• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsdfhf

Wumboligist
Knowing Ash, he's probably just smiling since he finds it amusing. xD

Dang, Red rumors? Makes me wish the Adventures Manga was animated.

shahroze12

I just read this on facebook... Apparently there is now a ship between Terino and Serena.. Its called "FatChanceShipping" I think thats really creative...

I doubt that Ash is going to show any signs of jealously in this episode, but who know Ash can show signs of jealously the next time Tierno makes a cameo... That would show Ash's development in the context of Amourshipping. On the other hand maybe Serena will make an extra effort to give us hints in next weeks episode, just enough for Tieno to understand...

Any ways next week's episode is going to be good!! I can say that without a shadow of a doubt! :D

matthew11

8000 MMR
Even if Ash is "smiling" there, I think people are jumping to conclusions too quickly about what it means. If it is a smile, it could very easily just be one of those neutral soft smiles that seem to be the characters' default expressions. It could be mild bemusement on Ash's part. Plus we are only seeing a small snippet of that scene in the preview. His expression may well change. And even if it doesn't, I still don't think it's a big deal.

Correct. But since this 'smile' of him is no big deal, it still neutralizes the possibility of hints on Satohi's side occuring in that scene. It may change dramatically as the scene changes, but that is unknown until we see the actual episode.

I disagree. I don't see any smile on his face to be honest.

Errr... I would have been so happy to see Red ! As least in the Mega Evolution anime because he doesn't belong the original one. An Alan vs Red (with his M-Venusaur) battle would be so cool :D

Ok then?

When it comes to Mega Evolution specials, it's all about power and awesomeness :D unlike the original series. But enough about Red.

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
I personally think that Ash looks indifferent or mildly upset, effectively making a minor ":/" face, but I have the feeling that people are going to be analyzing every pixel of that screencap for a while to come.

Meanwhile, Pikachu seems actively upset. Do you suppose Tierno's going to get a shock from Ash's wingmon?

Last edited:

PsyDan

Hello everybody! I'm new to Serebii and this is my first post. I hope I can contribute to this thread significantly.

Regarding Tierno, I believe, like ScienceIsSoAmazing, that he is just going to go Brock-mode on Serena. Nothing too serious, just another running gag we will see in every appearance Tierno makes. I do hope Ash shows some hints of jealousy in the next episode regarding this though. I'm also very curious about what will happen with Ash and Serena in the fire before they get saved by Goodra.

Dinomeyt

I'm looking at the preview. Folks who are concerned about Tierno taking Serena from Ash just need to take a deep breath of fresh air. It's a Brock-like gag that we are seeing here. If you are looking for anything in this scene when it airs, it's going to be Ash's reaction to Tierno's actions. Serena takes a step back with no smile on her face meaning she is taking this very negatively/has no interest in Tierno. Besides, we all know where Serena's heart is at this point, and I doubt she is going to change that. I DO hope the blue ribbon is brought up at some point during this gag.

ShadowForce720

Just out of curiosity could you ever see a scenario where Serena might tell someone that Ash is her boyfriend even though at the time that would obviously not be the case?

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
Just out of curiosity could you ever see a scenario where Serena might tell someone that Ash is her boyfriend even though at the time that would obviously not be the case?

The most likely or obvious case would be if they're put into a situation where one or the other wants to participate in some event, only to learn later that it's a couples-only event, and just as the person who originally wanted to do it gets disappointed and almost turns back, the other steps up/builds up nerve and claims that they're a couple.

Also, here's an interesting thought: Serena doing things like reaching for Ash's hand only to get flustered and abandon the endeavor, or calling him an amazing person only to change the subject when he notices possible subtext in the remark, could be construed as her "giving up" before "it's over." Thus, her personal character arc could be resolved in the same gesture as amourshipping becoming canon, both of which would presumably happen at the end of the series.

Last edited:

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
Oooooh... Saw the preview and I was all like o_O

Tierno obviously loves the redesign, I thought that this "puppy love" type crush was a one time thing that only occurred in the summer camp arc. He had called Serena cute, and that was pretty much it, the conversation moved into something more serious iirc. Sure is interesting though. You can't really change the topic this time around. I mean, he's pretty much proposing in that one scene.

We're gonna have a reaction from the whole crew, especially Serena. I don't think she'll flat out reject him, but she's going to have one of those flustered reactions, where she puts two hands in front of her, with a sweat drop. As to what Ash's reaction is, I can't really tell based on the info we have so far. He'll most likely change the subject once this is all sorted out, to something a bit more important. Or maybe this is the part where Team Rocket butts in. I don't see any jealously, at least not yet. For them to include this scene in the preview though... The writers definitely want to go somewhere with this. Food for thought I guess :3

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
All this talk about Tierno reacting to Serena's new design has got me thinking:
How would Shauna and Trevor react to her new design?

I doubt Trevor would question about her design or the ribbon but I'm willing to bet Shauna would ask her
Maybe Shauna would ask:Nice blue ribbon!Where did you get it from?
Serena:I uh....got it from someone.

Ririka

Fairy Trainer
Predictions!

Seeing the preview, what possibly could happen in sequence to Tierno's action is that Serena has this weary looks (with comical sweat drop) while looking at Satoshi for some kind of "help" there, while Satoshi himself also has this sweatdrop thingy OR simply smiling/grinning like an idiot which won't amuse Serena. And it'll be over just like that.

mega snorlax

Just saw that preview. That image had fewer pixels than my fingers (thanks to the zoom). Angry Lord about to evolve, Ash and Serena surrounded by the Ring of Fire, Team Rocket trying to steal Pokemon and commit juvenile homicide, and Tierno apparently proposing to Serena. But Ash's expression is hard to read, maybe the 'smile' is just an animation error, or being the cheerful kid he usually is, probably slightly amused about the situation. It probably may not even be a smile but I'm not too sure.

PsyDan

Also, have some of you seen the new summary for the Black Clembot episode ? Alexa is appearing here! Hoping to see a AmourShipping support hint from her, or a comment on Serena's new haircut. She's the first important character, besides the main cast, who is going to notice it. :D

Seeing how Alexa noticed how Serena inspired Ash back in XY006, I wouldn't be surprised if she had a role in AmourShipping. I personally think that if Bonnie isn't the first non-CotD to notice Serena's feelings for Ash, Alexa will be.

Thinking about it, it was basically thanks to Alexa that Ash and Serena reunited. She brought Ash to Kalos after all LOL.

Sheepy Lamby

wow... why so much quietness here? :S
Smiles...
Let's take this with a grain of salt guys :)
If Ash "smiles" during this upcoming episode because of Trieno's romantic attitude towards Serena, he will do it basically because he will find them funny and not embarrassing...
I wish we can get hints on Thursday... but pushing hints from scenes they don't really fit is risky, just saying :p
There are hints or no hints... can someone explain why should we categorize them? Sorry but I don't get it!!

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
There are hints or no hints... can someone explain why should we categorize them? Sorry but I don't get it!!

Easy: because, for example, backpack proximity is not equal to as a confession of one's crush in terms of making a ship more likely to become canonical, and some hints are debatably not even hints depending on whose view you go by. Thus, I believe they should be classified based on their strength.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
*shy dragon incoming!*

So... After stalking this thread in particular since its creation... I've finally decided to show myself after encouragement from a friend on here. So yeah, super insecure and not an avid "Amourian" rookie is showing up.

*clears throat* But as for the discussion itself... I was kind of curious why hints needed to be classified, until what Mewtario said. Certainly makes sense. As for the upcoming episode...who knows if Ash is really smiling or not, but if he is really smiling, I remember someone mentioning that what Tierno did might just be a Brock gag, which led me to have this (probably silly) thought: could Ash be smiling because Tierno reminds him of Brock when he went after girls? Probably not though, but it's just a thought.

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
As for the upcoming episode...who knows if Ash is really smiling or not, but if he is really smiling, I remember someone mentioning that what Tierno did might just be a Brock gag, which led me to have this (probably silly) thought: could Ash be smiling because Tierno reminds him of Brock when he went after girls? Probably not though, but it's just a thought.

I've seen this idea brought up elsewhere, and if we assume Ash is smiling, this seems like the most probable cause. After all, they're open to referencing previous seasons of the anime, since Dawn's Piplup got a shout out dozens of episodes ago.

matthew11

8000 MMR
wow... why so much quietness here? :S
Smiles...
Let's take this with a grain of salt guys :)
If Ash "smiles" during this upcoming episode because of Trieno's romantic attitude towards Serena, he will do it basically because he will find them funny and not embarrassing...
I wish we can get hints on Thursday... but pushing hints from scenes they don't really fit is risky, just saying :p

Lol too quiet here.

Yes that's actually the idea of it. Satoshi's smile symbolizes his amusement over Tierno's somewhat "Takeshi gag". And like pokesrini said, it's of no consequences, meaning there's no positive or negative response from him. Due to this unwanted reaction, this leads us to expect some decent hints from Serena.

*shy dragon incoming!*

So... After stalking this thread in particular since its creation... I've finally decided to show myself after encouragement from a friend on here. So yeah, super insecure and not an avid "Amourian" rookie is showing up.

*clears throat* But as for the discussion itself... I was kind of curious why hints needed to be classified, until what Mewtario said. Certainly makes sense. As for the upcoming episode...who knows if Ash is really smiling or not, but if he is really smiling, I remember someone mentioning that what Tierno did might just be a Brock gag, which led me to have this (probably silly) thought: could Ash be smiling because Tierno reminds him of Brock when he went after girls? Probably not though, but it's just a thought.

Welcome! I see you have wiped off your shyness :D

If it is indeed similar to Takeshi's gag, we must see some reactions from Satoshi, like pulling Tierno's ear or something. I know this is something impossible since Satoshi has known Tierno just a little bit, but just think about it. Wouldn't it be something we have longed for? For something that could possibly considered as a big hint on Satoshi's side? As I said before, his expression may change as time passes, but it's still a long shot. If this takes place comically, his friendship with him will be safe and sound.

shahroze12

I really don't think that we are going to get a hint in this week's episode.. The most that will happen is that Serena might glance over at Ash when Teirno goes "Brock Mode" ... Ash probably wont give anything out of the ordinary , but he might get protective during the fire. Honestly, I don't really care if this episode is hintless because we have the gym battle coming up and there is a 90% chance that we'll get a significant hint then!!!

If it is indeed similar to Takeshi's gag, we must see some reactions from Satoshi, like pulling Tierno's ear or something. I know this is something impossible since Satoshi has known Tierno just a little bit, but just think about it. Wouldn't it be something we have longed for? For something that could possibly considered as a big hint on Satoshi's side? As I said before, his expression may change as time passes, but it's still a long shot. If this takes place comically, his friendship with him will be safe and sound.

Oh my God!! If that happens then the internet will break!! Although I seriously doubt that will happen now!! What's more possible is that Bonnie (after realizing Serena's feelings) becomes a Max and drags Teirno away from Serena whenever he goes "Brock"!! It'll establish Bonnie as an Amourshipper and it'll look more acceptable on her!! A̶n̶d̶ ̶A̶s̶h̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶b̶l̶i̶v̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶!̶

Last edited:

PsyDan

I remember someone mentioning that what Tierno did might just be a Brock gag, which led me to have this (probably silly) thought: could Ash be smiling because Tierno reminds him of Brock when he went after girls? Probably not though, but it's just a thought.

That's not much of a long-shot. I would love it if it was indeed the case and Ash referenced it. A flashback of Brock would be pretty cool too, but that is very unlikely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.