• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

jettblakk

Head Hancho
I enjoyed Mewtario's piece on pokemon's potential commentary on Japan's current socioeconomic state. While I do agree that it's overthinking pokemon's creative team's intentions, doesn't mean it wasn't an interesting read, I think it's better to overthink rather than underthink. However, I think that the ending of Naruto has had an effect on pokemon and I think the success of Naruto's sequel will impact long running shonen series in the present and future. However, I think the way the animators have setup the series thus far, really any potential outcome is a possibility. I'm also going to segway into two older questions posted: % that AS goes canon, I'd say 50-60% but if AS goes canon, that doesn't dictate how the future anime pans out. Serena & Ash can go their separate ways at the end of XY and AS still go canon, they can also travel to a new region together in Gen VII and AS go canon, or they could go the most unlikely route and end Ash's saga and have AS go canon and reboot the series with Gen VII. I'm not going to expound on it just here but I believe that Pikachu is the real mascot for the anime as opposed to Ash and with the ending of a series like Naruto frsh in everyone's mind, rebooting the series in the same vein Naruto currently is, is still unlikely but more of a possibility for pokemon I believe compared to how AS's potential was before the XY anime debuted.

But I think the percentage of AS being canon will jump or drop quickly within the next 10-12 episodes. I think between the gym battle with Clemont and Serena's next showcase, and episodes in between, there's plenty of hint fodder. I still maintain we might see the Dying Declaration of Love from Serena when her and Ash are trapped by the fire (which is funny considering an episode earlier, Serena took a flamethrower to the face from point blank range and shook it off like a champ, ah the wonders of pokemon) but I'm not really gonna touch the Top 5 hints list cause it'll just be a rehash of other people's lists but I want to bring up one hint that I don't think I saw on anyone's list that could come back to be the first true big Ash hint.

I think XY025, where Serena gets anxious before Ash's battle with Grant and Bonnie and then Clemont noticed her tension, I serious think the animators can mirror this same thing in the episode where Serena has her next showcase. During the first or second round (i say second round cause I think it's safe to assume that after everything in XY060, that Serena will most likely win the next showcase she enters) we see our heroes in the stands and we may see a little tension from Ash that canned a direct callback to ep 25. Maybe Ash's grip on Pikachu gets a little tight, maybe even with Pikachu shooting Ash a "what the hell dude, that hurts..." kinda look which tips Bonnie off and she's asks Ash if he's okay. Ash can have some dialogue with Bonnie that is similar to Serena's lines from XY025, possibly something like:

Ash: "I didn't think much about Tripokelons being as difficult as something like fighting for a gym badge but after watching Serena's first time, I never thought of the pressure she must've felt having so many people's eyes on her and fennekin. How happy she was receiving that dress from her mom and wanting to beat Shauna and then (cut to flashback of Fennekin's fall from 060) but do you know what?

Bonnie: What is it??

Ash: She got up, even falling short of a goal, it's easy to feel helpless (flashback to Ash's charizard slacking off in the Indigo League match vs Richie) but even with everyone's eyes on her, Serena got up, she kept fighting. In her training, she keeps fighting to achieve her goal, I see know Serena has to train as hard as I need to for my gym battles.

Clemont: Serena was so happy just thinking about competing in a Tripokelon, imagine how happy she'd be if she won?

Bonnie: (smiling) Yeah!

Ash: Yeah, (smiles)...I think all of us want to see Serena achieve her goal

Of course, this is all just fantasy (for the moment anyways) but with Serena's concern noticed by the anime's designated shipper character means that during Serena's second contest the roles can be reversed here and even though the undercurrent of the scene/dialogue may not be inherently romantic in subtext, but just the effort put in to write a scene like this (like the cliff scene in episode 40), shows the animators have even bigger plans for the ship imo. Even more than the ribbon episodes, mirroring concern between Ash & Serena would make this imho the biggest Ash hint yet and in turn the biggest hint in AS. But that's just me....wow what a tangent!

shahroze12

Apparently it seems that Ash is smiling in that scene whereas Pikachu of all people seems a bit upset/surprised/uncomfortable.... Doesn't ash sense an invasion of territory or does he need his yellow rat to shock him to understand!! I seriouslly hope that Ash shows some sign of jelouslly, even if it is small!! Maybe the blue ribbon will come up and , after realizing its hopeless, Teirno will bro-pat Ash on the shoulder and........... wait im getting carried away again... That's what i get for reading too many fanfics!!! :p

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I warned people to watch out for tierno...

I just hope "certain people" try to shotgun ship him and Serena to keep Ash and her apart.

jettblakk

Head Hancho
So apparently Tierno will really like Serena's new design in the next episode, going as far as to get on his knees for her and with hearts in his eyes. While it's a small thing that'll likely be a gag, will it affect AmourShipping at all? I hope Ash gets a little jealous or something at the very least and has a reaction. It'd be a solid hint from him imo.

Well, I guess it's gonna be a fun day on this thread come Thursday!!! lol. For my taste anyway, I think it's a little too upfront with Tierno's actions but that doesn't mean it can't be good. The one line that stuck with me since the summer camp arc (which I mentioned about in a previous post when the information regarding this set of episodes was published) was when Ash & Co. met Tierno/Trevor/Shauna, Tierno gushed about Serena's pokevision video and Shauna said something like "sorry about that, he (Tierno) develops crushes easily", which I just felt was out of place for my taste. So I wanted to wait until we saw Tierno again to see if this line creeped in again or it was just a throw away line. I was kinda hoping Tierno would be like "what happened to you!!" to Serena and he kept making offhand remarks about why she cut her hair and then we'd get a hint when Ash would get tired of Tierno's remarks and challenged him to a battle. Then maybe something at the end like Ash tells Serena your new look suits you and maybe a blush on Serena's end and some nervous face scratching by Ash. But this could get interesting....hell screw my last post, this would be the first significant hint on Ash's side if the writers want to get serious. Although I can't wait for Thursday cause this place will be a madhouse regardless of how it plays out. Can't wait (circles Thursday on calendar, makes note in iPhone calendar and sets reminder)

ShadowForce720

Apparently it seems that Ash is smiling in that scene whereas Pikachu of all people seems a bit upset/surprised/uncomfortable.... Doesn't ash sense an invasion of territory or does he need his yellow rat to shock him to understand!! I seriouslly hope that Ash shows some sign of jelouslly, even if it is small!! Maybe the blue ribbon will come up and , after realizing its hopeless, Teirno will bro-pat Ash on the shoulder and........... wait im getting carried away again... That's what i get for reading too many fanfics!!! :p

Well another thing that could happen is once Teirno finds out that the Blue ribbon Serena is wearing is from Ash he could potentially just assume that Ash and Serena are couple when there not or maybe he would you know tease Ash about it although then again I could see Serena quickly trying to change the subject or getting Teirno to be quiet because she may worry that Ash may find out about her feelings before she is ready to confess.

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
Apparently it seems that Ash is smiling in that scene whereas Pikachu of all people seems a bit upset/surprised/uncomfortable....

If that looks like a smile to you, then I can only assume that you think that \ and / are parentheses. Albeit it's from quite a distance, but it looks like a straight/slanted mouth to me, signaling anything from a neutral to a negative reaction.

So apparently Tierno will really like Serena's new design in the next episode, going as far as to get on his knees for her and with hearts in his eyes. While it's a small thing that'll likely be a gag, will it affect AmourShipping at all? I hope Ash gets a little jealous or something at the very least and has a reaction. It'd be a solid hint from him imo.

I expect it to be a running gag a'la Bonnie's "marry my brother" thing. I certainly hope Ash shows at least a touch of a negative reaction to that. This episode certainly has potential, I'll give it that.

If that looks like a smile to you, then I can only assume that you think that \ and / are parentheses. Albeit it's from quite a distance, but it looks like a straight/slanted mouth to me, signaling anything from a neutral to a negative reaction.

There's no smile in that scene. Serena backs off, so no chances of a "love rival" debate there. As to Ash's reaction, it was not shown. They cut the scene while Tierno was still proposing. Bonnie and Ash have neutral reactions, Serena has a negative one- seen by her stepping back.

I suppose if this is a recurring thing, then it will be pretty interesting as far as AmourShipping is concerned. Adds a new dynamic to it.

Part of me thinks this could just be another occasionally recurring running gag, just for laughs, since the way they're showing it is over-the-top a la Brock falling in love with every Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny he meets. Shauna even said in XY039 that Tierno gets crushes easily. I'll be curious to see what Ash does here (if anything), in addition to what Serena does. I think as long as it stays like that, it could add an interesting, cute dynamic to Amour, especially if we see Serena get all bashful whenever Tierno gets too friendly and we see her getting a bit uneasy. That would be an obvious opportunity for her to reaffirm her feelings for Ash (to the viewers, of course).

I read that Fujita (who's written some of the shippier episodes thus far in XY) will be the writer for the Tierno episode, for what it's worth. Also, I read that Tomioka (who wrote key Amour episodes) will be writing the BroBowl episode, XY067 GET HYPE. Not a huge shocker, since he's done most of the gym battles so far (the only exception so far being the Ramos gym battle, written by Yonemura). I'll be curious to see whether we'll get some spaghetti, during the battle itself or somewhere else in the episode. Also, all XY gym battle episodes have featured at least some Amour moments, so that's another reason I wouldn't be shocked if we got something in XY067.

Too late to answer, but a little correction... Fukuji's battle was written by Tomioka himself, although the episode before the battle (the Vanipeti one with Nyasu doing tha JoJo poses) was writen by Yonemura.

Regarding next episode. I expect at least a class C hint when Satoshi and Serena are caught on da faiyaa. The episode itself has good scenarios to put hints despite it being a shinka episode, and Serena seems too uncomfortable with Tierno's advances.

Pikachu seems upset though. Maybe he would not juuman boruto, but Iron Tail some sense on Satoshi's harder-than-a-diamond head if he remains dense.

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
Pikachu seems upset though. Maybe he would not juuman boruto, but Iron Tail some sense on Satoshi's harder-than-a-diamond head if he remains dense.

With Pikachu running off to give Ash and Serena privacy when she first approached him to ask if she remembered him, Pikachu nodding in approval when Ash asked if Serena would join their group, Pikachu electing not to shock Serena in violation of status quo, Pikachu being one of the pokémon actively cheering Ash on when Ash prepared to give her the present, and Pikachu seeming excited when Ash noticed the blue ribbon, Pikachu is already a well-established amourshipper. Pikachu being upset with Tierno's advances is simply him reacting to the situation as such.

Last edited:

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
Too late to answer, but a little correction... Fukuji's battle was written by Tomioka himself, although the episode before the battle (the Vanipeti one with Nyasu doing tha JoJo poses) was writen by Yonemura.

Regarding next episode. I expect at least a class C hint when Satoshi and Serena are caught on da faiyaa. The episode itself has good scenarios to put hints despite it being a shinka episode, and Serena seems too uncomfortable with Tierno's advances.

PocketMonsters.net definitely has the writer of XY058, the Ramos gym battle, as Yonemura... http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/viewep/1815

And PM has the Vanillite episode as written by Takegami... http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/viewep/1814

Either way, XY058 did have that Amour moment at the beginning, where Serena went to look for Ash when she noticed he wasn't in his bed, and then admired him as she watched him get pumped up for his gym battle.

On your other points, I agree that this week's episode presents a good chance for us to get some hints out of what seems to be an evolution episode. But I'm not understanding why we're putting Amour hints into categories all of a sudden?

Also, not everyone here is familiar with the Japanese terms you're using, so it would really be helpful if you could try to explain what they mean.

Ballzeh

Hello there !

To be honest, after I read your posts I was kinda worried for Amour but after I saw the so-called scene, I got a bit reassured !

Well, there is ABSOLUTLY no smiles in that scene with Tierno kneeling before Serena !

Ash seems completly neutral and I laughed about Bonnie's face ! I kinda thought it was a "Misty" face like "what the hell is he doing ?!" before pulling Brock by his ear. :D
Serena seemed very embarassed about Tierno doing that by the way. I know it's just a speculation of course but she still stepped back.
She will deny him for sure anyway ! :rolleyes: She cares about Amour too much hahaha !
I do hope that Ash will put himself between Tierno and Serena (like challenging him for a battle - a revenge since he lost during the summer camp) even if I dont believe it much. However, it would be a great hint for Ash !

Can't wait to be Thursdayyy !

P.S. : Is that Red in the very end of the preview ? :O

Last edited:

ashsfuture

well we all know how Serena reacted to

.the woman Penelope the kindergarten teacher asked Ash to be with her if she won their battle even though it was just to have some pokemon to show the kids and she got worried that Ash was going to go with her.

.thinking that Ash found Ellie(Kalos Queen) to be cute when he was talking about her fennekin gets worried at first then breaths a sigh of relief knowing that Ash is not interested in Ellie

.Got Angry when Miette asked Ash about a future wife(or did he have someone to take care of him) and was totally caught off guard when Miette figured out her feelings for Ash to where she was told by Miette to tell Ash how she really feels about him.

So Serena already has dealt with something that most girls do worry about in the world of love(just like Hinata) I have to say that it's funny to see Tierno become infatuated(kinda like Conway, but in no way creepy) with Serena again, but I just see Serena just have a sweat drop come down her face and slightly laugh it off or just go over to Ash.

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
Well, I just saw the second preview. Tierno's gag seems to be taking part again, but this time, he's actually kneeling in front of Serena. But I can't guarantee that there will be hints in that scene since, first, Serena has a blank expression, and second, Satoshi is smiling -_-. And wait... Is that Red from the end of the preview?

Oh yeah, and I just saw Strongest Mega Evolutions Act III. And I'm just out of words, literally. Go see for yourself to find out what I'm talking about.

Crassus

Banned
Well, I just saw the second preview. Tierno's gag seems to be taking part again, but this time, he's actually kneeling in front of Serena. But I can't guarantee that there will be hints in that scene since, first, Serena has a blank expression, and second, Satoshi is smiling -_-. And wait... Is that Red from the end of the preview?

Oh yeah, and I just saw Strongest Mega Evolutions Act III. And I'm just out of words, literally. Go see for yourself to find out what I'm talking about.

Ash is smiling? WTF? That's definitely not the right reaction for him. The ideal reaction for him is he feels threatened (but without knowing why), and angrily challenge Tierno to a battle.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix

Yeah,the preview is uh...interesting some people on Twitter are going cukoo for cocoa puffs over this preview
Yeah,I know which scene you're talking about and also EXPLOSIONS

AshSerena

Yeah It seems Ash is smiling :/(Satoshi no Baka!) Lets pray that this episode contain atleast minor hint(kamisama~)

and oh i heard tierno saying "You Image Change" or " Did you Image Change" after he kneel in front of serena.
and at the end of preview, probably not red, iirc that is from baseball anime? not sure tho

Last edited:
I don't know if that is a smile...really doesn't look like a smile to me. Seems like the intermediate animation between a smile and that look that Bonnie has. Then again, it is of no consequence really. But what's up with the last frame? Really looks like Red to me. But why on Earth would they bring Red into the mainstream anime?

matthew11

8000 MMR
Ash is smiling? WTF? That's definitely not the right reaction for him. The ideal reaction for him is he feels threatened (but without knowing why), and angrily challenge Tierno to a battle.

...Iiyeah that is the ideal reaction we Amourians expect. But due to his current characteristic, that wish won't be granted... yet.

I don't know if that is a smile...really doesn't look like a smile to me. Seems like the intermediate animation between a smile and that look that Bonnie has. Then again, it is of no consequence really. But what's up with the last frame? Really looks like Red to me. But why on Earth would they bring Red into the mainstream anime?

[imgsize=400]http://i.imgur.com/CwJv8Y9.png[/imgsize]
Nope. Definitely a smile, a calm one. But yes, no potential consequences.

And unfortunately, that's not Red *sigh*. It's from a baseball anime, according to a youtuber. Dammit just got my hopes up for nothing :/

Ballzeh

[imgsize=400]http://i.imgur.com/CwJv8Y9.png[/imgsize]
Nope. Definitely a smile, a calm one. But yes, no potential consequences.

And unfortunately, that's not Red *sigh*. It's from a baseball anime, according to a youtuber. Dammit just got my hopes up for nothing :/

I disagree. I don't see any smile on his face to be honest.

Errr... I would have been so happy to see Red ! As least in the Mega Evolution anime because he doesn't belong the original one. An Alan vs Red (with his M-Venusaur) battle would be so cool :D

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
Yeah It seems Ash is smiling :/(Satoshi no Baka!) Lets pray that this episode contain atleast minor hint(kamisama~)

and oh i heard tierno saying "You Image Change" or " Did you Image Change" after he kneel in front of serena.
and at the end of preview, probably not red, iirc that is from baseball anime? not sure tho

Even if Ash is "smiling" there, I think people are jumping to conclusions too quickly about what it means. If it is a smile, it could very easily just be one of those neutral soft smiles that seem to be the characters' default expressions. It could be mild bemusement on Ash's part. Plus we are only seeing a small snippet of that scene in the preview. His expression may well change. And even if it doesn't, I still don't think it's a big deal.

My guess is that Serena politely gives Tierno the friendzone, while Ash kind of just stands there with an awkward grin and a sweat drop. But it'd be cool to see something more from him than that.

Maybe each time we see Tierno, he tries wooing Serena a different way, but each time he gets rebuffed a different way?

Status
Not open for further replies.