board after that.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
Thank you so much for putting the AmourShipping thread up before Christmas!

For me, it's because XY is the current ongoing series. When I checked out the XY anime; I thought AmourShipping had a good chance of getting some canon hints before XY007 aired. When XY013 came out, my prediction was correct so I decided to join everybody here permanently by creating my account. To me, shipping something gets a whole lot more interesting if it can potentially become canon, which is why this is my #1 ship and why MarrisonShipping is one of my favourites as well.

Ash and Serena's bond is quite unlike anything that has happened in the series. Ash may still be a glutton, but he has grown up and he has some respect for Serena. Serena set out on her journey because she wanted to find Ash; who she knew from her childhood. She had her crush on Ash since the beginning of the series, and that's something that we don't see very often in Pokemon. Serena found her goal thanks to him, and Ash owes several of his gym battles to her. The ship is already off to a great start, and that's why I consider it to be my favourite ship.

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye

It is not a hard choice since one of the pairs actually have a canon romantic interest with the other instead of them just looking cute or doing cute stuff together, which is a plus though mind you. I'd say now that it is because it half-canon that I was drawn to it. Long ago, I paired up Ash with another girl and was disappointed with the outcome. Now all I do is ride upon this cloud 9 so long as it could last, though not get too attached by it.

Also, reminder that in the Gogoat episode Ash was the only one other than Grace, Serena's own mother--literally the person that knows the most about her, that noticed that there was something wrong with Serena.

Status
Not open for further replies.