• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five favourite hints:

5. XY040- Their little talk while waiting for Clemont and Bonnie to get help
4. XY021- The blank stare. It really means quite a bit if you ask me. That blank stare is really something different. Add to that the emphasis they gave by zooming into Ash's expression
3. XY040 (again) - The warm smile that Ash wore when Serena was feeding Fennekin that twig. Again, the warmth of that moment was something special.
1. XY059 and 060 are tied. Ash giving Serena a gift was something totally out of ordinary, and Serena wholeheartedly accepting that gift and displaying it prominently in the very next episode was great. Add to that the fact that Ash actually thanked Serena for using the gift he gave.

Takeshino

武 志信
Five favourite hints:

5. XY040- Their little talk while waiting for Clemont and Bonnie to get help
4. XY021- The blank stare. It really means quite a bit if you ask me. That blank stare is really something different. Add to that the emphasis they gave by zooming into Ash's expression
3. XY040 (again) - The warm smile that Ash wore when Serena was feeding Fennekin that twig. Again, the warmth of that moment was something special.
1. XY059 and 060 are tied. Ash giving Serena a gift was something totally out of ordinary, and Serena wholeheartedly accepting that gift and displaying it prominently in the very next episode was great. Add to that the fact that Ash actually thanked Serena for using the gift he gave.

While I do agree on all of them, I think number 5 is more of a leading up point to that warm moment.
XY026 is also a high candidate, as it was the first time someone noticed her feelings :)

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Oooh top 5 hints? Count me in!

5. Mirror World - loved how we saw how devastated Serena was that Ash was gone, and that he may never return. Remember the scene where she's looking down, eyes glistening to tears? Also, when Ash has to jump, he latches onto Serena's hand. Good episode all round.
4. Miette - This was the hint that changed everything! We got someone that actually noticed the crush, and for the first time ever on Pokemon, the main girl did NOT deny her feelings towards Ash. Pretty sure the old thread exploded with like, 30 pages when this episode premiered.
3. First Date / Design Change - although the date episode was kind of disappointing, I think we can all agree that Ash giving Serena that present was a nice little nod to Amourshipping. And then in the next episode, we see her wearing the ribbon in her redesign, and Ash compliments her new look! Great combination of episodes.
2. Blank Stare - Probably the most unique of all the hints, because its a blatant Ash hint. Sure, its debatable why he's looking like that, but I see it as a hint. And it made me laugh too! XD
1. Down in the Cliff - Need I say more? This was the first real bonding moment between the two, where they're alone and talking to just each other. Plus as others have said, we saw that look of admiration on Ash' face as Serena bonded with Fennekin.

Hmm, I'll be quite picky with my top 5 favorite hints. Meaning, I'll be listing down hints that I felt made an impact to amourshipping instead of minor and/or subtle hints. So with that cleared up, here's my list:

Amour#5
Childhood's sweet memories:
What can I say? It started it all. The very foundation of Amourshipping.

Amour#4
Miette's teasing:
Miette may not come back anymore but that doesn't mean that Serena will have to shrug off her threat of stealing Ash away. This is a good reminder that Serena has to step up her own game if she wants to win Ash's heart.

Amour#3
The stare:
Both Ash and Serena stared at each other during their respective battles and both were able to pull a strategy off making them victorious. A good indication that both Ash and Serena trusts each other so well.

Amour#2
Amourshipping motto:
"Never give up until the end!" and "Nothing we do on our journey comes to waste". Ash told Serena these words and she took it wholeheartedly. We have seen some few episodes where both Ash and Serena applied these motto. You can say that these are their "Nindos", much like Naruto and Hinata's.

And the oscar goes to......Hint: It's not Leo...
And now for my No.1 favorite hint. Well actually, there's two of them and they are tied up in my no.1 list

Amour#1A
The ribbon that ties them together:
Ash gave Serena a ribbon, the following day, Serena used the ribbon as part of her major change while Ash thanked her for using it. Yet another huge amour foreshadowing that emphasizes their relationship.

Amour#1B
Ash Ketchum:
What made this ship so darn unique in my book? Obviously, Ash himself. The way how he treats Serena, his confidence for her, the times where he was determined to win all because of Serena and the times him being a gentleman to her. Honestly, if it weren't for all these, I think I had lost hope for amour a long time ago. As I've said before, Ash is the major deciding factor, not only to amour but to other Ash ships out there as well and we have seen Ash do things for Serena that he hasn't done to anyone before. With all these in mind, I personally think that amourshipping has a huge chance of having a good resolution on both sides.

Nominated hints that did not made it to the list:
-Mirror world drifting apart moment
-Alexa's talk with Serena about Ash getting fired up because of her
-Serena's jealousy and worries towards Aria's video and Penelope's condition
-The group photo where Serena slides closer to Ash
- The not so much of a date moment​

Last edited:

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
Here's a random thought:

With Amourshipping carrying with it the ships between Ash's Pikachu and Serena's Fennekin, Ash's Froakie and Serena's Fennekin, Ash's Frogadier and Serena's Braixen, Ash's Greninja and Serena's Delphox, mirroramourshipping, all of the ships involving their mirror selves and their Pokémons' mirror selves, and a whole bunch of other minor ships, I feel like this is a rather apt visual metaphor for this side of amourshipping:

[img139]http://themavesite.com/TMS-Pictures/2012-03/ShipCarryingShips.jpg[/img139]

The foreground vessel can be whatever non-Amour-related ship you want it to be, for comedic juxtaposition.

Yuraenia

Call me Qooky :)
Top Five Amour Hints?

1. Their time together after Satoshi sprained his foot when they fell off the cliff. Yey for bonding :)
2. The gift-giving and the ribbon :D
3. All those times Satoshi protects or helps Serena.
4. Mirror world
5. Serena's blushes whenever Satoshi is involved. How obvious can you get that you like a person? ;)

tomyno

How about making Pikachu realize Serena's infatuation towards Ash much before Ash even gets a slightest hunch of it?
I always liked this scenario,may be they can use Pikachu as an instrument to bring Ash and Serena closer?

This reminds me a little pikachu-buneary shipping. Pikachu's personality is even more oblivios than Ash's, so there is no way he would figure it out before Ash does himself. Even if he has changed more than Ash , he is not gonna understand what love means. Buneary would explain that to you.

Dinomeyt

This reminds me a little pikachu-buneary shipping. Pikachu's personality is even more oblivios than Ash's, so there is no way he would figure it out before Ash does himself. Even if he has changed more than Ash , he is not gonna understand what love means. Buneary would explain that to you.

I had to think about this one for a while before commenting. While Pikachu is oblivious to Buneary, the issue with the Diamond and Pearl anime is that it really didn't go that far into the concept of romance. All we really had in DP was Lyra asking Dawn if Ash was her boyfriend. Dawn denies it and they didn't do anything with Dawn's feelings towards Ash after Lyra left. And to me, that is the biggest strike against Pearlshipping: If there were such a possibility (and I would have accepted it, Dawn and Ash were great together), then it should have developed further but it never did. They had a 52 episode span between the 7th and 8th gym battles where they could have developed Ash and Dawn's feelings for each other but they never did [52/4 (the number of weeks in a month and assuming that a new episode was aired each week) equals 13 months. The writers had over a year to develop any feelings the two had for each other and they squandered that] What I think the writers tried to do with Buneary and Pikachu is try to make it Pikachu's gag in the series. I honestly found Buneary's hints towards Pikachu more funny than cute.

Pikachu honestly could figure out Serena's crush/love/lust for Ash before Ash does. If you look at my top 5 hints, #3 is Pikachu leaving Ash alone to talk with Serena when she asks him if he remembers her. If this kind of a moment happened in any of the past series Pikachu probably stays next to Ash, listening to the girl explain herself. Here, we see Pikachu acting differently than is expected. Heck in XY059 when Ash gives Serena the ribbon, the moment is just between Ash and Serena with Pikachu nowhere to be found. Granted it's probably because he's eating the berries Ash gave to his Pokemon as a gift, but Pikachu in series past would usually be on Ash's shoulder during these kind of moments. So not only are we seeing Ash acting differently around Serena, but Pikachu being more lenient in giving Ash and Serena time alone to discuss things.

Last edited:
Top 5 amour hints?????

5) Millefeui's words. 1st time a main pokegrill doesn't deny the obvious. "If you keep staying in the clouds, I'd steal Satoshi away from you. You'd better be prepared xDD". That line was terrific.
4) The flashback: nothing to said, that scene explains everything by itself.
3) XY040: That moment was heartwarming. Nothing to say.
2) Their nindo: "Never give up 'till the very end" and "Nothing you do is a waste".

And the "number one number one number one", the ichiban, the king of moments.

1) XY059&060 combo: The ribbon speaks itself the whole super hint those 2 episodes brought to tha SS Amour fans.

ashsfuture

As for my top five moments for Amourshipping

XY episode 7

The childhood flashback it was really nice to see Serena just be in awe by just that one moment she shared with Ash, I mean that one moment with Ash made Serena the person she is today!

Ash asking Serena o join him on his journey and he's nervous while asking her!

XY episode 26

Serena in total shock by miette figuring out her crush on Ash(Blushing overload)and walks away with a smile on her face!
miette asking Ash about marriage and Serena getting jealous!

XY episode 37(mirror world)

Serena worrying about Ash while he's separated from the group
Serena telling Mirror Serena she'll take care of Ash
Serena asking Ash if they'll always be together

that was just amazing to see how much Serena cares about Ash!

XY episode 40

Seeing Ash and Serena talk about their dreams together and seeing Ash smile at Serena and support her by telling her that she should take her time and will find her dream with her pokemon.

Serena calling Ash amazing and getting flustered when Ash looks at her in surprise!

XY episode 59&60

Serena once again motives Ash, but this time in helping him with finding a present for his pokemon
her trying to hold Ash's hand
Ash giving Serena the blue ribbon as a thank you for what she did for him

Serena's performance

Ash believing in Serena that she'll be able to overcome her loss and that she's strong
him complimenting on Serena's short hair and noticing she's wearing the blue ribbon he gave her

Serena blushing and wearing the blue ribbon Ash gave her as part of her new design or should i say as part of her rebirth as a challenger towards her dream that moment showed us how strong Serena's feelings for Ash are to where it has evolve into love!

Symbols of Amoursipping :

The handkerchief-"Never Give up until the very End"/Childhood flashback "Where Ash and Serena's bond began" Pallet town!
The Blue Ribbon-"Nothing you ever do is a waste of time"

Everlasting

Everything stays.
List your TOP 5 Amourshipping hints. If you have more than 5, give me your TOP 10 hints

This is the kind of things I like to do! :p
Besides the first one which is my absolute favorite, note that the 4 others are probably not in the exact order.

5. The first time I got very hooked up by AmourShipping was when Serena shouted Ash not to give up in his rematch against Viola. Just the fact that Serena's voice resonated and made him snap out of his stress was really great to see. Although the dub kinda ruined that scene... It was so bad.

4. When Serena did not deny she had feelings for Ash when Miette 'threatened' her at the end of the episode. And her blush along that.... Ugh!

3. The Mirror Cave episode was pretty good overall. I mean, Serena's constant worry and her question at the end of the episode (if they would always be traveling together from now on) was really sweet.

2. Ash giving Serena the blue ribbon as a gift was a cute thing to do. I loved it that Ash, of all people, would do that without being suggested to.

1. My favorite moment was when Serena blushed at Ash's remark about the blue ribbon. Her little shy smile is simply too adorable not to like. I absolutely adored that scene (and that episode).

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Here's some more animator hints!!

XY036
  • When Ash is having his Sky Battle, Serena has her hand in her heart. This time it's understandable...

Movie 17 (Diancie)
  • During the battle with the trainers with Delphox and Greninja, there's a couple on the background. The girl is hanging on to the boy's arm.
  • Serena stares (not 'looks', 'stares') at Ash when he's talking to Diancie at night.
  • Fun Fact: Clemont and Bonnie have the Voltage Badge stamped on their shirts.
  • When Diancie asks what friends are, Ash can't really answer, and looks at Serena, as if trusting she had the answer.
  • BG hint: When Diancie releases the diamond, there's a guy talking to a girl. She brings her hands to her mouth because of something he said.
  • Serena reassures Diancie Ash will be alright, just because it's Ash.
  • Using Freeze Frame technology, again, I've decomposed the whole Ash helping Serena climb the fallen tree. Remember kids, I do this, so you don't have to!
    • Ash climbed up to the tree and looks at Serena, who's looking at him. In the next frame Ash is looking down and away, with his eyes closed.
    • Ash leaps to the next log while Serena climbs the first one. She moves twice as slow as Ash.
    • Ash then turns to Serena, right hand on backpack strip (forgot the right word), extends his left hand and Serena's hand meets his. They never leave each other's gaze. And, he helps her climb down... But wait, there's more! After she's safely on the ground, she helps him down. It is then that Ash releases Serena's hand. However, Ash keeps looking at Serena...
  • When the forest is being destroyed, and Ash arrives near the gang, Serena brings both her hands to her heart.
  • Closing credits: Serena wishes upon a star, and Ash looks at her while she does.
  • Let's not forget that there were some Amour-heavy scenes in one of the trailers and they were cut from the movie...

XY037 - Reflection Cave
  • Serena sees Ash jumping into the Mirror World and calls out for him.
  • Serena gets very upset about not being able to do anything to save Ash.
  • M-Serena tells Serena to think that she wants to travel with Ash.
  • Serena asks Ash if they'll keep journeying together, to which Ash says "Don't ask obvious questions."

XY038
  • Once again, Ash is training and Serena has her hand over her heart.
  • Serena panics at the thought of Ash being eaten.

XY039 - Summer Camp
  • Ash says the stronger the opponent, the more excited he gets. When he says this, Serena looks at him.
  • Not really animation hint, but Clemont comments on the camp bringing back memories to Ash and Serena.
  • Serena's Pokévision has 44061 views.
  • Ash is shown very excited about Shauna showing Serena's Pokévision video.
  • When Tierno talks about Ash's dream, Serena looks at him.
  • Ash and Serena look at each other excitedly when they discover that Diantha is in the camp's Hall of Fame.

XY040
  • The group is running and Ash has his eyes on Serena.
  • Serena comments on the food tasting different, but good, and when Ash doesn't reply, she gets bummed out.
  • Ash saves Serena when she falls down the cliff.
  • After returning her hat to her, Ash scratches his nose nervously...
  • When Serena wets the cloth, she lingers on taking her hands off of Ash's foot.
  • At the end of their Pokévision, Ash looks at Serena.

XY041
  • Serena worries about Ash's leg.
  • When Ash is jumping in the Drifloon and Drifblim, Serema is worried.

XY042
  • No hints.

XY043
  • In the Pokémon Center, Serena has her hand in her heart.
  • Serena worries about Ash not having readied his strategy.
  • Serena doesn't laugh at Ash's ridiculous dance moves...
  • Serena teaches Ash how to dance. Now, why is it that nobody has made a fanfic out of this?
  • Korrina's hair is really freaking long!

XY044
  • Ash tells Froakie to cheer for him using the rhythm strategy, and Serena smiles at this interaction.
  • Ash looks at Serena for inspiration.
  • Upon deciding to go to Courmarine City, Ash looks at Serena.
  • Ending song: Ash and Serena are running in the back while Bonnie, Clemont and all their Pokémon are in the front.

XY045
  • Apparently Ash doesn't know that siblings can have quarrels...

XY046
  • The books titles in the Pokémon Center translate to (in order): Pokémon, UVWXYZ, UVWXY. Trust me, I checked.
  • The Wigglytuff book is titled GNEKE.
  • Ash grabs Nurse Joy's hand and pulls her towards the group. Why am I mentioning this here? Because I believe Ash has done this with the main girl at least once in every series so far. It's only a matter of time until he does so to Serena and we get a reaction from her...

XY047
  • As the episode begins, Ash and Clemont are looking at Serena and Bonnie.
  • Serena launches herself at Pumpkaboo, protecting Fennekin. Ash calls out for her.
  • When Ash approaches Serena after she caught Pancham, he's holding her bag.
  • ENDING SONG: Ash covers Serena with a blanket.

XY048
  • Ash moves in front of Serena to protect her.

I'll answer the question tomorrow.

Also, be sure to read my new oneshot. Link is in my signature.

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
Hmm, I'll be quite picky with my top 5 favorite hints. Meaning, I'll be listing down hints that I felt made an impact to amourshipping instead of minor and/or subtle hints. So with that cleared up, here's my list:

Amour#5
Childhood's sweet memories:
What can I say? It started it all. The very foundation of Amourshipping.

Amour#4
Miette's teasing:
Miette may not come back anymore but that doesn't mean that Serena will have to shrug off her threat of stealing Ash away. This is a good reminder that Serena has to step up her own game if she wants to win Ash's heart.

Amour#3
The stare:
Both Ash and Serena stared at each other during their respective battles and both were able to pull a strategy off making them victorious. A good indication that both Ash and Serena trusts each other so well.

Amour#2
Amourshipping motto:
"Never give up until the end!" and "Nothing we do on our journey comes to waste". Ash told Serena these words and she took it wholeheartedly. We have seen some few episodes where both Ash and Serena applied these motto. You can say that these are their "Nindos", much like Naruto and Hinata's.

And the oscar goes to......Hint: It's not Leo...
And now for my No.1 favorite hint. Well actually, there's two of them and they are tied up in my no.1 list

Amour#1A
The ribbon that ties them together:
Ash gave Serena a ribbon, the following day, Serena used the ribbon as part of her major change while Ash thanked her for using it. Yet another huge amour foreshadowing that emphasizes their relationship.

Amour#1B
Ash Ketchum:
What made this ship so darn unique in my book? Obviously, Ash himself. The way how he treats Serena, his confidence for her, the times where he was determined to win all because of Serena and the times him being a gentleman to her. Honestly, if it weren't for all these, I think I had lost hope for amour a long time ago. As I've said before, Ash is the major deciding factor, not only to amour but to other Ash ships out there as well and we have seen Ash do things for Serena that he hasn't done to anyone before. With all these in mind, I personally think that amourshipping has a huge chance of having a good resolution on both sides.

Nominated hints that did not made it to the list:
-Mirror world drifting apart moment
-Alexa's talk with Serena about Ash getting fired up because of her
-Serena's jealousy and worries towards Aria's video and Penelope's condition
-The group photo where Serena slides closer to Ash
- The not so much of a date moment​

"....The ribbon that ties them together...." Oh my god. Brilliant. Give this guy a cookie!

Now for the trending question here...

5. XY26 - Need I say more...? It's just that long hard blush that Miette triggered...Ugh god :D

4. XY002 - Ladies and Gentlemen, it's the episode that started the hype. And I cant believe it's not on your lists but I guess with the barage of hints we can choose from, I wouldn't blame you.

3. XY21 and XY40 - Golden Ash stares is all I can say.

2. XY59/60 - My first sentence says it all ^^^^

1. XY37 - Oh my god I love this episode. With Serena worried and the ending. Best moment(s) for me

Hmm, let's make another top 5 list. You can add more if you want but make sure to add the best that you think in your top 5.

So, We all know that Ash has done a lot of things for Serena that he only did specifically for her but what's your top 5 best Ash hints so far?

I'll add mine later.

Yuraenia

Call me Qooky :)
Just saw the preview for the next episode :D There was a shot of Tierno protecting Bonnie as a tree on fire falls, followed by Satoshi and Serena standing back-to-back surrounded by fire and trying to protect themselves. Just thought I'd chime in ;)
Do you think there could be any hints for the next episode?

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Hmm, let's make another top 5 list. You can add more if you want but make sure to add the best that you think in your top 5.

So, We all know that Ash has done a lot of things for Serena that he only did specifically for her but what's your top 5 best Ash hints so far?

I'll add mine later.

Dang,this is pretty hard to pick cause it's Ash

5.XY011:Some might not remember this but this was when Ash helped Serena across a river.Not that much but still really cute

4.XY021:Of coruse the blank stare comes in mind for Ash hints,really noticable and pretty funny as well

3.XY054:Ash pushing Serena out of the way when the trucks were heading towards them.At first I was pretty skeptical with this hint.But with the power of Science!(and freeze frame technology) I was surprised at what I found,he actually did pushed her out of the way

2.XY040:That whole scene with Ash and Serena when they were at the bottom of the cliff.This was heartwarming since this was the first time they were both alone.That pep talk Ash gave to Serena was also really nice as well.

1.XY059/XY060:The blue ribbon.When Ash gave Serena to blue ribbon,I feel like it's a reverse version of what happened all the way back in XY007 with Serena giving the cookies.Its also a really nice touch that Ash noticed the ribbon and thanks Serena for using it

Just saw the preview for the next episode :D There was a shot of Tierno protecting Bonnie as a tree on fire falls, followed by Satoshi and Serena standing back-to-back surrounded by fire and trying to protect themselves. Just thought I'd chime in ;)

What?! Really? o_O Well well! Sounds fun! But I think I'll save my opinion till the time I see it for myself.

matthew11

8000 MMR

1) Childhood background: Just one act of kindness from him started it all. If that Poliwag didn't exist, then yeah.

2) Word of kindness and invitation: This was a hint in XY007, where he spoke that Serena was responsible for his win against Viola. After this, he asked her to travel with them, in a nervous manner suggested by the cheek scratching.

3) Stare: Although some consider it as a general, neutral thing, I think it holds deeper meaning. I mean, this is the first time he actually stared at a girl like that, much more that the camera is actually focused only on him in this instance. His succeeding action makes it a bit obvious, meaning he spoke in a slightly nervous way

4) Dat Ribbon: I still consider this as something repeated! But hey it's another thing that strengthen the ties between these two lovebirds.

5) Epic Cliff Save: Just added this for the heck of it. But even when (I assume) he knew that it was impossible to save her that instance, he still went and grabbed her hand.

No, unless there is something small you can describe as a hint, like name-shouting, closed-distance, hand-over-heart, etc. But I don't really consider them as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.